Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella (8587 Views)

Nairalanders - Complete The Naija Lyrics. . .(non Rap) / All Hail Da Grin .21 Gun Salute For The Naija Rap Kingpin / Rihanna's Umbrella (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by OmoEko1(f): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2007
sect why the name calling grin grin grin
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by nana(f): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2007
sect:

I just realised that its jand girls that are rating this Banky guy high for singin this song that lacks creativity, maybe its because u are not @ home to see the outrageous number of creative & dynamic music Nigerian artist sing that is y you are praising it & @mumu watcher(s) the mumu here loves dynamic,lyrical & creative music of great concept thats why he doesn't regard it as a song.
Dude!I ain't got time to argue,I've said what i want i want to say and that's all. I will just leave to keep criticizing.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by sect(m): 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2007
Bankole wellington is a strange name 2 me but if u say he is known internationally & talented(which he may be) then he has bleeped up by singing that track(it can never take Nigeria to the next level rather it is embarassing us) & i hope rihanna sues him & empty his account so he will learn to respect the copyright law.Thank you
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by nana(f): 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2007
U're welcome. I no get ur time
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by busygirl(f): 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2007
I don't know wat the beef for banky is all about. May be you should visit his myspace site and listen to his other songs. I have known banky even before he re-mixed unbrella. HE IS A GOOD ARTISTE. he has won so many awards in the states. He's also got class so don't think he's local!
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by sect(m): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2007
Alright if you say he is a good artist and has so many awards to his credit thats fine but i just hate it when nigerians remix musics of foreign artist because it makes it seem as if we dont have what it takes to be like them.So you guys dont blast me again.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by sect(m): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2007
Alright if you say he is a good artist and has so many awards to his credit thats fine but i just hate it when nigerians remix musics of foreign artist because it makes it seem as if we dont have what it takes to be like them.So you guys dont blast me again.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by OmoEko1(f): 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2007
Sect u re not welcome on this thread anymore, since u have decided to be an hater tongue grin.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by omoge25(f): 1:15am On Aug 04, 2007
Banky made a video for Ebutemeta. Its a pretty neat idea, like that Kanye West "through the wire" video, anyway posted the youtube link.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=41llfG256cw
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by nana(f): 9:24am On Aug 04, 2007
THat aint the real video but it's nice tho.Let the haters keep on hating.Shio.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by barin24(m): 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2007
omo eko, thanks very plenty, lovely track from banky. just cant kip my ears off it. big up bro.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by OmoEko1(f): 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2007
@barin24

U re welcome kiss kiss
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by dearstan(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2007
i find it real amusing dat all u girls would be supporting piracy and theft. obviuosly dat guy is stupid for copying a teenage girl as old as he is. even if he had to copy, watever happened to patent.
ya'll should giv me a break,
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by nana(f): 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2007
dearstan:

i find it real amusing that all u girls would be supporting piracy and theft. obviuosly that guy is stupid for copying a teenage girl as old as he is. even if he had to copy, watever happened to patent.
ya'll should giv me a break,
Who u be sef?Banky don sing and that's it!
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by sect(m): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2007
D song maybe good 2 d hearing but dat doesnt change the fact dat he copied it so d idea abt it isnt neat a bit & omoge25 mentioned kanye west's through d wire,what he did was remix which he would av gotten permission 2 do so & not COPY,which Nigerians are fond of doing and like i said earlier on i just wish Rihanna could sue him so copy cats like him will learn a very big lesson not 2 imitate other people's work.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by nana(f): 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2007
E don do jare Sect alias dearstan. We've gotten Ur point and it's been noted.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by djcrucifix(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2007
under ebute meta,merin,marun eh eh eh, under ebute meta,meta,meta eh eh eh.i lo' dat record
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by omoge25(f): 12:33am On Aug 05, 2007
nana:

THat aint the real video but it's nice tho.Let the haters keep on hating.Shio.

Banky W posted this on another naija website, he said this was the vid, that the song was a promotional joint so this was the best they would do,
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by tosinadeda: 1:23am On Aug 05, 2007
Some people jst say nonsense at times.
Wut the fck is wrong with wut banky did
na 2day dem dey drop lyrics untop pson beat?
Haters shld jst shut the f up and stop sayn rubbish
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by dearstan(m): 7:32am On Aug 05, 2007
@nana
for the record i am not sect but a totally different guy and if u were smart enough u'd notice the difference in our writing patterns.
Hating on me wont change the truth that nigerians need to be creative and the real question should be who are you?
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by Geezle(m): 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2007
barin24:

omo eko, thanks very plenty, lovely track from banky. just can't kip my ears off it. big up bro.

Omo Eko - spoil me too- acegery@yahoo.com
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by OmoEko1(f): 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2007
Geezle:

Omo Eko - spoil me too- acegery@yahoo.com
sent wink cheesy
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by BankyW1(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2007
Ahhhhh controversy is the right fuel for promotions, I love it. Now I know why 50 does what he does. Gets people talking. Okay so I'm exaggerating, I do give a damn. I hope you like it. I also hope you like the rest of my original music. But lately I've been the subject of a lot of Nigerian bloggers/posters online, and I'm hearing all kinds of things about how "Ebute Metta" (my remix to Rihanna's umbrella) is wack, and how i'm not a real artist, how i'm uncreative, and how i'm unoriginal.

