Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,799 members, 7,806,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna (7749 Views)

Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau / Wow Igbo People Are Just Too Creative See What They Did / Wow Igbo People Are Just Too Creative See What They Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Beaf: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2011
Here is an excerpt from a ThisDay article that says it all:

Speaking earlier, the coordinator of the Neighbour to Neighbour, the organisers of the programme, Ambassador Jerry Sunny Ugokwe, said the Igbos outside the South-east zone had the capacity to determine the next election, especially the presidential election.

According to him, “going by the just released voter register, the Igbos in Kano State represent 40 per cent of the voting populace, while they are 35 per cent in Plateau and 30 per cent of the registered voters in Kaduna State.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-buhari-in-crossfire-over-jos-campaign-deaths/88314/
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by eghost247(m): 9:10am On Mar 23, 2011
Beaf:

Here is an excerpt from a ThisDay article that says it all:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-buhari-in-crossfire-over-jos-campaign-deaths/88314/
are we not all Nigerians at the end of the day hun?
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by AljUche: 9:21am On Mar 23, 2011
why didn't you added borno to your list undecided

why is jega allowing GEJ to use him like this angry
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:25am On Mar 23, 2011
Title of the thread is slightly misleading.

There is a difference between the voting populace and the entire populace. These stats probably have something to do with education level. . .
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by gernded(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2011
THAT IS THE ONCE WE KNOW, BY THE TIME REAL CENSUS IS CARRIED OUT IN NIGERIA I AM SURE PEOPLE WILL BE SHOCK AND WILL NEVER BELIEVE THE IGBO FIGURE, BUT THE FACT IS THAT IGBO'S ARE WIDELY TRAVELED THEY NEVER SETTLED AT HOME.

IN A FAMILY OF SEVEN IN IGBO LAND 6 OR IF NOT ALL ARE IN NORTHERN OR WESTERN NIGERIA WHO COMES HOME ONLY ON CHRISTMAS , IF YOU VISIT OUR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT YOU WILL FOUND OUT THAT 70% OF THE TRAVELERS ARE IGBO'S .

AND THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM IN AFRICAN COUNTRIES.

THE FACT IS THAT IGBO FIGURE CAN MATCH THE NORTH IF WELL CALCULATED.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Beaf: 9:26am On Mar 23, 2011
eghost247:

are we not all Nigerians at the end of the day hun?

Yeah, we all are, bruv. What I'm pointing out, is that if true, the demographics of the mentioned states could provide a real shocker come the 9th of April.

40% of the Kano electorate?! That is a block vote for GEJ and possibly Shekarau out on his ear if. . .
Similarly, 30% in Kaduna see's Sambo and Yekowa safely home and dry.

Nice.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Beaf: 9:28am On Mar 23, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Title of the thread is slightly misleading.

There is a difference between the voting populace and the entire populace. These stats probably have something to do with education level. . .

The title of the thread clearly say's "2011." So, its apt for describing the proportion of the voting populace.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by ektbear: 9:31am On Mar 23, 2011
Where did he get this 40%, 35%, etc figure from? Even as far as voting #s go?

Did the voting register include ethnicity, or something. . . ?

40% of Kano voters being Igbo suggests a similarly large fraction of the population of Kano is Igbo. Which to me seems. . . surprising and counterintuitive.

This might just be propoganda.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by nduchucks: 9:31am On Mar 23, 2011
These people are preparing the country for the announcement of rigged election results.  We will not buy the lies this time around.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Abagworo(m): 9:33am On Mar 23, 2011
If this is true then Igbos need rehabilitation.A crisis is brewing.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by ektbear: 9:54am On Mar 23, 2011
^-- As the above two posters allude to. . . being in Kano in three weeks time might not be good for the health lipsrsealed
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Beaf: 10:11am On Mar 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- As the above two posters allude to. . . being in Kano in three weeks time might not be good for the health lipsrsealed

