Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price (20382 Views)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Kano Traders Crash Food Price 24 Hours After 10 Werehouse Were Seal For Hoarding / What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Lovelies1: 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2020
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
I
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by izubext007: 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
yam and oil.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by NwaNimo1(m): 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Lizards...
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by kamtrix(m): 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
Is your online business not performing. Go to Instagram and search for lystra_business . Happy Sunday
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Shadysen: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
garri and groundnut though garri has added price.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Harrykn: 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
I know you'll drink one crate nah why you no add issorite!
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Newman20(m): 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
A
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Newman20(m): 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

I doubt you'd edit this comment cause you're the last comment on second page
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Oizee(f): 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
AlmaIganishire:
I will be eating noodles for a very long time Lmaoooo
u are still a rich man if u can afford #120 noodles, maybe u don't eat much sha so one pack could be ok for u
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Greatuzoewulu: 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
Even garri is very expensive at the moment.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Estellie: 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
longetivity:
Eba and egusi soup with Titus fish

Na joke o
Hahahahahahahaha!
Nairaland will not kill me...
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Mummymahdi(f): 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
ItrendNaija:
It's always like this during December. Prices go up for weird reasons but this year, covid played a huge role. E be like na yam and beans go be the way forward for many families

Beans for festive period! .
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Axmondthuglife: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2020
At least 1 bag of rice dey inside like this.
#ableGod

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Mummymahdi(f): 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2020
Na local rice ppl go use for jollof or fried rice
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Igbankpa(m): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
MrStylish:
Abobi
Fufu n afang soup
ori eh wanbe. I no be Calabar o but my love for Afang soup no be here... anytime my mum want pacify me na with this soup, anytime I travel leave house deh come back na Afang she must Cook keep for me. as e be now sef if no be Calabar I no deh marry.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by hartson(m): 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2020
Forget other food items.Okpa igba or Okpa di Oku is the way to go.1 full pot of Okpa will go a long way on 25 & 26 Dec.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by hartson(m): 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:
just eat what you can afford.
there is no constitution that mandated rice. me and my kids will make do with pounded yam. but if God provides rice and chicken, it won't be a bad idea
Can you imagine? So God will be the one that will provide you with rice and chicken.Do you think through your anus?
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Reference(m): 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2020
saxby:
Na swallow things o, atleast if you close eye cook better soup, na to just dey make eba dey chop am

Hmmm...Women and 'swallow'. Hate them with a passion. It takes hours of cardio to burn. There is no better carb out there than rice. A lot easier to control. Yam comes second with seasoned veggies since I do not like sweet potatoes.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Saintdan0421(m): 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2020
Something spicy , hot and peppery... I mean peppersoup-like.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by scholes23(m): 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
Bread and tea
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Oshokalo: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
PCG001:
aʟօʍօ ɮɨttɛʀs & քɛքքɛʀ sօʊք
how this thin com be like Chinese girls swimming
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by extremelygolden: 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
"Man shall not live by bread alone"...

Make we kuku use the period do fasting and prayer nah.

Na that one for sure pass ooo.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Oshokalo: 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
prepare vegetable soup make assorted meat and dry fish cause hold up for the soup,use poudo yam nack am with cold juice
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by meobizy(f): 3:31pm On Dec 06, 2020
Christmas and New Year are special days? Does my digestive tract automatically change for those events or what? Na my regular loi loi win am, last last. I no get time for activities out of the ordinary unless they involve pressing a female in erogenous zones.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by vanpeele: 3:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ennyholar:
The income of many Nigerian households has continued to come under pressure, with many spending more on food items daily following the continued rises in food price as a result of the effect COVID-19 on he country's economy and food production.

It's less than three weeks to the Christmas and New Year celebration and it's evident that most Nigerian home are planing to stock up their homes with food items including rice which is now close to #30,000 per bag.

Rice has always been a favorite in many Nigeria homes during the festive period and celebrations but the price . My visit to ShopRite Wacky Weekend promo I noticed how many Nigerian are gradually moving away from rice to other food items like Poundo Yam, Semo and Wheat flour.

With the high price of rice and other food items in the market, Which meal do you think will be best to celebrate the festive season and state your reasons?

I'll be looking out for your responses.

Oga rice in lagos is overpriced. We've rice for 22k here in Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by zicoraads: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
I'll be in Benue State.

Pounded yam with bush meat. grin kiss cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by pocohantas(f): 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2020
I find this question surprising because in my family house, we don’t really cook rice on Christmas day. There is no style of rice we want to cook that day, we haven’t cooked before.

You will see anything but rice. Most likely ugba, fufu with our native soup and peppered meat.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Hammergirl: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ewa Aganyin with kpomo and agege bread. That's the surest thing.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Itisallright: 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
Potato and plantain, find small shawa, pepper and ugwu. Prepare as porridge... thank me later

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by zicoraads: 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
pocohantas:
I find this question surprising because in my family house, we don’t really cook rice on Christmas day. There is no style of rice we want to cook that day, we haven’t cooked before.

You will see anything but rice. Most likely ugba, fufu with our native soup and peppered meat.

Made my own comment before seeing yours.

We cook rice though, for a few visitors and the Muslim neighbors. But it's swallow and loads of bush meat all the way. And kunu to wash it down.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Seyzcham91(m): 3:43pm On Dec 06, 2020
No basis for best food okay

it's simple! just go for what your pocket and account can afford
Ennyholar:
The income of many Nigerian households has continued to come under pressure, with many spending more on food items daily following the continued rises in food price as a result of the effect COVID-19 on he country's economy and food production.

It's less than three weeks to the Christmas and New Year celebration and it's evident that most Nigerian home are planing to stock up their homes with food items including rice which is now close to #30,000 per bag.

Rice has always been a favorite in many Nigeria homes during the festive period and celebrations but the price . My visit to ShopRite Wacky Weekend promo I noticed how many Nigerian are gradually moving away from rice to other food items like Poundo Yam, Semo and Wheat flour.

With the high price of rice and other food items in the market, Which meal do you think will be best to celebrate the festive season and state your reasons?

I'll be looking out for your responses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? / How To Make Banga Rice. Step-by-step Guide / What Are Your Worst Food Combinations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.