Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo (41398 Views)

Keke Driver Stabbed By Passenger's Kinsman In Nsukka (Photos) / 34-Year-Old Man Beaten To Death In Imo; Accused Of Sleeping With Kinsman’s Wife / Anambra Man Cuts Off Manhood Of Kinsman Over Ludo Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 02, 2020
This got me laughing very hard, sorry no offense to the dead, my condolences to the family
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Hangulsaram: 3:53am On Dec 02, 2020
dominique:
This is why this evil bride price culture is not going away anytime soon, the bride's greedy parents and relatives stand to benefit the most from it. They have so much brainwashed these girls that they think the only way they be seen to have value is being sold like a donkey. Know this and know peace, this is nothing dignifying about being haggled over and sold like a piece of item. It only objectifies you and makes the man and his family feel.lkke they have a right to treat you like a slave.
You just wrote off point here, how does the fight about money connected or brainwashed the girls, and also bride price is not the cause of the fight but greed. What about people who collect #100 only as bride price. The western world you are copying has the own culture so calm down.
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by vivilafrosh(f): 4:07am On Dec 02, 2020
Hangulsaram:
You just wrote off point here, how does the fight about money connected or brainwashed the girls, and also bride price is not the cause of the fight but greed. What about people who collect #100 only as bride price. The western world you are copying has the own culture so calm down.

Shut up
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Fisher400: 5:06am On Dec 02, 2020
because na ball na

Why should he kick his Fellow Man in his Ballsa
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Biglugard(m): 5:27am On Dec 02, 2020
osamz007:
NOTHING FIT SHOCK ME FOR NAIJA AGAIN IF NO BE NAKED WIRE

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by jeff1607(m): 6:38am On Dec 02, 2020
Igbos selling their daughters since 1648
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by dave4rella(m): 6:50am On Dec 02, 2020
shocked
Hopeless and poverty stricken in-laws

May such in-laws never befall me in Jesus name

Contact me for stone and chaf free Nigerian rice in PH
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Sanchez01: 6:56am On Dec 02, 2020
dominique:
This is why this evil bride price culture is not going away anytime soon, the bride's greedy parents and relatives stand to benefit the most from it. They have so much brainwashed these girls that they think the only way they be seen to have value is being sold like a donkey. Know this and know peace, this is nothing dignifying about being haggled over and sold like a piece of item. It only objectifies you and makes the man and his family feel.lkke they have a right to treat you like a slave.
Greed is the keyword here. Where things are normal, the said bride price, is returned to the groom the same night and it is usually cheap, not up to N200.

The justification of expensive bride prices is even crazier; like some would say it is expensive because it would remind the man how valuable the woman he bought was.

I think it is an important part of our culture that should not be abolished. India and some other highly cultural societies still uphold theirs and do it moderately. Only few areas in Nigeria do it out of genuine interest. The rest... It is always a cash out venture.
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Halo22: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2020
I don't know why Imo people see bride-price as something to be relied on. Something that is normally given back to the groom after a deduction of about #200 or there about in places like Anambra and Enugu. But no, Imo and Abia people must make one borrow in order to clear such. In fact, the state govt should end that rubbish as it's affecting their ladies badly, one was even shouting online the other day. However, to kick someone on the scrotum is a dangerous move.... RIP to the dead.
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Georgejeez: 9:08am On Dec 02, 2020
I wonder the kind of eye the new husband will be using to look at his wife now ..

He will be like "so if we go my wife village now go settle quarrel ,na bodybag I go Tek come back ,I no de go lai lai"
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Daftyouth(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2020
BonaMagnate:
The same sharing formula issue Nigeria is going through.

Here the FG is kicking the masses by the balls everything minute.

Humans are really insatiable, we should learn to be fair in our dealings.

Mmmm, yessss, FG kicking the masses in by the balls....
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Gerundphrase: 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
osamz007:
NOTHING FIT SHOCK ME FOR NAIJA AGAIN IF NO BE NAKED WIRE
even naked wire can't shock cos nepa no dey bring light
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by zephyblaze(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2020
dre11:
...Angry youths set suspect's house ablaze

https://thenationonlineng.net/kinsman-kicked-to-death-over-bride-price-controversy-in-imo/
it's not new anyway, he shouldn't had ran away.
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Hangulsaram: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
vivilafrosh:

Shut up
Why? Be sincere.
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Daftyouth(m): 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
All Nigerian males should tell their male friends to stand with their legs akimbo. You also should do same. If you have no male friends but you are father to a son or you are a brother to a brother, this too will suffice. Now all of you should take turns booting each other between the legs with the force of intending to crush each other’s scrotums. This will cause the deaths of millions of Nigerians and, for those that survive, permanently impair their ability to procreate. In any case, the end of Nigeria will be assured, thus teaching the FG a valuable lesson on how to govern.

We youths need to organise this, Bollockos kicking Day, and destroy Nigeria; after all, did the FG not kick the masses by the balls? angry
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by oaksin: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
Omo talk no go finish for 9ja

Abeg.. Who is rocking at Telegram? I found one cool group @abujaconect
Just type on the search bar of telegram "@abujaconect" and you're in to ABUJA NIGERIA CENTRAL ZONE
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by Hangulsaram: 6:45am On Dec 10, 2020
vivilafrosh:

Shut up
Okay ma
Re: Kinsman Kicked To Death Over Bride Price Controversy In Imo by elmodee7(m): 7:04am On Dec 10, 2020
Wild animals. Bush pigs, na them way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Hitting A Man With Shoe For Bashing Her Car In Lagos / Ugandan Maid Caught On Camera Suffocating Employer’s Child (Disturbing Video) / Landlord, Wife Cut Tenant's Face Over Quit Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.