Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,133 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization (13859 Views)

Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / Emir Of Kano: His 2 Rolls Royces At The Center Of The Controversy (PHOTOS) / Europe & Americas Stole And Denied Africa’s Civilization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by samuk: 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
Obalatule:
You are the definition of pain and insecurity, Bini is a Yoruba sub-tribe even your Oba acknowledged this publicly

Do you guys really need to always put yourselves through this painful trashing at the hands of the yorubas all the time? undecided

Please go and call Tao and hide yourself somewhere, I have no time for novice and upstart like you.

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Obalatule: 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
Etinosa12345:

Point of correction... U copied it from us
Okotomeow yarns

Just like you claim Yoruba copied Oba title from you right?

Bini empty barrel noise makers grin

5 Likes

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by samuk: 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2020
Obalatule:
Okotomeow yarns

Just like you claim Yoruba copied Oba title from you right?

Bini empty barrel noise makers grin

Go and call your teacher Tao here right now, you have nothing upstairs to talk about. Let her know that I am ready to offer her or anyone $1000 who is able to provide eyewitness written historical accounts of Benin/Ife relationship early than 1800s.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Obalatule: 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2020
samuk:

Please go and call Tao and hide yourself somewhere, I have no time for novice and upstart like you.
Go and call your Oba....his masters at Ile-ife has summoned him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Obalatule: 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
samuk:

Go and call your teacher Tao here right now, you have nothing upstairs to talk about. Let her know that I am ready to offer her or anyone $1000 who is able to provide eyewitness written historical accounts of Benin/Ife relationship early than 1800s.
You just dey edit this one comment to better hide and disguise your pains grin

Go and offer your Oba ewuare $1000 to recant his shameful statement about descending from Ile-ife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
Obalatule:
You just dey edit this one comment to better hide and disguise your pains grin

Go and offer your Oba ewuare $1000 to recant his shameful statement about descending from Ile-ife
Or he should treat himself to at least a $1,000 shopping if he finds eyewitness written historical accounts of his daddies such as:

Eweka 1, Uwakhwuahen, Ehenmihe, Ewedo, Oguola, Edoni, Udagbedo, Ohen, Egbeka, Orobiru, Uwaifokun, Ewuare 1, Esegie, and many others.

But if he fails to find any such eyewitness written historical account, then he may be consistent enough with his warped logic to conclude that his daddies are no more than fictional cartoons — aka. santa-cluases. grin

————————
Having said that archaeological evidence dating to centuries prior to the 1800s have already been adduced to establish the classical Ife-Benin relationship which consistently portrays Benin kingdom as the subject and Ife as the overlord.

See links below as already discussed in details on page two of this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/9#96323798

https://www.nairaland.com/6087424/benin-ife-myth-shouldnt-circulated#93803726

cc: Obalatule

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by samuk: 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2020
TAO11:
Or he should buy himself lunch if he can find eyewitness written historical accounts on his daddies such as:

Eweka 1, Uwakhwuahen, Ehenmihe, Ewedo, Oguola, Edoni, Udagbedo, Ohen, Egbeka, Orobiru, Uwaifolun, Ewuare 1, Esegie, and many others.

If he fails to provide such eyewitness written historical accounts of this personages, then we must trail his warped logic in concluding that his daddies are no more than fictional cartoons — aka. Santa-Cluases. grin

Having said that archaeological evidence dating to centuries prior to the 1800s have been adduced to establish the classical Ife-Benin relationship which consistently portrays Benin kingdom as a subject to the overlordship of Ife.

See links below as already discussed in details on page two of this thread.

grin grin grin

As expected. There is absolutely no basis to compare Benin historical achievements and accomplishments with Yoruba.

No more time to waste debating amala history with those without history.

Now that I have proved my point, I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
samuk:
[s] grin grin grin

As expected. There is absolutely no basis to compare Benin historical achievements and accomplishments with Yoruba.

No more time to waste debating amala history with those without history.

Now that I have proved my point, I rest my case[/s]
Just as there is absolutely no basis to prove that your above-listed daddies aren’t cartoons and santa-clauses.

