Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Needful Nuggets - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Needful Nuggets (1921 Views)

Daily Christian Nuggets For A Pleasant Walk With God / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Nuggets / Bible's Supernatural Nuggets! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
Stories That Ginger the Hearts

A wealthy man and his son loved to collect rare works of art. They had everything in their collection, from Picasso to Raphael. They would often sit together and admire the great works of art.

When the Vietnam conflict broke out, the son went to war. He was very courageous and died in battle while rescuing another soldier. The father was notified and he grieved deeply for his only son.

About a month later, just before Christmas, there was a knock at the door. A young man stood at the door with a large package in his hands. He said, "Sir, you don't know me, but I am the soldier for whom your son gave his life. He saved me alongside many lives that day. He was carrying me to safety when a bullet struck him in the heart and he died instantly. He often talked about you and your love for the art."

The young man held out his package. "I know this isn't much. I'm not really a great artist, but I think your son would have wanted you to have this.'

The old man opened the package. It was a portrait of his son painted by the young man. He stared in awe at the way the soldier had captured the personality of his son in the painting. The father was so drawn to the eyes that his own eyes swelled up with tears. He thanked the young man and offered to pay him for the picture.

"Oh, no, sir. I could never repay what your son did for me. It's a gift."

The father hung the portrait over his mantle. Everytime visitors came to his house, he took them to see the portrait of his son before he showed them any of the other great works he had collected.

The man died a few months later. There was to be a great auction of his paintings. Many influential people gathered, excited over seeing the great paintings and having an opportunity to purchase one for their collection.

On the platform sat the painting of the son. The auctioneer pounded the gavel. "We will start the bidding with this picture of the son. Who will bid for this picture?"

There was silence.

Then, a voice in the back of the room shouted, "We want to see the famous paintings. Skip this one."

But the auctioneer insisted: 'Will somebody bid for this painting? Who will start the bidding? $100? $200?"

( the story continues)
Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 12:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
Then, a voice in the back of the room shouted, "We want to see the famous paintings. Skip this one."

But the auctioneer insisted: 'Will somebody bid for this painting? Who will start the bidding? $100? $200?"

Another voice angrily said: "We didn't come to see this painting. We came to see the Van Goghs, the Rembrandts. Get on with the real bids!"

Despite their persistence, the auctioneer continued: "The son! The son! Who'll take the artwork of the son?"

Finally, a voice came from the very back of the room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. "I'll give $10 for the painting." Being a poor man, it was all he could afford.

"We have $10, who will bid for $20?"

"Give him for $10," one of the men in the crowd said. "Let's see the masterpieces."

The auctioneer pounded the gavel. "Going... going...gone. The artwork is sold for $10."

A man sitting on the second row shouted: "Now, let's get on with the collection!"

The auctioneer laid down the gavel. "I'm sorry, the auction is over."

The crowd was appalled. "What about the painting?" one of them asked.

The auctioneer shook his head. "I'm sorry. When I was called to conduct this auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will. I was not
allowed to reveal that stipulation until this time. Only the painting of the son would be auctioned. Whoever bought that painting would inherit
the entire estate, including the paintings. The man who took the artwork of the son gets everything."

God gave His son over 2,000 years ago to die on the cross. It was much like the auctioner. His message today is: The Son, the Son, who will take
the Son?

The fact is whoever takes the Son gets everything!

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, WHO SO EVER BELIEVETH, SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE (JOHN 3:16)

That's love.

(Culled from the Media)

MORE STORIES TO COME.

1 Like

Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2021

Another voice angrily said: "We didn't come to see this painting. We came to see the Van Goghs, the Rembrandts. Get on with the real bids!"

Despite their persistence, the auctioneer continued: "The son! The son! Who'll take the artwork of the son?"

Finally, a voice came from the very back of the room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. "I'll give $10 for the painting." Being a poor man, it was all he could afford.

"We have $10, who will bid for $20?"

"Give him for $10," one of the men in the crowd said. "Let's see the masterpieces."

The auctioneer pounded the gavel. "Going... going...gone. The artwork is sold for $10."

A man sitting on the second row shouted: "Now, let's get on with the collection!"

