Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ (19371 Views)

Peter Mbah, Police, Others Flee During Certificate Of Return Presentation / Timi Frank Warns Against Harassment Of Citizens By Military, Police, Others / Borno Donates 70 Patrol Vehicles To ‎Army, Police, Others, To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by somehow: 11:18am On Dec 03, 2020
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/insecurity-1bn-underway-for-army-police-others-from-qatar

I hope the $1bn is not in cash but in weapons cos I don't trust ANY Nigerian!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by homealone00: 11:18am On Dec 03, 2020
Yenefer:
Maga don pay shocked They will thief the money.

In as much as I like it, it will be nice if they convert it to equipment, I mean weaponry
them go still sell the weapons.. wisdom don kill us for naija grin grin

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Karlifate: 11:19am On Dec 03, 2020
anochuko01:
Something was downloaded to my phone as I opened this thread. Seun, I no wan hear story ooo angry angry angry

Na boko haram monitoring software be dat o.

Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by slowice(m): 11:19am On Dec 03, 2020
This people are just reckless.... This administration ve earn so much and borrowed so much but not much to show for it all except of course mounting debts across boundaries. People are looting us dry through various schemes. I'm not against borrowing but it should be put into what it was borrowed for so we can see the dividend of what we paying for. They ve borrowed and invested in the military over 1b dollars but we re yet to see the impact rather insecurity is worsening.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Chirowman(m): 11:21am On Dec 03, 2020
Cash out
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Princedapace(m): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2020
I must leave Nigeria.. cant pay for all these useless loans that will end up in the pockets of northern elites. Never!
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by 2LESS(m): 11:24am On Dec 03, 2020
topcatking:
From World bank to China to Brazil ànD now Qatar.

The new term is "seeking funds" not "borrowing". (most part will end up as loot, terror funds & ransom)

When payback is due, indentured servitude will be an understatement for the average Nigerian.

I think it's time for me to leave.

My guy that is how they baptized Boko Haram to Bandits

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by mvem(m): 11:25am On Dec 03, 2020
Ottyn01:
That's how they will on borrowing borrowing still they sell nigeria nd we are nt aware..Money dat will loot,

BuhariOUT
I don't think it is a loan
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Rugaria: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2020
Qatar opposes the UAE and Saudi Arabia in regional conflicts! Though Qatar has an American military base, Qatar is the only Arab country that chills with Iran and Turkey! Turkey doesn't see eye to eye with Saudi Arabia! Iran wants to annihilate the Saudis! The Saudis are always heavily blamed for funding the madrassas (,in Nigeria, the almajiri education system) that produces the millions of violent radicalized students that end up in all sorts of sunni-wahabbi wars in different parts of the world as alqaeda,a Boko Haram, alshabab etc... Dot your i and cross your Ts...

Because of the stoopid mismanagement of Nigerias politics/defence/economy over the years by the likes of Buhari, smaller oil producing states are about to turn Nigeria into a battle ground to flex their fledging diplomatic muscles..
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by cooljuman: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2020
This government is practically selling of this country. By 2023, there'll be no Nigeria.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by donb06: 11:26am On Dec 03, 2020
helinues:
grin grin

That's the game plan..

Budgeting more money for security which will be diverted by the service Thief's
This my Yoruba friend your Igbo brother dey hail you from here ooo... Iyawo nko??
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Mozino007(m): 11:26am On Dec 03, 2020
Hmnn,#Dasukigate2
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Resees: 11:27am On Dec 03, 2020
Ottyn01:
That's how they will on borrowing borrowing still they sell nigeria nd we are nt aware..Money dat will loot,

BuhariOUT
Nah Buhari IN
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by ofuonyebi: 11:27am On Dec 03, 2020
THIS NEWS DOES NOT REALLY MAKE A GOOD HEALINE TO THE WISE IN NIGERIA
WHAT OF THE $2.1 BILLION DOLLARS BORROWED FROM U.S DURING JONATHAN ERA?
WAS IT NOT SHARED ON DASUKI'S TABLE? OR THEY THINK WE HAVE ALL FORGOTTEN?
WAS IT NOT MEANT FOR THE MILITARY TO BUY THE SAME WEAPON?
WE KEEP GOING FORWARD & BACKWARD LIKE THE GENERATION OF THE CRABS!
BECAUSE THE LEADERS SERVICE CORRUPTION AND CORRUPTION IS NOW KILLING NIGERIANS EVERYDAY
THIS $1 BILLION DOLLAR FROM QUATAR SHOULD HAVE BEING ENOUGH TO SERVICE OUR DEAD EDUCATION..QED

IF YOU BELIEVE.... LIKE..
IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN THE TRUISM...SHARE
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by TruthinAction: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2020
Yenefer:

In as much as I like it, it will be nice if they convert it to equipment, I mean weaponry

I agree with you. If the money is sent in cash, over 90% will disappear into private pockets. Let them send the equipment and they should be transparent. The list should be given and it should be closely monitored.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by gambia(m): 11:29am On Dec 03, 2020
Tonalphs:
Qatar govt please buy the weapons with your hands and single handedly deliver it to the respective soldiers in Bornu. thank you in advance from a very concerned citizen.