In any case lemme clear the air, since I'm already here. "Ebute Metta" was made for fun; that's it. It wasn't supposed to be a real main single, or anything like that. I literally wrote it and sang it acapella while performing in toronto, and they liked it so much I figured I'd record it quickly for them. I spent MAYBE 10 mins laying it down in the studio, and that was that. I normally put so much time and effort and creativity into my music, and that'll never change; it's just ironic that the one that has really taken off with my Nigerian people is the one I was just fooling around in the studio with,

For those that are questioning my originality, or integrity as an Artist or as a Nigerian, please don't make assumptions after listening to ONE song. Before u blurt anything else out, check the myspace page www.myspace.com/banky or check the following youtube links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r9LKu9UTs0#GU5U2spHI_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwIC6QAvKe4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC86ltLe9Ds

"My Regret", "Capable", "Majekodunmi" are some examples of 100% originality and creativity, but u rush to judge my music off of the only song u took the time to listen to. I've already won the world wide John Lennon Songwriting Award in the r&b category for writing "my regret", and by God's grace there'll be plenty more. I also had two albums already out before "Ebute Metta"; just cuz ur finally listening doesn't mean I just started speaking. I'm finishing up work on my THIRD record people, I mean damn.

Don't rush to judge what u don't know enough about. Besides, u must know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the hiphop/mixtape/for promo only game - cuz if u did, u'd know that when artists like 50 cent (and now lil wayne) were trying to break in, they would do promotional mixtapes where they take popular songs and put a clever spin on it, WITHOUT actually licensing it or anything like that, just to do their own remixes and get it hot in the streets with the dj's and fans, etc. And no, u won't get sued for it.

And I stand by what I did, if u don't like it and ur not feeling me, just pay me no mind. Sooner or later u'll realize what we are trying to do in this game of music world wide, but I guess for some people they have to tear u down until u fight ur way to the grammys and then it becomes "ohhh he's from my country we are the ones that supported them from way back, etc".

All good. Sooner or later u'll get it. Or maybe u won't. At the end of the day, I'm VERY much okay with what I do. U don't have to be.

Oh, and believe it or not, as humorous as Ebute Metta is, and even though it's based entirely on the "umbrella" melody, it's actually slightly creative as far as lyrics go,

some of my personal favorite lines in it are:
"U can cross rivers in Calabar" - calabar is the capital of Cross Rivers State.
"U can so rock out in Abuta" - Aso Rock, Abuja; self explanatory

And of course:
"mad cuz ur girl fell in love with a black-man,
yes I'm so African, tell by my ac-cent,
yes I'm Nigerian, damn right I am pack-ing,
and yes I'm the future the rest of u are past tense"

The point of the song is that regardless of where u are, yankee (America), jand(London), calabar, lagos, even "ebute metta", it doesn't matter cuz we're all Nigerians and like the last line goes, "we can make it if we have unity".

Sorry for the long @$$ note, but I wrote the song just for fun and a little patriotism, folks. If u don't get that, then u probably take some stuff wayyy too seriously, lighten the f*ck up. Forgive me for cussing.

To my Naija people, and my African people, I still love y'all, and I always will, even if it takes u some time to feel the same
shocked)~

~ B.W.

Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by nana(f): 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2007
Hoo la la cheesy. What else can i say? Nuffin,Well done jare Banky.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by busygirl(f): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2007
Banky, one word from me 2 you
YOU'RE THA BOMB
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by EkoLomo1(f): 2:26am On Aug 26, 2007
busygirl:

Banky, one word from me 2 you
YOU'RE THA BOMB
Haba long time no see, where have you been grin grin it's Omo eko sha
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by BankyW1(m): 11:51am On Aug 26, 2007
Thanx folks, sorry for the long reply, I just had to vent a little bit.

Album coming soon.
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by EkoLomo1(f): 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2007
Banky W:

Thanx folks, sorry for the long reply, I just had to vent a little bit.

Album coming soon.
Your voice is lovely kiss kiss kiss and can i get your # or email addy  lol just kiddding cheesy cheesy

Btw, My Regret was the best songs have heard from you so far, anyway keep up the good work tongue.

But are you really banky W sha undecided
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by busygirl(f): 12:27am On Aug 27, 2007
@ omo eko, I dey oo. my computer crashed that's why i don't come online regularly.
@ Banky, I love that song called CAPABLE. I actually have it on ma phone and I never get tired of listenining to it. I really love the part that says " Dont trip, you've never seen an african do it like this".
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by EkoLomo1(f): 2:11am On Aug 27, 2007
busygirl:

@ omo eko, I dey oo. my computer crashed that's why i don't come online regularly.
@ Banky, I love that song called CAPABLE. I actually have it on ma phone and I never get tired of listenining to it. I really love the part that says " Dont trip, you've never seen an african do it like this".
Eya sorry oh sad so have you gotten it fix now

Btw, can u send me the Capable track to anastygurl@aol.com, thanks girls
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by trendy(f): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2007
i wonder why people keeps dissing the song
why not focus on the message and get your hussle on

we' ve seen many artiste do the same thing and get away
why is banky different tongue

carry go banky nothing do u
Re: Ebutemeta The Naija Verison Of Umbrella by busygirl(f): 9:43am On Aug 28, 2007
@ omo eko, i haven't fixed it yet. I'm trying to get a new laptop, once i get it, I'll send it to you.

Faze's Originality And Tuface's Ustoppable, Reviews And Comments / Top 5 Best Rappers Of All Time / Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian !

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61