Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? (7615 Views)

Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? / Atiku Narrowly Wins Edo State With 7849 Votes / Buhari Wins In Osun State With Low Margin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
gomojam:
This is my ranking:

First class. Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, kwara, Kogi ( Okun) Delta (especially the itsekiris) and Lagos state.

Second class. Anambra, Edo (cus of gregyboy hbp grin) Rivers, Kano, Abia, Bornu, Nasarawa grin

Third class. Imo, Bayelsa, Gombe, Kaduna, Ebonyi, Cross River, Akwa ibom.

Ogun locate you for dat your boys cutter wen u dey squat

grin grin

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
gomojam:
This is my ranking:

First class. Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, kwara, Kogi ( Okun) Delta (especially the itsekiris) and Lagos state.

Second class. Anambra, Edo (cus of gregyboy hbp grin) Rivers, Kano, Abia, Bornu, Nasarawa grin

Third class. Imo, Bayelsa, Gombe, Kaduna, Ebonyi, Cross River, Akwa ibom.

grin grin

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Obamaofusa: 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
IamWonderful:
Has Dangote ever win a Nobel prize ever in his life, and what known international award has been given to him? he was made by the corruption of Nigeria, that is why his influence is only his money, he is rich and not wealthy
And his properties can be revoked by Tinubu...kikikikikikiki grin
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
Sammy07:

correct bro.
even my Ondo state will trash whatever list gregyboy is bringing from Edo state.

Nonsense bring out lets compare, even the op is saying rubbish with ogun state

You cant even compare

Captain hosa money with the small adenuga money,
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Obamaofusa: 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
Twutin:
Anambra
lol

Are you talking about Anambra with the highest external debt and the one clinging seriously to the FG feeding bottle to survive or another one from Pluto?

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by ThatFairGuy1: 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
Gregyboy, only one thing caught my attention.

when I saw your lists, the appellation you gave our dear Ekosodin, made me laugh.

You're misleading who doesn't know. Same Ekosodin? grin

Tell them who the residents of Ekosodin really are.
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Obamaofusa: 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2020
osuofia2:
ANAMBRA, THAT STATE EVRY BODY NA MONEY BAGS O, EVERY BODY NA KING.

Don't make people laugh,bro.

Are you talking about Anambra with the highest external debt and the one clinging seriously to the FG feeding bottle to survive or another one from Pluto?

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Obamaofusa: 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Why not proof him wrong? Instead of ranting.

I challenge you to make a formation for Anambra like he did for Ogun.. oya, I hope you accept the challenge.

You can do it, you can also create a thread to counter his formation and tag me.

I will be waiting.

He won't try it.He can only rant.
Ogun state will bloody the nose of Anambra any day,anytime..
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Gregyboy, only one thing caught my attention.

when I saw your lists, the appellation you gave our dear Ekosodin, made me laugh.

You're misleading who doesn't know. Same Ekosodin? grin

Tell them who the residents of Ekosodin really are.

My grandfather cry nonsense
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:57pm On Dec 04, 2020
BrownLondon:

Notable people from Ogun state in various human endeavors..

POLITICS
Olusegun Obasanjo (Sub : Obafemi Awolowo, Yemi Osinbajo, Ernest Shonekan)

EDUCATION
Woke Soyinka (sub : Tai Solarin)

ENTERTAINMENT
Fela Kuti (sub: Wizkid, Olamide, D'banj)

SPORT
Anthony Joshua (sub : Israel Adesanya)

WEALTH
Mike Adenuga (sub : Adebayo Ogunlesi)

BRANDS
GLO (sub : Bet9ja, Bigi, Golden chance Lotto a.k.a baba Ijebu)

also the founder of the African biggest online forum, Nairaland, Seun Osewa is from this state.

can you form something like the above formation from your state to counter this ? I mean a WORTHY formation.

please let's be objective

ANAMBRA

POLITICS
Nnamdi Azikiwe (sub: Alex Ekwueme, Peter Obi, Okadigbo)

EDUCATION
Chinua Achebe (sub: Chimamanda, Soludo)

ENTERTAINMENT
Flavour (Phyno, PSquare)

WEALTH
Arthur Eze (sub: Emeka Ofor)

BRANDS
Innoson (sub: Ibeto, Erisco, Tommy-Tommy, Gofal, etc)

3 Likes

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Obamaofusa: 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dasuks:
Has to be Ogun or Anambra. Two blessed states.

