Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. (3303 Views)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / ₦155.6Billion Museum With Roof Made Of 76,000 Panels Opens In Qatar(Pics) / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
So I got a job in Qatar through baty.com, Company (NOT recruitment agency) has a strong online presence, LinkedIn, instagram, all platforms. I was offered a basic monthly salary, accommodation, transportation, visa, ticket, QID, all covered by company..

I also stressed about deductions if any for visa, tickets etc from my salary and was assured by the HR that there are NO deductions whatsoever, unless I resign before 6 months probation period is over, then I will have to refund "cost of hire".

Dear nairalanders, this seems like a good deal for now as we never see Canada n Co enter, but the issue is I have been seeing nothing but bad reviews about working in Qatar! From poor working conditions to delayed/deducted salary..

Although those reviews are from domestic workers and construction labourers with recruitment agencies involved. .. Which is very different from my situation, I am still Terrified!

Nigerians in Qatar please what is the situation for workers (not domestic worker or labourer) employed directly by the company? Do these employers abide by the job contract signed?

Should I go? Abi make I siddon my naija jeje
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by EdoFirstBorn(m): 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2020
You are going to be stranded you have been scammed and don't yet know it

sorry
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:
You are going to be stranded you have been scammed and don't yet know it

sorry
how?
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by majamajic(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
Have they issued u visa ? If yes , what's the visa type ? Which kin job ?
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
majamajic:
No they haven't, I am not sure if I should accept.. Graphic artist
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:48pm On Dec 03, 2020
Accept it. So long as you aren't asked to pay for anything it's not a scam. I have gotten a job abroad from Nigeria before. It's very possible. You are a graphic artist. You would have more opportunities outside the country. Freelance opportunities would also open up more as your location isn't Nigeria. Just put your mind on working for like 2 years or 3 save as much as you can then do Canada express entry from there.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Accept it. So long as you aren't asked to pay for anything it's not a scam. I have gotten a job abroad from Nigeria before. It's very possible. You are a graphic artist. You would have more opportunities outside the country. Freelance opportunities would also open up more as your location isn't Nigeria. Just put your mind on working for like 2 years or 3 save as much as you can then do Canada express entry from there.
Thank you..honestly this is my plan.. But news and blogs make it seem like there's no "Human Rights" in Qatar dictionary...
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
justagirltoo:
Thank you..honestly this is my plan.. But news and blogs make it seem like there's no "Human Rights" in Qatar dictionary...
Just respect yourself and their culture once there. Wear hijabs and always cover yourself. Never speak out against their religion or do anything to make them angry. Mind your business, work hard and focus on leaving to the west.

4 Likes

Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by majamajic(m): 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
justagirltoo:
No they haven't, I am not sure if I should accept.. Graphic artist

U need be careful , are u the one going to pay for the visa and flight ?
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by majamajic(m): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Hmmmmm, as far he is not asked to pay anything ? They are just beginning , first they will u they got a job for u , next is send money for visa

Na there wahala dey , had it been they have issued visa on their own , this game is still far ooo
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
majamajic:

Hmmmmm, as far he is not asked to pay anything ? They are just beginning , first they will u they got a job for u , next is send money for visa

Na there wahala dey , had it been they have issued visa on their own , this game is still far ooo
Once she's asked to pay money for anything she should know it's a scam. In my case my entry was sent alongside my own flight ticket and I had someone waiting for me at the airport from the organisation.
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by peppermint7(m): 9:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
Oga so far as you have not been asked to pay anything.

It is legit
Load your bags and get going don’t let the masses Infect you with bad news.
Once you get to Qatar my only advice for you is respect the culture focus on the reason that brought you there.
For this life God still Dey
E go see u through.

Lastly represent ur mother nation well no go be hinderance for us wer wan follow you for back.
At this point I hope I have said enough.

E be things sha.
Drops mic

7 Likes

Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Just respect yourself and their culture once there. Wear hijabs and always cover yourself. Never speak out against their religion or do anything to make them angry. Mind your business, work hard and focus on leaving to the west.
thank you
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
majamajic:

U need be careful , are u the one going to pay for the visa and flight ?

I Am not paying anything..was only asked for passport to process visa

1 Like

Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by oluwatoyosi8755: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
peppermint7:
Oga so far as you have not been asked to pay anything.

It is legit
Load your bags and get going don’t let the masses Infect you with bad news.
Once you get to Qatar my only advice for you is respect the culture focus on the reason that brought you there.
For this life God still Dey
E go see u through.

