Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:43 PM

Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives (21030 Views)

Stella Oduah: Only Ingrates Will Say Buhari Hasn’t Done Anything For South East / 2023: Tinubu’s Loyalists Kick, As APC Chiefs Want Christian Candidate From South / Zabarmari: Boko Haram Has Addressed Nigerians While Buhari Hasn’t – Aisha Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by nairavsdollars(f): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State on Sunday said some of the current Service Chiefs are desirous of retiring but have refused to do because President Muhammadu Buhari who appointed them have refused to give them directives.

Speaking on Channels Television programme ‘Sunday Politics’, Fayemi, who advocated for the renewal of leadership in the top military echelon said that “the morale of those who should have been in the leadership positions in our security architecture is at the lowest ebb because our service chiefs are still holding sway.”

Fayemi, who said the governors will inform the President about the feelings of Nigerians on the insecurity crisis in the country, said if he was the President, he would have asked the current Service Chiefs to suggest the best of hands to succeed them and after that has been done, the service chiefs can be eased out.

“If I’m in that position, my approach would have been different. I think the Service Chiefs have served the country well. They have been committed. I know them personally and I know how well they are committed to ensuring that we get rid of this insurgency.

“But the point is, if you have done something, the same thing for five years and you have even gone beyond your retirement age. Of course, you can argue that for Service Chiefs, there is no really a retirement age. But the military has protocols and processes and from time to time, one of the really important considerations is the renewal of the leadership.

“My approach will be for Mr. President to ask them in their role as Service Chiefs who understand this military know their men very well to even be the one that will suggest some of the best men that will step into their shoes. It is not about sacking them; it is about transitioning them out of their current responsibilities into retirement".

“I am sure and a part of me even feels that there may be some of them that will rather exit now but they wouldn’t want to be seen as jumping the ship if they have not been directed to do so by Mr. President. But I am not the president of Nigeria.

“The president of Nigeria is well within his right to determine how he wants to address this. Our own as governors and his field commanders in the 36 states is to let him know the feelings of our people about security in the country and that we will do when we have the meeting.”
https://www.independent.ng/service-chiefs-want-to-exit-but-buhari-didnt-give-them-directives-fayemi/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Karlovich: 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
Useless clowns that lack vision and initiative

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by truthfulparrot(m): 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Why is PMB still retaining the service chiefs despite their obvious poor performance and the fact they are long die for retirement? Are they the only capable hands in the military?
Is there anything between the service chiefs and PMB that Nigerians are not aware of? I am confused because even several APC governors and supporters had called for the sack of the service chiefs.

PMB should remember that he took an oath before God and men to protect Nigerians and our constitution. The President is expected to put the lives of Nigerians above his own.

Nigerians are bring slaughtered like chickens on daily basis. We cannot travel to our villages because of kidnappers. We cannot go to our farms because of bandits. Is PMB aware of all this? What are his aides telling him? If his aides are shying away from telling him the truth because of their selfish gains what about his immediate family? What are they telling him?

Where is the National Assembly? Nigerians should now under the benefit of having somebody like Saraki as the Senate President..... Everything is not about tribe, religion or party. We need competent people.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
cry

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
He can't sack them nah!

They know his secret. That he's from Sudan.

8 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Ottyn01(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2020
undecided undecidedundecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by realstars: 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
Fulani Go Fulani Come, The Serviece Are The Same.

16 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Lanretoye(m): 2:49am On Dec 07, 2020
oku no dey give directory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by hisexcellency34: 4:01am On Dec 07, 2020
I agree with Fayemi..any service Chief with conscience will want to resign but Buhari will not approve it

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by edo3(m): 4:08am On Dec 07, 2020
Those people don block many generals space ooo.. Those svc chiefs has sown a seed of discord among d offrs.. Haba,, a lot of generals would retire wt them.

