Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal (37606 Views)

Maryam Sanda Shouting "Mummy, Mummy" After Death Sentence (Video) / Death Sentence: Maryam Sanda Cries In Court As She Is To Die By Hanging / Corpse Of Bilyamin Muhammed Bello Stabbed To Death By Wife Maryam Sanda (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by fergie001: 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, had in January found Maryam Sanda guilty of killing her husband, Bilyaminu Bello and subsequently sentenced her to death by hanging.

The court of appeal sitting in Abuja has affirmed the death sentence imposed on Maryam Sanda over the death of Bilyamin Mohammed Bello, her husband.

The federal government had arraigned Sanda and three others on a two-count charge bordering on culpable homicide.

She was convicted and sentenced to death by hanging on January 27, 2020, by Yusuf Halilu, the trial judge.

“She should reap what she has sown, for it has been said that ‘thou shall not kill’ and whoever kills in cold blood deserves death as his own reward,” Halilu said.

“Convict also clearly deserves to die, accordingly I hereby sentence Maryam Sanda to death by hanging until she dies.”

Aggrieved by the death sentence, Sanda approached the appellate court seeking to upturn the trial court’s judgment.

In a notice of appeal predicated on 20 grounds, the appellant through her legal team described the judgment of the trial court as “a miscarriage of justice”.

She submitted that the judge relied on circumstantial evidence as there was “lack of confessional statement, absence of murder weapon, lack of corroboration of evidence by two or more witnesses and lack of autopsy report to determine the true cause of her husband’s death.”

She also submitted the trial judge “erred and misdirected himself by usurping the role of the police when he assumed the duty of an investigating police officer (IPO) as contained in page 76 of his judgment…”

But on Friday, the appellate court upheld the death sentence.

The Cable

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Officialgarri: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2020
Congratulations to her... cheesy

If I was her, I would be praying for quick execution than going through emotional pains of counting down the number of days I have left to live and hoping for a miracle that might never come

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Righteousness89(m): 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
This is one of the Most Privileged Death if her eyes of Understanding are open or if she has Spirtually wise Folks around Her..

Very Highly Privileged Death to Die.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by UniqRight: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
This one tough.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by blessmoss: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
ok
Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2020
What a life of sorrow and regrets. anger bad

29 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by XXXXTENTACION: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
This is one of the Most Privileged Death if her eyes of Understanding are open or if she has Spirtually wise Folks around Her..

Very _Privileged_ Death to Die.
Fake and pessimistic pastor. undecided

you don't always preach about good things at allundecided . If its not end of the world it would be _Donald Trump_ or anti-christ and 5g network why not preach about love and respect

now you have moved to death.
so death is now a priviledge ehen. cheesy

Its pastors like you who will preach heaven but are not willing to die.

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by whela(m): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
How is this news.. How does this help anyone.
Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by EyezofGod120: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
If na man kill him wife now dem for don kill him tey tey

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Gwagone: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
Let say a prayer for her

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by lindareep: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
It is well...

Meanwhile, if you chat me up now, I will deliver enlargement gel to your preferred address in Lagos.
The gel is just 5K!
Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by MozB: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
I'm really sorry for her but justice must be served.

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by dkdmy: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
Anger is bad! Her story has become a lesson to everyone. Despite all the riches and affluence, see how her life has ended. #sad

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Sandydayziz(f): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
Well RIP in advance undecided
Pity her family cry

5 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by tillaman(m): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Oh this woman, funny thing is I thought they executed her already though
Any which way I wish her peaceful transition to the After life
Atleast she will get to see her hubby there and who knows they might reconcile and continue their love story

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by cynthia500(f): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
wow I cry for africa
Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by uptimum123(m): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
No rest for the wicked

2 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Judolisco(m): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Na to go supreme court remain, I dey pity d woman especially her little baby, how u Wan take explain give her
Everybody should learn how to control or calm their temper
Fear woman
One was cheating with a married man, one killed him

5 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Ogaga87(m): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
When you feel other people can die and you care not, equally have a taste and come tell us your experience..

Anger is a bastard

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by SILVERLINES: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
I know it from the first day that there will be no escape route for this woman, her late husband was a son to one of the dubious politicians who may go at all costs to find justice for his late son even to bribe the judiciary with money and juicy promotion.

I wish her well

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by SirLiquidGold: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Simple advise to men.

1. Know how temperamental a woman is before making her a wife and mother to your kids.

2. If you can't run away, Kill the enemy before it kills you

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by okedoyinolabisi(f): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Its the kids I pity most ...it's just a messy case

8 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Bodyodour: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Fake and pessimistic pastor. undecided

you don't always preach good things at all.

so death is now a priviledge ehen. cheesy

Its pastors like you who will pre
Lol . He is talking about repentance

14 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by okoIYAyin(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Very Privileged Death to Die.

Really? Tell me more sad undecided

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Surprising this is still lingering.

It is/was an open and shut case.

7 Likes

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
they will have to move it to life in prison ....

1 Like

Re: Maryam Sanda's Death Sentence Affirmed By Court Of Appeal by Neurotika: 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
The anticipation of death is worse than death itself....

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Woman Ernest Hotel In Lagos / Man Trying To Commit Suicide At Jakande, Lagos (Photos) / Kidnappers Of Police Officer In Ogun Caught, Stripped Unclad By Police (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.