Lastly represent ur mother nation well no go be hinderance for us wer wan follow you for back.
At this point I hope I have said enough.

E be things sha.
Drops mic
No payment has been asked for.. I be omoluabi before grin thank you
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
oluwatoyosi8755:
not yet.. I was told they will send a work visa once approved Or are there different types of Qatar work visa? Graphic artist

1 Like

Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2020
majamajic:

there's no recruitment agent or middle man, had interview with HR on zoom, and I have been chatting with HR through hr@companywebsite .com.. I am just worried about how the media claim Qatar employer treats workers.
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by peppermint7(m): 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
justagirltoo:
No payment has been asked for.. I be omoluabi before grin thank you

Oga pack ur bag sharperly

1 Like

Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by majamajic(m): 11:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
justagirltoo:
I Am not paying anything..was only asked for passport to process visa

Since u are not paying anything , nothing to worry about , Qatar is a nice place , are u a man or woman ?
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 11:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
majamajic:

Since u are not paying anything , nothing to worry about , Qatar is a nice place , are u a man or woman ?
I will take your word for it
..woman
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by Gerrard59(m): 4:15am On Dec 04, 2020
justagirltoo:
Thank you..honestly this is my plan.. But news and blogs make it seem like there's no "Human Rights" in Qatar dictionary

Stop basing human rights on definition of the west, you are a Nigerian. Your aims and priorities are not the same as theirs neither are you on the same Malsow Hierarchy level as most westerners. Your aim is to go there, make money and prepare for a better life not chant some mumbo-jumbo woke theories or articles.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by jjkumar: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
There are human rights and very strict labour law in the middle east. The problem is that a lot of people never seek for information. I live and work in Kuwait and can authoritatively tell you that there is office of public defendants that handles labour law issues free of charge for any employee that feels cheated by their employer
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by LiftedMan: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
Congrats, i stay in Qatar, dont mind any rubbish you see online about Qatar, if you like the offer then accept and come, just dont pay for anything. Its not going to be rosy when you come here but if you plan well and mind your business you will be fine, we have loads of Nigerians here so dont worry you will fine. Secondly, its true some employers dont pay well or pay at all but once the government finds out the are dealt with, this happens everywhere in the world.
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
LiftedMan:
Congrats, i stay in Qatar, dont mind any rubbish you see online about Qatar, if you like the offer then accept and come, just dont pay for anything. Its not going to be rosy when you come here but if you plan well and mind your business you will be fine, we have loads of Nigerians here so dont worry you will fine. Secondly, its true some employers dont pay well or pay at all but once the government finds out the are dealt with, this happens everywhere in the world.
I also saw Qatar made new rules to favour workers due to the 2022 world cup.. So they don't look bad.. Exit permit from employers have been scrapped so I can run whenever I get better a better offer
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2020
jjkumar:
There are human rights and very strict labour law in the middle east. The problem is that a lot of people never seek for information. I live and work in Kuwait and can authoritatively tell you that there is office of public defendants that handles labour law issues free of charge for any employee that feels cheated by their employer
kuwait is my first choice but employers keep saying the same thing "No new visa for now" ..

1 Like

Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by LiftedMan: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2020
justagirltoo:
I also saw Qatar made new rules to favour workers due to the 2022 world cup.. So they don't look bad.. Exit permit from employers have been scrapped so I can run whenever I get better a better offer
Yeah.
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by Alkason: 3:58pm On Jan 23, 2021
jjkumar:

How possible is it for someone to get a working visa to Kuwait?

1 Like

Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by justagirltoo: 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2021
Alkason:

How possible is it for someone to get a working visa to Kuwait?
you have to get a job from Nigeria first..
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by Alkason: 3:48am On Jan 27, 2021
justagirltoo:

Oh okay
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by Ketchup908: 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2022
justagirltoo:

Hello? How has life been fairing in qatar for Africans and the unskilled worker's especially from Nigeria?
Re: Help! Advice Needed! I Got A Job In Qatar. by HolyTitus(m): 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ketchup908:

Hello? How has life been fairing in qatar for Africans and the unskilled worker's especially from Nigeria?
Seconded

(1) (2) (Reply)

British Girl Caught Having Sex In Virgin Aeroplane Toilets With Male Passenger / Can I Move To Canada With 500k to 700k? / Floods In Airports Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.