See, one of your play-mates as attached is waiting on you to continue your usual sand play.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12647307_img20200916212710_jpeg67fd5262a10290889c45f9b351a68fba

I am clearly out of your league, and that has been multiply attested all over Nairaland. You’re trying too hard.

I’m here to debunk falsehoods and disgrace liars.

Cheers!

cc: Obalatule, gomojam, Balogunodua, babtoundey

2 Likes

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 9:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
gregyboy:

Nope that is one of her third dunce account

why are the Yoruba's that deceptive? always creating fake account everywhere to cause havoc online

or is this what Afonjalism bring?

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
TAO11:
The statement attributed to a certain Alaafin along the lines that Oyo-Ile paid tributes (during some reign before his) to Benin is at best a misrepresentation by the reporter and for the following reason:

(1) There isn’t a single account from the vast corpus of Oyo’s traditional oral literature (as well from its earliest written volume — circa.1700) which may be adduced to remotely substantiate such report.

Yet Oyo traditions admit in clear unequivocal terms that Oyo-Ile, in its early centuries, had to pay tributes to the now defunct kingdom of Owu-Ipole. Owu-Ipole for that matter. smiley

The same Oyo traditions admit in unambiguous terms that Oyo-Ile only managed to survive military attacks from the Bariba and the and the Nupe among other disasters clearly admitted in its traditions.

(2) The demographic nature of the Oyo-Ile kingdom (as a frontier settlement up north amidst Bariba and Nupe frontier settlements) supports and agrees with these statements admitted in its tradition.

However, the same report fails to gel (no matter how far we stretch our imagination) with the respective demographic settings of the Oyo-Ile and Benin kingdoms.

It simply makes zero geographical sense that Benin kingdom (which did not obtain tributes from all the kingdoms lying to its west between itself and Oyo-Ile) somehow managed to do so from distant Oyo-Ile.

(3) There isn’t a single account from the vast corpus of Benin’s traditional oral and written literature which may be adduced to even faintly support such report.

As may be expected, the Benin traditions (written or oral) certainly would not have missed the “golden opportunity” of incorporating such an event of imperial nature into its corpus had it ever occurred even slightly.

(4) Similar examples of such proven misrepresentations may be found in reports from Benin.

One interesting example of this is Roupell’s report of statements supposedly from Benin officials along the lines that Benin knew nothing about bronze casting prior to the Portuguese’s arrival in Africa.

This statement proves to be a misrepresentation (or at least an exaggeration of an actual statement) when the contrary vast and overwhelming indigenous accounts of Benin are considered.

Moreover, dating techniques also place some (at least one of Benin bronze that I’m aware of to a date prior to the Portuguese’s arrival in Africa — thus also proving that this report is a misrepresentation (or at least an exaggeration of actual local statement).

———————
In the light of the foregoing considerations which outrightly uncovers such reports as an exaggeration (or at least a misrepresentation ) by the reporter, what then appears to have been the actual context supported by multiple independent reports is as follows:

During the wake of Oyo’s civil crisis (towards the end of its imperialism), Oyo did a number of military outsourcing to swell the size of its army in preparation for decisive engagements against a very large Ilorin army which comprises majorly of Oyo Islamic converts, Fulanis, and fugitive Hausa slaves.

The traditions of Oyo are extremely clear about such military outsourcings where it speaks of military allies from the Bariba country, as well as a report from Clapperton of effort to also outsource the Benin army for the same purposes. These outsourcing efforts as may be expected would not have come free of charge on a plater of gold.

In fact, at the the time of Oyo’s imperial rule, we read in Archibald Dalzel’s “The History of Dahomey, (1793)” that Oyo sometimes pays its allies to punish provincial rebellions on its behalf by military action and economic embargo.

An example of its payments to its “Lagos” ally in order to punish Badegree may be found on page 183 of the above-referenced material.

The King of “Lagos”, acting on behalf of Oyo (but not without payments), prevented the Badagrees from receiving food supply from “Lagos” while also taking many Badagrees as captives for its own use.

In the light of this background, payment to its allies for military engagement appears clearly to be the only explanation for the misrepresentation of the report.

This explanation gels with the fact of Oyo’s civil troubles which was prior to 1911.

