Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students (80072 Views)

BREAKING: FG Postpones Jan. 18, 2021 School Resumption Indefinitely / UNILAG To Screen New Students For Hard Drugs, Vows To Withdraw Admission If … / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Madeu(m): 11:01am On Dec 06, 2020
StagethemTVee:
That's average 4 million for a degree. Not bad
Really not bad. Same Nigerians that can spend 3 million naira for a day wedding with no Return of investment ( ROI). One can't quantify the exposure, studying in an organized environment and getting your degree faster with unnecessary time wasting and mental pressure.

8 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Moganajoe: 11:03am On Dec 06, 2020
edoairways:

Jealousy non good, ASUU has been on strike for months yet those kids at Cu should be preparing for exams. You should be ashamed because these guys get juicy position not necessary because of connections but because they are equipped. Most employers prefer be of their skills and age on their side. Am very sure when ASUU call off their strike,many students who had missed full 9 calendar months would be rushed within few days. If care is not taken,they may merge them with new intake.

Why Belle de pain u for de matter na? The guy only asked question, how many of the church members can afford the fees? It's important, question because the school was built from tithe of the church members.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by BusinessCity: 11:05am On Dec 06, 2020
The Business Hub is an enterprenual and business team of " 10 CONTENT WRITERS " working onboard a project to establish a chain of business ventures through a working from home-styled participation.

We seek more individuals to take up positions on our team and like you to consider participation.

We are looking for interested and willing persons to be a part of this team.

Your roles will be to write articles & produce a variety of them

You'll be trained to meet up with the necessary roles that's required of you.

You'll learn new insights, skills & ideas that will prove inestimable to you even after this project.

Remuneration is 1 Million Naira payable at the end of the engagement.

If you like to participate, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thanks for reading

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by DaRuud(m): 11:05am On Dec 06, 2020
oflagosgeng:
Covenant University 2020/2021 school fee for new students can be found in the image below.

Paying #970,00+ to study Mass Communication , Estate Management , Biology ,. . . . Is just a pure waste of money

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Reference(m): 11:07am On Dec 06, 2020
edoairways:

ASUU SHOULD HELP STOP THIS EXPLOITATION
�������

On Postgraduate Courses and Thesis Defence in Nigerian Universities - A thread:

"We had to pay hotel bills for the members of the panel. You could also offer sex, if your supervisor is the devil's apprentice. Transport money inclusive."
- Erdoo N.

"I decided I'd never have anything else to do with Nigerian universities, the day I saw people defending their masters dissertation presenting coolers of rice, garden eggs and crates of drinks to their supervisors. I legit thought someone was getting married."
- Bibian U.

"We we're told we'd pay 60k each, for both entertainment and logistics of external supervisor."
-Chiamaka O.

"We spent the night prior to my mother's defense at the University of Ilorin, cooking coolers of rice with assorted meat for the lecturers."
- Omekagu.

We fed the whole department.
Paid a prior fee of 2k.
Still gave supervisor gift. This same supervisor then came on one of my Facebook posts to say how I'm too opinionated to get married. I blocked him for my peace of mind. I don't have strength."
- Sylvia E.

"My husband was so frustrated by his Uniuyo supervisor for this, that he abandoned his MBA and finally got it from a UK university without any sort of bribery."
- Uche N.

"In ESUT, students have to buy brand new suits for their supervisors."
- Udeh O.

"Envelopes filled with money. Hotel bills. Payment to the school. External supervisor's fee. The mental stress.
Ah! The only reason I'm still doing it is because I've come too far to stop. After Master's, I'll never do anything school in this country again. Never!"
- Bello A.

"Some departments will even provide you with a menu and list of people you'll feed on the day of your thesis defense.
I nearly wept for my friend, when one non-teaching staff started dragging her because meat had finished."
- Esther A.

"Ordinary B.Sc project I defended, mh supervisor collected a bag of rice. On the defense day, we went to an eatery and bought food and drinks for all the supervisors in the hall."
- Harrison P.

