Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? (52914 Views)

What Killed Your Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly Inlove With / RELATIONSHIP TALK!! What Killed Your Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In / Having Feelings For My Ex Despite Being Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by deardevil(m): 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

fine girls are mostly gluttons..so u no know..
i get them plenty na..very cheap hungry fine girls..and they seem to be mutiplying these days..

Lol multiplying as how bro
Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by AlphaMajestic: 8:08am On Dec 10, 2020
deardevil:

Lol multiplying as how bro

times are hard...there options of eating from mutiple guys are getting limited...girls plenty everywhere nw...na just money to buy food gve them be d thing

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2020
Sundrus:
except say u be virgin. Konjee no dey knock for ur door? undecided

Bear konji for 6 weeks and you will conquer it completely.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by deardevil(m): 10:13am On Dec 10, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

times are hard...there options of eating from mutiple guys are getting limited...girls plenty everywhere nw...na just money to buy food gve them be d thing

Ok bro I understand
Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by Gentle0wavez: 11:08am On Dec 10, 2020
OwoukoUrua:
embarassed she started calling me "bestie"

Yeeeee, now this is funny
Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by Hullabaloon: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

1. I don't know weather I would date any girl who is in a relationship. The moment I heard you have a boo i easily lose interest like 2 days is OK for me to change towards you. Am this kind of person that easily talk and vibe with. I vibe well on chat and physical but the moment you have a boo, our proximity become infinite. I don't know weather am normal oo? cheesy grin

2. Anger problem.
3. I don care attitude .
4. Can't be able to adapt fast.
5. You are not intellectually smart. I don't mean book, atleast be logically sound.
6. Lack sense of building a nice and interesting conversation be it chat or physical .

I think when I discover the above, I easily lose interest ASAP.

Wow! This is just me with babes. Any chick that falls into any of them categories is a total no no for me. And I'm exactly like you too

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by Vickho6(m): 11:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Men are not worth loving. I would rather love myself

I can feel your pain... u are speaking from what ur past relationships/life taught u and... do a check on yourself
Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by silverkings: 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Lol it doesn't stop me from falling in love na cheesy
let's fall together cheesy
Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by ceaser: 8:08am On Dec 19, 2020
Tellemall:

Why is that always the moral of your story? You act as if once people leave you they must stay unmarried, and it is always something to tell the world.

Why is that always the petty gleeful point Nigerian men must point out when they don't get the girl they wanted?

Is marriage the only think she came to this world to do, that if she doesn't get married you must mock her? So all the people you left must rejoice if you happened not to be married today?

Is your marriage everything that you act like it's a punishment because your ex left you, that she isn't married? So petty.

So what if you are married for years and she was not married 6 months ago? You want her to die because it's funny to you?

Grow up.

There are other things and reasons in life.

Imagine how many people must be rejoicing and mocking everything they feel is wrong with your life, if they are like you. Petty things.

So disgusted to see the "she's not married today" tag. As if you are her God. If you're so happy married you won't be looking out for her.

It seems you are a strong believer in "do whatever suits you not minding the fact that your actions hurt others". Ironically those with this believe are the ones that cry victim when the natural law of "do as you would be done by" is applied to 'em.

I am a firm believer in trying as much as possible to make people happy within my capacity, not outside what I can afford. If I can't go thru with a relationship, I will not even start it. If I started it half-dedicated with the higher chances of breaking off and putting the other party's emotion in jeopardy, then I should be able to take whatever comes for me and not hiding behind some defense mechanism like shouting "Is marriage the only think she came to this world to do".

Save a miniscule number, the majority of "agendists" set out on their quest because they failed at the positives. Chimamanda Adichie pushed herself as a feminist, urging other ladies not to think of being a wife to a man until she herself found a man who broke that belief and now she is happy, ditto btbrbm. Most human right activists are themselves failed political aspirants and will not likely be impressive political leaders themselves.

I do not mock her, I pointed that out to willing minds who will key into the deep within that message. Do not toy with people's feelings and if you must break a heart, then by all means be proud to take whatever backlashes come from it and say it proudly rather than hiding behind some social agenda to hide that self inflicted hurt.

A friend complained to me about his relationship and suggested the idea that he wanted to break up. I inquired if the lady did anything to hurt him. He simply answered in the negative and admitted she has been good to him, has never hurt him and that she has been perfect within her capacity. But his problem was that he has this nagging that he will find a better person out there. I asked if he was the one that toasted the girl or otherwise; he admitted starting it off as the guy. So why did you start what you never had the intention of going thru from the onset, I asked him. He answered that everyone does it but I told him he is not everyone and besides he has not been close enough to everyone to know what regrets they live with from their past misdeeds save what they want you to hear.