This explanation gels with the pre-1911 Clapperton’s report on Oyo’s interest in enlisting its Benin allies among other allies to quell a large provincial rebellion.

This explanation gels with the absolute silence of such statements from the vast corpus of both Benin traditions and Oyo traditions.

Lastly, this explanation gels with the demographic absurdity consequent from the report.

Cheers!

cc: Balogunodua, babtoundey, DenreleDave, SaintBeehot, gomojam, scholes0, nisai, LegendHero, Newton85, macof, barbilius

I keep on laughing at your writeup sometimes

if are ask a simple question now you will start bringing half scripted page that suit your argument even when the truth is obvious

keep on deceiving yourself Tao11

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2020
Etrusen:
[s]I keep on laughing at your writeup sometimes.
if are ask a simple question now you will start bringing half scripted page that suit your argument even when the truth is obvious. keep on deceiving yourself Tao11[/s]
Your playmates are waiting:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12647307_img20200916212710_jpeg67fd5262a10290889c45f9b351a68fba

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
Obalatule:
You are the definition of pain and insecurity, Bini is a Yoruba sub-tribe even your Oba acknowledged this publicly

Do you guys really need to always put yourselves through this painful trashing at the hands of the yorubas all the time? undecided

Oga the oba of Benin didn't acknowledge anything of sought without also talking about how oduduwa came from Benin

stop deceiving the public with your half story syndrome
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2020
TAO11:
Your playmates are waiting:

Cheers!

madam my problem with you is that love giving half story
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2020
Etrusen:
Oga the oba of Benin didn't acknowledge anything of sought without also talking about how oduduwa came from Benin

Stop deceiving the public with your half story syndrome
While historians accepted his narration in part, they debunked the part which says Oduduwa is from Benin.

They maintained that such particular aspect of his narration is a fraud that was made-up in the 1970s.

And they affirmed the classical and “official” Benin account which simply sates that the Benin monarchy was founded by the Ife-Yoruba subgroup.

Peace!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2020
TAO11:
While historians accepted his narration, they debunked the part which says Oduduwa is from Benin.

They maintained that such particular aspect of his narration is a fraud that was made-up in the 1970s.

And they affirmed the classical Benin account which simply sates that the Benin monarch was founded by the Ife-Yoruba subgroup.

Peace!

then where did oduduwa come from?
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
Etrusen:
then where did oduduwa come from?
See question!

Where did you come from?

2 Likes

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2020
TAO11:
See question!

Where did you come from?

this is exactly my problem with you

you claim oduduwa is not from Benin then I ask where he is from

rather you are asking question to answer your question

how ironic!!!

OK am sure he is from mecca
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Obalatule: 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2020
TAO11:
While historians accepted his narration in part, they debunked the part which says Oduduwa is from Benin.

And they affirmed the classical and “official” Benin account which simply sates that the Benin monarchy was founded by the Ife-Yoruba subgroup.

Peace!

Tao steady be schooling these Bini history frausters grin

Centuries had to pass before the 1970s when Bini Fraud-historians realised all of a sudden that Oduduwa came from bini grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 9:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
Obalatule:

Centuries had to pass before the 1970s when Bini Fraud-historians realised all of a sudden that Oduduwa came from bini grin cheesy

o boy no need to discuss with you
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Obalatule: 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
Etrusen:

o boy no need to discuss with you

Bini is a Yoruba sub-group

Change my mind sad

3 Likes

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
I can't even argue baseless assumptions with anybody on how somebody we come down with chain from heaven or how he ran a marathon race all the way from mecca ( history done given in order to suppress the question on why are Yoruba becoming Muslims even when it was not their original practice )

Benin is far older than ife in all ways if you like bring your half scripted page

I have online Benin work to do so please stay bless

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
Obalatule:
Bini is a Yoruba sub-group
Change my mind sad

you talk without any form of constructivity
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Obalatule: 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2020
Etrusen:

you talk without any form of constructivity
Construct me a reason why Bini is not a Yoruba sub-group.

I'm waiting

2 Likes

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 10:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
Obalatule:

Don’t mind these Bini fraudsters.