Whether a ranking says Ogun or Anambra shouldn't matter. But then ofc there's the question of the intent of the OP and the commenters to factor.... NL might as well have an age restriction feature. But I doubt that will help.

Blessings to Ogun, Anambra, Osun, Imo, Abia, Ekiti, Ondo, Edo and Oyo. Those states have produced the most for Naija. With regards to bragging rights. Whenever u brag about Nigerian feats. Chances are that the individuals are from the above states.

What about Kwara?
They gave the Yorubas great achievements recently..
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Obamaofusa: 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
gregyboy:

You cant even compare

Captain Hosa or wetin you call am?

Captain Hosa wey no even worth up to 200 million dollars na him you dey compare with Adenuga....kikikkikikikikiki.
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Praxis758: 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
Pls be merciful to him.

You roasted him alive

quote author=lastempero post=96720851]

Eiye
Ayes
Maphites
Baggers na edo natural resources i no want mention ur sisters wey don cast us here[/quote]
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Sammy07: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
gregyboy:

You cant even compare
let's compare Ondo to Edo cheesy
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Captain Hosa or wetin you call am?

Captain Hosa wey no even worth up to 200 million dollars na him you dey compare with Adenuga....kikikkikikikikiki.

Because adenuga is renowned doesn't mean niggas on lowkey are not richer than him

Bro chill carry your adenuga abi glo enter one side

Who e b,

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Praxis758: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
The OP gave category from politics to tourism to education to industrialisation to sport to wealth....

Pls come up with a match in each of those categories from your state.

Mabizela:
OP you are seriously sick and you don't know. how is Ogun state better than The great Anambra state. is there any state in Nigeria that can challenge Anambra in anything. OP how I wish I can locate you and land a heavy knock on that your cone head
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by okeyglm: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Adebayo Ogunlesi does not only own just 1 Airport but 3 airports.

namely

London Gatwick Airport (which he acquired at the sum of 1billion dollars)

Edinburgh Airport in Scotland, and

Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori airport in Italy.

he acquired all these through his company, Global infrastructure partners

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adebayo_Ogunlesi

https://www.gatwickairport.com/business-community/about-gatwick/company-information/ownership-management/
ogbeni, stop peddling lies here. That man doesn't own any airport. The estimated Net Worth of Adebayo O. Ogunlesi is at least $16 Million dollars as of 7 May 2020. Mr. Ogunlesi owns over 5,889 units of Goldman Sachs stock worth over $15,374,383 and over the last 11 years he sold GS stock worth over $0. In addition, he makes $600,257 as Lead Independent Director at Goldman Sachs

https://wallmine.com/people/29361/adebayo-o-ogunlesi
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 10:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
Sammy07:

let's compare Ondo to Edo cheesy

Shall we,

I think i have done that for ondo,

If not for d ondo election who would know that a state like ondo existed in nigeria comparing edo to ondo is the beginning of insanity dont try it bro
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Praxis758: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
In your tribe, so Dangote is the all in all in:

Politics, Education, Entertainment, Industrialisation, Tourism, Sports, Wealth.

I pity you.

Kaduna1stson:
Rubbish !

Only Dangote from the north will put all those paupers up there in his pocket and there will still be space to add tinubu inside the same pocket grin
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Praxis758: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
Exportation from your state to Italy comes to mind.