So would you advice the guy to hurt that lady who has done nothing wrong to him to deserve that heartbreak? Remember the decision of the guy was hinged only on the selfish desire of probably finding someone better out there.

I leave you to think that out.

While man is not omnipotent and also not infallible, I point it out to people to always stand proudly to admit failures and take responsibility for the condemnations their failures bring to 'em, but also to work hard at improving themselves so that they are not beaten twice by the same error.

Imagine how many people must be rejoicing and mocking everything they feel is wrong with your life, if they are like you. Petty things.

According to my own philosophy, I don't mock people in their misfortune, but I admonish then and I make sure to do it with as much dignity as possible. That is:

If I had been in their shoes before, I use my own as example of how things can either get better or worse depending on the approach to the solution and urge then to please try better than I did at solving it, technically telling 'em to learn from my own mistakes.

If my situation was self inflicted by deliberate errors especially because I refused to listen to voices of reasonings (something which is a common occurrence with everyone) and people mock me for it, then I proudly take the mocks and condemnations and work better to get praise oriented results next time. That way, those that mocked me earlier will then turn out to praise me for a job well done.

Life is as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by Tellemall: 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2021
ceaser:

It seems you are a strong believer in "do whatever suits you not minding the fact that your actions hurt others". Ironically those with this believe are the ones that cry victim when the natural law of "do as you would be done by" is applied to 'em.

I am a firm believer in trying as much as possible to make people happy within my capacity, not outside what I can afford. If I can't go thru with a relationship, I will not even start it. If I started it half-dedicated with the higher chances of breaking off and putting the other party's emotion in jeopardy, then I should be able to take whatever comes for me and not hiding behind some defense mechanism like shouting "Is marriage the only think she came to this world to do".

Save a miniscule number, the majority of "agendists" set out on their quest because they failed at the positives. Chimamanda Adichie pushed herself as a feminist, urging other ladies not to think of being a wife to a man until she herself found a man who broke that belief and now she is happy, ditto btbrbm. Most human right activists are themselves failed political aspirants and will not likely be impressive political leaders themselves.

I do not mock her, I pointed that out to willing minds who will key into the deep within that message. Do not toy with people's feelings and if you must break a heart, then by all means be proud to take whatever backlashes come from it and say it proudly rather than hiding behind some social agenda to hide that self inflicted hurt.

A friend complained to me about his relationship and suggested the idea that he wanted to break up. I inquired if the lady did anything to hurt him. He simply answered in the negative and admitted she has been good to him, has never hurt him and that she has been perfect within her capacity. But his problem was that he has this nagging that he will find a better person out there. I asked if he was the one that toasted the girl or otherwise; he admitted starting it off as the guy. So why did you start what you never had the intention of going thru from the onset, I asked him. He answered that everyone does it but I told him he is not everyone and besides he has not been close enough to everyone to know what regrets they live with from their past misdeeds save what they want you to hear.

So would you advice the guy to hurt that lady who has done nothing wrong to him to deserve that heartbreak? Remember the decision of the guy was hinged only on the selfish desire of probably finding someone better out there.

I leave you to think that out.

While man is not omnipotent and also not infallible, I point it out to people to always stand proudly to admit failures and take responsibility for the condemnations their failures bring to 'em, but also to work hard at improving themselves so that they are not beaten twice by the same error.

According to my own philosophy, I don't mock people in their misfortune, but I admonish then and I make sure to do it with as much dignity as possible. That is:

If I had been in their shoes before, I use my own as example of how things can either get better or worse depending on the approach to the solution and urge then to please try better than I did at solving it, technically telling 'em to learn from my own mistakes.

If my situation was self inflicted by deliberate errors especially because I refused to listen to voices of reasonings (something which is a common occurrence with everyone) and people mock me for it, then I proudly take the mocks and condemnations and work better to get praise oriented results next time. That way, those that mocked me earlier will then turn out to praise me for a job well done.

Life is as simple as that.

Your first impression is what remains. I did not read the sermon above.

You claim you're married.

People would think you're a reasonable person, but you are so petty you even need to defend the pettiness of mocking an ex because she's not married and you are. That 6 years later you carry so much bitterness and have to gloat on a public forum so that people will join you to mock her is such a shame.