"The money I spent on my supervisor was enough to buy a piece of land in GRA.

-A bottle of special nonalcoholic wine and MTN airtime worth 1.5k for "consultation" before he approved my topic.
-Two months DSTV premium subscription...

-N5000 for every chapter I took to him for vetting. Except Chapter 4 - he made me pay 20k for it because, "all my project students knows I do it better."

-The day of defence, we(a group of about 15 students) paid 2k each for food and transport fare."
-Odichi R.

"We paid 40k each for 'refreshment' and 'honorarium' during internal defence. We are also going to replicate that amount, if not more, during external the defence."
- Ịhụnanya A.

"For BSc project defense we contributed money to feed the supervisors."
-Oreva E.

"My project topic was originally on aquatic snails.

My supervisor said I should bring some snails to his house, not even the aquatic snails that I was supposed to be working on. I bought half a bag of land snails for him.

A week later, he changed my topic to Catfish and demanded that I buy some catfish and and bring them to his house for inspection. I had to do it. I wish he'd asked for rice and drinks, like my colleagues were asked. If have spent less money."
- Ruth D.

"The best thing I ever did for my life and mental health was to abandon my Master's program halfway. My blood pressure was always high. They killed my zeal to study and do research. Nigerian universities? God forbid!"
- Ene P.

"I abandoned my Master's program because my supervisor wanted to have sex with me. I told him I'm a married woman. He said and I quote, "That's even better! I like them married. If anything happens, we'll both keep our mouths shut." No one listened to my report.
- Annie U.

“And Postgraduate students do multiple defenses - proposal, internal and faculty defense, then the very almighty external defense. Multiple seminars too

And refreshment is served in ALL

I swear, MSc/PHD in Nigeria was the most challenging thing I've done in my life so far”
Please share among your contacts and groups to bring sanity into the higher Institutions in our country.

If this is real then prisons in this country should be filled with the so called academia. But then won't the entire system collapse?. Without restructuring Nigeria is going no where. Thus country is on the precipice...
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by jaxxy(m): 11:08am On Dec 06, 2020
nwakibie3:

Have you seen a CU graduate searching for job?

Yes like every other graduate. Hussling.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by CodeTemplar: 11:16am On Dec 06, 2020
kudinkarfe:
Only Engineers will pay million plus and when you graduate there's no place to practice.
Yes. Not everybody will need a place to practice. Somebody started the saturated places of today it is never bad for you to start the places of tomorrow.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by CodeTemplar: 11:19am On Dec 06, 2020
Flexherbal:
That school is built for top politicians and businessmen.

Oga there are scholarship schemes for the others too. Asides scholarship, people go there and one thing leads to another for them until graduation.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by smatjr(m): 11:22am On Dec 06, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Yet we're ungrateful for what Nigeria has done for us.

Federal universities cost not more than 50k. Yet we say this country has given us nothing.

Did you know that Americans borrow "student loans" to pay more than this covenant school fees just to attend university. Many of them never pay their loans back fully till death.

Yet we finish school, get government job and still refuse to resume early to work or attend to our fellow citizens unless they give us bribe.

It's not the country, it's the people.
Exactly.. what makes Nigeria is Nigerians, its not the place its we the people

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by foreshore(m): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:
Glorified secondary school.

Pay such huge amout to learn nothing and obtain printed paper certificate. Reason they dash all of them first class and 2:1 while they go outside to fumble.
How many of their church members can even afford this??

Instead of you to confess that you don't have the money and can never have the money. If your child who went to a state university and another child that went to covenant university stands for a job, it is obvious the covenant university graduate will be preferred than yours that attended a state university. The obvious reason is the quality of learning between the two graduates. So wise up and make money to be able to pay as those people that send their children to covenant do. Do you think they don't have sense or just wants to waste money?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by CodeTemplar: 11:26am On Dec 06, 2020
Toks2008:
I laugh seeing these crazy fees charged by an institution that has little or no influence on your success after graduating...

It is not the school that determines the quality of the graduates but it is how good an individual is.

