Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? (27681 Views)

Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by LastProphet: 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
ethicallyright:

Your metaphor "life is suffering" appears to be truism but the claim is not entirely true. Life is not suffering but more people suffer in life while lesser people do not suffer. Stoicism claims that the good life is a virtuous life not a happy life. This means that a life of hedonism can bring happiness even though it is not the good life. There are people who have never suffered from birth till death and thus have never suffered in life.

The gulf princesses are examples.
They still suffer, many die of illnesses, Steve jobbs died painfully over months due to cancer with billions in his account. Maryam babangida touched billions for decades but still died painfully of cancer. Go and read about the affluent passengers of airfrance flight 447 from Rio to Paris that crashed in the Atlantic, you will weep. Read about Aaliyah the pop star, or the sudden and tragic end of Bruce Lee, and even his son Brandon. Yes life is pain, visit the mortuary occasionally to put you in proper perspective. Children and marriage are good but to see them as your destiny is only something I expect from Africans

3 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by tunapawizzy: 11:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
DonTattaglia:

Very lame mentality..
it is not lame sir/ma. please how do you define a family. It doesnt matter what we have been made to believe. It doesnt matter if we are married or aspire to get married, the truth remains the truth, marriage is not what defines a family. Adequate Finances n maturity are ingredients needed to start a family, not marriage.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by tunapawizzy: 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
witworth:
Yes for the children, No for the marriage.
This is it for me too but even at that it is still not universal...others will have their view of family achievement carved out differently and it will still not be a wrong view...like the poster above u said, achievement is subjective

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by VenumX: 11:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
It's a good thing but not an achievement. If e dey scratch you to marry and born, go ahead. Just don't produce inventless f@ggot beasts like this animal below.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Reeberry: 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
hashtagged:

Do you know what liabilities are? Of course you do so you are also a liability to your parents no matter how sweet you try to paint it so fvck off
I am not, if you are a liability. Idiocy.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by useed(m): 12:00am On Dec 04, 2020
pansophist:
If you choose to marry, you will suffer. If you decide not to marry, you will also suffer. You cannot escape from suffering, you should choose a suffering that is worth it. And when it comes to choosing one, choose what is meaningful, not what is expedient.

To marry and bear forth children is a meaningful thing. It is how you contribute to the future and the continuity of humanity, and raising good kids is how you contribute in making society great again. Your parents, grandparents and all your ancestors that makes up the "you" all paid this price, the question now is, will you do the same ? If you decide not to marry, at least be as great as Albert Einstein, Elon Musk or Steve Jobs.

Just contribute to humanity in your own little way. Then that is a meaningful, and a well-lived life. All the great men without children such as Nikola Tesla all left a big remark on the planet and they will never be forgotten, meanwhile, the ordinary people are ancestors to the present generation, you just have to contribute to the growth of humanity, either by blood or by inventions, not otherwise.

Nihilism, vanity and hedonism is expedient, its temporarily fun but its not virtuous, and when one have no virtue, they suffer. Yes, humans are sick when they live without virtue. Every civilisation, species and religion that supports marriage and procreation can not be all wrong. Its not something you just decide because you feel, but because it is the right thing.

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Natoski5(m): 12:01am On Dec 04, 2020
gunners160:
Marriage is an achievement to a Lady and to most men a liability. Whenever a man should propose to a lady, the first thing you see is she is crying or shouting out of excitement. She starts flaunting and making paparazzi out of the engagement ring because she has seen some one who has helped her in accomplishing a goal. Just like the feeling of building a house

in addition to this,marriage to a woman is like a childhood fantasy come true. Ever since she was little, she has been made to belief she is a Queen and special so there is a Mr Knight somewhere who will one day marry her and fulfill all her fantasy.
A man looks for financial independence before getting married but a woman crave for good shape and a good dress sense before getting married. She knows all what she needs is a man who can shoulder her responsibilities. that is why men get married late while women get married so early. You hear words like " i need a rich man even though he is ugly"