Nah, they've learnt to leave Igbo's well alone in those places, cos those guys turn up for an argument with howitzers and rocket launchers. . . Just the sort of stuff almajiri's don't like.
No one should be bullied for expressing their democratic rights.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Dandas: 10:30am On Mar 23, 2011
The last voters registeration list released by INEC showing SE,SS,SW,NE,NW,NC where SE is low have nothing to do with this election.If voters registeration is what every Nigerian should go back to his home state and register,you will discover a surprise figure of SE(Igbos).Tell me any state in this country that population of igbos does not have a significant percentage.None.Is it in the north or south or west.Igbos are the only ethinic group that scattered across all part of Nigeria.Tell everybody to go back to his state and register,and you will agree with me that a single state in SE will pass Lagos and Kano that is being rated highest.Look at lagos again,do u know that 46% of lagos population are igbos?.Now check 46% of all the registered votes in Lagos.Same is in Kano,and all states across the nation.So it is needless aiming that whether Buhari or GEJ will capture NW or SW being rated as a higher bloc votes zone,what matters is who the igbos want to vote in for,because its population of igbos that make such zone to have that higher figure.Talk of whether igbos will vote for them and not whether NW or SW.Look at Lagos,do you think Fashola can win any election if igbos turned their back on him?,definetly NO.He knows it all,and that why he embrace igbos even in his government.Truly speaking,igbos are scattered everywhere pass any other tribe in this country.No politicians can win in any any states if igbos in such states are not taken along,especially now its one man one vote.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by naso2(m): 10:32am On Mar 23, 2011
Alj Uche:

why didn't you [size=15pt]added[/size] borno to your list

why is jega allowing GEJ to use him like this

With all these kpooaas , it beats me how people like you still have the effrontery to abuse patience Jonathan
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by ektbear: 10:44am On Mar 23, 2011
I think we need to have an accurate census, with ethnicity also mentioned on it. For every local government and state.

Otherwise, people will falsely claim to be 40% of the population of Kano, 35% of Plateau, etc.

Next they'll claim to be 40% of the population of my village too.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by seanet02: 10:47am On Mar 23, 2011
Ibos with their Fraudulent Nature and Character. why don't you claim 99.9% of Sokoto?
Bloody mofos
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Afam4eva(m): 10:51am On Mar 23, 2011
Why do people boil whenever a positive fact is stated about Igbos. The truth is that.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by sbeezy8: 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2011
HAHAHAHA LMFAO

this is the funniest article-

Wow! - Ibo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna- but are not 50% or more of Delta state 50% or more of Akwa Ibom and 50% or more of cross river?

ABOUT A MONTH AGO THIS BEAF WAS ARGUING WITH IBO SAYING THAT URHOBO/ISOKO ARE THE MAJORITY IN DELTA STATE. so any reasonable person would think that if 40% can live in Kano(which I dont believe) then Why would beaf Argue urhobos are the majority in Delta state.

Like really if ibo can be 40% of KANO- why cant they be 50% to majority in the states FULL OF MINTORITIES around them? 40% in Kano suggest that there are about 2.5 million- more in Kano- more than the total voters in delta.

LOL BEAF GUY IS GETTING MORE SILLY BY THE DAY.

I can accept if Ibos are spread out I dont care- but what is silly is selective articles had this article been about Delta state and Sapele warri- the GUYS like him will be crying FOUL.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by sbeezy8: 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2011
I like it though

why have anioma state when Ibos are the CLEAR MAJORITY IN NIGERIA- IT WOULD BE EASY TO HAVE AN IBO AS GOVENOR OF DELTA STATE, EDO STATE, AKWA IBOM STATE, CROSS RIVER, BAYLESA, KANO AND O YEA LAGOS

. . . . . . beaf and the otha guys are funny sha
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Beaf: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2011
sbeezy8:

HAHAHAHA LMFAO

this is the funniest article-

Wow! - Ibo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna- but are not 50% or more of Delta state 50% or more of Akwa Ibom and 50% or more of cross river?

ABOUT A MONTH AGO THIS BEAF WAS ARGUING WITH IBO SAYING THAT URHOBO/ISOKO ARE THE MAJORITY IN DELTA STATE. so any reasonable person would think that if 40% can live in Kano(which I dont believe) then Why would beaf Argue urhobos are the majority in Delta state.

Like really if ibo can be 40% of KANO- why cant they be 50% to majority in the states FULL OF MINTORITIES around them? 40% in Kano suggest that there are about 2.5 million- more in Kano- more than the total voters in delta.

LOL BEAF GUY IS GETTING MORE SILLY BY THE DAY.

I can accept if Ibos are spread out I dont care- but what is silly is selective articles had this article been about Delta state and Sapele warri- the GUYS like him will be crying FOUL.

