Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out (2333 Views)

Enquiry On Toyota Highlander 2001-2007 / Code 1650 On Highlander / Vehicle Collision, Corrola 2004 And Highlander 2001 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by Inception(m): 3:20pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ajakaiye83:

Thanks Cheif.

I scanned it.
P1656
P1663

The solution you need may be a very expensive one.

The engine currently in your car is not the one that was installed from factory ( no wonder the car was sold by the previous owner)

To enjoy that car, you need to remove that engine and install 1MZ-FE with VVT( variable valve timing)

This is assuming that all other factors remain equal.

You need a very experienced mechanic to guide you in this quest, as your engine wiring is most likely messed up.

It may be very expensive, but in the long run it will be worth it (if you still want to keep the car)

Till then, you will have to suffer the consequence of not performing Prepaid inspection.

1 Like

Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by froshbuddy: 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
The last line is straight to the mudaf*cking point!
Inception:

The engine currently in your car is not the one that was installed from factory ( no wonder the car was sold by the previous owner)

To enjoy that car, you need to remove that engine and install 1MZ-FE with VVT( variable valve timing)

You need a very experienced mechanic to guide you in this quest, as your engine wiring is most likely messed up.

It may be very expensive, but in the long run it will be worth it (if you still want to keep the car)

Till then, you will have to suffer the consequence of not performing Prepaid inspection.
Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by lakefist(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
nurey:

Your highlander doesn't have an mpg meter, you only assumed with the figures you have. Buy full tank, reset the trip meter and drive vehicle to atleast till you reach half tank.
Let's work with the half tank trip to measure your mpg better than 4k fuel theory

I wan ask in question sef.

Please what type of ATF Ilis recommended for highlander 2002 model?
Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by lakefist(m): 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
Inception:

Please what type of ATF is recommended for highlander 2002 model?
Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by Kewtt: 3:22am On Dec 15, 2020
Ajakaiye83:
I scared of anyhow mechanic.

You weren't scared of blindly paying for a vehicle?
Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by Inception(m): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2020
lakefist:

Toyota ATF Type T-IV
Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by nurey(m): 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
lakefist:

I wan ask in question sef.

Toyota type T-IV as said
Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by lakefist(m): 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
nurey:

Toyota type T-IV as said

Ose mo appreciate.
Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by lakefist(m): 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
Inception:

Toyota ATF Type T-IV

Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by Kewtt: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ajakaiye83:
Just got a registered highlander 2001.

The fuel consumption within the city is huge particularly with AC on.

39miles with 4k fuel. The engine was just replaced.

I need help pls
Cc: Nurey
Gazzuz
I stay around Gbagada

Sell that problem quickly or go and drag the seller
Re: 39miles With 4k Fuel On Highlander 2001. Help Out by Ajakaiye83: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
Update.

I had the mechanic clean the injector and had better fuel economy.

4k fuel now gives 60miles.

Contributions still welcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Economy: "Toyota" Or "Peugeot 406" Advice Me On Fuel Consumption / Have You Ever Bought A Flood Title Vehicle / When Your Battery Fuse Is Blown: Symptoms And Fixes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.