The auctioneer laid down the gavel. "I'm sorry, the auction is over."

The crowd was appalled. "What about the painting?" one of them asked.

The auctioneer shook his head. "I'm sorry. When I was called to conduct this auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will. I was not
allowed to reveal that stipulation until this time. Only the painting of the son would be auctioned. Whoever bought that painting would inherit
the entire estate, including the paintings. The man who took the artwork of the son gets everything."

God gave His son over 2,000 years ago to die on the cross. It was much like the auctioner. His message today is: The Son, the Son, who will take
the Son?

The fact is whoever takes the Son gets everything!

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, WHO SO EVER BELIEVETH, SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE (JOHN 3:16)

That's love.

(Culled from the Media)

MORE STORIES TO COME.
Re: Needful Nuggets by FairCritic(m): 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
Nice story.
Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
THE VALUE OF YOUR SOUL

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8: 36). The above statement by our Lord Jesus

Christ ought to ring in our ears like a trumpet blast. It concerns OUR SOULS. What a serious question these words of Scripture contain! Where is the accountant who could balance it up? Where is the clever mathematician who would not be baffled by that sum? "What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" It i the first step toward Heaven to find out the true words of our souls.

Nowadays, the things of this world are seen as being all important, with little given to the things of eternity. The life that we now live in our bodies is not the only life. There is a life to come. We have souls. All is not over when we take our last breath, and the doctor's last visit has been paid - when the funeral preparations are made, and the coffin is screwed down - when 'ashes to ashes and dust to dust' has been pronounced over the grave. The spirit of the man still lives on. We all have within us an undying soul.

There shall be a time when the sun shall cease to shine, and the moon no more gives its light, but the soul of the humblest labourer is made of far more enduring stuff. It shall survive the crash of a dying universe and live on for all eternity. We have got to realise the responsibility and seriousness of having a never-dying soul.

Read your Bible and get to know what it says. Seek the Lord in prayer and pour out your heart before Him. Go to a place of worship regularly, hear the Gospel preached, and give God His day. If any ask you the reason why: if husband or wife, or child, or friend say, "Why are you doing this?" - answer them boldly and say, "I do these things because I have a soul."

The next remark I have to make is this: ANYONE MAY LOSE HIS OWN SOUL. You cannot save that soul of yours, my friend: remember that! You cannot make your own peace with God. You cannot wipe away a single sin. You cannot blot away any one of the wrongs which stand in the book of God against you. You cannot change your own heart, but there is one thing you can do, you can lose your own soul.

Where does the soul go to when lost? There is only one solemn answer to that question. There is only one place to which it can go, and that is Hell. There is no such thing as annihilation. The lost soul goes to that place where the fire is not quenched - where there is blackness and darkness, wretchedness and despair forever. It goes to hell - the only place for which it is suitable - since it is not suitable for heaven. "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all nations that forget God." (Psalm 9:17).

Don't tell me what a man thinks about his soul when he is in the fullness of health, tell me instead what he thinks when the world is sinking beneath him, and death, judgement, and eternity are looming. Does anyone wish to have a clearer idea of his soul's value? Then go and measure it by the opinions of the dead. Read in the Bible in St. Luke, chapter 16 about the world to come, which gives us a glimpse of what dead men think of the value of their soul.

The last remark I have to make is this: ANY MAN'S SOUL MAY BE SAVED. I could not bear the awful responsibility of telling men that everyone has a soul that anyone may lose his soul - that the loss of the soul is a loss for which nothing can make up - if I could not also proclaim that any man's soul maybe saved.

I proclaim with a confidence that anyone's soul may be saved because Christ has once died. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, has died upon the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. "Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God." (1 Peter 3: 18). Christ has taken over our sins in His own body on the cross and allowed the punishment we all deserve to fall on Him.
If you will ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins, then you can know that your soul will be saved for all eternity. Is your soul in danger of being lost?

By Dr. J.C Ryle

1 Like

Re: Needful Nuggets by Janet96(f): 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
God bless
Re: Needful Nuggets by GodPraise: 7:20am On Jan 10, 2021
Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
Ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high his royal banner,
It must not suffer loss.
From victory unto victory
His army shall he lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.