TooMuchStuff:
When The Heartbeat of the Nation is resting majestically on his throne without looking for anyone troublems.......then boom...kasala don burst..! How can any state compete with the Land of Igodo migodo....EDO STATE ?

Death is without Heartbeat...!
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Sammy07: 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
gregyboy:

Because adenuga is renowned doesn't mean niggas on lowkey are not richer than him

Bro chill carry your adenuga abi glo enter one side

Who e b,

POLITICS
Olu falae
EDUCATION
Best University of tech in Nigeria
best College of education in Nigeria
best university of medical science in Nigeria
ENTERTAINMENT
King Sunny Ade (sub: yemi alade, funmi aragbaye, omotola jalade, small doctor, reekado banks)
SPORT

WEALTH
Mike Ade Ojo (sub: Oba Obateru (richest king in Nigeria)
ACTIVITISM
Gani fawehinmi (sub : Sowore,)

religion
The founder of RCCG and Synagogue church of all nation are from this state.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Sammy07: 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2020
gregyboy:

Shall we,

I think i have done that for ondo,

If not for d ondo election who would know that a state like ondo existed in nigeria comparing edo to ondo is the beginning of insanity dont try it bro

check up
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Praxis758: 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
One Billionaire in the midst of 50 million wretched people is a confirmed paupal.

In your logic, Dangote fills into a successful man in Education (Nobel Prize), Entertainment (Mono, Grammy awards, Sports (WBC, WHC....) Tourism (UNESCO heritage centre), Induatralisation (a geographic industrial hub), Wealth (an aggregate of national wealth), politics (a holder of key national office).

I'm waiting for you to proof how Dangote is your single overall best or one man in the aforementioned categories.

Gabriel004:
Dangote, dangote, after dangote, who else
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by LukasPodolski: 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
okeyglm:

ogbeni, stop peddling lies here. That man doesn't own any airport. The estimated Net Worth of Adebayo O. Ogunlesi is at least $16 Million dollars as of 7 May 2020. Mr. Ogunlesi owns over 5,889 units of Goldman Sachs stock worth over $15,374,383 and over the last 11 years he sold GS stock worth over $0. In addition, he makes $600,257 as Lead Independent Director at Goldman Sachs

https://wallmine.com/people/29361/adebayo-o-ogunlesi
what is wallmine..com? that's not A mainstream media... I'm sorry an information from a failed blog won't be accepted here.

didn't GIP which Adebayo Ogunlesi owned bought London Gatwick Airport or not? Edinburg airport and the other airport in Italy.
https://www.gatwickairport.com/business-community/about-gatwick/company-information/ownership-management/
the above is a link to the ownership information on the official website of London Gatwick Airport.

in 2006, Global infrastructure partners, which Adebayo Ogunlesi owned bought London Gatwick Airport in a deal which costed GIP $1.4B.

the information from the failed blog you cited doesn't add up.
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Mabizela has nothing to counter that other than what they're known best doing just as he did. CHESTBEATING grin
Haven't you seen my rebuttal. a bloody ethnic bigot and an impostor from Damaturu

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by LukasPodolski: 10:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
gregyboy:

Wtf at the first slash
The most renowned University are in edo

Aau(ambrose ali University
Uniben
Fed poly auchi
Biu
Igibinedion University

It shows you are not constant in politics thread
The actual protest started in edo, the viral only started in ugheli not the protest

I said the most applied universities for medicine and law is uniben, you can check that in your spare time

The bolded makes you a tribalst

Edo is not an education hub.
the only flagship University you have is Uniben (which is not even in top 5 best universities in Nigeria)

Ogun has 3 flagship universities;
Covenant (The second best University and the most beautiful in Nigeria.

FUNAAB (the best Agriculture University and one of the most beautiful in Nigeria.

Babcock (the second best private University)

in total Ogun has 15 universities while Edo has 7-8, in essence, Ogun has doubled of what Edo has.

