Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education (1124 Views)

I Am Working With A Psycho Please Help / School Resumption: ASUU Is Selfish! Private Schools/varsities Should Better Spea / ASUU Is A Problem Of The Nigerian University System - Prof. Ochonnu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by princealexndre(m): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
Can’t believe I'm just getting to know this now, The Nigeria Government and ASUU are working, hand in hand to cripple the education system., Every Meeting that has been held in close doors and continue to come with excuses from either part.. Little or no attention has been paid to Education since buhari tenure.. we should know the Government controls all and The Government can easily payoff ASUU (union) because of the high rate of corruption in the country.. How can a new generation country go months without education system functioning..we can’t progress like this , Nigeria what’s the way forward... Pls uni-students should hold a Nation wide protest, it Ain’t funny no more.. We Have a future to protect

Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by Vitamin17(m): 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
embarassed
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by doggedfighter(f): 12:17am On Dec 02, 2020
You have spoken angry

It's time to spark.
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by Dreamliner787(m): 3:37am On Dec 02, 2020
cry
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by Tony142: 6:00am On Dec 02, 2020
embarassed
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by paulgabrielz: 7:09am On Dec 02, 2020
embarassed
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by khingTony(m): 7:12am On Dec 02, 2020
embarassed
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by Nanaborga(m): 8:04am On Dec 02, 2020
shocked
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by princealexndre(m): 5:05am On Dec 04, 2020
Y’all are surprised right, that’s as crazy but true
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by princealexndre(m): 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2020
They don’t know this
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by princealexndre(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
ASUU should End the strike immediately
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
princealexndre:
Can’t believe I'm just getting to know this now, The Nigeria Government and ASUU are working, hand in hand to cripple the education system., Every Meeting that has been held in close doors and continue to come with excuses from either part.. Little or no attention has been paid to Education since buhari tenure.. we should know the Government controls all and The Government can easily payoff ASUU (union) because of the high rate of corruption in the country.. How can a new generation country go months without education system functioning..we can’t progress like this , Nigeria what’s the way forward... Pls uni-students should hold a Nation wide protest, it Ain’t funny no more.. We Have a future to protect
The way forward is taking our protest to their doorsteps so that they can know that we are serious. They are intentionally crippling public schools education because they either have private Universities or have stakes in private Universities.
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by princealexndre(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
DamZik:
The way forward is taking our protest to their doorsteps so that they can know that we are serious. They are intentionally crippling public schools education because they either have private Universities or have stakes in private Universities.
you sef don reason am,I hope this gets to front page
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by edoairways: 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
It is high time the media draw their search light on the activities that goes on in the universities especially the public ones. Below is a copied message from a thread where different students aired their views on how most academicians behave towards them. In as much as sympathized with those lecturers, I got say the truth for once.
On Postgraduate Courses and Thesis Defence in Nigerian Universities - A thread:

"We had to pay hotel bills for the members of the panel. You could also offer sex, if your supervisor is the devil's apprentice. Transport money inclusive."
- Erdoo N.

"I decided I'd never have anything else to do with Nigerian universities, the day I saw people defending their masters dissertation presenting coolers of rice, garden eggs and crates of drinks to their supervisors. I legit thought someone was getting married."
- Bibian U.

"We we're told we'd pay 60k each, for both entertainment and logistics of external supervisor."
-Chiamaka O.

"We spent the night prior to my mother's defense at the University of Ilorin, cooking coolers of rice with assorted meat for the lecturers."
- Omekagu.

We fed the whole department.
Paid a prior fee of 2k.
Still gave supervisor gift. This same supervisor then came on one of my Facebook posts to say how I'm too opinionated to get married. I blocked him for my peace of mind. I don't have strength."
- Sylvia E.

"My husband was so frustrated by his Uniuyo supervisor for this, that he abandoned his MBA and finally got it from a UK university without any sort of bribery."
- Uche N.

"In ESUT, students have to buy brand new suits for their supervisors."
- Udeh O.

"Envelopes filled with money. Hotel bills. Payment to the school. External supervisor's fee. The mental stress.
Ah! The only reason I'm still doing it is because I've come too far to stop. After Master's, I'll never do anything school in this country again. Never!"
- Bello A.

"Some departments will even provide you with a menu and list of people you'll feed on the day of your thesis defense.
I nearly wept for my friend, when one non-teaching staff started dragging her because meat had finished."
- Esther A.

"Ordinary B.Sc project I defended, mh supervisor collected a bag of rice. On the defense day, we went to an eatery and bought food and drinks for all the supervisors in the hall."
- Harrison P.

"The money I spent on my supervisor was enough to buy a piece of land in GRA.

-A bottle of special nonalcoholic wine and MTN airtime worth 1.5k for "consultation" before he approved my topic.
-Two months DSTV premium subscription...

-N5000 for every chapter I took to him for vetting. Except Chapter 4 - he made me pay 20k for it because, "all my project students knows I do it better."

-The day of defence, we(a group of about 15 students) paid 2k each for food and transport fare."
-Odichi R.

"We paid 40k each for 'refreshment' and 'honorarium' during internal defence. We are also going to replicate that amount, if not more, during external the defence."
- Ịhụnanya A.

"For BSc project defense we contributed money to feed the supervisors."
-Oreva E.

"My project topic was originally on aquatic snails.

My supervisor said I should bring some snails to his house, not even the aquatic snails that I was supposed to be working on. I bought half a bag of land snails for him.

A week later, he changed my topic to Catfish and demanded that I buy some catfish and and bring them to his house for inspection. I had to do it. I wish he'd asked for rice and drinks, like my colleagues were asked. If have spent less money."
- Ruth D.