The inferiority complex-induced fraud didn’t begin today on Nairaland, it actually began in the year 1970 when a certain Omoregie had written such fraud in a typescript.

Other versions of the inferiority-complex induced fraud quickly followed from other fraudulent Binis in their newspaper publications — Sunday Observer in the 1970s.

And to seal it, their incoming Oba Erediauwa announced the fraud to the Bini public during his coronation of 1978-9.

The Background:
A certain Bini man by the name S. B. Omoregie had written in typescript (without any citation) that a certain Bini prince Ekaladerhan (who had been banished from “Benin” to Ughoton) later fled from Ughoton to become king in Ife.

He added that this fugitive prince after becoming king in Ife later went back to Benin (on the request of a delegation from Benin) to establish the Oba dynasty in Benin.

However, the original and ancient “Benin” story of Ekaladerhan which Omoregie (and other amateurs who followed in his step) attempted to twist had long been documented in writing by Mr Cyril Punch since the late 1800s. The writing was subsequently quoted and published by H. Ling Roth in 1903.

The original story has it that this prince Ekaladerhan was banished from Benin as a result of a scandal. He fled to Ughoton — a kingdom he founded and ruled.

He and his new people defeated the Benin men sent after him. Eventually however, “his independent sovereignty was allowed” on the condition that “he was never to return to Benin”.

Thus did the classical and original story of Ekaladerhan (which had been frozen into writing more than 70 years befor the first revision attempt) end at Ughoton.

Moreover, when Chief Egharevba came on board (from the 1930s) many years after Mr Cyril Pinch and H. Ling Roth, he also gathered the same story independently from the Binis — again ending at Ughoton.

But suddenly in the 1970s, some insecure Bini nincompoop tried to make us believe that Ekaladerhan resurrected from Ughoton burial ground and proceeded to Ife to become king Oduduwa or Oranmiyan.

And what’s more funny is that when these insecure fraudulent fellows were asked who their informants were (for their strange addition to the actual story), they simply scratched their heads and went silent.

cc: Balogunodua, babtoundey, DenreleDave, SaintBeehot, gomojam, scholes0, nisai, LegendHero, Newton85, macof, barbilius, Alba3, reallest, SaintBeehot

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
Etrusen:
[s]this is exactly my problem with you you claim oduduwa is not from Benin then I ask where he is from rather you are asking question to answer your question how ironic!!!OK am sure he is from mecca[/s]
Interesting!

Anyways, he is not from Mecca even if Sultan Bello (an Hausa-Fulani man) had said so.

Just the same way you're not a Chinese even if an Igbo man insists so.

To know where you’re from, I’d have to visit your town or village.

Similarly, to know where Oduduwa is from, you must head to his kingdom where he reigned — IFE.

And Ife traditional accounts has repeatedly maintained that he is a Yoruba man from Ife. Okay? smiley

———————
For further enquiries, in addition to already answering your question in full, you may visit the Obadio of Ife — the priest of Oduduwa.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12799386_856b67dfbae84f7387b6adfd85d9297e_jpeg_jpegf3210016fa4c66aca7215782224a3832

Oh, one last thing! Meccans have long had writing and documented history even centuries before the advent Islam.

Yet there is not a single trace of any exodus from Mecca in the direction of Africa, nor is there any account (oral or written) to corroborate Sultan Bello’s story.

Moreover, Arabs don’t name their children “Oduduwa” if that helps. grin

cc: Balogunodua, babtoundey, DenreleDave, SaintBeehot, gomojam, scholes0, nisai, LegendHero, Newton85, macof, barbilius, Alba3, reallest, SaintBeehot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 10:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
TAO11:
Interesting!

Anyways, he is not from Mecca even if an Sultan Bello (an Hausa-Fulani man) had said so.

Just the same way you're not a Chinese even if an Igbo man insists so.

To know where you’re from, I’d have to visit your town or village.

Similarly, to know where Oduduwa is from, you must head to his kingdom where he reigned — IFE.

