Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors (12995 Views)

New Band A Tariff: NERC Orders Automatic Downgrade After 7 Days Non-Performance / NERC Orders Suspension Of Electricity Tariff Hike For 14 Days / We Are No Longer Responsible For Electricity Meters - Discos Tell Consumers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by Loveknitting: 9:59am On Dec 03, 2020
sinistermind:
Of course. These are heavy consumers of electricity or perpetual energy wasters that they know they pay lesser than what they consume.

Guy, the new meter goes like tap water, those who allow the change of they're meter are regreting it, it's not a matter of being a heavy user.
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by goldfish27(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2020
All this talk na wash. Abeg where the meter i want am sharp sharp........
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by Zino1011(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2020
deking:

What are the power ratings of your devices.

10 units in 2 hours is too much naa. That should last a day at least
the bad side is I have to wait for 3 weeks before I can recharge.
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by salvation77177: 10:22am On Dec 03, 2020
I do not believe this story. Where are the meters?
In Port Harcourt, I only heard it on the news that meters are being distributed but yet to see one with my eyes. Meter that I have looking for and can't get.
Nigerians and propaganda!
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by Anayxz(m): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2020
Disco, NERC, TCN three acronyms still will still dey battle to get stable power supply na so other countries wey get stable electricity dey get plenty name ni
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by simplesearch: 10:59am On Dec 03, 2020
What an interesting times we are in. People were practically begging, bribing, doing all sort of things to have this same pre-paid meter sometimes ago with no headway, as Nepa made having one look like an impassable hurdle. With the now exorbitant hike in electricity tariff especially at a time when the economy have gone comatose, it is practically impossible for people to want any deep cut in their income from a service whose regularity or supply can hardly be assured. Initially if you are economical with usage 3k should be enough for a household per month but with the current charges you might have to cough out close to 10k per month or more, reason no one will be enthusiastic about the collection, except with the use of force. This is one of the many Policy somersault for which we should guide against, same way the cashless policy implementation was put on hold or defeated. When you encourage people to go cashless but still charge them more than people making cash transaction.

2 Likes

Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by authority2006(m): 11:31am On Dec 03, 2020
OOzz:
Foolish NERC. Instead of them to mandate customers not to pay to Discos if they don't provide them with meters..they are doing the opposite.

Who in their right senses (other than maybe factories, hotels) rejects meters?

You would be shocked if you discover what residents are doing to their prepaid meters!

2 Likes

Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by 1stNumeroUno: 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
Okay, those wey don pay for meter well over 2/3 months nko?
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by otokx(m): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
salvation77177:
I do not believe this story. Where are the meters?
In Port Harcourt, I only heard it on the news that meters are being distributed but yet to see one with my eyes. Meter that I have looking for and can't get.
Nigerians and propaganda!

They shared enough meters in my area of Port Harcourt.
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by ndigbo: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
clementjava:

A COMPLETE LIE. WHAT IS THE PERCENTAGE OF 6 MILLION METERS TO YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT LACK METERS?. KINDLY SHOW US THE LIST OF CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE ALREADY APPLIED FOR PREPAID METERS THAT HAS NOT BE GIVEN, BEFORE YOU CAN TALK THIS SHIT.

BUNCH OF SCAMMERS

People that are selling meters to the public.
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by emimore: 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
Which customer? When the Discos seem not to want to give us the meters fed govt gave them to share. NERC is just talking, they know that these guys are not sharing any material.
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by otokx(m): 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
authority2006:

You would be shocked if you discover what residents are doing to their prepaid meters!

Story for another day
Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by frozen70(f): 2:15am On Dec 04, 2020
iamyemiakins:
So, there are people against meter usage.

This county no just balance at all

Most of them uses hot pot, air-conditions,with other higher elements and leave their lights on 24/7

1 Like

Re: Disconnect Customers Rejecting Meters, NERC Orders DISCOs Distributors by Bbdealer(m): 6:00am On Dec 04, 2020
After giving estimates of over 100k then you expect us to pay for that and also buy customized wire of over 28k for one connection. God will deliver all of you to the promise land without notice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu: Move To Amend VAT Law To Favour FG Will Fail / Pictures From PDP State Congress In Borno / Ogun Tribunal Admits Jail Record, Police Report As Evidence Against Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.