Lol......Your comment got me laughing.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by caprini1: 11:32am On Dec 03, 2020
Eriggs:
They should utilize this judiciously.
They should not do like PDP, the party that shared money meant to kill Boko haram among themselves and left Nigeria in ruins and destruction.
For over 5 years now,APC is not looting the funds for fighting the insurgents.The big question is,has the terrorists stopped or reduced their murderous acts?
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by SenecaTheYonger: 11:34am On Dec 03, 2020
This is why insecurity will never end, there's just too much money to be made from it.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by rafcrown(m): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2020
Awoof.Looting galore.Insecurity and Corruption go together like rice and beans,tea and bread.
Yenefer:

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by kayjay69(m): 11:36am On Dec 03, 2020
You guys are focused on the borrowing aspect yet what worries me even more is that some within the Qatari government are known for supporting a particular religious fundamentalism.

Let me point out the obvious to it is clear to all reading, a particular ethnic tribe within Nigeria dominates the Nigerian Military. This particular tribe also coincidentally dominates all aspects of the Federal Government and its agencies. Some persons within this same tribe are also known to be in support of very radical form of religious extremism and also want to takeover Nigeria by populating it.

I hate to sound like an ethnic champion but the truth is the truth, if we become dependent on Qatar for military aid, then I think it is high time I started packing my bags and leaving the shores of Nigeria. It is clear that the Qataris will not dictate the use of our military, and it will surely be in furtherance of their aim. Qataris have never hidden the fact that they are an islamic nation.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by rafcrown(m): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2020
Come 2023 or 2027 you will see them seeking political posts using looted funds .
Five them the equipment, not MONEY.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Vulcan24(m): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2020
Western and European nations won't give u money cos u are chronic lootrs and human right abusers

Continue trading with terrorist
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by simplesearch: 11:38am On Dec 03, 2020
Give a man who is not ready to succeed all the tools required for success and still watch him fail. Boko haram is a high end commercial ventures with bloody racketeers and profiteers unwilling to let go. With the current situation of things if you like get $10b loan or grant and invest all into the fight nothing will happen as long as the stakeholders who are unwilling to loose their investment are allow to call the shot. If we are serious about ending this insurgency, first thing to do is change the COAS with a southerner. After this let majority of those prosecuting the war be drafted almost solely from the southern part as well, then give them just N10b and watch boko haram destroyed within 3-weeks and permanently. How can you prosecute a large scale war against a formidable terrorist group like BH with people sympathetic to their cause who also serve as their informant, and expect to win.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Tonalphs(f): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2020
gambia:

Lol......Your comment got me laughing.
sir, you won't understand until you have someone in Bornu. thank you sir. lol
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by femifemi1(m): 11:46am On Dec 03, 2020
Yenefer:

They will still thief weaponry join. Our problem is nor insurgency but Corruption
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by lamentor78(m): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2020
Is debt that will finally sink Nigeria
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by omenka(m): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2020
Yenefer:

This is exactly the reason those people at the top of the military food chain would rather the terrorists are never vanquished.

Terrorism is a lucrative business enterprise to these people. Pays more than oil and gas!
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by kunle75(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yenefer:

Me too i for like them to send weapons than money but guess what, they're the same people that will sell those to BH boys to kill our army.

Round-tripping things.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Zakarisammy(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
Another Avenue for looting
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Eriggs:
They should utilize this judiciously.
They should not do like PDP, the party that shared money meant to kill Boko haram among themselves and left Nigeria in ruins and destruction.

Five years into APC, with countless loans and nothing to show for it... this is not working. Try another method.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by CodeTemplar: 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
Same mistake GEJ made. He increased defence allocation and the service chiefs haven't looked back since. I hope God open the eyes of our leaders on time. The money aspect of BH fight is fueling it also.
Re: Insecurity: ‘$1bn Underway For Army, Police, Others From Qatar’ by Codes151(m): 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
Another big error

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vanguard Editor, Adekunle Aliyu, Released By The Police! / Clash Averted Between Hausa, Yoruba In Ile-ife / APC Founding Fathers Watching From The Opposition, Sidelined In Ruling Party (pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.