And Ife traditional accounts has repeatedly maintained that he is a Yoruba man from Ife. Okay? smiley

———————
For further enquiries, in addition to already answering your question in full, you may visit the Obadio of Ife — the priest of Oduduwa.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12799386_856b67dfbae84f7387b6adfd85d9297e_jpeg_jpegf3210016fa4c66aca7215782224a3832

Oh, one last thing! Meccans have long had writing and documented history even centuries before the advent Islam.

Yet there is not a single trace of any exodus from Mecca in the direction of Africa, nor is there any account oral (or written) to corroborate Sultan Bello’s story.

Moreover, Arabs don’t name their children “Oduduwa” if that helps. grin

you didnt give the answer

again where is oduduwa from since you say he is no from Benin

i dont need the priest that is why I have you as an historian

or your knowledge is limited to that ?
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
Etrusen:
[s]you didnt give the answer
again where is oduduwa from since you say he is no from Benin
i dont need the priest that is why I have you as an historian
or your knowledge is limited to that ?[/s]
Read the comment you quoted again — but this time around with your eyes open.

Earlier on, I had talked about the possibility that you have what may be called the selective-seeing syndrome. Thank you for confirming that I was right. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by gregyboy(m): 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
TAO11:
The statement attributed to a certain Alaafin along the lines that Oyo-Ile paid tributes (during some reign before his) to Benin is at best a misrepresentation by the reporter and for the following reason:

(1) There isn’t a single account from the vast corpus of Oyo’s traditional oral literature (as well from its earliest written volume — circa.1700) which may be adduced to remotely substantiate such report.

Yet Oyo traditions admit in clear unequivocal terms that Oyo-Ile, in its early centuries, had to pay tributes to the now defunct kingdom of Owu-Ipole. Owu-Ipole for that matter. smiley

The same Oyo traditions admit in unambiguous terms that Oyo-Ile only managed to survive military attacks from the Bariba and the and the Nupe among other disasters clearly admitted in its traditions.

(2) The demographic nature of the Oyo-Ile kingdom (as a frontier settlement up north amidst Bariba and Nupe frontier settlements) supports and agrees with these statements admitted in its tradition.

However, the same report fails to gel (no matter how far we stretch our imagination) with the respective demographic settings of the Oyo-Ile and Benin kingdoms.

It simply makes zero geographical sense that Benin kingdom (which did not obtain tributes from all the kingdoms lying to its west between itself and Oyo-Ile) somehow managed to do so from distant Oyo-Ile.

(3) There isn’t a single account from the vast corpus of Benin’s traditional oral and written literature which may be adduced to even faintly support such report.

As may be expected, the Benin traditions (written or oral) certainly would not have missed the “golden opportunity” of incorporating such an event of imperial nature into its corpus had it ever occurred even slightly.

(4) Similar examples of such proven misrepresentations may be found in reports from Benin.

One interesting example of this is Roupell’s report of statements supposedly from Benin officials along the lines that Benin knew nothing about bronze casting prior to the Portuguese’s arrival in Africa.

This statement proves to be a misrepresentation (or at least an exaggeration of an actual statement) when the contrary vast and overwhelming indigenous accounts of Benin are considered.

Moreover, dating techniques also place some (at least one of Benin bronze that I’m aware of to a date prior to the Portuguese’s arrival in Africa — thus also proving that this report is a misrepresentation (or at least an exaggeration of actual local statement).

———————
In the light of the foregoing considerations which outrightly uncovers such reports as an exaggeration (or at least a misrepresentation ) by the reporter, what then appears to have been the actual context supported by multiple independent reports is as follows:

During the wake of Oyo’s civil crisis (towards the end of its imperialism), Oyo did a number of military outsourcing to swell the size of its army in preparation for decisive engagements against a very large Ilorin army which comprises majorly of Oyo Islamic converts, Fulanis, and fugitive Hausa slaves.

The traditions of Oyo are extremely clear about such military outsourcings where it speaks of military allies from the Bariba country, as well as a report from Clapperton of effort to also outsource the Benin army for the same purposes. These outsourcing efforts as may be expected would not have come free of charge on a plater of gold.

In fact, at the the time of Oyo’s imperial rule, we read in Archibald Dalzel’s “The History of Dahomey, (1793)” that Oyo sometimes pays its allies to punish provincial rebellions on its behalf by military action and economic embargo.