Stand in his strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the gospel armor,
Each piece put on with prayer;
Where duty calls or danger,
Be never wanting there.

The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor's song.
To those who vanquish evil
A crown of life shall be;
They with the King of Glory
Shall reign eternally.
Re: Needful Nuggets by Janet96(f): 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
Up, up Jesus.
Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
SHOULD A CHRISTIAN DRESS SCANTILY?

To start with, I like fashion. Yes, I believe one should dress and look good. There's nothing wrong with being fashionable or looking gorgeous.

However, there must be a line. Being fashionable is not the same as being indecent. Yes, I know the word 'decency' and 'indecency' can be subjective, which means they can be subjected to different interpretations. But we all know what 'private' parts and the sensuous parts of the body are. When a woman dresses and she shows parts of her breasts, she has obviously crossed the line. Those parts are not to be exposed. So, if you must dress well, dress decently.

One must be mindful of not trying to conform with the things of the world. The Bible warns against trying to conform to the standards of this world.

"... don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred towards God?" (James 4: 4). To be a friend of the world is to speak like them, eat like them; eat, drink, enjoy, behave and dress like them. In II Corinthians 6: 17, believers are urged to "...come out from them and be separate, says the Lord."

Because others are dressing like that, or because others are doing it is not enough to make you join them. Be distinctive. Above all, don't be shy to identify with the standard of God and what is good and decent.

Peace unto you.
Re: Needful Nuggets by Janet96(f): 7:26am On Jan 12, 2021
DivineDynamics:
SHOULD A CHRISTIAN DRESS SCANTILY?

To start with, I like fashion. Yes, I believe one should dress and look good. There's nothing wrong with being fashionable or looking gorgeous.

However, there must be a line. Being fashionable is not the same as being indecent. Yes, I know the word 'decency' and 'indecency' can be subjective, which means they can be subjected to different interpretations. But we all know what 'private' parts and the sensuous parts of the body are. When a woman dresses and she shows parts of her breasts, she has obviously crossed the line. Those parts are not to be exposed. So, if you must dress well, dress decently.

One must be mindful of not trying to conform with the things of the world. The Bible warns against trying to conform to the standards of this world.

"... don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred towards God?" (James 4: 4). To be a friend of the world is to speak like them, eat like them; eat, drink, enjoy, behave and dress like them. In II Corinthians 6: 17, believers are urged to "...come out from them and be separate, says the Lord."

Because others are dressing like that, or because others are doing it is not enough to make you join them. Be distinctive. Above all, don't be shy to identify with the standard of God and what is good and decent.

Peace unto you.

Peace unto you too

1 Like

Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
THE PRINCE AND THE PRISONER

Two young men got into an argument that degenerated into a quarrel. They hit each other hard to the extent that one dealt a fatal blow on the other that resulted in murder. The murderer was arrested, tried and sentenced to death. He was thrown deep down in an underground cell. He was awaiting the day of his execution by hanging.

It so happened that all those in the dungeon were awaiting death by hanging. Once in a while, the executioner came to call the name of the one whose turn it was to be executed. One day, the warder came to call the young man who had murdered his friend. Just before he could answer, someone else in the cell responded to his name. Everywhere was quiet. As it worked, once the prisoner was brought to the door of the prison, his face would be covered with a veil so that it would not be seen by the executioner.

The hanging took place and the man whose face was covered died. The king was still livid in anger about what the young man had done, so he asked that the face be uncovered for everyone to see the convicted murderer. As the mask was taken off, everyone gasped. It was the Prince, the king's son. He had been sent to the dungeon for stirring rebelion. The king was hurt. His son had answered on behalf of his prison friend, the murderer.

So, the king decided that the price had been paid for the one who committed the murder and gave the Prince's pardon to the young man who was supposed to die. He was brought into the palace to take the place of the dead Prince and all the rights and privileges of the Prince were given to him.

Amazingly, this is exactly what Christ did on our behalf. No matter what we are told or what the result of researches into man's problem is, the root cause of man's problem is SIN. It is the cause of sickness, poverty, family dysfunction, destruction of nations, bad leadership, economic crisis, abuse, sexual violence and everything that destroys people's destinies.