Also, marriage to a woman is a respect on its own. She is given respect both in and outside her home. At church she is called madam, at work she is called a Mrs and at the society she is called a mother

Finally marriage can be an achievement and also a liability depending who u end up with. they either destroy you or makedo
Well said sir
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by pansophist(m): 12:09am On Dec 04, 2020
useed:

Seems you are a fan of Jordan Peterson or you follow him...I can see his thought in this piece.... Beautiful bro

Please reply, I will love to hear from you

''Choose what is meaningful, not what is expedient''

The above quote was the giveaway, I know I used it in verbatim, exactly how Jordan phrased it grin

Yes, I am a fan of him. I got that quote from his book ''12 rules for life, an antidote to chaos''. He is a great man. Our modern Socrates.

My regards.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by VenumX: 12:11am On Dec 04, 2020
simplesearch:
@ [s]op you are evidence of the importance of marriage and fruitfulness. If linda ikeji could go any length to experience the joy of motherhood and still looking for a man to settle with and call her own, same goes for chimamanda and even Hillary Clinton who against glaring evidence of extramarital affair decide to forgive and stick with his husband. They all believed in the institution of marriage and will never trade it for anything or you think if it's not an achievement Linda will still be looking for an husband? People promoting that idea are actually frustrated with their lack of it, but refuse to be sincere with the public like Linda. If God said it's not good to be alone, and that children are his heritage and the fruit of the womb a reward. Infact aside obeying God the most important command giving to man in the garden of Eden is to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it.[/s]
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by useed(m): 12:14am On Dec 04, 2020
pansophist:

The above quote was the giveaway, I know I used it in verbatim, exactly how Jordan phrased it grin

Yes, I am a fan of him. I got that quote from his book ''12 rules for life, an antidote to chaos''. He is a great man. Our modern Socrates.

My regards.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by useed(m): 12:15am On Dec 04, 2020
pansophist:

My regards.

Sent you a Nairaland mail....I hope you get it
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Hayfield26: 12:21am On Dec 04, 2020
internationalman:

That's how rotten the system has gotten.
And it's mainly because relationships nowadays set of on a foundation of sex..

When you are dating the right girl you hardly get tired of her let alone marriage..

You see that my babe I never get tired of her...

In fact the more I see her the stronger my hunger for her gets..

Na karnival bro!
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Cousin9999: 12:42am On Dec 04, 2020
Finding your life partner, marrying, and happily having/raising children together is an achievement.

Find your life partner, but never marrying or having children is also an achievement if you're both happy.

Being a bachelor/bachelorette for life and never having kids, but being happy is an achievement.

Having and/or raising children without a life partner and being happy is an achievement.

Having a life partner you never marry, raising children together, and being happy is an achievement.

Marriage and kids isn't for everyone, and many people live great lives without doing both. Achievement comes from living well. It's about joy. It's not about a generic standard imposed by others. It's about living with passion, love, and purpose.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Gerrard59(m): 12:50am On Dec 04, 2020
thesicilian:

Of course, but that's not an achievement, considering the fact that even a madman can impregnate a madwoman.

Here is the answer everyone. EOD!

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Lovelyn451(f): 12:51am On Dec 04, 2020
thesicilian:
For some women, yes.
One doesn't need any special credentials to be able to marry or have children. The true achievement comes from being able to raise up godly children
women ke? so u don't want to have a lineage? and who would want to raise ungodly children?

its a very big achievement!!
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Omoluabi16(m): 1:09am On Dec 04, 2020
Very big achievement. It's a milestone. Don't let people with MB behind a screen fool you with woke talk. They will try to downplay these things, but deep down they also desire it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Dijita: 1:28am On Dec 04, 2020
gunners160:
are u married? No. so chilax.
in every marriage dhr is always the fantasy stage, excitement stage, decline stage and Restoration stage. Don't conclude yet , you never start. It takes couple with a will to pass and conquer these stages not just by typing

That is what makes it an achievement. if you make money and can't maintain it, it is called failure. Your ability to maintain your marriage and raise your children appropriately is an achievement. There is no success or achievement that is static. Getting married is an achievement, having kid is an achievement. The same way passing your WAEC, college admission, graduation from college, getting a new job. It is in stages. The fact that people failed out of college does not mean getting admitted is not an achievement. The fact that people graduate and does not have a job does not mean graduation is not an achievement. Each Achievement in life is a means to an end . it is not an end in itself.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Judybash93(m): 1:34am On Dec 04, 2020
internationalman:
After achieving everything in the world without a family, then you would know that kids are the biggest achievement of all...

