Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Enormous Crowd As Chief Michael Itoje Is Laid To Rest - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Enormous Crowd As Chief Michael Itoje Is Laid To Rest (333 Views)

Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / Seventh-Day Adventist Couple Weds Without Reception, Bestman, Chief Bridesmaid / Lawyers Mourn As Their 26-Year-Old Colleague Is Laid To Rest In Imo State.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enormous Crowd As Chief Michael Itoje Is Laid To Rest by GtDigital(m): 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2020
ENORMOUS CROWD AS CHIEF MICHAEL ITOJE IS LAID TO REST

Over the weekend, it was a gathering of notable Traditional Chiefs, illustrious sons and daughters, captains of industries, friends and relatives as Chief Michael Odjuvwederhie Itoje is laid to rest in Kokori Inland, Ethiope East Local Government Area of Delta State.

Until his death which took place on 13th July, 2020, Chief Michael Odjuvwederhie Itoje was the oldest man in Akpojevwe Street and 4th in hierarchy at the traditional council of Chiefs in Kokori Inland.

In His tribute, his immediate younger brother, High Chief Omo Itoje (JP) said "we enjoyed your leadership as our most senior brother! You were hard working, kind and disciplined. Your advise to us about life generally was remarkable. You did not hide your feeling and pretend, as you always speak your mind and offer genuine advise.

Your generosity knows no bound. It would make no sense to wish that you should live forever because without death one cannot go to heaven. Daddy, the memory of the good legacy you left behind speaks volume.

We will sincerely miss you, but we are satisfied that you died in the Lord and presently resting with God. May the Almighty God grant you peaceful eternal rest at the blossom of the Lord and may the good Lord grant and give us the courage to bear this irreplaceable loss"

According the his first son, Mr. Itoje Solomon Onotaneyere, "I am very grateful to God to be fathered by you. Daddy you impacted positively on my life. I cherished your encouragement, prayers, supports and everything you did to make me what I am today. Adieu Daddy!

OTHER TRIBUTES
"Dear beloved father, we will forever miss you. I most say that you possessed an hero's heart. I cannot forget how you faced challenges and you handled situations bravely. According to great hero's statement " when deal get tough, the tough will keep going" I am thankful that you lived to fulfil the plan of Almighty God for your life. Rest well father and may you behold God's glory with the angels and saints. - Itoje Ovwigho (Son)"

"Our grandfather was a quiet man, but his silence could speak volumes, the warmth of his gaze said "I love you". The strength of his hugs said " I will keep you safe". The gentleness of his hands said "you are precious to me". His no of approval for a job well done said " I respect you". In the years to come, we may not remember many of the words our grandfather spoke, but the memories of what he conveyed without speaking a word will stay in our hearts. Goodbye Grandpa! - Triumph, Serah, Paula, Paul Joseph Itoje (grand children)"

"Chief Michael Odjuvwederhie Itoje, I know you are doing great! Thanks God, you are cooling off from a long journey of 115 years. The first day, you saw me as tour daughter in-law, you accepted, loved, prayer and blessed me. You went to a place where there is no tears, nor sorrow; only laugher and smiles. - Mrs. Chioma Emmanuel Itoje (Daughter In-law)"

"A wonderful, accommodating, understanding and cooperative man! A good journey and good fellow, who was always dependable. Rest in peace Papa! Goodbye! Till we meet again on the last day! - Austin Akpotu (Son In-law)"

"Beloved Daddy! You were an exceptional father! A leader and role model. You traversed the world and contributed your quota to the development of humanity. Your good deeds of advocating for a peaceful coexistence, love, mercy and justice shall be written in the pavilion of history. Moreover, the end of life becomes painful and regretful when we are justified by men but condemned by God. Therefore, it is my earnest prayer, that God grants you eternal rest in His bosom and on the last day, we shall see face to face in God's paradise...as it is appointed unto men once to die but after this the judgment. Hebrews 9:27. - Amb. Itodje Okiemute Godstime (Son)"

"You are a great man that served in our time! We will always Remember you because of your diligent service. We lived you but God loves you most! Goodbye Papa! Rest in peace in the bosom of our dear Lord Jesus Christ. - Chief Sunday Ummunade and Kingsley Ivwighre"

"Dear Beloved Father, I call you yummy Daddy! Still like a nightmare to me that you are no more. You were an excellent adviser, counselor, and hope giver. The time we spent together eating and drinking tea, bread and sardine still fresh in my memory. Your door that is constantly shut reminds !e that you have gone to be with your maker. Rest in peace Papa. - Itoje Oghenevwiroro Bridget (Last Born)"

So many friends and relatives described the late Chief Michael Odjuvwederhie Itodje as an icon, legend and goodly father with outstanding performance in leadership.