17 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by adaragbotemi: 4:09am On Dec 07, 2020
Its high time they stop milking the nation dry without any thing to show for it
all our service chiefs are no longer fit

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Racoon(m): 4:55am On Dec 07, 2020
".....Governors will inform the President about the feelings of Nigerians on the insecurity crisis in the country......"
This statement is self indicting. It still affirms that Buhari is sitting atop the presidency of this nation but so thoroughly disconnected from his citizens that until he is briefed, he is not aware or shocked as usual.

Just imagine how a man that attained the rank of a Major General through quota system have bastardized the career of many young prospective military officers with his bigotry, clannishness and ethnic supremacist thinking Buhari have destroyed productivity in the military with his obstinacy.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Lexusgs430: 5:00am On Dec 07, 2020
Does he have to give them......... Truly laughable excuse.....

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by cynthia500(f): 5:01am On Dec 07, 2020
“Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by jidamsel43(m): 5:03am On Dec 07, 2020
Who will be in that position and be willing to retire without being sacked or forced?

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by JoeEeL(m): 5:04am On Dec 07, 2020
Fayemi, I have seen you have joined being stupid with the rest of the Buharideens.

When did you become a spokesman? Useless governor, you'll not go and focus on Ekiti matters. That's how, to my utter dismay, I found you on my facebook feed, defending Buhari, saying that there is nothing that suggests he's not in charge of his senses.

So the Buhari cannot come out and address the people he governs for how many years now? undecided

I will not call you a morron.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by EBEk101(m): 5:05am On Dec 07, 2020
they are all incompetent so what do u expect
he doesn't listen to advice so he still want to be surrounded by incompetent fellows

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by helinues: 5:06am On Dec 07, 2020
angry

Fayemi, who said the governors will inform the President about the feelings of Nigerians on the insecurity crisis in the country

What kind of fucke.ry statement was that?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Fasindo: 5:07am On Dec 07, 2020
o:

[color=#55000]He will giv them directive when Aso Rock is over run by bandits.

Anyway am fully in support of the service chiefs staying till 2023 cos they are doing a nice job.

In as much as they keep killing innocent IPOB and shooting innocent protesters while keeping closed eyes at boko haram and bandits that are fellow Muslim umma they should please stay[/color]

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by GreaterFuture(m): 5:07am On Dec 07, 2020
I think that at this Point, none of us care what you people do or want to do amongst yourselves. If you like exchange your Heads on Each other's necks, na una sabi. Wicked people!

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by F117nighthawk: 5:11am On Dec 07, 2020
I wonder what would have been BUHARI,S reaction if it were to be the time he was in the military that what presently he is doing to the Nigerian armed forces was what he experienced where his superiors were not retired and allowed to stay like what he has done to Buratai and co

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by anochuko01(m): 5:11am On Dec 07, 2020
E be like say Fear dey catch the useless buhari.
I'll like to know who are the likely service chiefs after these ones. I mean the next highest ranked officers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Aufbauh(m): 5:14am On Dec 07, 2020
I'd want to use this medium to volunteer myself to President Muhammadu Buhari as Chief Of Army Staff if he hasn't seen anyone capable to appoint.

I'll not be taking salary and i won't plot coup. I'll end Boko Haram and banditry in 2 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Grace001: 5:16am On Dec 07, 2020
Mmmm
Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Adonisteve: 5:17am On Dec 07, 2020
shocked
Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by kennyz247(m): 5:17am On Dec 07, 2020
lie
Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Lincoln275(m): 5:18am On Dec 07, 2020
Coz He is naturally weak
Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Talknochip(m): 5:19am On Dec 07, 2020
Nigerians are in for a long thing.......

Waiting for a directive from someone who is not aware of his environment or being alive?!

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi: Service Chiefs Want To Retire But Buhari Hasn’t Give Them Directives by Mitsurugi(m): 5:19am On Dec 07, 2020
There is more to all this than meets the eye. Even Buhari's supporters (if they'll say the truth) are lost as to why he's still persisting with the incompetent lot angry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Ramaphosa Departs South Africa For Tinubu's Inauguration / Okorocha And Wife Carted Away 67 Vehicles - Task Force Alleges / Okonjo-Iweala To Reps - When You Invite Ministers, Treat Them With Respect!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.