Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain (817 Views)

Woman Suffers Heart Attack Trying To Explain Math Problem To Son / Nigerian Student Offered Scholarship To Study In US After Smashing WAEC & JAMB / When You Are Asked To Explain Your Experience In A Nigerian Boarding School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
Hi, my name is Emmanuel Nwaeze. I'm a student of Medicine & Surgery.

I have to tell you something, the road was not easy and still isn't easy. This is why i plan on helping those yet to start their journey.

My first year in UNI, i finished with a perfect CGPA and trust me it wasn't just by cramming.

For the sake of this post, feel free to drop Biology objective questions or topics you may find technical

I hope to answer them and do all i can to help
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
I will try to send screenshots
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
Why is it that men die before women, you can see we have many widows than widowers, any medical explanation to that?

1 Like

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
I was actually expecting objective questions to school exams, but i will give my opinion on this.

The thing about women outliving men is not just medical, societal pressures also come to play. Men are globally more victims of suicide and depression - they actually go through a lot.

As for the medical, i won't focus on that because women also have their medical flaws. I believe societal infrastructure is the major culprit.

Zzor:
Why is it that men die before women, you can see we have many widows than widowers, any medical explanation to that?

1 Like

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by Legendforte: 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
Touch the vertebrae and types why do we fart?
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by Liposure: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
I've always wondered how tiny red ants from nowhere locate leftover meat bones after eating. Do they have some kind of leftover receptors. Also how do wall geckos and roaches find their way into a new house
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2020
Are you asking for types of vertebrae and the reason for farting?

Legendforte:
Touch the vertebrae and types
why do we fart?
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
I have wondered too, but after watching animal channels - it was no longer surprising.

Ants have sensory receptors that can detect food, leftover or not so far it is within their environment. One ant that finds food leaves a trail of chemical substances to guide other ants!

Voila.

Liposure:
I've always wondered how tiny red ants from nowhere locate leftover meat bones after eating. Do they have some kind of leftover receptors. Also how do wall geckos and roaches find their way into a new house

1 Like

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
About geckos and roaches, it's not surprising as well - even if the house is clean or new.

Most of them enter through holes, their bodies are designed to squeeze through them very easily.

Liposure:

1 Like

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by Legendforte: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Are you asking for types of vertebrae and the reason for farting?

touch their anatomy/morphology. Yes what brings about farting
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by osamz007: 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:

I have to tell you something, the road was not easy and still isn't easy. This is why i plan on helping those yet to start their journey.

My first year in UNI, i finished with a perfect CGPA and trust me it wasn't just by cramming.

For the sake of this post, feel free to drop Biology objective questions or topics you may find technical

how is it with u bro. long time
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
hey bro, sorry i got distracted

osamz007:

how is it with u bro. long time
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
Farting is not a strange event. I recently finished a course on metabolism and digestion that explains why we fart to a degree.

When a person farts, they're simply passing out gas through their anus. It could be from an external source, say by drinking carbonated drinks rich in CO2 or swallowing air. The gas has to come out somehow either by belching or in this case farting. Gases are produced while your body breaks down certain kinds of food as well.

This is why some foods cause people to gas out a lot and others do not. Bacteria living in our intestine breaks this food groups down as we cannot digest them ourselves. While they do the work in our place, they release gases.

Beans is an excellent example of this, it contains a substance called raffinose. We do not have enzymes capable of breaking raffinose down, so intestinal bacteria sorts that out and complements it with the foul smelling odour we call fart.

Legendforte:

3 Likes

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
wow! this is a lot.

Cervical vertebrae
Thoracic vertebrae
Lumbar vertebrae
Sacral vertebrae
Caudal vertebrae

They are all bearing similarities and differences. I might not be able to write an epistle on everything but for exam purposes (WAEC/JAMB), take note of their number distribution with regards the vertebral column, peculiarities (like the long spine of the thoracic vertebrae or the atlas and axis of the cervical vertebrae).

would love to hear from you!

Legendforte:

1 Like

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by Legendforte: 10:15am On Dec 29, 2020
Thanks. I appreciate your work. can you help with electron transport chain and biochemistry of photosynthesis

1 Like

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by Legendforte: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Farting is not a strange event. I recently finished a course on metabolism and digestion that explains why we fart to a degree.

When a person farts, they're simply passing out gas through their anus. It could be from an external source, say by drinking carbonated drinks rich in CO2 or swallowing air. The gas has to come out somehow either by belching or in this case farting. Gases are produced while your body breaks down certain kinds of food as well.

This is why some foods cause people to gas out a lot and others do not. Bacteria living in our intestine breaks this food groups down as we cannot digest them ourselves. While they do the work in our place, they release gases.

Beans is an excellent example of this, it contains a substance called raffinose. We do not have enzymes capable of breaking raffinose down, so intestinal bacteria sorts that out and complements it with the foul smelling odour we call fart.
Thank you. Did you school in LFS Nnewichi. Imean do we know from somewhere? that raffinose sounds like a sugar abi

2 Likes

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by NiklauseFred(m): 8:21am On Apr 17, 2021
Bro you're really trying.
You actually refreshed my memory with ur answers.
How are you doing man?
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by IQvectors: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
nwaezeemmanuel:

pls what textbook did you use for bio,chem,phy during jamb.

1 Like

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2021
First, there is no magic textbook.

I am sure you know of LAMLAD by now. That was what I used, supplemented with basic books from SSS Class. Know the JAMB Syllabus and find Past Questions, you can't just read any textbook aimlessly.

IQvectors:

pls what textbook did you use for bio,chem,phy during jamb.

1 Like

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by IQvectors: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2021
smileyFirst, there is no magic textbook.

I am sure you know of LAMLAD by now. That was what I used, supplemented with basic books from SSS Class. Know the JAMB Syllabus and find Past Questions, you can't just read any textbook aimlessly.

[/quote]

Well noted, and yes I know of lamlad.
About the syllabus I see it in every website but I don't know how legit it is.

Once again, Thanks.
Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by Justkatty(f): 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
I must admit
I learnt something here
I had wanted to give a trial to the first question being asked, but I wasn't too sure of it so I had to pause, so our dear biologist would do justice.

1 Like

Re: WAEC/JAMB: Drop Biology Mcqs And I Will Do My Best To Explain by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Thanks for feedback

Justkatty:
I must admit
I learnt something here
I had wanted to give a trial to the first question being asked, but I wasn't too sure of it so I had to pause, so our dear biologist would do justice.

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Poor In Calculations, This Is For You / How I Knew I Was Pregnant: Implantation Bleeding Or Period And 7 Ways To Tell Th / Kaduna State University Received N10b For The Development Of Its Permanent Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.