Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? (49998 Views)

Being A Single Mother Or Being Married And Unhappy. / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by SenorFax(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2020
Yamiriflathead:

Marriage issa scam madam.. na baby mama sure pass
Take God swear say you no go marry grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Injera(f): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2020
Kenneygirl:
And what are men full of? flowers and roses? Ode
His words really hit you!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2020
.if you are godly yourself. .you will find a godly girl..learn from marriage that work..like oyedepo and adeboye. ..
get this book.. making marriage work by faith oyedepo. .thank me later

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by hashtagged(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
Samzzy94:

Does that include your mother and sisters??

And yours too

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by banio: 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
Every car is exotic and desirable. But after owing it. The car becomes a burden. A newer car would be desired.

That's the nature of marriage, most couples wish for new partners, new adventures etc.

Life is complex

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
icebird25:
Every married men here is regretting on venturing into the scam called marriage ..they wont tell you is a scam because they want you to be a victim too ....just take a look at the Duncan mighty's marriage ...if to born dey hungry you just look for one woman and impregnate her and make her your baby mama ...even women prefer baby mama status this days, than being married. and every woman has the potential to cheat ..you were never his spec but just an option. if she sees that man, that's her everyday crush ..she wouldn't mind to offer her pussy to him .. that's to show what women can do.. marriage is a scam, baby mama all the way ...all men was born equal and free. If you later go and marry you are on your own
I know some people won't like this.. the truth is always bitter though ..

the universe shall bless you abundantly....

stay blessed, bro.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by josite: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
bouncin04:
I'm a single guy ( 32 years ) who's aspiring to get married maybe in 2 to 3 years time , but news about failed relationships and my experiences gives me cold feet , I can't handle being cheated on as I just got out of one toxic relationship . So I ask people already in marriages if they have for once regretted being married to their current partners , if yes kindly give your reasons and share how you are coping with them , and if no also share your formula towards keeping a happy home , so we learn . Thanks in anticipation .

marriage is enjoyable if you are prepare for the worst.list your expectations and ask your proposed wife to list her expectations from the marriage.both of you should state the events that will make you walk away from the marriage.if you both start out as a christian couple.you may wish to let her know her first visit to native doctor will be the end of the marriage for you or a confirmed fact that she had sex with another man will be the end.both of you should state the expectations u can meet now,later or will never be met.call your parents and siblings to witness what both of you are agreed upon.let it be known eg since she brings no child to your house,any child born in your house during the marriage ,she cannot take away from your house.

dont underplay what you presently see or hear about your spouse.believe me some people dont know how to say sorry if they are wrong and some women will have sex with other men to get money when they are broke and some men must Bleep another woman and some humans are irredeemable liars.lying is second nature to them.find out if your spouse is pro prostitution.if she is .don't ever expect a happy marriage. above all pray diligently.you will not be able to stop people from changing into another person and therefore if you dont want to die prematurely accept marriage is not padlock and the law of man and GOD allows you to walk away if your spouse is ruining your health and your life.

the greatest gift i can give u is to hear your wife to be speaks when she is not even aware you are hearing and to see her doing things when she doesnt know you are watching.use spy technology before and not after the marriage is contracted,.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by RALPHOW(m): 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
TWO MAJOR SECRETS OF GOOD MARRIAGE
1. MARRY A GOD FEARING HUSBAND OR WIFE
2. AS THE HUSBAND MAKE SURE YOU MAKE MONEY AT ALL COST, IN A RIGHTEOUS WAY.
All a God fearing lady needed to make you happy is money, money and more money.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
There is no perfect marriage and you shouldn't be scared of going into marriage. Just put it in your heart that nobody is perfect and anything can happen so you won't be disappointed and heart broken should the worst scenario happen. I have been married for over 17 years now, just this year my wife exhibited something tilting towards cheating, I called and told her that I didn't say she should not have sex outside but she should not do it under my roof, that if she finds a man she love more than me and she is ready to marry such a man, she should tell me and I will divorce her so she can marry whoever she want. Later she called me, saying she have a confession to make, I told her I am not interested in her confession because I am not God. If she has done something bad that warrants confession, she should confess to her God as she seems a Christian. Till date she is afraid of me, she told me she explained everything to someone outside and the person told her that I have very strong policies. I also told her that I don't trust her anymore also told her that whenever I get her caught in any funny situation as regards cheating, I will not be surprise at all!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
marriage as never been perfect From beginning, remember no trouble for Adam until Eve came. my advice, is that u read books from diff authors that HV been married for some time and pray to God to guide you right. Some people still feel happy going home after work.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by EgunMogaji2: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
bouncin04:
I'm a single guy ( 32 years ) who's aspiring to get married maybe in 2 to 3 years time , but news about failed relationships and my experiences gives me cold feet , I can't handle being cheated on as I just got out of one toxic relationship . So I ask people already in marriages if they have for once regretted being married to their current partners , if yes kindly give your reasons and share how you are coping with them , and if no also share your formula towards keeping a happy home , so we learn . Thanks in anticipation .