Look at this clown! In so much pain from arguing with himself. Na wa o! Visiting NL can be much more entertaining than going to the movies. LOL!
What has brought Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Urhobo, Isoko, minorities etc, into the topic na? Dude, are you ok, or are you smoking sontin? grin grin grin grin

What has the topic got to do with overall populations, or are you getting really scared? LOL!!!!!!
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Beaf: 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
sbeezy8:

I like it though

why have anioma state when Ibos are the CLEAR MAJORITY IN NIGERIA- IT WOULD BE EASY TO HAVE AN IBO AS GOVENOR OF DELTA STATE, EDO STATE, AKWA IBOM STATE, CROSS RIVER, BAYLESA, KANO AND O YEA LAGOS

. . . . . . beaf and the otha guys are funny sha

We have an Itsekiri governor in Delta state sir, and they are a minority. We will one day have an Isoko governor as well, and of course, we are very likely to have an Igbo governor next. Delta state is the only state where nobody is disenfranchised, chew on that and die with jealousy. grin grin grin

Some people will always fail simple comprehension and begin to derail. Now back to the real topic (if you are equipped to deal with it, that is).
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by sbeezy8: 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2011
Beaf:

Look at this clown! In so much pain from arguing with himself. Na wa o! Visiting NL can be much more entertaining than going to the movies. LOL!
What has brought Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Urhobo, Isoko, minorities etc, into the topic na? Dude, are you ok, or are you smoking sontin? grin grin grin grin

What has the topic got to do with overall populations, or are you getting really scared? LOL!!!!!!

lol SCARED of what- Every person i know wants GEJ the clown to be president. as for population im not the ones thats scared you are.

its people like you who are EVEN WORSE THAN TRIBALISTIC HAUSAS AND YORUBAS(atleast they SHOW the TRIBALISTIC NATURE)- TOO FOLKS LIKE YOU One day ibos are 40% of Kano, Lagos, Kaduna but they cannot be 50% or more in smaller states as delta cross river, akwa ibom?

I find that sooooo FUNNY. Its like yea If GEJ was running for president aswell as another Ibo lets say . . . Ohakim and the article 40% of ibos in those states were voting for Ohakim and not GEj YOU WOULD HAVE NOT BELIEVED IT OR YOU WOULD HAVE NOT POSTED IT.

its funny as shiot. really
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by sbeezy8: 2:24pm On Mar 23, 2011
Beaf:

We have an Itsekiri governor in Delta state sir, and they are a minority. We will one day have an Isoko governor as well, and of course, we are very likely to have an Igbo governor next. Delta state is the only state where nobody is disenfranchised, chew on that and die with jealousy. grin grin grin

Some people will always fail simple comprehension and begin to derail. Now back to the real topic (if you are equipped to deal with it, that is).

Of course the next govenor will be CAN BE IBO we all know that Ibo are the LARGEST POPULATION IN DELTA- duh

so you mentioning an itsekiri the ex govnors cousin makes no sense. he was probably going to be govenor whether he is a minority or not

we know ibos are majority in delta state. I only brought it up cause you said they wereNT before but now because many are supporting GEJ you are saying they are 40% of lagos 40% of Kano etc LOL
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by sbeezy8: 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2011
they day you'll make sense

is the day you say IBO ARE MAJORITY OF DELTA and NIGER DELTA IN WHOLE more than urhobo and isokos/ijaws/itsekiris etc.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by onyengbu: 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2011
sbeezy8:

they day you'll make sense

is the day you say IBO ARE MAJORITY OF DELTA more than urhobo and isokos/ijaws/itsekiris.
Like beaf said:
Beaf:

Look at this clown! In so much pain from arguing with himself.
Why are you in so much pain anytime something positive about igbo comes up? eh? grin
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2011
This is funny, i dont think during the voters registration tribe or ethnic group was recorded. i would like to know how they arrived at this figure
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by sbeezy8: 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2011
onye ugfool whats so positive about this article?

im not arguing against it, im saying if ibo can be 40-50% in Kano and Lagos than they can be majority in delta, cross river, awka ibom, probably edo.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
aisha2:

This is funny, i dont think during the voters registration tribe or ethnic group was recorded. i would like to know how they arrived at this figure

You underestimate some people's capacity for foolishness.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by onyengbu: 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2011
sbeezy8:

im not arguing against it, im saying if ibo can be 40-50% in Kano and Lagos than they can be majority in delta, cross river, awka ibom, probably edo.

Can I first ask why igbos would be majority in those places.
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2011
Not sure when all Igbos agreed to vote for only GEJ. undecided
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by BBalldway: 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
@ Beaf, in your dreams?
Re: 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna by Genbuhari3: 3:54pm On Mar 23, 2011
40% igbos in Kano grin

Then they should produce the next governor there

this GEJ people have been bastardized by money. they can't think straight again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Subsidy Probe Panel Rejects Valentine Cake From Oil Marketer / Buhari's Victory - The Big Winners & The Big Losers / Can IPOB Assault A ''Tinubu'' in Germany?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.