When God wants to touch our lives, he deals with the root cause. Sin is not just an act. It is a nature. His son paid on the cross for our sins and this is how we know Love. Jesus loves you and died for you on the cross. He took your place as a prisoner so that you will take His place as one righteous before God.

There is no better time to ask Jesus to come into your life than NOW!
Re: Needful Nuggets by GodPraise: 6:37am On Jan 15, 2021
Jesus be praised.
Re: Needful Nuggets by Zamar: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
GodPraise:
Jesus be praised.

Hallelujah
Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
Some Quotes on Modesty

A great man is always willing to be little.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.

Harry S. Truman

There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.

Ronald Reagan

Paul on Biblical Modesty:

1 Timothy 2:8-10

“I desire…that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.”
Re: Needful Nuggets by Janet96(f): 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
Very instructive.
Re: Needful Nuggets by ToyinOlorunsola(m): 12:03am On Jan 19, 2021
DivineDynamics:
Some Quotes on Modesty

A great man is always willing to be little.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.

Harry S. Truman

There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.

Ronald Reagan

Paul on Biblical Modesty:

1 Timothy 2:8-10

“I desire…that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.”

Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
HOW CAN THIS BE?

How can this be? Salvation free? A gift? Performed by a man from the despised region of Galilee, son of a carpenter, a man who lived less than 35 years, rejected by the leaders of his own country? How can this be?
It can be, because this Man from Galilee is not only true man. He is the eternal Son of the Father and the Holy Ghost, lives and rules the world eternally.

So the sacred Scriptures tell us. "In Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily," Paul says to the Colossians. "God was manifest in the flesh," St. Paul says to Timothy. And the writer to the Hebrews says that He is "the brightness of His (God's) glory, and the express image of His person."

Of course! How else could He keep the Law and be "Holy, harmless, undefilled" by sin? Just think of it. No evil thought crossed His mind. No unkind word passed His lips. No unjust deed marred His behavior. He "went about doing good," only good, healing the sick, comforting the sorrowing, bringing peace to the distressed. There is no way that we could begin to remove even our own sin, much less the sin of the world. It is the blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son, that cleanseth us from all sin.
Jesus Christ is still waiting for those that are yet to accept Him to do so. It is not late now. TODAY is the day of salvation.
Re: Needful Nuggets by Janet96(f): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
Yes, Jesus is our Saviour.
Re: Needful Nuggets by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2021
Darell2002
Sir please I really need help
I was one of the first people that qouted u on the betting thread
Please Sir 10k will go a very long way for me
Please include me in your giveaway
Re: Needful Nuggets by GodPraise: 7:35am On Jan 23, 2021
DivineDynamics:

HOW CAN THIS BE?

How can this be? Salvation free? A gift? Performed by a man from the despised region of Galilee, son of a carpenter, a man who lived less than 35 years, rejected by the leaders of his own country? How can this be?
It can be, because this Man from Galilee is not only true man. He is the eternal Son of the Father and the Holy Ghost, lives and rules the world eternally.

So the sacred Scriptures tell us. "In Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily," Paul says to the Colossians. "God was manifest in the flesh," St. Paul says to Timothy. And the writer to the Hebrews says that He is "the brightness of His (God's) glory, and the express image of His person."

Of course! How else could He keep the Law and be "Holy, harmless, undefilled" by sin? Just think of it. No evil thought crossed His mind. No unkind word passed His lips. No unjust deed marred His behavior. He "went about doing good," only good, healing the sick, comforting the sorrowing, bringing peace to the distressed. There is no way that we could begin to remove even our own sin, much less the sin of the world. It is the blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son, that cleanseth us from all sin.
Jesus Christ is still waiting for those that are yet to accept Him to do so. It is not late now. TODAY is the day of salvation.

Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2021
CALVARY: THE PLACE OF PEACE AND PARDON

CALVARY, where we can see God's love at its best, and man's sin at its worst. Calvary, where the Son of God died, in order that the son of men may live forever. (Mark 15: 16 - 20; 24 - 28)

And the soldiers led Him away into the hall, called Praetorium, and they call together the whole band. And they clothed Him with purple, and planted a crown of thorns, and put it about His head. And began to salute Him, Hail, King of Jews!