Why do you want to get married in this day and age?

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by SlurUsername1: 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
Bosdem:
Wish I never married, the joy I get comes from my kids, marriage ma scam, after 11 years found out my husband has a 17 years old child, and that's the least of the matter, marriage can be liken to a gift, its full of surprises, some are great, some are bad news.

Thank you, I'm happy women are beginning to realize this too
If you want to remain happy.. stay single, get a baby mama or surrogate children.
Period

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by abimic(m): 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
Jodha:
Just marry the right woman...and yhull be happy for the rest of yhur life.... although life is not a bed of roses...but yhull scale through...

But if yhu marry the wrong woman....yhull be miserable...
See this girl o....sha do marry o make we come buy asoebi and collect tundra as souvenir..

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by nike4luv(f): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2020
Interesting Question. Marriage is something that has gotten a bad rep recently especially on social media.

Regret is such a strong word. I would not say I regret getting married to my partner. Marriage is not and will not be a song and dance (at least not all the time). You are two different beings, brought up differently, with different ideals. However, I don't believe a God centered marriage will have regrets even though there will be 'down times'. There are some times when I want to scream swear words at my Husband but Holy Spirit will not allow me. Love is a commitment. Never forget that.

One thing I would always emphasize is how we prepare for marriage. Some People tend to 'pray' about a spouse when they are about to choose. Some men just focus on choosing a 'good girl' rather than building themselves to be a 'leader'/Priest that is answerable to Christ as well. That conversation with God should have been happening as part of your daily walk with God 'tipe tipe' not when you see the girl/guy. God is not a magician.

For the non religious, it is important to look past the novelty, ask the right questions, who are they/you accountable to etc.

Poster, praying for a sweet sweet marital destiny for you. No regrets! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Alexaonfleek: 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2020
icebird25:
[s][/s]Every married men here is regretting on venturing into the scam called marriage ..they wont tell you is a scam because they want you to be a victim too ....just take a look at the Duncan mighty's marriage ...if to born dey hungry you just look for one woman and impregnate her and make her your baby mama ...even women prefer baby mama status this days, than being married. and every woman has the potential to cheat ..you were never his spec but just an option. if she sees that man, that's her everyday crush ..she wouldn't mind to offer her pussy to him .. that's to show what women can do.. marriage is a scam, baby mama all the way ...all men was born equal and free. If you later go and marry you are on your own
I know some people won't like this.. the truth is always bitter though[s][/s] ..

Try to talk more wisely.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by solonubinho(m): 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2020
Jodha:
Just marry the right woman...and yhull be happy for the rest of yhur life.... although life is not a bed of roses...but yhull scale through...

But if yhu marry the wrong woman....yhull be miserable...

Kings, take advice on marriage from women that say "yhull" instead of you'll at your own risk.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by anochuko01(m): 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2020
khingTony:
There is no perfect marriage

this sentence is part of what has gotten people into marital debacle.
In the name of "there is no perfect marriage", people simply ignore some ugly traits during courtship or dating, thinking they can manage and cope with it, only for those devilish character to even grow bigger as time goes on.

I strongly believe there can be a perfect marriage, Yeah i do. and I dont care if i have to go through 20 breakups before i find that perfect one.
marriage is sweet when you find an understanding, selfless, Loving and God fearing human, and thats provided you arent the bad type yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by banmee(m): 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2020
Not one single second of any day. In fact, if i had to pay my friend for introducing us a million dollars i would. It's been twenty years but it feels like 20 days ago.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by banmee(m): 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
icebird25:
Every married men here is regretting on venturing into the scam called marriage ..they wont tell you is a scam because they want you to be a victim too ....just take a look at the Duncan mighty's marriage ...if to born dey hungry you just look for one woman and impregnate her and make her your baby mama ...even women prefer baby mama status this days, than being married. and every woman has the potential to cheat ..you were never his spec but just an option. if she sees that man, that's her everyday crush ..she wouldn't mind to offer her pussy to him .. that's to show what women can do.. marriage is a scam, baby mama all the way ...all men was born equal and free. If you later go and marry you are on your own