A brilliant smart school drop out can achieve better in life than a redundant harvard graduate.

Statistics have shown that graduates of public universities do better in life than products of private unis regardless of the huge charges by the latter.

Ironically covenant University still ranks below Uniben, unilag and OAU so why the hype?
This your comment points to inferiority complex. Who said the fee will guaranty you a bright future? Or where is it written that education must guarantee a better future? The model of the school is meant to achieve certain things and the administrators know how that's going.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by CodeTemplar: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2020
tophumble:
Why will someone pay as much as 937,500.00 to go and study marketing in the University, just go to Emeka's shop in Onisha and u will become a full fledged marketer

I move
The thing tire me too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by CodeTemplar: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2020
azpekuliar:

Some of the stellar FINTECH apps on your phone like Piggyvest were created by graduates of Covenant University. But how will you know, when you probably spent 7 years studying Marketing in LAUTECH-Ogbomosho.

Lol . . Marketting in a University of Tech ?
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by overseasnbeyond: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2020
oflagosgeng:
Covenant University 2020/2021 school fee for new students can be found in the image below.

This is not bad.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by itubaba001: 11:53am On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:

Pay such huge amout to learn nothing and obtain printed paper certificate. Reason they dash all of them first class and 2:1 while they go outside to fumble.
why not pray a simple poverty rejection prayer asap.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by itubaba001: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2020
[quote author=flokii post=96772123]Glorified secondary school.

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by nwakibie3(m): 11:54am On Dec 06, 2020
OOzz:

We know ur type. The thing pain u wella. Private uni graduates are always dumb - just like you.
Argue with ur father

You failed the question again.

OLODO
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Slimqueen(f): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
why are all attacking flokii? it is the obvious truth.
how can you own a school and majority of ur own church members can not afford it.
ur own members who are behind the existence of that school cus no offering means no money for some pastors. u wallow in poverty yet u enrich the life of a pastor who doesn't even put you in consideration. Then u attack fast thinkers like Flokii and a few others and complain you are tired of life. abegii angrywhy are all attacking flokii? it is the obvious truth.
how can you own a school and majority of ur own church members can not afford it.
ur own members who are behind the existence of that school cus no offering means no money for some pastors. u wallow in poverty yet u enrich the life of a pastor who doesn't even put you in consideration. Then u attack fast thinkers like Flokii and a few others and complain you are tired of life. abegii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Themandator: 11:58am On Dec 06, 2020
flokii:

A cross examination of this your comment will definitely see you fumbling.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Slimqueen(f): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
This is not bad.
really?
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Jaqenhghar: 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
edoairways:

I did my research moreover I don't attend winners chapel or any church
Cool. Knowing my country and how positions are given, I am more inclined to believe that most of those guys got their posts because of who they know rather than what they know
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by RALPHOW(m): 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
Slimqueen:
why are all attacking flokii? it is the obvious truth.
ur own members who are behind the existence of that school cus no offering means no money for some pastors. u wallow in poverty yet u enrich the life of a pastor who doesn't even put you in consideration. Then u attack fast thinkers like Flokii and a few others and complain you are tired of life. abegii angrywhy are all attacking flokii? it is the obvious truth.
ur own members who are behind the existence of that school cus no offering means no money for some pastors. u wallow in poverty yet u enrich the life of a pastor who doesn't even put you in consideration. Then u attack fast thinkers like Flokii and a few others and complain you are tired of life. abegii

Lazy youth, when and where did you carried out research that winner's members can not attend the schools? ASSUMPTIONS.

Research shows non of the FAITH ACADEMY (SECONDARY SCHOOLS) AND KINGDOM HERITAGE (PRIMARY SCHOOL) ARMS have less than 80% WINNERS.

ALSO IN COVENANT UNIVERSITY WINNERS MEMBERS ARE AROUND 60%
If you carry out the research and find less come out with proofs..
LAZY / LIAR YOUTH.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
Toks2008:

A faceless forum like this breeds ignorance. You don't know me so please stop ranting about someone been poor or making money and focus on the topic.