Oyo has two flagship universities;
Unibadan (the premier and best University in Nigeria)
Lautech (the second best state University after Lasu)

Osun has two flagship universities.
OAU and
Bowen

can you see that Ogun, Oyo and Osun are more of an educational hub than Edo?

as for EndSARS, that's not even necessary, it's not an achievement and I don't even know why you brought it up.

Uniben is not the most applied to University in medicine and Law.

the only valid thing here is that Uniben topped Unilorin once, good.

Edo isn't even comparable to Ogun, it's not even close..

I listed extraordinary people, legend in various fields as notable people from Ogun but you were listing featherweight people, average people as notable people in edo.. isn't that wrong?

perhaps compare Edo with Ondo, Kwara, e.t.c

my battery is down, I may not be able to reply your next mention till tomorrow.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
Gabriel004:
Dangote, dangote, after dangote, who else
Dantata.......next......Abdussamad......they can do the same pocketing. lol..
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Sammy07: 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2020
LukasPodolski:

the only flagship University you have is Uniben (which is not even in top 5 best universities in Nigeria)

FUNAAB (the best Agriculture University and one of the most beautiful in Nigeria.

Babcock (the second best private University)

in total Ogun has 15 universities while Edo has 7-8, in essence, Ogun has doubled of what Edo has.

Oyo has two flagship universities;
Unibadan (the premier and best University in Nigeria)
Lautech (the second best state University after Lasu)

OAU and
Bowen

as for EndSARS, that's not even necessary, it's not an achievement and I don't even know why you brought it up.

Edo will struggle to win Ondo or Osun self!
Ondo has two flagship universities.
Best Federal University of tech (Futa)
best university of medical science (Unimed)

Ondo also has best College of education (Adeyemi college of education)

Edo will struggle to win Osun/Ondo talkless of Oyo, Ogun.

let that guy dey yarn dust.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Praxis758: 11:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
Bravo to you guy.

For addition:

Politics: Pa Reuben Fashoranti

Education: Ondo State has the highest winners of bi-annual NLNG winners.

Tourism: Idanre Hill, Owo Palace (largest monarchial palace in Africa),

Entertainment: Sola Shobowale, Ramsey Noah, MO Abudu, Orlando Owo, Simi Akindele Kosoko,

Wealth: Chief Joseph Oladele Sanusi

Activism: Kayode Ajulo, Late Barr. Aturu

Sammy07:

POLITICS
Olu falae
EDUCATION
Best University of tech in Nigeria
best College of education in Nigeria
best university of medical science in Nigeria
ENTERTAINMENT
King Sunny Ade (sub: yemi alade, funmi aragbaye, omotola jalade, small doctor, reekado banks)
SPORT

WEALTH
Mike Ade Ojo (sub: Oba Obateru (richest king in Nigeria)
ACTIVITISM
Gani fawehinmi (sub : Sowore,)

religion
The founder of RCCG and Synagogue church of all nation are from this state.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by Sammy07: 11:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
Praxis758:
Bravo to you guy.

For addition:

Politics: Pa Reuben Fashoranti

Education: Ondo State has the highest winners of bi-annual NLNG winners.

Tourism: Idanre Hill, Owo Palace (largest monarchial palace in Africa),

Entertainment: Sola Shobowale, Ramsey Noah, MO Abudu, Orlando Owo, Simi Akindele Kosoko,

Wealth: Chief Joseph Oladele Sanusi

Activism: Kayode Ajulo, Late Barr. Aturu

Thank you sir.
in addition to tourism

Igbo olodumare (in Oke igbo)
Smoking Hills Golf Course (in ilara mokin)
araromi beach (in Ilaje)
igbokoda water front (Ilaje)

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by okeyglm: 11:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
LukasPodolski:

what is wallmine..com? that's not A mainstream media... I'm sorry an information from a failed blog won't be accepted here.

didn't GIP which Adebayo Ogunlesi owned bought London Gatwick Airport or not? Edinburg airport and the other airport in Italy.
the above is a link to the ownership information on the official website of London Gatwick Airport.