And they smote Him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon Him, and bowing their knees worshipped Him. And when they had mocked Him, they took the purple robe from Him, and put His own clothes on Him, and led Him out to crucify Him.

And when they had crucified Him, they parted His garments, casting lots upon them, what every man should take. And it was the third hour, and they crucified Him two thieves; the one on His right , and the other on His left. And the superscription of His accusation was written over, The King of the Jews. And He was numbered with transgressors.

THE SON OF GOD SUFFERING FOR SINNERS

The passage we have read now shows us the infinite love of Christ towards sinners. The sufferings described in it would fill our minds with mingled horror and compassion, if they had been inflicted on one who was only a man like ourselves. But when we reflect that the sufferer was the eternal Son of God, we are lost in wonder and amazement.

TRUE CHRISTIANS HAVE PEACE

Through the blood of Jesus true Christians have peace with God. They are pardoned and brought nigh to God. Here is rest and peace for the conscience. The blood of Jesus can cleanse you from all sin. Though your sins should be scarlet, they may be made white as snow. Here is the secret of a happy heart. Blessed be God, there is a fountain opened for sinners, even the precious blood of the lamb, and washing daily in that fountain, we are clean from sin.

COME AND BE SAVED

To be saved is to be delivered in this present life from the power of sin, by receiving a new nature through the working of Christ's Spirit. It is to be freed from the hateful dominion of sin, the world, and the devil, by having a new creature put in us by the Holy Ghost. Whosoever is thus renewed in the spirit of his mind, is a saved soul. He shall enter into the glorious kingdom of God.

Dr. J.C. Ryle
Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 10:07am On Jan 24, 2021
Importance of Praising God

The Duke of Wellington, the British military leader who defeated Napoleon at Waterloo, proved to be an extremely difficult officer under which to serve. Brilliant and demanding, he rarely gave compliments to his soldiers.

No doubt due to mellowing in his old age, he gave the following reply when asked if he would do anything differently, given another chance at life: “I’d give more praise.”

While that’s a good life lesson in terms of person to person, it’s infinitely more important in our relationship with God. So rather than looking back at the end of your life, wishing you had praised more, start now. Here are seven reasons why you must not wait.

The Bible commands it. As the Psalmist says, “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord” (Psalm 150:6).

Praise facilitates access to God. Obviously, it’s the blood of Jesus that paves the way for our forgiveness from sin and relationship with God (Hebrews 10:19). That being said, our perpetual praise provides a clear and unhindered passage. Therefore, “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise” (Psalm 100:4).

Praise is where God lives. Wait a minute, isn’t God omnipresent – everywhere, all the time? Absolutely! Yet His presence is especially intense in an atmosphere of praise. The Bible says God is “Enthroned upon the praises of Israel” (Psalm 22:3).

Praise promotes productivity. According to the Word, the Earth yields its produce in the presence of praise (Psalm 17:5-6). Does this mean crops are actually going to grow better where praise is present? Perhaps. Why not? Whatever your feeling on the matter, I like Jack Taylor’s commentary in his book The Hallelujah Factor. “When we praise, productivity is maximized, fulfillment is realized and frustration is neutralized” (p. 31).

Praise chases away despair. There’s no better way to beat the blues than to change our focus from self to God. Such a shift produces “the oil of gladness instead of mourning” (Isaiah 61:3).

Praise is an effective weapon against the devil. I firmly believe Satan, once the good angel Lucifer and God’s praise leader (Isaiah 14), was kicked out of heaven and doomed to destruction due to his desire to be like God. He has hated praise ever since because of its reminder of what he gave up and can’t regain.

God is worthy of it. “The Lord is great and worthy of our praise” (NCV). While it’s obviously good to praise and encourage those around us, God alone deserves our heartfelt worship and supreme allegiance.

