Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,481 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) (9159 Views)

Peter Obi Is Wasting His Time Because We Own The Supreme Court / Obaseki Visits The Family Of Late Nigeria Musical Legend Amb Osayomore Joseph / Peter Obi Is Just Wasting His Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Nigercity: 10:34am On Dec 06, 2020
The musical famous legend Celestine ukwu was
An igbo high life popular musicians in the late 60's and 70's
Know for his popular hit songs "ije enu", igede
And money palava
Was from nd was born in Enugu Enugu state in 1940 and died in auto crash on the eve of 7th may 1976, before his dismissal he was very famous and toured many African countries receiving numerous awards for his high life act.
Up till date his still remembered as one of the best high life musicians Nigeria has ever had.
In 2019 Nigeria famous rapper azubike Nelson chibuzor popular know as phyno recreated of one ukwu's song in his album "deal with it" which he tittled "Machi"
Where he also gave a shot out to Celestine.
Now 2020 unknown to many ,one of the fastest upcoming Nigerian artist based in the city of port Harcourt "omah lay" is the direct grand child of famous music legend Celestine ukwu.
Buh unlike Celestine omah lay choosed hip hop as his own geners of music, and has risen to stardom after the release of his studios work tittled "layed"

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by illicit(m): 10:49am On Dec 06, 2020
No wonder....

12 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 06, 2020
who's he?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by mightyhazel: 10:50am On Dec 06, 2020
real?

As a kid,Celestine Ukwu's 'ije enu' (soundtrack for the Nigeria biafra war documentary) normally illicited tears to my eyes..

That music is Legendary..

I often wondered why non of Ukwu's children took to music after him..

Guess i can restnow,knowing this boy wonder is his bloodline

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Bkayyy: 10:59am On Dec 06, 2020
Very misleading thread. His grandfather was a percussionist to Celestine Ukwu not Celestine Ukwu himself

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Ottyn01(m): 11:03am On Dec 06, 2020
Family of legends"" Omah lay is really representing!!!
His lyrics are mad.

His grandfather must be very pleased with him in his grave.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Bkayyy: 11:03am On Dec 06, 2020
Zzor:
who's he?
A sensible musician that sang for reasonable people.
No offense

11 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Bkayyy: 11:05am On Dec 06, 2020
Ottyn01:
Family of legends"" Omah is really representing!!!

His grandfather must be very happy with him in his grave.
If I'm to go with odinani I'll say he probably" reincarnated" especially now that the world is short of reasonable musicians

3 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Enudapan: 11:08am On Dec 06, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Omah lay the real odogwu in music
The really look alike shaa

4 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Ottyn01(m): 11:09am On Dec 06, 2020
Zzor:
who's he?

Attention Seeker"
Must you always chase clout with everything?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Rahkman: 11:14am On Dec 06, 2020
Omah lay na ibo?? I think say na rivers

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:15am On Dec 06, 2020
Wow
Niger delta tribes people is coming to distort all this

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:18am On Dec 06, 2020
Rahkman:
Igbo and rivers shouldn’t be in same sentence
Once you mention igbo
Follow it up with another tribe
Not igbo and anambra
More over omah lay is from Enugu

4 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 06, 2020
Rahkman:

Even if he's from Rivers, Is there a tribe known as rivers?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by SaintBishop: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2020
OOzz:

Even if he's from Rivers, Is there a tribe known as rivers?

Is there any tribe in Rivers that goes by the name igbo?

16 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by FarahAideed: 11:29am On Dec 06, 2020
No wonder ..Dues must be paid
Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by SaintBishop: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2020
Rahkman:
he's not from Rivers, he was born in ph.

5 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Graysons: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2020
SaintBishop:

help me ask am.

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Burstit(m): 11:36am On Dec 06, 2020
Zzor:
who's he?
Indomie genre

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
SaintBishop:

Yes there is a tribe in river state called igbo
So is there any tribe called rivers?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2020
SaintBishop:

No, it's your father's name that they bear

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Dedetwo(m): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Bkayyy:
Very misleading thread. His grandfather was a percussionist to Celestine Ukwu not Celestine Ukwu himself

When poster wrote "Was from nd" in small letters, I ceased to read. I guess the "nd" remotely translates to Niger Delta. Celestine Ukwu was never from Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Dedetwo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
SaintBishop:

The fact remains there is no original tribe in Rivers State except Igbo. Any other assumed tribe is either the creation of the Portuguese or immigrant.

16 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Nigercity: 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
SaintBishop:

You guys should stop all this tribalistic shit!
And in btw
There are Igbos who are indigenous people of Rivers State (apart from ikwerre)
Unless you are trying to tell us that etche Local government area is a tribe, and oyibo L.G.A or omuma LGA is another tribe
Or you think river state starts from pH nd ends in okirika

17 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Nigeriabiafra80: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
Tell them oo
Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by BastardWike: 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2020
Wow, we used to have that record in our house back in the early nineties.
Nice one, apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2020
Zzor:
who's he?
you no fit read See kwesion undecided

Who are you

5 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by timibare(m): 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
normally ponmo sweet....why pussy sweetner
Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by SaintBishop: 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
Nigercity:

You guys should stop all this tribalistic shit!
And in btw
There are Igbos who are indigenous people of Rivers State (apart from ikwerre)
Unless you are trying to tell us that etche Local government area is a tribe, and oyibo L.G.A or omuma LGA is another tribe
Or you think river state starts from pH nd ends in okirika
There are ijaws who are indigenous people of Rivers state aprt from okrika and kalabari, or you think Rivers state start and end in ikwerre?

1 Like

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by SaintBishop: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

The fact remains there is no original tribe in Rivers State except Igbo. Any other assumed tribe is either the creation of the Portuguese or immigrant.
The fact you pick from from drug dealer father or what?

3 Likes

Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by Elvictor: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
Rahkman:

Igbo people and wahala
Re: Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) by SaintBishop: 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

Yes there is a tribe in river state called igbo
So is there any tribe called rivers?
I know where you coming from, now let me you something, Rivers State is not and can not be an igbo state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience With Lagos State Govts. Flood Helpline / Nigeria Police Invite Omoyele Sowore, Again / Police Outlaws Volunteer Security Outfit In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.