in 2006, Global infrastructure partners, which Adebayo Ogunlesi owned bought London Gatwick Airport in a deal which costed GIP $1.4B.

the information from the failed blog you cited doesn't add up.

una lies has been bursted long ago. you don't want to disgrace ur ancestors more. If you want . I will burst una lie more. The man net worth is not hidden in the Internet.
Oct 3 (Reuters)
GIP, founded in 2006 with backing from General Electric Co and Credit Suisse Group AG, raised $5.6 billion for its first infrastructure fund, targeting assets in the transport, energy, utilities and waste sectors
Re: Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? by gregyboy(m): 11:55pm On Dec 04, 2020
LukasPodolski:

[s]FUNAAB (the best Agriculture University and one of the most beautiful in Nigeria.[/s]

[s]Babcock (the second best private University[/s])

[s]Oyo has two flagship universities;
Unibadan (the premier and best University in Nigeria)[/s]
[s]Lautech (the second best state University after Lasu)[/s]

OAU and
Bowen

[s]I listed extraordinary people, legend in various fields as notable people from Ogun but you were listing featherweight people, average people as notable people in edo.. isn't that wrong?[/s]

Wetin dis one dey talk

Oga stop those rubbish you are saying and the media painting the yoruba schools top

You make me laugh

Covenant is the most beautiful University in nigeria from a yoruba media,

All these yoruba media promoting thier schools unnecessarily , if we are to check the people who complied the list you will find out they are yorubas

Unibadan the best university in nigeria sit down
And tell me why Unibadan is the best university in nigeria Maybe you will start telling me the number of professors unibadan has produced and their strict jamb score that moment i will land you heavy slap on your face, for saying rubbish

Guy comot shit for your eyes i dont follow what the media says because they have been tribalised and severely influenced from every angle

Uniben has as come out the most applied school in jamb so many times,

The first image below shows uniben as the most sort school in nigeria 2013, But the first screenshot only made mention of 2012, errors from bloggers who are really not Enlightened

Bro stop reading from yoruba media outlets because i see you're already misled

Wakeup

We cannot have a good statistics of best universities in nigeria, those list they are giving are for formalities and i dont agree with those list because they are so much influenced, if you're talking about best university remove ibadan from there and put uniben, or else it iss rubbish for me
So if youre talking of best university in nigeria i would rather not debate you because i will never agree with any list you bring up there not even from nuc website i would rather debate on most popular universities

Again are you telling me benson idahosa university didn win finest university when it was established all those universities are new so they are obvious if they are the finest, common sense

Over hyping would not presish yorubas

Those funaab, oau, and the others are not recognized in the east or north, or south south
But i tell you uniben, aau, fedral polythenic auchi
Are more renowned nationally than that yorubanised media schools

Nigga are you talking about quantity which made you say ogun state is an educational hub... Lol

Nigga please am not talking about quantity am talking about quality and popularity which makes edo schools top ogun state media over hyped schools

Second image shows top best private university in nigeria and your Babcock is not second

Third screensot shows the best schools in medcine

Forth screenshot shows best universities in nigeria uniben top the list

I will not debate best universities in nigeria, and i would never support any list anyone present as fact i would rather debate on most applied schools, and most popular, because the statistics from those two can never be influenced

Your last statement made me know you have been blind for a long time and probably you just got your sight yesterday

Pastor Chris is feather weight figure
Victor Oshimen is feather weight figure
Osazee is feather eeight figure
Benson idahosa is feather weight figure
Oba of benin is a feather weight figure

Lol ijebu garri once made you blind, but you decide to keep drinking it now its having your senses too

You should be comparing ogun state with nassarawa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EFCC Probes Audio Tape Alleging Malami’s Interference In Commission’s Activities / Sunday Igboho Begins Negotiation With Beninese Govt Over ‘Health Status’ / Olusegun Obasanjo's Legacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.