Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election (10456 Views)

Gov Ayade Loses Senate Bid As PDP's Jarigbe Clinches Seat / Aba South/North Bye-Election: INEC Declares PDP's Ebisieke Winner / INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Kwanza: 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
A High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has declared Hon Jarigbe Agom Jarigbe as the duly elected candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the rescheduled Cross River North senatorial bye election holding on Saturday, December 5, 2020.

The court in the judgment by Justice Binta Mohammed held that contrary to the claim of the claimant, John Alaga, the defendant (Jarigbe) did not supply any false information to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in his INEC Form CF001 by purporting to have sat for / and or obtained educational qualification making him eligible to contest for the Cross River North Senatorial Bye election.

In his suit No. CV/77/2020, the claimant, John Alaga had urged the court to disqualify the candidature of Jarigbe on strength of the alleged false information and other allegations.

But in his judgment, Justice Mohammed sitting in court 27, Apo division of the FCT High Court held that the claimant has failed to prove his case.

The court also held that the Cross River North Senatorial primary election of the PDP wherein Jarigbe (1st defendant) was nominated as the Senatorial candidate was conducted with the authentic list of the Ward and Local Government Area Executives of the party.

Justice Mohammed further held that “the first defendant having won the highest number of valid votes at the said primary election is validly nominated as the candidate of the PDP for the Cross River North Senatorial Bye election scheduled to hold on October 31, 2020 or any other date.

That the primary election of the PDP for the Cross River North Senatorial held on September 5, 2020, was duly nominated by INEC (2nd defendant) and therefore valid and in accordance with the law.

The Court therefore directed INEC, sued as the second Defendant, to include and publish the name of Hon. Jarigbe on the list of candidates for the bye election scheduled for 5th December, 2020. The INEC was also further ordered to give Hon. Jarigbe every other rights and privileges pertaining to his lawful qualification and nomination as the PDP candidate.

The primary election of the PDP has been the enmeshed in legal tussle since the 5th of September when it was conducted.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/court-declares-jarigbe-as-pdp-candidate-for-cross-river-north-senatorial-bye-election/

5 Likes

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by MercyNMighty: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
Confusion
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by GavelSlam: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2020
grin
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Moferere: 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
I have my reservations about the judicial system
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Sigala: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
Wahala
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by fracupation: 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
PDP will likely win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by HerMajestyCares(f): 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
I just hope everything ends in the interest of the people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Basilpearck(m): 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
Let's see how it goes

1 Share

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by proceedtacos: 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
thanks for the informative news mods.

2 Likes

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Samfloxin(m): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
e no concern me shikena
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by PAWG(m): 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
Wahala!!!

State PDP declared Steven Odey as candidate grin

Make PDP follow see wetin APC dey see

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Ven97: 9:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jarigbe is a goal...

10 Likes

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Eje2019: 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
hmm mm
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Tonylyte(m): 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
A swift run for APC Joe Agi there. I know pretty well things will go this way. If Joe doesn't win at the poll, he will win at the court. This is the first time I will vote an APC flagbearer in an election. Stephen Odey is like a pawn on a chessboard. Ayade is only parading him to gain his ways into the senate house after his tenure as a governor may have elapsed. We the northern cross riverians are not oblivious about things.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Jegiosowor(f): 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
I just want ayade candidate not to win

7 Likes

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Tonylyte(m): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jegiosowor:
I just want ayade candidate not to win

Sure! Ayade is a failure.

3 Likes

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by fergie001: 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2020
Test of faith & loyalty for Ayade.

Agi might win....(with) Ayade's support.

blackking98 dansuqi
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by candidbabe(f): 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
Fingers crossed
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Amspecial: 9:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
grin
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Erudite202: 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
As it stands now, both Jarigbe and Odey are campaigning differently with each laying claim as the authentic PDP flag bearer. Las Las Joe Agi (SAN) of APC may win this bye election.
Jarigbe is greedy.
Odey is Ayade's puppet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by realstars: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
Good for them
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by muykem: 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
See how he made a mistake. He for have come to bayelsa? Dickson has one woman judge, she will disqualify Jesus is she sees money.

1 Like

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Macrofrancis(m): 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Danny50: 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
As calabar boy wey i be...
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by subcbouy: 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2020
HerMajestyCares:
I just hope everything ends in the interest of the people.

Are you referring to politician's interest because nothing like people's interest when the election will be rigged by either party.
Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by unitysheart(m): 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
I talk am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Eteka1(m): 11:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
Nice one, the guy is a great guy. He has performed too well as a member of the House of Representatives.

1 Like

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by wickyyolo: 11:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
Tonylyte:
A swift run for APC Joe Agi there. I know pretty well that things will go this way. If Joe doesn't win at the pool, he will win at the court. This is the first time I will vote an APC flagbearer in an election. Stephen Ode is like a pawn on a chessboard. Ayade is only parading him to gain his ways into the senate house after his tenure as a governor may have elapsed. We the northern cross riverians are not oblivious about things.

Your vote doesn’t count. PDP will win .

1 Like

Re: Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election by Frankest20(m): 12:13am On Dec 04, 2020
This judgment was bought with a hard earn resources. Dr Stephen Odey of the PDP overwhelmingly won the September 5th primary at Ogoja LGA council headquarters where Hon. Jarigbe was present. Dr Odey pulled 450 votes to Hon. Jarigbe 90 votes . The Federal High court setting in Calabar has affirmed it. Hon. Jarigbe is only being recruited by APC Joe Agi to scuttle PDP chances in the state to pave way for the opposition

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crises Rock APC Membership Registration In States / PDP Governors To Hold An Emergency Meeting / Pic Difference Btw A SSS Female Agent & Female Police Offcer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.