"The best thing I ever did for my life and mental health was to abandon my Master's program halfway. My blood pressure was always high. They killed my zeal to study and do research. Nigerian universities? God forbid!"
- Ene P.

"I abandoned my Master's program because my supervisor wanted to have sex with me. I told him I'm a married woman. He said and I quote, "That's even better! I like them married. If anything happens, we'll both keep our mouths shut." No one listened to my report.
- Annie U.

“And Postgraduate students do multiple defenses - proposal, internal and faculty defense, then the very almighty external defense. Multiple seminars too

And refreshment is served in ALL

I swear, MSc/PHD in Nigeria was the most challenging thing I've done in my life so far”
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by Scholarproject: 12:59am On Dec 07, 2020
edoairways:
It is high time the media draw their search light on the activities that goes on in the universities especially the public ones. Below is a copied message from a thread where different students aired their views on how most academicians behave towards them. In as much as sympathized with those lecturers, I got say the truth for once.
On Postgraduate Courses and Thesis Defence in Nigerian Universities - A thread:

"We had to pay hotel bills for the members of the panel. You could also offer sex, if your supervisor is the devil's apprentice. Transport money inclusive."
- Erdoo N.

"I decided I'd never have anything else to do with Nigerian universities, the day I saw people defending their masters dissertation presenting coolers of rice, garden eggs and crates of drinks to their supervisors. I legit thought someone was getting married."
- Bibian U.

"We we're told we'd pay 60k each, for both entertainment and logistics of external supervisor."
-Chiamaka O.

"We spent the night prior to my mother's defense at the University of Ilorin, cooking coolers of rice with assorted meat for the lecturers."
- Omekagu.

We fed the whole department.
Paid a prior fee of 2k.
Still gave supervisor gift. This same supervisor then came on one of my Facebook posts to say how I'm too opinionated to get married. I blocked him for my peace of mind. I don't have strength."
- Sylvia E.

"My husband was so frustrated by his Uniuyo supervisor for this, that he abandoned his MBA and finally got it from a UK university without any sort of bribery."
- Uche N.

"In ESUT, students have to buy brand new suits for their supervisors."
- Udeh O.

"Envelopes filled with money. Hotel bills. Payment to the school. External supervisor's fee. The mental stress.
Ah! The only reason I'm still doing it is because I've come too far to stop. After Master's, I'll never do anything school in this country again. Never!"
- Bello A.

"Some departments will even provide you with a menu and list of people you'll feed on the day of your thesis defense.
I nearly wept for my friend, when one non-teaching staff started dragging her because meat had finished."
- Esther A.

"Ordinary B.Sc project I defended, mh supervisor collected a bag of rice. On the defense day, we went to an eatery and bought food and drinks for all the supervisors in the hall."
- Harrison P.

"The money I spent on my supervisor was enough to buy a piece of land in GRA.

-A bottle of special nonalcoholic wine and MTN airtime worth 1.5k for "consultation" before he approved my topic.
-Two months DSTV premium subscription...

-N5000 for every chapter I took to him for vetting. Except Chapter 4 - he made me pay 20k for it because, "all my project students knows I do it better."

-The day of defence, we(a group of about 15 students) paid 2k each for food and transport fare."
-Odichi R.

"We paid 40k each for 'refreshment' and 'honorarium' during internal defence. We are also going to replicate that amount, if not more, during external the defence."
- Ịhụnanya A.

"For BSc project defense we contributed money to feed the supervisors."
-Oreva E.

"My project topic was originally on aquatic snails.

My supervisor said I should bring some snails to his house, not even the aquatic snails that I was supposed to be working on. I bought half a bag of land snails for him.

A week later, he changed my topic to Catfish and demanded that I buy some catfish and and bring them to his house for inspection. I had to do it. I wish he'd asked for rice and drinks, like my colleagues were asked. If have spent less money."
- Ruth D.

"The best thing I ever did for my life and mental health was to abandon my Master's program halfway. My blood pressure was always high. They killed my zeal to study and do research. Nigerian universities? God forbid!"
- Ene P.

"I abandoned my Master's program because my supervisor wanted to have sex with me. I told him I'm a married woman. He said and I quote, "That's even better! I like them married. If anything happens, we'll both keep our mouths shut." No one listened to my report.
- Annie U.

“And Postgraduate students do multiple defenses - proposal, internal and faculty defense, then the very almighty external defense. Multiple seminars too

[url]And refreshment is served in ALL [/url]
[url]scholarproject.org[/url]

I swear, MSc/PHD in Nigeria was the most challenging thing I've done in my life so far”
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by kjsun15: 5:26am On Dec 07, 2020
princealexndre:
ASUU should End the strike immediately

Yes they should end the strike with immediate alacrity. Because they are zombie without family that fed on them.
They trained medical Doctors day in day out, yet they receive mere peanut as take home, and they never complain but rather they work harder to meet up their family needs, now allowances that they had worked for, not even a statutory allowances oh, earned allowances, meaning that you cannot get it, unless you worked for it, the government failed to pay these allowances over many years.
I think, ASUU members are heartless for being too patriotic to this country, people of Nigeria appreciated their oppressors while they castigate their saviour. Government plan for university education in Nigeria is disheartened but how will you people understand self. let just keep mum.
Re: ASUU Is Working With The Federal Government To Cripple Education by Izzy77(m): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2021
There's no way I could reach you, pls WhatsApp me about the LOADING deal 08122814883

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: No End In Sight, Govt Not Serious – ASUU President / JAMB 2023: Quick Steps To Generate Your Profile Code / Which Private University Is The Best In Nigeria In Terms Of Educational Standard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.