An example of its payments to its “Lagos” ally in order to punish Badegree may be found on page 183 of the above-referenced material.

The King of “Lagos”, acting on behalf of Oyo (but not without payments), prevented the Badagrees from receiving food supply from “Lagos” while also taking many Badagrees as captives for its own use.

In the light of this background, payment to its allies for military engagement appears clearly to be the only explanation for the misrepresentation of the report.

This explanation gels with the fact of Oyo’s civil troubles which was prior to 1911.

This explanation gels with the pre-1911 Clapperton’s report on Oyo’s interest in enlisting its Benin allies among other allies to quell a large provincial rebellion.

This explanation gels with the absolute silence of such statements from the vast corpus of both Benin traditions and Oyo traditions.

Lastly, this explanation gels with the demographic absurdity consequent from the report.

Cheers!

You're a waste, and an amazingly dull student
Imagine you were not in the usa your condition would have been more worst

All i saw in your write up was gel are you working for gel company grin sha na grammar you won speak

You tried to debunk it, but u couldn't so you resulted to rant, i will surely be using that writeup against you all, till you can fully address it

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by babtoundey(m): 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2020
samuk:

There is absolutely no basis to compare historical achievements of Benin to Yoruba.

Benin historical achievements and accomplishments are not in the same class with that of Yoruba.

If you think there is, we can start the debate and I will allow you to choose the timeline we will start from and all evidence from both of us will be based on eyewitness accounts of each period not some interpretations of events or artworks or text which can be disputed with other interpretation of the same events.

I suggest we start from the 1400s but if you think we can go earlier than this dates, you are welcome. Each kingdom, town or place have to be specifically named. Ife has to be Ife, Benin has to be Benin, Oyo has to be Oyo and Ijebu has to be Ijebu or something close enough that there will be no doubt that the text or name refers to such place.

No myths is allowed.

I will allow you to access historical materials of all Yoruba kingdoms in support of your arguments against Benin.

Other Yorubas are allowed to help you out.

Let the debate begin.

Please choose you timeline and present your Yoruba historical achievements for debate.

Bonus: I am ready to offer you $1000 if you are able to provide eyewitness written historical accounts of Benin/Ife relationship earlier than 1800s.

Please don't keep waiting for too long because I have other important things to do.

This one has started with his provide 1300 written evidence that the world existed.
The same thing he tried on the formal threads that Tao kicked him hard in the head is what he is trying here.

You think we are fools when all you will end up saying is "Benin is Sha great, Benin has Sha recorded many achievements, Benin Sha get plenty juju"

Nobody has time for roborebe. if you believe nothing proves the Benin-Ife relationship, prove it. We have seen the video of your Oba admitting Oranmiyan came from Ife to rule Benin. start by proving that wrong and stop the child play of "provide 11000 written account that a father was once a child"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 11:52pm On Dec 06, 2020
TAO11:
Read the comment you quoted again — but this time around with your eyes open.

Earlier on, I had talked about the possibility that you have what may be called the selective-seeing syndrome. Thank you for confirming that I was right. grin

yoruba man from ife by coming from the sky and landing in ife ?

give me a yoruba account that says oduduwa was born and raised in ife

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by gregyboy(m): 11:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
samuk:

No part of Ekiti was spared the agony of imperialist invasions…The rampaging Benin armies sacked Ogotun, Aramoko, some subordinate communities of Ijero, Ado communities such as Are, Afao, Ugbo (now Ilu) Omoba and Agbado and settled a large percentage of the haul of captives therefrom in Ikere, their garrison post.

Benin armies constantly waged wars of external aggressions on Ekitiland and other communities in different parts of old Ondo State in their quest for territorial expansion and control, among others. A good reference point is the Ado-Ikere relations that resulted to Benin pillage and attacks on Ado-Ekiti on several occasion. Olomola (1984:2-3) noted that Benin armies invaded parts of Ado kingdom a few times between 1500 and 1815.. Olomola further asserted that the Ewi actually devise a strategy of evacuating his capital city so that the Benin armies would not disturb the Ewi and the rest of his people in their new site.
Odo which was, before the Benin invasion a town of considerable size, broke up as the people sought the safety of rocky and forest recesses and Uyin and Igede lost part of their population in their fight against Benin in 1815.

