Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You (22379 Views)

The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / How To Know When An Agent Is Lying / Lady Shares Video Of House An Agent Took Her To In Lagos For N300k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by ec0malchemist(m): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2021
Agents in lagos lie to unsuspecting clients to earn a living, that's just the absolute truth.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by oie(m): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2021
Interested in learning a programming language...see my signature....
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2021
TRADELYN:
4. When he tells you that someone is coming to pay, but he's still taking you everywhere for inspection. grin

This is what I expected op to list as number 1.

That is how one agent was asking me to pay for house that I have not seen (only pictures). He was saying that I should hurry because another person was negotiating with the landlord himself that I should rush and pay to close the deal.

He will call me and then call my parents. So I called him and said told him that the documentation I was doing (I just got an internship placement then) was more important and that if that person pays before me then no probs.

2 days later I saw the place and the environment was abysmal. Short fence, no water, accumulated bills and the said person appeared to be imaginary. Run anytime you hear that someone wants to or is about to pay.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Duplexxx: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2021
You're some kind of right i don't trust them
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2021
Roon9:
Very weak write-up. I wonder why it's on front page
Your fraud is being exposed

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Kudducini(m): 11:08am On Apr 02, 2021
Abeg someone should tag me a reliable Escrow
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 11:47am On Apr 02, 2021
This OP is just interested in selling his book
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by obonujoker(m): 11:55am On Apr 02, 2021
We have some good and professional agents
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by naijadrivablog: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Sometimes, that he telling you the approximate location is true (I.e "25minutes to Dangote refinery").
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by obonujoker(m): 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2021
We have some good and professional agents.... Although many illerate and uneducated clowns spoil the profession...

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
Oizatobad:
not for people living under their parents roof

This one enter me o
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Deway52(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
information1:
Do we still have real and trusted Agent?

Abeg go write your NPOWER test before the deadline via https://talkgeria.com/npower-batch-c-test-portal-nasims-gov-ng/
Getting pass mark on online test is not always easy, hire a machinery now to help you scale through with excellent pass mark. 75% and above is certain. Contain academteachinghub@gmail.com or call 07041453286.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2021
EzeAnthony1:
When it comes to buying and selling properties, or renting apartments, you'd definitely need the assistance of a good real estate agent.

But how do you know if a real estate agent is lying? ... Or when he is lying?

There are 3 unmistakable signs that lets you know when an agent is lying.

No. 1: When he gives you misleading property descriptions.

You probably might have heard things like "That land close to the Dangote refinery is just 25minutes drive from chevron roundabout"
Such descriptions are misleading and as such you need to be on alert.

No 2: When he talks too much without even giving attention to your desires or past experiences.

No 3: When he over inflates the property value.

Yes! Properties in Lekki and Ibeju Lekki are consistently increasing in value. But when an agent starts telling you "Buy now! this property is going to go up in value by over 750% next year", then there's every tendency that he's lying. This is because even if the property would go up in value by over 750% next year, he doesn't need to blurt it out like that.

Am I trying to say that all real estate agents are liars? Heavens No! There are lots of sincere ones out there.

I just want you to be equipped with the right information to know when and if an agent is lying to you.

99% of salespeople are liars. It's nothing to be ashamed of. As a buyer, you should also do your due diligence. The world itself is built on lies.

Don't be a turkey.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by LauraClasikVibe(f): 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
When he says: Oga, people don book this house finish oh. If you rush now give me this money, I go fit save this house for you.
2 weeks later: The number you're trying to call does not exist.

No heaven for those guys ah swear.

Ehen. Studies showed that Businesses who post at least 3 times daily with engaging content get more customers in the end?

I bet you didn't know that. Oya na. Get your existing logo to take a new variant appearance so you can keep your audience engaged and ask em what they think about it.

Get yours for just 2k today
Send us a message today.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Roon9(m): 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
Joysticks:
Your fraud is being exposed

My fraud Una dey smoke Igbo for dis forum sef
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2021
Well, this is the stock-in-trade of every service provider, from TELCOs to small business owners.