Two missionaries traveled to southern Mexico to work among the Chol Indians. Among other ministries, they labored 25 years to translate the New Testament into the local language. Today, more the 12,000 make up the Chol Christian Community – which, by the way, is financially self-supporting. What’s most amazing, however, is that even though the locals didn’t know how to sing when the missionaries arrived, they’ve since became known as “the singers.”

“They love to sing now,” said George Sweeting in Psalms of the Heart, “because now they have something to sing about” (p. 70-71).

As believers, we not only have something to sing about, but Someone to praise. So, whether it’s privately or corporately, musically, verbally or otherwise, let the praises begin.

TODD GADDIS
Re: Needful Nuggets by GodPraise: 4:46am On Jan 25, 2021
DivineDynamics:
Importance of Praising God

The Duke of Wellington, the British military leader who defeated Napoleon at Waterloo, proved to be an extremely difficult officer under which to serve. Brilliant and demanding, he rarely gave compliments to his soldiers.

No doubt due to mellowing in his old age, he gave the following reply when asked if he would do anything differently, given another chance at life: “I’d give more praise.”

While that’s a good life lesson in terms of person to person, it’s infinitely more important in our relationship with God. So rather than looking back at the end of your life, wishing you had praised more, start now. Here are seven reasons why you must not wait.

The Bible commands it. As the Psalmist says, “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord” (Psalm 150:6).

Praise facilitates access to God. Obviously, it’s the blood of Jesus that paves the way for our forgiveness from sin and relationship with God (Hebrews 10:19). That being said, our perpetual praise provides a clear and unhindered passage. Therefore, “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise” (Psalm 100:4).

Praise is where God lives. Wait a minute, isn’t God omnipresent – everywhere, all the time? Absolutely! Yet His presence is especially intense in an atmosphere of praise. The Bible says God is “Enthroned upon the praises of Israel” (Psalm 22:3).

Praise promotes productivity. According to the Word, the Earth yields its produce in the presence of praise (Psalm 17:5-6). Does this mean crops are actually going to grow better where praise is present? Perhaps. Why not? Whatever your feeling on the matter, I like Jack Taylor’s commentary in his book The Hallelujah Factor. “When we praise, productivity is maximized, fulfillment is realized and frustration is neutralized” (p. 31).

Praise chases away despair. There’s no better way to beat the blues than to change our focus from self to God. Such a shift produces “the oil of gladness instead of mourning” (Isaiah 61:3).

Praise is an effective weapon against the devil. I firmly believe Satan, once the good angel Lucifer and God’s praise leader (Isaiah 14), was kicked out of heaven and doomed to destruction due to his desire to be like God. He has hated praise ever since because of its reminder of what he gave up and can’t regain.

God is worthy of it. “The Lord is great and worthy of our praise” (NCV). While it’s obviously good to praise and encourage those around us, God alone deserves our heartfelt worship and supreme allegiance.

Two missionaries traveled to southern Mexico to work among the Chol Indians. Among other ministries, they labored 25 years to translate the New Testament into the local language. Today, more the 12,000 make up the Chol Christian Community – which, by the way, is financially self-supporting. What’s most amazing, however, is that even though the locals didn’t know how to sing when the missionaries arrived, they’ve since became known as “the singers.”

“They love to sing now,” said George Sweeting in Psalms of the Heart, “because now they have something to sing about” (p. 70-71).

As believers, we not only have something to sing about, but Someone to praise. So, whether it’s privately or corporately, musically, verbally or otherwise, let the praises begin.

TODD GADDIS
Re: Needful Nuggets by Janet96(f): 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2021
Glory be to God
Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

LIFE is all about making choices. We make choices at every moment of our lives on daily basis. For instance, you have made some today. The fact that you are reading this message is also a choice that you have made.

God has made every man to choose between two or more variables in their lifetime. God said in the Bible: "See, I have set before thee this day life and good, death and evil." (Deuteronomy 30: 15). From this passage, God is literally saying that He will not force His will upon you. He has given you an 'open cheque' as a free moral agent to make your choices. But one thing you need to bear in mind is that there are either rewards or consequences for any choice you make. So you cannot blame anyone, you are responsible for your action(s). The choice or decision that you make today can either make you or mar your tomorrow.

