Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon (20509 Views)

Just In: Buhari Agrees To Release Namdi Kanu On This Sets Of Conditions / Ohanaeze, Afenifere, NCF Ask Buhari To Honour Reps’ Summons / We Why Failed To Honour Reps Summon Last Friday - Defence Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Yenefer(f): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
By Bolaji Ogundele, Abuja
President Muhammadu Buhari has agreed to face the House of Representatives to address the country on recent security crisis bugging the nation.

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, disclosed this to State House Correspondents after a meeting with President Buhari in his office at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja, Wednesday evening.

It would be recalled that the House of Representatives, on Tuesday, passed a resolution, inviting the President to the chambers of the House to answer questions over the security situation in the country.

The summon on the President was a reaction to the unabated activities of terrorists and bandits in different parts of the country, especially in the north, and the killing of tens of rice farmers in Zabarmari community, Borno State, over the weekend.

Read Also: Reps resolve to invite president after rowdy session
Although the agreed date was not disclosed, Gbajabiamila said the President would honour the summon and provide required enlightenment on security developments across the country.

“We came here to see the President, he was ever so willing to listen as typical of Mr. President the usual democrat that he is. And what we basically sought was to convey the resolution of the House and to fix a date, which we did not fix out of respect for Mr. President, and his very tight schedule when a date will be convenient, we have agreed on a date he will meet with the House to address the situation.

“We will communicate the date to you, he is a perfect democrat and he will come to the House to address members and it will be in the nearest future.

“He is coming to talk to Nigerians through the House. You know the House as we have it, as it is constituted, all of Nigeria is present in the House, every single constituency in this country is represented in the House. You shouldn’t look at it as Mr. President talking to the House, he is talking to Nigerians through their representatives,” he said.

Asked how he perceived the President might be reacting to the security situation in the country, Gbajabiamila said “I think he is more concerned than me or you, that’s what I can say. You know they say uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, we will leave everything until when he comes to the House, let me not preempt him, but all I can tell you right now is that he is fully committed to the security, the welfare, lives and property of Nigerians.”

It would be recalled that the Senate, on Tuesday, also passed a resolution, which among other things, called on the President to sack all service chiefs, noting that the administration has failed to secure lives of Nigerians.
https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-insecurity-buhari-agrees-to-honour-reps-summon/amp/#click=https:///X6rcqALQVp

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Simplehuman: 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
I so wish this will come to pass. Let's see how it goes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Saao(m): 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Simplehuman:
I so wish this will come to pass. Let's see how it goes.
lol what different would it make? He will come and read from paper

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by omenka(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2020
We look forward to it.

Even though I have serious doubts and can hardly see how that would translate into any tangible difference in terms of what currently face economically insecurity wise.

I'm sure even the Reps themselves would only cheer him from the begining to the end of his presentation.

So, I ask, what the heck is the point?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by kiwi007: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
Let the preparation of the president's appearance Begin

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by seunmsg(m): 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
Great! Apart from addressing the house, he should also be interrogated by lawmakers. He must answer all the questions that have been bothering the minds of Nigerians as it relates to insecurity and why he is so reluctant to remove the service chiefs and rejig the strategy being employed in the war on terrorism.

We want to see a very serious, honest and frank engagement and not the usual clapping and cheering session.

33 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by ODJ124(m): 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
A welcome Development....

bubu is a democrat....

Thread..seen..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by yeyeboi(m): 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pk
Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by NwaNimo1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
Yes....another live recording loading!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by abragr8: 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hjmm
Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by chloride6: 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
Closed door session loading

12 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Officialhorlah(m): 7:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
Editing beginsgrin

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by NaijaCr7: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
I hope it won't be a zoom thing, for the past 2years I never see picture of the president commissioning anything.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by 4tomandchi: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
APC bastards any democracy without opposition is not a democracy the Saraki lead opposition made Nigeria better.

Everything will be doctored all questions given to him and he will choose the ones wants to answer and send back to them.

Any question that will reveal his weakness and inability to rule will not be entertained and anyone tries to prove that he is indeed Jubril from Sudan will also be shut down.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by faithfull18(f): 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Whatever.
Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Gabson006: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Very good
Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Commotfornigeri: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
With revised questions

7 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Summon my foot?
They all know what they're doing
It's going to die down

Wahala for who still get hope for Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by lindareep: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Nkan shey Buhari....

if you chat me up now, I will deliver enlargement gel to your preferred address in Lagos.
The gel was 6k but now 5K!
Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by UncleHaba22: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Just imagine

Make dem just sell the country share the money make everybody find his\her way

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Luckydubby7(m): 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hope he buhari is not reading from paper this time.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by jojofola: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
He should resign.

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Lanretoye(m): 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
which tight schedule is more than issues of national security,they have agreed on a date but they cant disclose...one day thunder will just provoke by its self and strike all these people.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Yenefer:

By Bolaji Ogundele, Abuja

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-insecurity-buhari-agrees-to-honour-reps-summon/amp/#click=https:///X6rcqALQVp

Good they should question him on how many dead bodies we should have before they change service chiefs. Why he has not sent all this people to stay in Sambisa starting with all his aides that come online to post nonsense. Why he hasn’t changed Emefiele. What his stance is on non-performance and how long a person must be a failure before they are removed and a more capable person put to do government work. What criteria they use for screening candidates for posts as no federal character is being reflected.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Yeeyo: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Normal expectation, from buhari to be talking out of point rubbish in other word.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by tolexy007(m): 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
grin he will soon deny Accepting thier invitation..... just wait for it

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
Going there to take pictures... Make the pic sha fine

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by Mayng01(m): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
In the nearest future? Maybe by late 2022!!!
Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by LandMann: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
Dem go beg am make e show up make e no fall their hands. Probably went with the questions to be asked too so baba can prepare ahead.

We will see if it will be a closed door session or edited broadcast.

Useless politicians with no idea on how to move the country forward except their pockets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Buhari Agrees To Honour Reps Summon by sonnie10: 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Lets be clear here

The Presidency is different from the President

Who of the two is actually honoring the invitation?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Problems Caused By The Elite, Country Is Broke – Amaechi / Nigerians Go To Court Over Every Little Disagreement - Justice Ariwoola / PDP G-5 Govs Return To Rivers After UK Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.