Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment (45192 Views)

Femi Kuti: “I Used To Smoke Before I Chose To Live Smoke Free” / Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter / "Haters Will Say I Didn’t Go To Gym" - Ini Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Bestinstinct(m): 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2020
Lawliet:
He may had been more successful with education but anyway...
Education goes beyond four walls of a classroom ma’am
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by SolarEdge: 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2020
Good for you
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by emapeteum(m): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2020
Whiteshield:
Who school epp? After all, PhD holders were part of the applicants for Dangote trailer driver jobs.

To book Femi Kuti for a show, he only flies minimum of a Business class and as at 10 years ago, his fee was 5M, payable in full, in advance.
I don't think so. Femi would not have been successful if he had not come from a prominent family. Though education does not equal to success but is very important for individual growth and the nation at large

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Brunicekid(m): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2020
mariahAngel:
He might not have gone to school but he's educated.
NAA SO, HE IS ENLIGHTENED!!

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2020
My question to Femi Kuti is that, did the experiment paid off or not? Many graduates are so useless to themselves as some cannot even boast of a room and parlour building of their own
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by jaxxy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
merits:
See what I.P.OB leada looks like now.i mean bloda cownu.if you know you know.

If a white person did even half of this 2u now u will shout racist!!!

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by jrusky(m): 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
Pls I need more details about this topic. Everybody forget to ask Femi is he saying he never in his life goes to school or he went to school but did not attended any University? Because its 2 different thing.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Sulogy2255: 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
This really sound funny to me grin : grin
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Siberia01(m): 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2020
cool
yeah...
True..
what's the use of education..

but the same African animals will flood Dubai as heaven

just to go and see what science and technology
has done there...

I just wish they could make a nuclear weapons to wipe out the entire black race.......

what's the definition of success to a black man?

house
cars
wife's

that's all...

the day
poor blacks started monetizing education..
I knew It was over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by tsagir(m): 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2020
PLS.WHERE (WEBSITE) I CAN GET FELA MUSIC ?
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by laiperi: 12:28am On Dec 06, 2020
Education is not to get you rich or famous. It is to develop and challenge your mental faculty.

Did Femi gain admission to any university and Fela refused to pay or dragged him out of school?

Olodo must stop lying on their parents

Tony Benson also refused to go to school and played at Caban Bamboo with his father, Bobby.

Tony thought he had something to inherit until fight broke our with his siblings. His uncle TOS Benson told them to take the building with them since he owned the land.

Femi got lucky. Children of the rich always blame their parents.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Syman028: 12:28am On Dec 06, 2020
Alaye u don't have father! Because he have bad roll model imagine wearing ordinary pant on a stage with big India hemp in his hand ���
FELA get kolo
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by SKINDOGGY: 12:29am On Dec 06, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Ko si bi e se fa gbo to
E o le fa gbo to Baba Fela

Gbes
Olorun

I no dy understand yoruba but when I saw baba fela I had to click like cheesy
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 06, 2020
totalhouse:

This contradicts what fela said about you sir. When he was asked in one of the interviews he granted during his lifetime about why you didn't go to school, he said you are a dullard.... I am sure the clips of the interview are in the public space

Correct. According to Fela, he had nothing to do with Femi not getting an education. Fela said Femi never consulted him about the decision to leave school. Fela had no idea Femi had learnt the saxophone to a high proficiency. Fela said he came in to play at the shrine one day and when the horn section came out he saw Femi lined up with them. Fela said he asked Femi what he was up to and Femi said he was done with school. Fela was not particularly enamored by the decision but said he was impressed by the proficiency Femi had acquired on the sax on his own behind Fela's back and so decided to support him in the decision with some hesitation. People around Fela criticized him for not putting his foot down and sending Femi back to school. Fela however said he didn't kick hard because Femi was not doing well in school anyway. And by the way Femi was on stage at the old shrine when Fela was saying this. Femi who won't play Fela's music has always had an issues with Fela's legacy. Femi is envious and feels inadequate beside Fela. That is why Seun is the one leading Fela's Egypt 80.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by AbooUthaymeen(m): 5:53am On Dec 06, 2020
aribisala0:
If you have the time and resources children are better educated at home. Many people get miseducated in Nigerian schools

How many people pass WAEC or JAMB first time?

