Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,202 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! (905 Views)

Nedum Onuoha Left With Nasty Cut By Teammate (pics) / Brazil 2004: Why Super Eagles Are Not Ready For The World Cup / Manchester City's Nedum Onuoha Tops List Of Nigeria Probables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by wales(m): 6:33am On Mar 23, 2011
Super Eagles manager Samson Siasia’s hopes of a rock-solid rearguard with Nedum Onuoha the powerhouse during Nigeria’s two-legged 2012 Nations Cup qualifiers against Ethiopia were dashed on Tuesday after the Sunderland star insisted he was not interested in playing for Nigeria now.

The defensive frailties which have haunted the Eagles since the likes of Uche Okechukwu, Austin Eguavoen, Taribo West and Ben Iroha quit the stage may have forced Siasia to mount pressure on former England junior international Onuoha to pledge his international future to Nigeria.

Fenerbahce’s Joseph Yobo is arguably the only quality player in the heart of Nigeria’s defence, and Siasia might have planned to add the highly experienced Onuoha.

However, the 24-year-old says he is in no hurry to make a decision on his international future.

“It was dealt with earlier in the season,” Sunderland Echo quoted the player, who was born in Warri, Delta State on Tuesday.

“I won’t be playing for Nigeria this season.

“The chances are I’ll still be on holiday in the summer!”

The European football season ends in May. The Eagles are scheduled to engage the Walya Antelopes of Ethiopia in the first meeting in Abuja on Sunday. The second leg in Addis Ababa takes place in June.

Siasia said he would no longer persuade Onuoha to commit to Nigeria, saying it was up to the player to make a move.

Reports on Monday had claimed that Siasia was planning to invite Onuoha after facing problems in defence, but Siasia said that was not the case.

“I don’t know where they got that story from, but I have no plans to get in touch with him anymore,” Siasia told KickOffNigeria.com.

“When we spoke last time, he told me he hadn’t made up his mind.

“Since then, we haven’t spoken.

“When he decides what he wants to do, let him call us. The ball is in his court now.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103233151079
Re: I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by 12large1: 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
how is a calamity defender like yobo classified as the only quality nonsense
Re: I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by semid4lyfe(m): 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2011
Abegiiii, make Siasia free Onuoha jare. hin shakara don dey too much sef, wetin. . . . .

Apam Onyekachi better pass Onuoha only thing be se hin too dey get injury.

Yobo, Apam and Adeleye are decent central defenders IMO
Re: I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by desholah(m): 12:10am On Mar 24, 2011
Siasia should neglect this azz henceforth . . .Seems he doesn't wanna play for us.

Then let England serve him well . . . . , . . . . . . . . . undecided
Re: I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by DisGuy: 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2011
What's the problem with naija official always trying to make a player look bad, Nigeria has up to 80 players playing high level football and several others playing in Nigeria

why make an issue out of nothing when you purposely invite a player that doesn't want to play for you
na by force? there are many players begging to be used in the Nigerian premier league why make others look bad when they refuse
or are they just trying to spend money under the guise they are going to greet one player abroad

not all players want to play national football especially if the country cant organise an egg race talk less of an invincible obama cup
Re: I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by MeGaStReEt: 5:14am On Mar 26, 2011
wait till he is 33
Re: I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by medjai(m): 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2011
Abegi! They should forget about this guy, there's nothing extra he'll add to the Super Eagles anyway.
Re: I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by Rossikk(m): 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
Dis Guy said:

not all players want to play national football especially if the country cant organise an egg race talk less of an invincible obama cup

Excuse me, but Nigeria routinely and successfully hosts FIFA world championships in which they are praised for their competence and organisation.
Re: I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by Donaldlove: 5:26am On Mar 30, 2011
He shuld jst 4ck off
Re: I’m Not Ready Yet For Nigeria – Onuoha ! by DisGuy: 11:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
Rossikk:

Dis Guy said:

Excuse me, but Nigeria routinely and successfully hosts FIFA world championships in which they are praised for their competence and organisation.

routinely? yeaa right they routinely leave injured players lurking in the wilderness, routinely have issues with hotels, travel visas and administrative issues, onuha is okay he doesnt need to beg anyone for 75% games for the national team to earns his daily bread

what happened to victor Moses in the last few matches, they routinely forget basic fifa rules abi?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Journalist Drags Fifa President Blatter To Fifa Ethics Committee / I Will Beat Usain Bolt At Rio De Janeiro 2016 / Nigeria Vs Liberia Match - Predict And Win A Freehost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.