What is the point of men always pointing out that their ex is not married after years, if not to mock them, because society has placed so much emphasis on women getting married? Mr married for 6 years, you posted it to make a mockery of her, that was the smug effect you wanted to give off. If a lady jilts you, don't think any delays and misfortunes in her life are because you wanted her and she rejected you.

Are you her God? Are you her destiny? Are you the only man in the world? Why can't you move on? Why must you mock her? What have you gained? Imagine if she were married to such a person who can carry such little things in his mind for years. She dodged a bullet.

Hope what happened to her doesn't happen to any of yours, because karma is real. Sometimes you don't understand your actions until it is done to you.

People must be rejoicing and posting about the bad things that happened to you so that they will feel good about themselves, the way you've done to her, if everyone is like you.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by NiRfreak(m): 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2021
Once I realise she's a feminist...u don lose me be dat.. na to dey knack u anyhow remain

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by hstar: 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
Reading
Re: What Made You Stop Having Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In Love With? by ceaser: 6:14am On Aug 17, 2021
Tellemall:

Your first impression is what remains. I did not read the sermon above.

You claim you're married.

People would think you're a reasonable person, but you are so petty you even need to defend the pettiness of mocking an ex because she's not married and you are. That 6 years later you carry so much bitterness and have to gloat on a public forum so that people will join you to mock her is such a shame.

What is the point of men always pointing out that their ex is not married after years, if not to mock them, because society has placed so much emphasis on women getting married? Mr married for 6 years, you posted it to make a mockery of her, that was the smug effect you wanted to give off. If a lady jilts you, don't think any delays and misfortunes in her life are because you wanted her and she rejected you.

Well, ain't you so myopic? Your submissions so far indicate that you speak from a position of hurt and pain. That is what drives your tirade. And while you would have fared better at healing by admitting it rather than blaming others for it (in form of projection as a defence mechanism), you only succeed further in confirming those suspicions. I on the other hand speak from a position of a healed soul, a satisfied existence and a forgiving mind. That is why I can conveniently point out my pasts (personal errors and 3rd party errors like the ones from the ladies in question you love to defend) to others navigating that path so that they learn from my mistakes and in that manner chart for themselves a pain free course. While everyone is bound to have challenges in their path in life, what gives me pleasure is to see people avoid the pitfalls/challenges I encountered.

Tellemall:

Are you her God? Are you her destiny? Are you the only man in the world? Why can't you move on? Why must you mock her? What have you gained? Imagine if she were married to such a person who can carry such little things in his mind for years. She dodged a bullet.

It's your level of understanding of life that makes you to speak in this manner you do. How do you tell your story without your past? Hmmm, tell me. To move on to your future, you have to move thru your past and your present, won't you? You can't deny never crawling before you learn how to walk, can you? Every manner of individuals you've met in your sojourn will naturally come up in your stories, won't they? That is why it is important that your impact on people you meet either randomly or purposely should always be positive cos you just might not know when your story will be told as part of theirs.

And for clarity, I believe I'm the one that dodged the bullet of pain and perpetual misery in relationship, she did not.

Tellemall:

Hope what happened to her doesn't happen to any of yours, because karma is real. Sometimes you don't understand your actions until it is done to you.

Perhaps you should go back to read that my post which you admitted you refused to read. Then come back and edit your recommendation of Karma or otherwise. But to lighten the load for you, I emphasised in that post "accepting responsibilities and its consequences". So "messing up" isn't my action as you opined here. Though not perfect, but trying as much as possible not to "mess people up" is what I do. And also tell my story so that people do not "mess up" and then vituperate like you are doing here when karma comes knocking. So if "any of mine" messes up and gets the consequences for their actions, I will naturally not vent a tirade like you do here.

Tellemall:

People must be rejoicing and posting about the bad things that happened to you so that they will feel good about themselves, the way you've done to her, if everyone is like you.

I actually tell the stories myself. Funny, I even remind them that so so and so time, I did this to you and this got me into trouble and we just laugh it off. At times, I admit to them regretting hurting them and I always end it with telling them that I'm happy they are not damaged. But believe me that is a very tiny proportion and I can only vivdly recall one or two scenarios not even related with relationship. In my friendships, I'd rather the discomfort be mine than theirs, so I've not had cause to hurt a lot of people in my sojourn.

To cap it all up, I'd advice that you do away with that hurt, that hate, forgive yourself and you will find yourself bantering jokingly over these things you take so personally in your posts up there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Couple Fight & End Engagement Because Fiance Gave Fiancee A Full Stop Ring / I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. / Couple Who Met On Twitter Set To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.