Even though I'm scared of marriage but the feeling I get when my babe is sleeping over is enriching. I sometimes wonder how it would feel when this sleeping over happens everyday...
Your eyes go soon open
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Judybash93(m): 1:37am On Dec 04, 2020
mariahAngel:

Everything depends on how many marriages you've wrecked with your tactlessness

Oh my chisos

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Judybash93(m): 1:37am On Dec 04, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Marriage is one out of many achievements one can attain in this life.

How?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Judybash93(m): 1:38am On Dec 04, 2020
lexy2014:

Does that mean marriage & having kids aren't achievements?

Define achievement please
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Judybash93(m): 1:40am On Dec 04, 2020
Cityqueengirl:
Even being able to drink water in a day is an achievement. Whatever you do is an achievement so far it makes you fulfilled

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Judybash93(m): 1:48am On Dec 04, 2020
DexterousOne:

I disagree

Some of the greatest men ever, who changed the course of humanity FOREVER were childless and without family

Galileo Galilei, Isaac Newton, Leonardo da Vinci, Adolf Hitler (not until the day of his death) and many more
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by EmperorTolson: 1:54am On Dec 04, 2020
Zeedarh:
Honestly, its an individual thing.
For some people, its an achievement. Some don't care.
What about you? Do you care?
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by DaddyGngeess(m): 1:55am On Dec 04, 2020
For me, is a very big achievement, without this things life has no meaning...
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by frozen70(f): 2:23am On Dec 04, 2020
BadRadio:
Some live to harness themselves for it.

Some would set no other goal & do nothing else but look forward to the excitement of being married.

For a man or a woman, Is marriage and having kids an achievement?

When a man or a woman decides by choice not to have kids or get married, does it in anyway affect them?

What are the core importance of being married or getting married.

Is having children paramount in marriage?

To me, one of the benefits of having children is because of old age and caring at that time

Yes, it's an achievement to compliment who you are

If you can't birth, don't give up go and adopt
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Gerrard59(m): 2:51am On Dec 04, 2020
chinedumoooo:
If marriage is not achievement, what do we call achievement........
Is it going to club with chicks?
Is it having a cars?
Is it acquiring different certificates?
I was forced within to comment because this topic is completely senseless.

Achievement is subjective, what you consider an achievement might be meaningless to the next person and vice versa. Also, what constitutes as "achievements" differs across age groups and changes as people grow old.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by mmsen: 3:07am On Dec 04, 2020
hashtagged:
No they are not achievements they are liabilities

Truer words have never been said on this forum.
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by pacespot(m): 3:42am On Dec 04, 2020
Kestolove:
To us it is, but for some of dem ladies dat have crossed 30 ND know husband dey console demsefs by saying it's not an achievement, watch dem cum attack me now

Console themselves, are you fvcking kidding me. If I hear you correctly, you are the one trying to console yourself by calling marriage and bearing kids achievements because you don't have any other thing to tag on to as an achievement.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by pacespot(m): 3:49am On Dec 04, 2020
internationalman:

Marriage just as every other thing in life don't come easy..But the unwavering strength to keep going despite the whatever is what pronounce you a man..

Marriage does not make you a man unless you can take care of your family
Re: Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? by Vulcan24(m): 3:53am On Dec 04, 2020
Davido Wizkid ned ....! O ga o!

How can somebody said these ones have family
Our orientation has been bastardized by deviants

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Tribute To Freeman David / When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? / Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.