You are probably 12 years old.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nwadyke2020: 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
Kiddogarcia:
Someone said you were never his spec,just an option because she was running out of time,marriage is for the bold ooo,is not even about cheating now,but I do ask myself,how would I live and stay loyal to one person for the unforeseeable future.
You no hide your own ...you dey straight
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by SlurUsername1: 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
SenorFax:

Take God swear say you no go marry grin
Marriage is an overrated piece of shit guy... Avoid it like plague for your own good

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
newdawn2017:
go check out dis page on ig it's a real Nigerian lady that has gone through abusive relationship, u could learn a thing or 2 from her @afriproud
I know her. I follow her on IG and we both have a group in common.shes not the only one who's suffered from abusive relationships. Abusive doesn't have to be physical, it could be emotional, verbal and mental.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by EgunMogaji2: 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
icebird25:

With all the data on the ground I can’t understand why anyone will get married anymore.

Guys should just face their studies, careers and money.

Get a baby mama, raise your kids.

No need to get married again.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by berrystunn(m): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
BigDawsNet:
My people dint regret

So I won't too cheesy

Tho I'm about settling with a white lady

Killing of time
Waiting for divorce.

Even when you are too perfect.

I did from 2003 to 2009 .
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by solonubinho(m): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
JONSYN7154:
The truth is that if you can endure women's repugnant character you won't regret your marriage.

Marriage is all about enduring each other's character.

if you have tough enduring skin you'll have a PERFECT marriage.

Now the very important question is why anybody would want to sacrifice his time, freedom and finances all to 'endure' someone's repugnant character? Does this even sound like a wise investment to you? Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by banmee(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
anochuko01:

this sentence is part of what has gotten people into marital debacle.
In the name of "there is no perfect marriage", people simply ignore some ugly traits during courtship or dating, thinking they can manage and cope with it, only for those devilish character to even grow bigger as time goes on.

I strongly believe there can be a perfect marriage, Yeah i do. and I dont care if i have to go through 20 breakups before i find that perfect one.
marriage is sweet when you find an understanding, selfless, Loving and God fearing human, and thats provided you arent the bad type yourself.

There is none. Trust me. It's just like saying there is a perfect best friend. Which your spouse is by the way. As much as i love my spouse we still go through ups and down.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by engrelvis(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
Yes no marriage is perfect but it can b very good n satisfyin if both of u understand yrsef. Alot of Nairalanders r youngies still trying to find their feet in life.some r frustrated n angry at life so here is an opportunity to pour it out.so for those who want to get married dnt allow their comment n ranting discourage u.life itself is nt fair so expecting a perfect marriage will b very unfair.look for a man/ woman who understand n respect it u.As long as he/she is hard working n sincere ,money will come

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by kowalsky: 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
dominique:
There's no perfect spouse or marriage anywhere. Just make sure you study whoever you're dating very well to see if you will be able to cope with their imperfections. Sadly men are too focused on physical looks and women too desperate to become Mrs to see through any flaws their prospective spouse may have. Las Las, na hide my id go end their matter.

Don't be discouraged by all the tales of gloom and doom you read on social media about marriage. There are a lot of marriages that are doing well.

Lol. Be very discouraged oh.

These are not isolated events. I surf the r/divorce community on Reddit frequently and I can tell you categorically that most people in lasting marriage are either very tolerant or oblivious of their partners' actions or inactions.

In this twenty first century world, men and women are not men and women of old. Everyone is a toxic piece of shit with baggages and complications that WILL manifest over time.

Make what you will out of this information.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by berrystunn(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
80*% of married wish they are single
90% of single wish they are married

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by emerged01(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
Luckydonalds:

If I may ask,, Which is ur religion which and which is hers?
What religion will u guys train ur kids?
Christianity and Islam.
Christianity for the kids. We are not extremist.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
judedwriter:

Lol grin

why are you asking?

Do you have a definite reason for asking?

I want to know why you are so bitter about marriages.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
BigDawsNet:
My people dint regret

So I won't too cheesy

Tho I'm about settling with a white lady

Baba, I've suffered a lot in this shit hole.. Pls help my ministry sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Settles Wife With N5m, Car, N100,000 Monthly Allowance To Quit Marriage / Ameena Hassana Sani And Hadiza Hussaina Sani: Twins With Same Fingerprint / Men, Can You Take Your Wife Back After Cheating On You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.