In fact, every salesman (including those providing services, and not goods) is a smooth talker, and a chronic liar. It is either they are exaggerating the value of something undeserving, or they are lying about something outrightly non-existent.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
When he says: Oga, people don book this house finish oh. If you rush now give me this money, I go fit save this house for you.
2 weeks later: The number you're trying to call does not exist.

No heaven for those guys ah swear.

Ehen. Studies showed that Businesses who post at least 3 times daily with engaging content get more customers in the end?

I bet you didn't know that. Oya na. Get your existing logo to take a new variant appearance so you can keep your audience engaged and ask em what they think about it.

Get yours for just 2k today
Send us a message today.

Is it for just existing logos?

How much for a brand new logo?

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Highlyrespected(m): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
It is very rare to find trustworthy and reliable agent in this 21century embarassed
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by benitwater(m): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
Draslo:
Lol. Op, what are you talking about? Real Estate agents make a living off lying to their clients.

They will lie that the land you're buying has no omo onile issues.
They will lie to you that someone else wants the same property and so you should buy fast
They will lie to you that your landlord is a nice person if you're renting.
They will lie to you that government is going to build a new road soon if you're buying a remote farmland.

E be like say you no know agents sha
Tell you they will fix the light.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by anthonyuncle(m): 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
Offpoint1:
When he told you at day1: 'there are 10 people disturbing him to get the property'

Then at day 2 he wants to finish your destiny with calls.

o boy, which kind marching be this?

you sure say that player no get existing vendetta for that keeper?
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by LauraClasikVibe(f): 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Is it for just existing logos?

How much for a brand new logo?
Brand New is 5k

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by 9jaRealist: 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
EzeAnthony1:
When it comes to buying and selling properties, or renting apartments, you'd definitely need the assistance of a good real estate agent.

But how do you know if a real estate agent is lying? ... Or when he is lying?

There are 3 unmistakable signs that lets you know when an agent is lying.

No. 1: When he gives you misleading property descriptions.

You probably might have heard things like "That land close to the Dangote refinery is just 25minutes drive from chevron roundabout"
Such descriptions are misleading and as such you need to be on alert.

No 2: When he talks too much without even giving attention to your desires or past experiences.

No 3: When he over inflates the property value.

Yes! Properties in Lekki and Ibeju Lekki are consistently increasing in value. But when an agent starts telling you "Buy now! this property is going to go up in value by over 750% next year", then there's every tendency that he's lying. This is because even if the property would go up in value by over 750% next year, he doesn't need to blurt it out like that.

Am I trying to say that all real estate agents are liars? Heavens No! There are lots of sincere ones out there.

I just want you to be equipped with the right information to know when and if an agent is lying to you.

How do you know an agent is lying? His mouth is moving! grin grin grin
>
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Offpoint1: 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
anthonyuncle:

o boy, which kind marching be this?

you sure say that player no get existing vendetta for that keeper?
E collect him girlfriend before �
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Vulcanheph(m): 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
Everything you listed perfectly described GNLD people.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by anthonyuncle(m): 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
Offpoint1:
E collect him girlfriend before �
even if
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
Brand New is 5k

We will chat when I am ready.

I want to create a blog soon.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by micki1: 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
TRADELYN:
4. When he tells you that someone is coming to pay now, but he is still taking you everywhere for inspection and telling you to pay soon before the person comes. grin cheesy wink
325 likes
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by lebete3000: 1:51am On Apr 03, 2021
younglleo:
Hello can someone assist me with 2k pls,
Am begging every nairalander

Urgent 2k from over 2.6million members. That's over #5million for you alone.

You're a thief.
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by kaylawlah(m): 9:06am On Apr 03, 2021
information1:
Do we still have real and trusted Agent?

Abeg go write your NPOWER test before the deadline via https://talkgeria.com/npower-batch-c-test-portal-nasims-gov-ng/

Yes we do, I'm one and I'm based in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by supremo4223(m): 10:10am On Apr 03, 2021
Pls am unable to login in account what we I do
Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by LauraClasikVibe(f): 1:05am On Apr 04, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

We will chat when I am ready.

I want to create a blog soon.
Sure once you read let me know

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Agent Is Lying To You by Deway52(m): 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
[q

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Razes School, Hotel In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / Cost Of Rent Around Oyo| Co-tenant / Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.