I really buy the idea of homeschooling, but the issue I fear is, other than going to school for education, you also learn how to deal with people of your level. If a child doesn't go to such setting won't it affect exposure?
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Adakintroy: 6:27am On Dec 06, 2020
Pierocash:
But look at how that experiment paid off for you. You could have ended up like one professor nothing without on single recognition .

Thanks to baba fela the one that has death in his pocket

He was not a success in his own right. Just that the name fela if you put it next to anyname will boast it.

Apart from bang bang bang..I just de go music, I don't know anything he sang about. Do you.?
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2020
grin
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by kareemkamil(m): 8:00am On Dec 06, 2020
Well, Baba Fela, might have seen education is advance another slaves trade concept. Black man cant for one's think innovatively.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Pierocash(m): 8:22am On Dec 06, 2020
Adakintroy:

He was not a success in his own right. Just that the name fela if you put it next to anyname will boast it.

Apart from bang bang bang..I just de go music, I don't know anything he sang about. Do you.?
there is nobody in any paid employment that can compare his achievement to that of Femi kuti in this Country,both financially, and in social capital.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by PAQ(m): 9:01am On Dec 06, 2020
Fortunately Fela's experiment was a success! Everything you are is owed to your father.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Yoighaman(m): 9:03am On Dec 06, 2020
sanity12:
Education is Important, I am not saying until u acquire PHD grin...It gives u lot of opportunities

Of course FEMI knows this; that was why he termed it a VERY RISKY EXPERIMENT.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by aribisala0(m): 9:48am On Dec 06, 2020
AbooUthaymeen:

I really buy the idea of homeschooling, but the issue I fear is, other than going to school for education, you also learn how to deal with people of your level. If a child doesn't go to such setting won't it affect exposure?
Formal school in not the only or necessarily the best place to learn interpersonal skills and in many schools especially elite ones it probably miseducates kids in that respect.

This aspect of education is available on the street, in church, mosque and many other places. The key part of that is CULTURE learning our indigenous culture which is demonized in our schools. Learning Yoruba , Edo Igbo etc culture and interpersonal skills does not happen in schools. Instead kids are learning to be fake Americans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Adakintroy: 10:16am On Dec 06, 2020
Pierocash:
there is nobody in any paid employment that can compare his achievement to that of Femi kuti in this Country,both financially, and in social capital.

What do you mean nobody.?. As in nobody. Have you gone round all the paid establishment. From tech, bank to oil. Seriously?. You just want put me for talk

Anyhow I was just trying to establish a point which was. The name fela" gave him a strong boast in Nigeria. Not taking from his inpute. Just like the name Mandela would support his children or "Marin Luther". No shame in it.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Pierocash(m): 11:35am On Dec 06, 2020
Adakintroy:

What do you mean nobody.?. As in nobody. Have you gone round all the paid establishment. From tech, bank to oil. Seriously?. You just want put me for talk

Anyhow I was just trying to establish a point which was. The name fela" gave him a strong boast in Nigeria. Not taking from his inpute. Just like the name Mandela would support his children or "Marin Luther". No shame in it.
the name fela didn't give him anything,it is the skill of music imparted on him by fela that gave him the recognition. Amongst all fela's children, he is the most recognized, and most successful.

No employee anywhere in Nigeria attained the level of recognition he has ,if there is any,we could have known them
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by GEEBITE: 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2020
[Stop overstating facts. Fela was never at Oxford ,infact none of the Kutis(Olikoye,Trinity Dublin and Beko Covemtry&Manchester) studied there. Fela studied at Trinity College of Music London after he opted out of studying medicine after passing his A'levels.
techmo:
cool

Fela is an Oxford University graduate, and he made his kid learn his music trade instead of a going to a University.