So, friend, what choices have you been making? Have you sat down to examine the effect or outcome of your choices? Do you know that God's wish for you is to choose 'life' and follow the path that leads to eternal life?

Jesus Christ is the life. He said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the father but by me." (John 14:6).

Beloved, make this right choice today by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, and eternal life shall be yours. If you are ready to do this, kindly pray this prayer:

Heavenly Father, I come to you today. I acknowledge my sins and I ask for your forgiveness in Jesus name. I welcome you into my heart today. I renounce every work of darkness in Jesus name. Jesus is now my Lord and Saviour.

Amen.
Re: Needful Nuggets by Zamar: 9:34pm On Jan 28, 2021
Hallelujah!
Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2021
Bible Verses About Humility

By Annette Griffin

We know from God's Word that he resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. How can we know that we are living in humility and ready to receive God's blessings? Humility is the ability to be without pride or arrogance and it is a main character that should be seen in those who follow Jesus Christ. Jesus is the best example of someone who humbly followed God's plan for His life.

Proverbs is filled with warnings of those who refuse to be humble. The New Testament is full of blessings for those who put others before themselves. You will miss out on the blessed, abundant life that God wants for you if you refuse to let get of pride and follow His purpose on your life. Be encouraged by these Bible verses about humility and start choosing today to come humbly before God so He can lift you up!
Re: Needful Nuggets by Janet96(f): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2021
Yes, our Lord is able.
Re: Needful Nuggets by LoveToRead: 10:18am On Jan 30, 2021
Glory be to the Lord.
Re: Needful Nuggets by FairCritic(m): 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Words of wisdom.
Re: Needful Nuggets by DivineDynamics: 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
Greg Judy
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

—I Corinthians 13:13

This verse has sadly been taken out of context so often and has been hijacked by popular culture. It is frequently posted on social media pages. It is a popular verse to get tattooed on a person’s body. There is even a very popular secular song with this verse as a lyric in the main chorus.

Many people — even unbelievers of Scripture — resonate with this verse. But everyone has missed the point. Do people really know what the verse — as well as the terms faith, hope and love — means?

In chapter 13 of his first letter to the Corinthians, Paul gives a list of various spiritual gifts that are useless if not conducted in love. He wants to impress upon the Corinthians that ministry will not produce fruit if not conducted in love.

He then explains the characteristics of love and the attitudes and acts that exemplify a loving person. He writes that “love never ends.” Whereas the spiritual gifts will cease — and some have — love is eternal.

Why is love eternal? First, we have to define faith, hope and love biblically.

According to Hebrews 11:1, “Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Biblical faith is not a blind trust. It is a well-reasoned belief in God and His Word. It is a belief that God will do what He says He will do. Faith allows a Christian to hope for the future.

For the Christian, hope is not a wish or a longing for something to occur. Hope is an expectation that a future event will — and has been promised to — occur. For example, December 25 is the Christmas holiday. It is not a date that we wish were Christmas. It is actually the day on the calendar on which we celebrate Christmas, and we expect that Christmas will occur each year.

Christian hope is Christ’s return. Just as the ancient Jews hoped for the birth of a promised Savior, so too do New Covenant believers hope for the return of the Savior to gather His people and judge the world. Titus calls this a “blessed hope” (Titus 2:13).

Love is an action, not a feeling or emotion, and is best exemplified in John 15:13: “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends,” which Christ Jesus did on his own accord for all those who believe in him alone (John 3:16).

Faith and hope are earthly. Faith is a confident trust in things unseen. Hope is an expectation in Christ’s return.

Love is an act of worship to God. When Christ returns and gathers His people to live with Him forever, faith and hope will have been realized. Christ will be seen. The blessed hope will have occurred.

What remains is an eternity of love for Christ. That’s what makes love greater.

Greg Judy serves on the pastoral staff at Hancock Reformed Baptist Church.
Re: Needful Nuggets by LoveToRead: 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
Love is the greatest gift.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Starts N50 Billion 106,000 Capacity World Record Church This Week / Nigerian Ladies Are Abandoning Religion With The Speed Of Light( Photos) / Looking For A Church Not After Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.