THE BIOGRAPHY OF LATE CHIEF MICHAEL ODJUVWEDERHIE ITOJE

Late Chief Michael Odjuvwederhie Itoje, the Akanama of the Itoje Dynasty and the oldest man of Akpojevwe Street, was born to Late Chief Edafuagbe Itoje of Akpojevwe Street, Kokori Inland in Ethiope East Local Government Area and Late Mrs. (Madam) Eseberuo Itoje of Ezegbe, Aragba of Origin in Ughelli North Local Government Area, both of Delta State on 2th June, 1905.

Papa has his elementary education in Kokori Inland. Although he was so passionate to further his education to a higher level but his dream was truncated while he travelled with his cousin to Benin.

When Papa returned from Benin, he dabbled into business whereby he became a major dealer and distributor of Ogogoro (Local made hot drink) from Kokori Inland to Okwagbe through local boat. The lucrativeness of the business opened doors to other businesses that brought him to limelight and recognition in the society.

His rubber factory business in those days, created a lot of jobs abs supports for his family members and environs as very good number of youths were meaningfully engaged at his rubber factory that was located at the end of Akpojevwe Street in Kokori Inland.

He was also known as one of the major oil and gas moguls due to his flourishing fuel and kerosene business that was established in the 80"s.

In his vision of expanding his business and establishing multiple streams of income, Late Chief Michael Odjuvwederhie Itoje dabbled into farming. His doggedness and skillfulness in farming elevated him to be one of the major Agric Palm Oil Producers in his days.

Papa was famously recognized among his peers due to his outstanding wisdom in addressing challenging issues both in the family and community at large. His eloquent presentation and management of conflicts will never be forgotten in hurry. Like the biblical King Solomon, people from far and near flooded Papa's home, seeking redress for their marital challenges and other issues of life.

Moreover, Late Chief Michael Odjuvwederhie Itoje was zealous for God and was baptised at First Baptist Church Kokori Inland during his youth days. And as part of his value for spirituality and obedience to divine principles, Papa often woke up early in the morning and prayed for the wellbeing of the family members, wishing that all sons and daughters of the Itoje family fulfil their destinies in accordance with the will of God Almighty.

Above all, our dear Papa was an embodiment of wisdom! An amiable father, a disciplinarian and outstanding counselor! He was resolute and resilient. He had often craved for more distinguished and industrious sons and daughters to be raised in the Itodje family.

Until death our Beloved father which took place July, 2020, he was 4th in hierarchy in the traditional council of chiefs in Kokori Inland. He was a prominent father of the Ukoko Ineki cooperative and Ukoko egwre multipurpose cooperative society.

Papa survived by two brothers, three wives, sixty nine grand children, a great grand child and innumerable relatives.

Papa, we love you but God loves you most, rest in the bosom of the Lord, until we shall meet again!

In appreciation, Chief Michael's first son, Mr. Solomon Itodje Onotaneyere said "on behalf of the entire members of Itodje family, we sincerely appreciate every one of you who contributed immensely in one way or the other towards the success of the burial ceremony of our beloved father, Chief Michael Odjuvwederhie Itoje

We also wish to acknowledge most sincerely the presence of notable chiefs, distinguished personalities, and all other good spirited persons during the ceremony in the midst of their busy schedules to honour this occasion.

May the Almighty God grant you journey mercies back to your various destinations in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"

Re: Enormous Crowd As Chief Michael Itoje Is Laid To Rest by GtDigital(m): 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2020
Rest in peace Papa at 115

Re: Enormous Crowd As Chief Michael Itoje Is Laid To Rest by Nobody: 4:35am On Dec 02, 2020
Must everything be put up on SOCIAL MEDIA..?
Where do we really keep our senses when such thoughtless moments start jingling in our brain..?
What's really wrong with us...?
We keep blaming BUHARI and throwing tantrums on them, yet many do not have sense..

Now it's been uploaded, what next..?
U want people to react, right...?
I have reacted mine.
D next is coming

(1) (Reply)

Don't Miss Out Drip Party 2021 | Lionsounds Inc / Free Web Design Training / 'love And Respect Always Win', Says Bichi Jr., Fans Concur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.