Now Femi is a Grammy nominated artist with many hits, instead of a jobless graduate

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by GEEBITE: 1:46pm On Dec 06, 2020
Not true sir. Femi was in class four at Baptist Academiy when he dropped out as a result of teachers victimisation. When he came home with complaints,the father threw a sax at him and told him to educate himself with that. Fela is protective of his children externally and will never use that kind of word dullard .
totalhouse:

This contradicts what fela said about you sir. When he was asked in one of the interviews he granted during his lifetime about why you didn't go to school, he said you are a dullard.... I am sure the clips of the interview are in the public space
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by GEEBITE: 1:49pm On Dec 06, 2020
[What of the 1995 monster hit wonder that fetched him
a Grammy nomination. Fela was alive to witness the glory. Please try to get yourself inundated with his music..He is a performing artist not a studio one. quote author=Adakintroy post=96777141]

Apart from bang bang bang..I just de go music, I don't know anything he sang about. Do you.?[/quote]
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by torqque7(m): 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
[quote author=Whiteshield post=96766671]

She will be retiring earlier. She didn't make a mistake, she only wants to fraudulently reduce her age to stay longer in service.
The day she tries to correct it, her file will be bookmarked and she may even be kicked out before her time. [/quote

Unfortunately it may seem that way because that is how the average nigerian thinks,fraud up and down but inspite of this,there are honest people who just happen to have unfortunate events happen to them.Her primary school cert carried her real age but she used a pen to add more years to it cos according to her she didnt want people to look at her like a small girl then cos she has a small stature and was always bullied sadly.

I once heard of a guy that armed robbers came to robb his neighbors and his neighbour was shouting his name to come to his aid and he was just in bed with his wife in his boxer shorts alone and after convincing his wife to let him go help his neighbors he went out like that not knowing the police where already on their way while the robbers escapped.The police saw him from afar and shot him dead instantly saying he was an armed robber,how can a robber come for robbery in boxer shorts and want to robb his next door neighbor without wearing a mask?so my point is some people get into unfortunate events that make them seem guilty of something whearas its just a complicated misunderstanding.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Adakintroy: 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
Pierocash:
the name fela didn't give him anything,it is the skill of music imparted on him by fela that gave him the recognition. Amongst all fela's children, he is the most recognized, and most successful.

No employee anywhere in Nigeria attained the level of recognition he has ,if there is any,we could have known them

First you said no employee "earn. Now you saying no employee has the recognition.

Ogar please jor.

He did ok. by the music and talent he was giving. But the genre of music creat by his father is one percular to fela for a start. Only fela was identify with afro beat. If that is the case. The man is already walking on a red carpet laid down by his father. So what is there the name fela. It an embodiment of many things.

I did not take away from his achievement. Am just saying he would not be recognize half as much as he is now ifnot for his father paving the way. That's like fani kayode in politics without his father name. It is a boost like it or not. A boast.

Nothing wrong admitting it.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Adakintroy: 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
Pierocash:

First you said no employee "earn. Now you saying no employee has the recognition.

Ogar please jor.

He did ok. by the music and talent he was giving. But the genre of music creat by his father is one percular to fela for a start. Only fela was identify with afro beat. If that is the case. The man is already walking on a red carpet laid down by his father. So what is there the name fela. It an embodiment of many things.

I did not take away from his achievement. Am just saying he would not be recognize half as much as he is now if not for his father paving the way. That's like fani kayode in politics without his father name. It is a boost like it or not. A boast.

Nothing wrong admitting it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Segun Ogungbe With His Two Wives On His Birthday (Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Skinny Paul Okoye In Baggy Jeans / Mercy Johnson And Prince Odi Okojie Look Lovely Together In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.