Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts (54130 Views)

Peter Okoye: Mr P Performs At Dallaji And Oshoala Sports Event / Osaze Odemwingie: Amara, Kanu Nwankwo's Wife Chasing Me In My DM / Osaze Odemwingie Becomes A Professional Golf Player After Quitting Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by DebbieBianca(f): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2020
Peter Okoye and Osaze Odemwingie make peace after the footballer made a video apologizing to the singer while explaining why he condemned his betting business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrJMVXnJF_I
Singer Peter Okoye aka Mr. P and retired footballer, Osaze Odemwingie, have made peace after the latter apologized to the former for calling him out online as he explained his reasons for doing so.

On Tuesday, December 1, Osaze took to his Instagram page to call out Peter for running a betting company and also for sharing a video of people dancing while breaking bottles on their heads to celebrate the yuletide season.

Peter saw the post, attacked Osaze, and called on Nigerians to pray for him.

Reacting to Peter's post, Osaze shared a video of himself explaining why he called Peter out and what he thinks is wrong with the singer's betting business and the video he shares of people dancing

In his words:

I didn't mean no offense, to be honest. As you offered to pray for me feeling like things aren't right with me, I thought I will do the favor back because what you sow is what you reap. You pray for me and I pray for you.

When I watched your video about the guy that took his mum's last N500 to gamble, what you are doing is that you are encouraging gambling. Some people win, some people loose. So he went into tears saying his mother is ill, she has cancer, she is on chemotherapy and you asked him why was he crying and he said because he took his mum's last N500 to buy a ticket. Luckily he won but I believe there are some guys who didn't win on that day and possibly took their dad's or mum's or friend's last money feeling like they would win because gambling is an addiction.

In that situation, I am not condemning your business completely but in that situation, I think what you should have said to him was that he is lucky today but he shouldn't do that again because if he didn't win, that means they might not have a meal that day or the next day and that is stealing because you have to ask your mother to take her last money to go gamble. I believe some people borrow money to do these things and when they are in debt, they end up getting arrested, they get beaten up and all that.

So that was my worry really. If he took his mum's last N500, you should have rebuked him as a brother. Most of my friends are footballers. They all are into gambling but it is a big issue here. People commit suicide because of gambling. It is an addiction. I am not condemning people that are doing it but if you can control it, that is another thing''
On Peter's dance challenge, he said

''When I saw the video you put out encouraging people as they break bottles on their head and dancing, I asked you if these were your sons, will you encourage them to do that? So this is how our Christmas should be in Nigeria now? Guys breaking bottles on their heads and dancing like crazy. I am just saying my opinion. I don't think it is right. Maybe once a year you want to go mad, maybe you go to somewhere and do that but not to bring that kind of thinking into Christmas because it is family time, a nice time.

So apologies if I offended you in anyway''

Peter Okoye accepted his apologies and took to his instastories to make it known. See his post below

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Twelfthman: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2020
At ur age u dey Run ur mouth like tap. Have u no shame. Anyway apology accepted

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Dammy10: 9:07am On Dec 03, 2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Bornsinner7: 9:21am On Dec 03, 2020
Good.. na so e suppose be

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Toyade888(m): 9:36am On Dec 03, 2020
Which bet company Peter get sef

5 Likes

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Nukilia: 10:24am On Dec 03, 2020
You said the truth, but its always a bitter pill to swallow... Next time be more diplomatic grin grin

189 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Smellymouth: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2020
Osaze is giving off many signs that he may be suffering from Schizophrenia.

The religious behavior is also a bad sign. I sincerely hope he gets help ASAP. Please don’t joke about what is happening to him..

157 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by kambili999(f): 11:50am On Dec 03, 2020
Well they are both even in their actions.

But what's up with osaze lately??

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Pearly255(f): 11:50am On Dec 03, 2020
!

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by tot(f): 11:50am On Dec 03, 2020
Say No to Gambling. It has ruined so many people's lives. Osaze is right on this.

Celebrities (Peter) should be careful how they use their influence.

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Amspecial: 11:50am On Dec 03, 2020
grin
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Houseofglam7(f): 11:50am On Dec 03, 2020
One is mad, the other is not.......yet...... undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by uncleck: 11:50am On Dec 03, 2020
One thing is very common between religious people and Buhari's supporters. Figure it out

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Arindin: 11:51am On Dec 03, 2020
Arindin
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by judetov2(m): 11:51am On Dec 03, 2020
mumu guy
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by madridsta007(m): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2020
Twelfthman:
At ur age u dey Run ur mouth like tap. Have u no shame. Anyway apology accepted

I think he is Bipolar or something.

13 Likes

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2020
I think he should take time off social media

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2020
I feel for this guy sha, must be going through a lot
May God help him

3 Likes

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by naijapips04: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2020
Very mature response. Respect gained for Osaze. Too much sense.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Mokason288(m): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2020
No be Today I know say Peter no get sense

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by ajebuter(f): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2020
Either this Osaze just clout-chasing or simply sick upstairs

Or both

3 Likes

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by ablejesus26(m): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2020
ok

And no be like dis Osaze dey behave before oo why him come dey cho cho cho too much of recent

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Gabson006: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2020
My Man
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by Righteousness89(m): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Osaze ! I love your Spirit. I Love your Courage! I Love your Boldness

GOD Bless you My Brother!

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by YorubaPrince: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2020
grin
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by XXLMANDIGO: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Colorado and Molly don clear for Baba eyes... cheesy

And as music no pay for Peter again, this KILLJOY don finally ruin his lifeline.

What a 2020 to remember undecided

3 Likes

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by yusufu16: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Toyade888:
Which bet company Peter get sef

Zoomlife

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by OakConsultNG: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2020
Okay
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by 15ssDRIVE(m): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2020
Nukilia:
You said the truth, but its always a bitter pill to swallow... Next time be more diplomatic grin grin

Truth no get diplomacy

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Apologizes To Peter Okoye. Mr P Reacts by snoopz: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2020
Wahala be like bicycle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage / Poland Vs Senegal: World Cup,(1 - 2) On 19th June 2018 / Nigerians React To Super Eagles 0 - 2 Defeat By South Africa. See Funny Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.