Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment (45201 Views)

Femi Kuti: “I Used To Smoke Before I Chose To Live Smoke Free” / Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter / "Haters Will Say I Didn’t Go To Gym" - Ini Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by wale377(m): 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
Femi Kuti, who is one of the sons of fela anikulapo kuti has revealed that his father used him as a lab rat to test the importance of tertiary education.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Q31SMq_as

Why Fela did not send me to school – Femi Kuti

Afrobeat musician, Femi Kuti, has opened up on the reason his father, Afrobeat legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti never gave him sound education.

He said Fela never sent him to school because he wanted to use him as an experiment, to prove that he could be successful without acquiring education.

He said this recently in an interview with presenters of Your View, an all-female talk show on TVC.

According to him, though Fela was great, he had his faults, one of which was his refusal to send him to school, an experiment he believes was very risky.

“Yes Fela was great. But Fela did have faults. But one of the faults is that Fela wanted to use me as an experiment. His excuse was that I would be successful without going to school.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/12/05/why-fela-did-not-send-me-to-school-femi-kuti/amp/

17 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by kktbm: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
Well, what might work for someone might not work for you.

If it’s like that, MC oluomo will not send his children to America to study, instead he will have allow them to take over NURTW

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Pierocash(m): 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2020
But look at how that experiment paid off for you. You could have ended up like one professor nothing without one single recognition .

Thanks to baba fela the one that has death in his pocket

184 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2020
Baba fela is never wrong

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by mariahAngel(f): 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2020
He might not have gone to school but he's educated.

247 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by kktbm: 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2020
mariahAngel:

Boss you too wise abeggg

158 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Amotolongbo(f): 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ko si bi e se fa gbo to
E o le fa gbo to Baba Fela

Gbes
Olorun

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by ikorodureporta: 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2020
Not going to school is also affecting him, despite the musical success.
School wld have made him a radical

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by techmo(m): 6:41pm On Dec 05, 2020
cool

Fela is an Oxford University graduate, and he made his kid learn his music trade instead of a going to a University.

Now Femi is a Grammy nominated artist with many hits, instead of a jobless graduate

243 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by SAMBARRY: 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2020
cheesy
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by PCG001: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
tɦɛռ, աɦʏ ʏօʊ ռօ ċɦaʟʟɛռɢɛ aʍ ɮɛʄօʀɛ ɦɛ ɖɨɛɖ❓❓undecided

13 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by kambili999(f): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
Well, education pays some people and it doesn't pay some people

But fela must have been a very troublesome man o grin

17 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Uyi168: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
U are doing well today..
The conventional school system is not really worth it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by ForBestDesigns(m): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
It is well

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by BigSarah(f): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
Atleast you’re better off than most who did go

6 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Whiteshield: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
Who school epp? After all, PhD holders were part of the applicants for Dangote trailer driver jobs.

To book Femi Kuti for a show, he only flies minimum of a Business class and as at 10 years ago, his fee was 5M, payable in full, in advance.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Kwamecron(m): 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
Good one...

Was it a successful experience?

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by merits(m): 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
See what I.P.OB leada looks like now.i mean bloda cownu.if you know you know.

15 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Godsown0: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
kktbm:
Well, what might work for someone might not work for you.

If it’s like that, MC oluomo will not send his children to America to study, instead he will have allow them to take over NURTW
And how does nurtw and music relates? Try use small sense na i know u still have dem upstairs

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by sammysneh(m): 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
You are already reaping the benefits now

School cast for this country, you make a right career part

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by HerMajestyCares(f): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
You are still lucky man,

Because even the ones that went to school in Nigeria are still Jobless because of bad Leaders whose only interest is how to embezzle Money.

That is why I will keep thanking God For making me come from a Wealthy Home.
I thank Jesus its Weekend cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by sanity12(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
Education is Important, I am not saying until u acquire PHD grin...It gives u lot of opportunities

10 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by richfriendsng: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Meanwhile, let me expand your business this festive period to receive orders from many state,
Let me take it to a digital level via ecommerce.
Very very affordable, quote me or chat me to get your own

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Uyi168: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
mariahAngel:
Very learned!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by alomeda600(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
torqque7:
Hello guys

So my Aunty works in the civil service and years ago when she applied for the job, she filled in a wrong date of birth only to findout latter on that she is alot younger than what she actually filled and this will mean her retiring earlier than she actually should. so please how can this be corrected urgently pls ?
Zobo tutu
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Mayng01(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bose Ogulu Dismisses Uju Stella's Pregnancy Claims For Burna Boy / Obituary: Victor Olaotan's Funeral Arrangements (Photos) / Peter Okoye To Seun Kuti: You Have Erased Your Father's History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.