Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets (21628 Views)

Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track / Rail Passengers’ Revenue Rises To N435.97 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by COMPAQ(m): 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2020
Aconomist:
Nigerians don't think sha. They should be using the airline pricing model where first class tickets are used to subsidize the coach tickets. Rich people will pay any amount for comfort on the train... so charge them 10,000 naira so you can make the coach tickets 500 -- 1,000 naira.

Monkey people.

Why this doesn’t work is that the rich can easily put their Prado on the road for a short trip like Lagos to Ibadan. The distance is not really that long. On the other hand people typically fly because it’s along distance not easily covered by road.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Aconomist: 8:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
COMPAQ:

Why this doesn’t work is that the rich can easily put their Prado on the road for a short trip like Lagos to Ibadan. The distance is not really that long. On the other hand people typically fly because it’s along distance not easily covered by road.
You make no sense. Lagos is notorious for traffic jams.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by yahmohy27: 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ade3131:
Rail travel is supposed to be the cheapest considering the number of people a train can convey at a trip. If it now cost more to travel by rail compared to road travels, I guess they're gonna experience low patronage unless there's gridlock on the Lagos -Ibadan highway
Probably, thats what they want so that it will be only for them(politicians)..Since they can't directl tell us to to leave it for them ,I guess with this high fare every poor individual will be left with no choice to go by road

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by morgstreme: 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2020
MhisTahrah:
The federal government will milk Nigerians dry eventually. And it's not like the train even makes sense like that. undecided undecided

The train is as standard as any you can get in Europe..

Pls try and travel out for once in your life before you leave this world..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by sulaak(m): 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ade3131:
Rail travel is supposed to be the cheapest considering the number of people a train can convey at a trip. If it now cost more to travel by rail compared to road travels, I guess they're gonna experience low patronage unless there's gridlock on the Lagos -Ibadan highway

Rail travel is only cheap if the government subsidies it. I live in the UK and peak time Rail travel is more expensive than the road.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2020
Aconomist:
You make no sense. Lagos is notorious for traffic jams.

The guy made a very sensible observation. Your point is very senseless just like the Minister and his advisers. Is the train going to pick first class and business class passengers at home to avoid the notorious Lagos Traffic jams? People at Ajah, Lekki , VI, Epe, Ojodu, Ikorodu - Ketu axis will fly to railway station to pay 6K to travel to Ibadan.

This is a failed project already and the Minister is still requesting hundreds of Million of dollars for the project.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
sulaak:

Rail travel is only cheap if the government subsidies it. I live in the UK and peak time Rail travel is more expensive than the road.

Which railway are you talking about? Is it the metro line serving greater London and other parts? Is it the same with Amaechi / Chinese railway sytem deals.

Lagos Ibadan by car is about one hour journey. You expect somebody to face Lagos traffic to railway station to pay 6K for first class. They are jokers. Only government officials who are on tourist visit can pay such.

On second thought, RCCG Holy Ghost Service Friday , Congress and MFM programs can force few people to travel by train at that cost.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Aconomist: 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2020
babaolofin:

The guy made a very sensible observation. Your point is very senseless just like the Minister and his advisers. Is the train going to pick first class and business class passengers at home to avoid the notorious Lagos Traffic jams? People at Ajah, Lekki , VI, Epe, Ojodu, Ikorodu - Ketu axis will fly to railway station to pay 6K to travel to Ibadan.

This is a failed project already and the Minister is still requesting hundreds of Million of dollars for the project.
O.K, but as I understand it, the train will also carry cargo and be linked to apapa. If that it the case, it will help evacuate cargo from the port and help ease the traffic in that area. So it is not a failed project.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by lamstands(m): 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2020
Like seriously this government love creating hardship. They want to kill us all
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:35pm On Dec 05, 2020
Why is it cheaper in the north ? Nepotism is the bane of this useless government of Mr Buhari
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by richeeyo(m): 1:27am On Dec 06, 2020
illicit:
I remember I boarded from Ilorin to Lagos at 600 or so in 2013....
Bro I swear
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by munezo(m): 1:45am On Dec 06, 2020
This is too expensive. Economy price should not be more than N1,500.

I prefer to go by bus.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by EgunMogaji2: 2:37am On Dec 06, 2020
Aconomist:
O.K, but as I understand it, the train will also carry cargo and be linked to apapa. If that it the case, it will help evacuate cargo from the port and help ease the traffic in that area. So it is not a failed project.

Of course it’s not a failed project.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by mailemy(m): 11:36am On Dec 06, 2020
lozanni:
I am surprised at the above high charges, which are patterned after the Abuja-Kaduna rail line fares.
Travel time from Abuja to Kaduna is about 3 hours by road, while from Lagos to Ibadan should not be more than 1 hour 15 minutes, on a good day.
The above difference in time means that the rail trip from Lagos-Ibadan ought to be cheaper.
I wonder what others think about this.

Our leaders can be pathetic,what business activity is happening in Ibadan and how much would they make to cover up for the cost. Why not make the rail way Lagos to East.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Richie77: 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
It's unfortunate we have bad leaders in Nigeria. They just want to milk us dry at any slight opportunity . Train ticket wasn't expensive in U.K and other developed countries . Anyway, from Toll gate to Lagos by road is still N500 and from Berger over bridge to Iwo road is still N700. Let the Empty train keep moving . Apart from safety and reduced rate of accident, I see no reason for the hype.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Abdogood(m): 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
Who go enter go still enter. Our road is till very safe. There are different route you can follow to get to Lagos-Ibadan.

Train for the Elite by the Elite.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by gomol: 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2020
the only reasons people will pay this high to board the train are if road is bad or insecurity on that route
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by DisGuy: 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
Even if it gets only 25% traffic off the road that's a success for me!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truck Driver Crushes Man To Death While Reversing / How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria / Vehicular Movement Through Kabba In Kogi State Is Almost Impossible Right Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.