With all the hype, OAU, uniben and unilag ranks above it but as you rightly said, it is all about choice.

Shame on you son!
How old is your OAU, Univen etc?

How old is Covenant?

Na poverty mentality go kill some people

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by mathong: 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
If you can't afford Lamborghini pls go for Toyota!

Life has choices despite the imbalances!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by COMPAQ(m): 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
ednut1:
is it public universities with lecturers using same notes since 2010 that are not glorified secondary schools smh. Go to LinkedIn and see where products of private uni are. The creators of paystack were private uni graduates. No be by private or public university. Both are kuku sub standard

No mind am. 70% of the new intakes by Shell in the last 5 years or so in their finance department have been from Covenant. And the rest mainly from private universities. So if you like be castigating them, but their products are obviously deemed better than public university products.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by tellsblinks(m): 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2020
Toks2008:
I laugh seeing these crazy fees charged by an institution that has little or no influence on your success after graduating...

It is not the school that determines the quality of the graduates but it is how good an individual is.

A brilliant smart school drop out can achieve better in life than a redundant harvard graduate.

Statistics have shown that graduates of public universities do better in life than products of private unis regardless of the huge charges by the latter.

Ironically covenant University still ranks below Uniben, unilag and OAU so why the hype?

Bless you sir
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Toks2008(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2020
divinecode101:

Shame on you son!
How old is your OAU, Univen etc?

How old is Covenant?

Na poverty mentality go kill some people

Who this one dey call son?

You know my age?

You must be in your late 60s before you could accidentally have me as a son in your teenage years. Please take your time.

Enjoy your Sunday Grandpa

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Dizzyrascal(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2020
hollah123:
what u don't understand is that students of private university are majorly from rich homes so their parents establish them immediately after school,u hardly see them hustling dirty.
if u can pay 1m as tuition fee it won't b a big deal to establish d child with 5m
you are correct!!!
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Flytime: 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
onyechez:

Oxford, Yale and the likes are prestigious universities, the funds are secondary not primary because they are other requirements from applicants especially for starters in B.SC and others.
they're other universities abroad that's affordable better ranking than all the universities in Nigeria.
Those universities are well funded and well facilitated for research and development than universities in Nigeria, better affiliate programs for students in some prestigious universities abroad.
Peaceful environment nothing like kidnapping, unstable calendar, old curriculum.
You will visit known tourist sites around the world, in that country, explore the city ,learn new culture, language with good roads, stable electricity without fear and panic .
You will meet tutors in the field of study with current happening not pour and chew..
more affordable for it's citizens not for non citizens that wants to go study abroad

But I agree with the fact that studying abroad (western world's some Asian countries) is better than studying in nigeria
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Prawatre: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
Coldie:

I went to mcdonald university in my year 1 out if how fvcked up the school was I got admission in uniport and switched now am currently running my masters in a uk university.

From my experience in the 3 no Nigerian private uni should be worth more than 500k, considering how cheap public unis are in Nigeria and the huge difference in quality foreign unis have
Did you attend a private foreign university with no scholarship?
What exactly are the criteria you used in judging the quality of your foreign education?

Public unis in Nigeria aren't as cheap as many of you believe, the government pays billions per year on behalf of students.
Private universities are profit driven. They can charge any amount as long as students are willing to pay.
Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by Flytime: 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2020
Toks2008:

you are wrong
What statistics

This is just like the case of those saying vanity up and down

No go huzzle they shout kids who go to public schools are better off

1 Like

Re: Covenant University 2020/2021 School Fees For New Students by CodeTemplar: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
hollah123:
what u don't understand is that students of private university are majorly from rich homes so their parents establish them immediately after school,u hardly see them hustling dirty.
if u can pay 1m as tuition fee it won't b a big deal to establish d child with 5m
Stop talking nonsense

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Unilorin 2013/2014 Direct Entry Candidates / Lady Bares Cleavage At University Of Port-Harcourt Matriculation (Photos) / What Is The Difference Between A Civil Servant And A Public Servant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.