The development of the Ado Kingdom was seriously affected by external invasion. These resulted in series of demographic upheavals with settlements constantly moved from one site to another. The most serious of these external invasions were by the "Edo" of Benin. They attacked and destroyed many settlements…in the Ado Kingdom… The Edos were invited by Ogoga, the third time the Edos were so invited to settle the quarrel between Ado and Ikere. The line of action they resolved to adopt was to bring all the villages under the ewi to Ikere, settle them there and in this way Ikere would be equal or even bigger than Ado. Ado would then be afraid of Ikere. The Benin soldiers came and sent words to the Ewi Aroloye… He refused to surrender. He did not in any way show that he was not ready for fight. Every town or village under him except Ijan were prepared to fight…

Every town or village under him (Ewi) except Ijan were prepared to fight… The Benin soldiers stormed Igbara-Odo and Ilawe and took them. At this time, Ado town had been vacated. Aroloye took the people to a place called Oke Oko Axis between Ifaki and Iworoko. Most of the gods Ado worshipped on that side: Olua at Eyio, Obanifon at Esure and Are, Ogbese and Orisala at Iworoko. The soldiers pitched their camps near Uyin (Iyin)…Ogbesi Okun, the then Oluyin …was conquered and killed. They proceeded to Igede, Awo and Esure and took them. The inhabitants of Igede then uder Okiribiti were driven in a north-easternly direction to a place called Oke Asha…Edo troops then marched to Iworoko…The soldiers entered Are…The same fate befell Afao. They were all taken to Ikere. The soldiers moved to Igbemo …entered Igbo-Omoba (now Ilu-Omoba)…The soldiers left Aisegba for Agbado and without delay took it and evacuated the people. Agbado was the last place under the Ewi. With the conquest, of Agbado, the soldiers seemed to have finished their job…’

Ewi Idagunmodo (1696-1710), Ewi Okinbaloye Aritawekun (1710-1722), Ewi Amono Ola (1722-1762), Ewi Afunbiowo (1762-1781), Ewi Akulojuorun (1781-1808), Ewi Aroloye (1808-1836) who reigned at Ado but were attacked successively by Benin hordes…‘During the reign of Ewi Aroloye, Ado-Ewi’s kingdom witnessed massive dislocation across the terrain as town dwellers and villagers ran for safety in different directions. Many of the captives from Iworoko, Are, Afao, Ugboomoba (now Ilumoba) and Agbado were taken to Ukere by Benin invaders’."

This one sweet me

My yoruba brother's while i was reading i forgot it waant a movie, i got lost in my imagination, i hope you all would be able to sleep well tonight

TAO11 aka amazing dullard
TAO12 Aka obsessed
Gomojam
Macof
Olu317
Obalufon
Balogunodua
Omolofin aka gaylord
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 11:54pm On Dec 06, 2020
babtoundey:
This one has started with his provide 1300 written evidence that the world existed.
The same thing he tried on the formal threads that Tao kicked him hard in the head is what he is trying here.

You think we are fools when all you will end up saying is "Benin is Sha great, Benin has Sha recorded many achievements, Benin Sha get plenty juju"

Nobody has time for roborebe. if you believe nothing proves the Benin-Ife relationship, prove it. We have seen the video of your Oba admitting Oranmiyan came from Ife to rule Benin. start by proving that wrong and stop the child play of "provide 11000 written account that a father was once a child"
For his dumb reply which I already anticipate, you may need this:

https://www.nairaland.com/6291440/benin-remain-center-west-africa/2#96801900 (Follow it through to the end).

AND this:

https://www.nairaland.com/6291440/benin-remain-center-west-africa/2#96802788 (Follow it through to the end).

In short, if you follow-up on each of my posts on this thread carefully, he has no dumb come-back for you that you won’t trash even while you’re snoring.

Like I noted earlier, these folks are very skilled with dishonesty. It’s an age-long thing for them.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Sa’ad Abubakar: Nigerian Masses In Difficult Times / About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re" / Rare Yoruba Gods / Orishaa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.