Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price (20384 Views)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Kano Traders Crash Food Price 24 Hours After 10 Werehouse Were Seal For Hoarding / What Are The Alternative Foods To Replace Rice This Coming Festive Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Dollanaira: 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2020
None
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by udomma1005(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Don't need any food
Am okay with my weed and bottles
I can relate wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by doctore212(m): 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2020
Akamu ( ogi) and okoro soup
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by luckingto50: 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2020
ItrendNaija:
It's always like this during December. Prices go up for weird reasons but this year, covid played a huge role. E be like na yam and beans go be the way forward for many families

Covid 19 never played any role in price of but rather bad government policies make food items skyrocketed. Buhari increase VAT, fuel, insecurity nd he shut down the border all these contributed to high cost of living today.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by luckingto50: 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
ItrendNaija:
It's always like this during December. Prices go up for weird reasons but this year, covid played a huge role. E be like na yam and beans go be the way forward for many families

Covid 19 never played any role in price of but rather bad government policies make food items skyrocketed. Buhari increase VAT, fuel, insecurity nd he shut down the border all these contributed to high cost of living today.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by ghettochild(m): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2020
Corn flour(Tuwo)
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by chatinent: 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2020
Invite limited number of guests.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by opey112(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
Bread and beans
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Raphamaechi: 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Just buy agidi
Cool am with fanta
U are good to go
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by oneTIMEman(m): 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
Smoke fish and garri on 25th
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by mormoney85(m): 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
AmadorSays:
which noodles? Is it the one that used to be 60 naira now sold for 130 naira?
the guy doesn't know that noodles na rice to
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Naijaarchive(m): 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2020
Poundo yam with correct assorted vegetable/egusi soup.... We've never been a fan of rice on festive season since its everyday food
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
choose one

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Juoflife1(f): 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2020
The price of rice is coming down. You can get benue rice for 19-22k now.
There's this food contribution thingy I always do. I did about 4 different cards 200 daily and 2500 monthly, Jan-dec. I'm getting a bag of rice, provisions that will last for more than 5months, a carton of chicken, crayfish, oil, tomatoes etc. Been doing this for 2yrs. It helps a lot.

We eat coconut rice in my house on Christmas day.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by jozz(m): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2020
Why waste scarce resources on a pagan festival that has not added any thing beneficial to the faith of Christians and that does not make Jesus or his father happy?
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by 4X4: 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
kuli kuli and garri
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by jmichael259(m): 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2020
Cocoyam also known as Ede in Igbo language.

Can be pounded for swallow
For any and all types of soup
Can be fried
Can be grounded into flour
Can be boiled
Taken with red oil, sauce or stew
etc etc
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Vokians(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2020
jozz:
Why waste scarce resources on a pagan festival that has not added any thing beneficial to the faith of Christians and that does not make Jesus or his father happy?
cry
jozz:
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Rossntti: 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t know how rice is some people’s favourite food grin. I eat it, but it doesn’t turn me on. We also used to make small rice, but they liked the soup because of everything happening inside it. With time we deleted rice.

5kg of rice wey I buy since never finish sef.

Thank you man. I don't understand this rice craze by Nigerians. I prefer boiled yam, moi moi, poundo, semo, akpu, amala, and other swallow-ables to rice, honestly.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Mummymahdi(f): 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
PrinceOfLagos:

I mean bag of Nigerian rice
wok to 21k
One doesnt need a bag to cook at festive period
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2020
As for me Abacha with enough akpaka and everything that makes it irresistible will.make too much sense. I'm not a rice fan on special days like that cos rice is a common food.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Queenserah26(f): 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2020
grin
Corroro:
Personally I'll say bread and tea grin, cos every thing has literally added money, imagine small onions going for 100 naira, onions o shocked
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by samwise180(m): 12:29am On Dec 07, 2020
Spaghetti with Chicken/Turkey. We got you covered, we deliver to your doorstep. Dm for more about us.
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by Slimsly100(f): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2020
longetivity:
Eba and egusi soup with Titus fish

Na joke o

Why u dey call am joke
If u serious person go beat you
As long as u wack am belleful, nothing spoil. As long as u nor beg for food.
Shuu!!!
Re: What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price by saxby(f): 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2020
Reference:

Hmmm...Women and 'swallow'. Hate them with a passion. It takes hours of cardio to burn. There is no better carb out there than rice. A lot easier to control. Yam comes second with seasoned veggies since I do not like sweet potatoes.
that one concern you o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Remember Or Eat Okin Biscuit?? / How To Make Banga Rice. Step-by-step Guide / What Are Your Worst Food Combinations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.