Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) (35452 Views)

Gunmen Trapped Inside Jos Prison After Attacking The Correctional Centre / Nine Fleeing Inmates From Oweri Correctional Centre Re-Arrested In Ghana / 25 Escaped Inmates Return To Correctional Centre In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by NwekeUG(m): 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
A 17-year-old boy, Gabriel Odiniya, remanded in Ankpa Correctional Centre has been released by Justice Henry Olusiyi, the Chief Judge of Kogi, State, IgbereTV reports.

The Chief Judge released the junvenile inmate, who is standing trial for alleged trespass, intimidation and attempt to commit theft, while on an inspection visit to Medium Security Custodial Centre in Ankpa on Wednesday, as part of his state-wide visits to custodial centres.

Speaking during the visit, Olusiyi said there was no prima facie case against Odiniya aside the fact that he was a child who under extant laws, was certainly not supposed to be in the custodial centre in the first place.

"I have listened carefully to the learned legal officer prosecuting this case and on the whole, I am satisfied that this is an appropriate case for me to exercise my discretion in favour of the defendant by letting off the hook completely in this matter," the CJ said.

"I have also observed that he is suffering from skin rashes which if not controlled, may result in other inmates being infected. In the light of all the foregoing, the defendant is hereby released as no useful purpose will be served by his continued detention in this Custodial Centre. He shall be released forthwith to the acting Ochogwu of Ogugu, His royal Highness Emmanuel Salifu for proper handling etc,” he added.

The Chief Judge also implored the Reverend Father Boniface Opaluwa, in charge of the Catholic Church in Emagaba-Ogugu, to take charge and provide spiritual guidance to the fatherless boy.

Odiniya was allegedly framed by a woman who he had worked for and who dragged him to court over alleged theft of money and secured conviction but Odiniya was given an option of fine by the court.

According to Odiniya, the woman had caused him to be arrested again boasting that she would make him spend five years in jail as he was subsequently arraigned before Chief Magistrate Court, Okpo, Olamaboro Local Government.

https://igberetvnews.com/1373923/17-year-old-boy-released-correctional-centre-kogi-chief-judge-photo/

5 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Perfectsouth(m): 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
Some believe prayers doesn't work but if you understand this prayer, you will know how it relates to our everyday life...

AKOBA ADABA OLORUN MAJE KA RI..

So many people have died from crimes they didn't commit, offense they didn't commit and charges they didn't commit...
So many people have been accused wrongly and it leads to their death..
So I pray again,
AKOBA ADABA OLORUN MAJE KA RI

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by slawormiir: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright .very nice ...chief judge should always pay a visit to our prison at times...
Most people have been incarcerated for no reason
While others are kept there for minor misdemeanor
seanwilliam:

Oboy so 17 years fit go jail
Ogbeni to say the truth ehnn
I nor know because I nor dey into legal matter..na computer science i read for uniben and na manage I take graduate after many many F and carry over

But I dey reason say something like juvenile delinquency dey exist for law..anyway...what do i know....am just a weed smoker, a pussy banger and a drunkard
Ratedgang:
computer science? Hmmmm. You must know Godpower,Oliomogbe and uncle frank. I see hell there.
All those people way you name so...them be headache for that department

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by millionboi2: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
G
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Cladez(m): 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
I hope this boy doesn't get to terrorise the society after getting in touch with hardened criminals...

If proper welfare is not provided for him,I see him going that path..
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Bornsinner7: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
is okay

The time wey I dey for prison, I call am inside world
The time wey I dey for outside prison, I call outside world - fela

3 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Oxtonguy: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
MightyHand:
Odiniya was allegedly framed by a woman who he had worked for and who dragged him to court over alleged theft of money and secured conviction but Odiniya was given an option of fine by the court.

According to Odiniya, the woman had caused him to be arrested again boasting that she would make him spend five years in jail as he was subsequently arraigned before Chief Magistrate Court

If you're a Boy or Man pls, FEAR WOMAN

Thank God for the boys life nd thanks to the chief justice for the spiritual guidance he mentioned

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by WIZGUY69(m): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
Damn. The bitter fact is; Life is unfair.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by seanwilliam(m): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by collum(m): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]the only good news I have heard from kogi state so far. wish decision my learned judged... keeping a small boy in prison during his productive youthful state for a mere attempt to commit crime and intimidation is a crime against d boy...
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Julsbagg(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
Omo.....

No be lie
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by tuwayz(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
Wow!
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by PROFFIRE: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
Is not enough to release him, they should also pay for his damages, that is child assault, if it is more than 24hour hours double charges, your politicians are stealing billions yet they walking freely ...

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by oluxy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
Good
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by visijo(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
You dey EFCC car with handcuffs dey wave me.....

OGA Which day that friendship start?��

6 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
estres
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by omas1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
undecided
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by ThatFairGuy1: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
Fatherless boy?
poor boy!

Very sad situation!

Over what for this helpless kid! This is wickedness
According to Odiniya, the woman had caused him to be arrested again boasting that she would make him spend five years in jail as he was.

4 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by babra19: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
God save us

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Randy100: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
A nice judge.

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Freeeanijor: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
In everything situation, good or bad, tell God thank you. He has learnt a big lesson that will help him in his dealings with women. God has answered his cry for mercy from the claws of a Jezebel.

The 17yr old teen was working for her and the konji starved wife of Potiphar wanted his fresh blood but he refused, so she framed him up. He's a fortunate child because unlike the the biblical Joseph, he didn't spend much time in jail. He should be comforted by the freedom he's been given by the God sent judge

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by IamFINESSE: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
grin

Yahaya Bello for president kiss
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by GeoAfrikana(m): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
seanwilliam:

Yes, there's a juvenile prison in Abeokuta, Ogun state.

During my NYSC, the Muslim corpers used to gather donations for the Muslim inmates there every Ramadan.

That place was the most terrible place I've ever been... Until we visited the maximum security prison at Ibara. Haa, can't explain.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Bodmas02: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
Kogi no dey carry last
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by stephenponti(m): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
isn't it illegal to jail a boy of 17 years.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Ugaboy: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
Why the arresting on the underage... lawless country

-------------------------------+++++++++++++-------
-----SEASON OFFER---Learn Ui/Ux, Web/Design/Mobile App Development, Data Science, SQL Database Management, Ethical hacking
with Just 3k, check signature for contact
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Houseofglam7(f): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
cry
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by emmadejust(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
The woman is still threatening to jail him
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by Kingpele(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
He shouldn't be there in the first instance,and to the woman that framed him up ,she will surely reap whatever she sow,if one of her children is framed up and cast into the four walls of the prison ,may she never disturb our peace on social media..some women are literally devil's incarnate...Very heartless and with out motherly compassion

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by johnhood(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
Nice one.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Released From Correctional Centre By Kogi Chief Judge (Photo) by sharpillo(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
Z

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cultists Arrested While Trying To Machete Rival Gang Member In Lagos. Photos / Man Kills His Brother In Anambra, Hangs Himself After Confessing (Photos) / Police Officers Nearly Choke Nigerian Drug Peddler In Gauteng, South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.