Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? (29530 Views)

UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Slimdan360: 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
SoftP:
Q
Q for Queen
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by kondogbia(m): 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
Country is messed up. Graduated three years ago still no job till now. May God help us all. 2.2 graduate of geology. Please any help anyone can render ooooo, make man no begin dey depressed.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
nobody go tell u to hustle on ur own

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by kondogbia(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
SmartPolician:
I got the position of a filling station manager the same month I passed out. It was an NNPC affiliate

I quit after one year because I was too decent to be involved in lots of "dirty things" that I was compelled to do.

Today, I am my own boss
good

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2020
Onyi22:

What about marriage, am interested

grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by uuzba(m): 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2020
kondogbia:
Country is messed up. Graduated three years ago still no job till now. May God help us all. 2.2 graduate of geology. Please any help anyone can render ooooo, make man no begin dey depressed.
All the thing you wrote here, you didn't write Hustle
Be waiting there and complaining on Nairaland daily.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Mopolchi: 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2020
it took me time befor i got dis one wey i dey do now.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2020
I got a job before I graduated. Started working 4 days later because I wanted to rest. Started with 150k monthly. The rest is history. Salary is now a 7 figure monthly.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by capitalR: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2020
7victor:
Immediately I finished my NYSC in 2010,I was given an appointment letter to start working in a bank with a salary of N2,200,000 CTC which translated to about N183,000 per month.

I did the documentation in the bank but at the nick of starting the job fully, the job was stopped by CBN.

That is how I lost the opportunity.

I started teaching in private schools from 2011 to 2018.

During that time, I came to nairaland and wrote that I needed a tall,slim,dark, beautiful girl for marriage.

I wrote my number in case a lady wanted to call because I have discovered that I love a lady more if she is the one who first approach me for relationship.

If I first approach a lady, I can easily leave her without thinking twice.

But if she is the one that first comes to me, I use to find it hard to leave her and even if she leaves me, I use to find it hard to forget her.

That is my discovery about myself.

So I wanted a situation where I will be able to love my woman so much and hold onto her forever.

That was why I wanted a lady to first call me and indicate her interest in me.

So I wrote my number in case a lady would have the presence of mind to call me for marriage so that I could marry her.

Two girls actually called but when I wanted to get serious with them,they backed out because what I was earning in private schools was peanut.

Although they didn't just leave me suddenly, but they were playing hide and seek and didn't want to immediately get married.

They said I was the kind of man a woman would love to marry but that my income was too small.

These two girls were in their early twenties so they were not under pressure to marry.

They were still taking their time.

I said no problem.

Then last year,God answered my prayers and gave me a lecturing job.

So I waited 9 years after NYSC to get a lecturing job.

During those 9 years,I got a Master and I am currently running a PhD.

Glory be to God.
[b][/b][i][/i]wonderful, this is a testimony and I key into it IN Jesus name
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by amliftedhigher: 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
Real Job is 3 years but instead of being idle is 1 year and 6 months.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Bawofss(m): 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
lucky4west:
7 months after NYSC.....move around for series of interviews test etc...but finally got a bank in Lagos and the rest is history....but right now i need an accounting graduate with a 2.1 or upper credit for immediate employment if u have or know any one holla at me sharp sharp make we run am

how do we contact u
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
saasala:

There was actually no need telling us about the ladies who called you from Nairaland as it has nothing to do with the topic. How long did you wait to get a job after graduation? Simple.
Whether it was part of the question or not, we love his story and liked it as well. It's by far the most appreciated post on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by polimaf(m): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
smiley
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by k4all(m): 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
Immediately after my POP. But Left after I gained One year working experience added to my CV, which was the ultimate goal; even though my appointment had been confirmed on paper.

Made it easier to secure the next job.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by slydog(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
7victor:
Immediately I finished my NYSC in 2010,I was given an appointment letter to start working in a bank with a salary of N2,200,000 CTC which translated to about N183,000 per month.

I did the documentation in the bank but at the nick of starting the job fully, the job was stopped by CBN.

That is how I lost the opportunity.

I started teaching in private schools from 2011 to 2018.

During that time, I came to nairaland and wrote that I needed a tall,slim,dark, beautiful girl for marriage.

I wrote my number in case a lady wanted to call because I have discovered that I love a lady more if she is the one who first approach me for relationship.

If I first approach a lady, I can easily leave her without thinking twice.

But if she is the one that first comes to me, I use to find it hard to leave her and even if she leaves me, I use to find it hard to forget her.

That is my discovery about myself.

So I wanted a situation where I will be able to love my woman so much and hold onto her forever.

That was why I wanted a lady to first call me and indicate her interest in me.

So I wrote my number in case a lady would have the presence of mind to call me for marriage so that I could marry her.

Two girls actually called but when I wanted to get serious with them,they backed out because what I was earning in private schools was peanut.

Although they didn't just leave me suddenly, but they were playing hide and seek and didn't want to immediately get married.

They said I was the kind of man a woman would love to marry but that my income was too small.

These two girls were in their early twenties so they were not under pressure to marry.

They were still taking their time.

I said no problem.

