Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? (397 Views)

Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School / What Will Become Of Religion If The Devil Repents / How Can Any Intelligent Person Be An Adherent Of Any Of The Abrahamic Religions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
would you be a christian or muslim if you were not birthed into it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
I was not born into any religion and I am still not an adherent to any religion. grin
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
Capital yes! My religion and my Denomination. I can never exchange or let go those two.
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by kingxsamz(m): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
iamloyalty:
Capital yes!
My religion and my Denomination. I can never exchange or let go those two.
You're only saying yes because you can't imagine yourself practicing another religion.
You probably wouldn't be saying this if you were born in Iraq, India or China.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
Maybe you should ask most NL atheists who weren't birthed into what they now believe in.
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 04, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're only saying yes because you can't imagine yourself practicing another religion.

I can see where this is heading. bye.
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by Mcuzy(m): 11:17am On Dec 04, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
food for thought
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by benodic: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
I was born a Christian.
Being naturally curious and a lover of truth, I took my time to study all the religions the world have to offer.
Out of my study the religion that resonated with me was ECKANKAR, Path of Spiritual Freedom.
I have been enjoying this Religion for the past 28 years.
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by eviana3(f): 1:01am On Dec 05, 2020
I really like this question, but honestly, I wonder if folks can answer that.
I was born into Christianity and certainly could have left it (without any threat of death or violence) when I entered college.
However I, (after being unserious about Christanity throughout my childhood and college years), finally came to a point in my life (as a young adult) where I wanted to understand Who God the Creator was, and how to make Him real in my life. I was searching and God knew that..and at the right time drew me to a personal relationship with Him.
Now I, with all due respect, could never see myself in any other religion nor would I want to, because I have an inexplicable "peace".

2 Likes

Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by butterfly777(m): 1:40am On Dec 05, 2020
I was born a muslim. But I am now a Christian after knowing God.
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:01am On Dec 05, 2020
Nobody can be birthed into Christianity!

You may be born by Christian parents but you are not a Christian until you choose to dedicate your life to JEHOVAH. So if you're not pleased with the rules guiding Christianity you are free to take your leave because our God is not pleased with whatever you are forced to give him including sacred service! 2Corinthians 9:7

I was a Muslim and a soldier before i heard of "Christian soldiers" i knew Jesus (Christ) never used physical weapons and never encourage his followers to use it so i wonder what "Christian soldier" means, can there be soldiers without the use of weapons?

When Jehovah's Witnesses first visited me i was sceptical about their faith but today i'm one of Jesus' true followers who goes about with their spiritual weapon (Bible) {Ephesians 6:17} and they have conquered millions and made them peace lovers who have vowed never to raise up weapons against their fellowman for life! Isaiah 2:2-4

Nobody is born a JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, you either choose to remain if your relatives are JWs or you choose to join after you've learnt the truth, and if you feel like joining other religions nobody force you to remain. But you can't change their principles, they love people having the same line of thought like their founder! Matthew 12:46-49

So don't feel offended if they relate better with their fellow believers than you who only happens to be related to them by birth! Galatians 6:10
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by Image123(m): 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2020
kingxsamz:

Folly. Two of my greatest Christian models are from India and China. There are MILLIONS of Christians in these countries. When will you stop fooling around?
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by Image123(m): 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
butterfly777:
I was born a muslim. But I am now a Christian after knowing God.

Samuel can never see this. The devil his master can not permit him to.
Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by Ehiscotch(m): 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
eviana3:
I really like this question, but honestly, I wonder if folks can answer that.
I was born into Christianity and certainly could have left it (without any threat of death or violence) when I entered college.
However I, (after being unserious about Christanity throughout my childhood and college years), finally came to a point in my life (as a young adult) where I wanted to understand Who God the Creator was, and how to make Him real in my life. I was searching and God knew that..and at the right time drew me to a personal relationship with Him.
Now I, with all due respect, could never see myself in any other religion nor would I want to, because I have an inexplicable "peace".

how come you mirror my mind so much?

I became somewhat agnostic at a point, myself. You see indoctrination can barely make you a Christian; you have to develop a personal relationship with him to know him. You have to dig deep and wholeheartedly to experience him.

I thank God he found me and since then I have never had so much peace in my life.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be An Adherent Of Your Present Religion If You Were Not Birthed Into? by hashtagged(m): 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2020
I would have picked Christianity or budhism , cause they are peaceful and loving religion that everyone who isn't already in a religion would love to join, never islam I don't think people join Islam except they were forced to or threatened

(1) (Reply)

Should True Believers Celebrate Christmas? / Connection Between Zoroastrianism And Islam / See What OPM Founder Did To The Girl Whose Scored Highest IN Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.