Then last year,God answered my prayers and gave me a lecturing job.

So I waited 9 years after NYSC to get a lecturing job.

During those 9 years,I got a Master and I am currently running a PhD.

Glory be to God.
I love this. Similar to mine.
I left nysc in Feb 2011, started looking for job and immediately enrolled for a master's degree, when I was about completing my msc, got a job in a bank in December 2012 and I've been working since then. I'm eight years in the banking industry this year and completed my PhD two years ago. I intend leaving the industry next year March to anything field outstanding banking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by 360great(m): 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
One month
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by glosplendid(f): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
Currently searching
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by OscarJaden(m): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr....
I waited for God knows how long

But now a real niggarr is no longer waiting

Computer science from university of Benin

Now am no longer waiting....use that computer knowledge to huzzle on my own...
The world can go fuckkk itself....
Just open my laptop and huzzle the dawn
just keep bombing damnnn niggarrr

the hustle must pay off

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Onogueks(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
Currently looking for job, graduate of elect/elect. Also looking for someone in the field I can learn from.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by StennyB(f): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
I don't have a "job"

Its been two years now.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by richmondefosa(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
Finished from the University of Benin 2016
Served in Ikenga Hotels 2017 in Nsukka, Enugu State.
I was retained after service.
Got a better offer in Lagos in a fine-dining restaurant on the island as a waiter. Pay was over a 100k grin
Worked there less than a year and was made Assistant Manager. Didn't work in the new position for up to 3 months when i moved to the financial industry with a better pay, working environment and awesome prospects.
I am currently a banker with one of the finest multinational banks with several branches spread across Africa. Working in Operations backend.
I am learning programming (self tutoring).
I sew clothes during my free time. (A skill i learnt during my NYSC days).

For the records, I graduated with a 2.2.
Since i graduated, i have never been out of a job.
You are only limited by your mind.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by 7victor(m): 3:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ibfpleasant:
Were you able to meet a lady who approached you first and finally got married ?

One lady has a big provision store.

She said she loved me because I have a gentle nature.

She asked me to marry her and I have accepted.

She said she is willing to close her provision store and join me in the state I am lecturing.

But I have told her not to do so because the shop brings in good money for her.

We are still discussing and soon anything can happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Gabriel004: 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr....
I waited for God knows how long

But now a real niggarr is no longer waiting

Computer science from university of Benin

Now am no longer waiting....use that computer knowledge to huzzle on my own...
The world can go fuckkk itself....
Just open my laptop and huzzle till dawn
Baba, I won join your hustle o. I am a graduate of lautech, still searching. I no get any job o.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by ezechi24(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2020
Kenneygirl:
wowww smiley

don't bother he already has a woman in his life..no need shouting wow wow dey form siren because he don turn lecturer... sorry.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by 7victor(m): 3:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
slydog:

I love this. Similar to mine.
I left nysc in Feb 2011, started looking for job and immediately enrolled for a master's degree, when I was about completing my msc, got a job in a bank in December 2012 and I've been working since then. I'm eight years in the banking industry this year and completed my PhD two years ago. I intend leaving the industry next year March to anything field outstanding banking.

Congrats sir.

I pray that the same way you finished your PhD, I will finish mine next year.

With God all things are possible.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Larryomooba(m): 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
lucky4west:
7 months after NYSC.....move around for series of interviews test etc...but finally got a bank in Lagos and the rest is history....but right now i need an accounting graduate with a 2.1 or upper credit for immediate employment if u have or know any one holla at me sharp sharp make we run am
How do we contact you o
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by 7victor(m): 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
capitalR:

[b][/b][i][/i]wonderful, this is a testimony and I key into it IN Jesus name

Amen.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by 7victor(m): 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
Onyi22:

What about marriage, am interested
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Mummymahdi(f): 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
2012 till date no job for me, am hustling though
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by CzarChris(m): 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ohthinktwice:
Considering how difficult it was to get admission into the University, one would think that once that happened, someone's problems would be over, however that often turns out to be the beginning of an entirely different problem which wouldn't be solved until one had successfully graduated from the University.

Then after the celebration of graduation was over, the reality soon sets in about how all that effort, time and resources, etc being invested into getting a University degree was basically to make one able to get a good job.

A few graduates are lucky enough to get a job immediately afterwards, but most have to wait. And the time of waiting differs from individual to individual. Some have to wait for months, some up to a year, others have wait to for up five years and even more.

So what category do you fall into? He long did you have to wait before you got a job after graduation?

Share your experiences here so others could learn a thing or two to help them prepare for life after graduation.

Cheers.
One week into NYSC camp i actually got a call to resume as a contact staff in a multinational company. Though the pay was extremely poor, the experience garnered was immeasurable. I've changed jobs since then, i now lecture and I run a consultancy firm now. All i can say is that God has been too faithful to me.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by famozair: 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
God777:
I gruaduated ten years ago and am still searching

Are you serious or joking.....since 2010.. till date no at all ..at all job, or skills.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Helina Gbadegesin, A Female Graduate Who Is A Carpenter (Photos) / Bank Workers Pull Out Of Planned Nationwide Strike / Women Bosses And Their Women Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.