Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:22 AM

FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving (8451 Views)

Pelumi Nubi Involved In Accident While Driving By Road From London To Lagos / Man's Car Tumbles In Lagos After He Fell Asleep While Driving (Pix) / FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by adenigga(m): 6:45am On Dec 07, 2020
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Lagos Sector Command, yesterday, vowed to commence arrests and prosecution of motorists, who make phone calls while driving. FRSC said it had observed with dismay, the rampant use of phone by motorists while driving on the road.

The Sector Commander, Olusegun Ogungbemide, who made this disclosure, said the corps had noticed a rising disregard of traffic and safety regulations, which forbid use of phone behind wheels.

According to him, traffic laws are for the safety of all road users and efforts should be made by all motorists to only do those things that can make them stay alive.

“We have noticed rising rate of infractions in phoning or use of phone while driving, non-use of seatbelt, rickety vehicles that are not road worthy, lane shunting and general irresponsible driving culture.

“The National Road Traffic Regulations 2012 section 166 (1) on Use of Communication devices while driving states that no driver of a vehicle shall whilst the vehicle is in motion receive or make a telephone call in any form. It also states that an instructor shall not make or receive telephone call in any form while supervising a learner undertaking driving lessons.

“The regulations further state that a telephone call shall include: Sending or receiving oral or written messages; sending or receiving facsimile documents; sending or receiving still or moving images; accessing, surfing or browsing the Internet.

“The above traffic regulations are for our good. We have lost so many drivers and other innocent people due to distraction the use of phone caused them while on the road. Peace-loving, responsible Lagosians and road users are also passing through a lot of pains due to the actions of these few who will not obey simple regulations to keep themselves alive.

“The command cannot watch and allow these illegality to strive in a decent environment like ours, especially as we enter the peak period of the year. All Lagos State commands of the corps have been given the mandate to nip these recklessness in the bud by getting all forms of road misconduct apprehended,” he stated.

https://m.guardian.ng/News/FRSC-to-start-arresting-motorists-making-calls-while-driving

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by 1Alex: 6:47am On Dec 07, 2020
Dem no dey arrest den before?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by nony43(m): 6:48am On Dec 07, 2020
Abeg this should be a nation wide thing. You will see a driving on top speed answering calls from waybill people

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by GOFRONT(m): 6:48am On Dec 07, 2020
Ok
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Ottyn01(m): 6:54am On Dec 07, 2020
Maybe when they start arresting motorist making calls Nigeria will be a better place"
They should also start arresting people listening to radio in there cars

Useless peopleundecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Nanaborga(m): 6:56am On Dec 07, 2020
Shuoooooo

I never see this niggars for road since the endsars protest ooo , in fact I don drive calabar to uyo road through odukpani to itu yesterday and I nor see any of this law enforcer for road aside some immigration officers and soldiers wey dey for corner . I nor even travel with license and my car papers don expire sef , road safety nor get mind to stop me sef , talk more of seizing my phone or arresting me

6 Likes

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:12am On Dec 07, 2020
That should be better
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2020
Chai,that means Papa chukwudi will be sleeping inside FRSC cell.
How can he not be making calls on his way to clear kontainer.

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Bornsinner7: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2020
jonzing road safety
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by UdyOgwoUde(m): 7:29am On Dec 07, 2020
Mek FRSC comot wetin dey their eyes before dem go begin they comot wetin dey other people's eyes.
This can happen to anyone at anytime. FRSC is not exempted from having fire extinguisher.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Emeka71(m): 7:29am On Dec 07, 2020
Good move as in all the people that love to show themselves would be in this trap; I see no reason why somebody should be doing something else when driving..
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by clefstone(m): 7:29am On Dec 07, 2020
Arrest? Does FRSC now have a prison?
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by handsomeyinka(m): 7:31am On Dec 07, 2020
Why arrest them?.

Just give them a Fine and let go.

Must y'all arrest eveyone?

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Wiwila: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2020
Safety first.
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by goshen26: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2020
Good
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Abuimam6: 7:33am On Dec 07, 2020
Don't call and drive, it's very risky.

Do you need a beautiful, responsive and secure website, online business or Startup? Click my name to get one from 15k.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by thatsleepboy1: 7:34am On Dec 07, 2020
What bullshit? Sth they've been doing since and BTW they've been causing accident in highways. This is an avenue for them to auctions innocent people's vehicles just like what LASTMA did few week ago. E go red for this country.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by seunlayi(m): 7:34am On Dec 07, 2020
God want to shame this people....dem go arrest their fellow officers tire. Frsc are also guilty of this risky habit
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by ODJ124(m): 7:34am On Dec 07, 2020
Though its a welcome development.... but FRSC should go and rest Abeg

Thread seen...

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Odunolumide(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2020
I hope they won't start dragging the wheel with drivers they see making calls or start a hot chase.
Now that the government intend on giving them calls,they will just shoot any driver giving them hard time.
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by seunlayi(m): 7:37am On Dec 07, 2020

They need to redefined this law. Can't I call when in traffic jam? It should be moving vehicle, telling me not to call when Lagos traffic is holding me down for hours on a few minutes journey when you failed to clear the road for free movement.

4 Likes

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Muhylonaire007: 7:37am On Dec 07, 2020
grin
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Badonasty(m): 7:37am On Dec 07, 2020
lol...na today?...even me wey dey use Bluetooth?
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by Openbusiness: 7:38am On Dec 07, 2020
Arrest kee u dia. They should arrest their officers collecting bribes on the road first, nonsense and Buhari security.
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by seunlayi(m): 7:40am On Dec 07, 2020
Badonasty:
lol...na today?...even me wey dey use Bluetooth?

No mind dem
Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by MajesticKris: 7:40am On Dec 07, 2020
Nice .. But I use bluetooth grin

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Start Arresting Motorists Making Calls While Driving by banio: 7:41am On Dec 07, 2020
So FRSC will start doing phone search to know which driver just made a phone call or just read an SMS or was watching blue film while driving.

Nonsense ingredient

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lost City Of Pompeii. / Dana Air To Review Aib’s Full Reports On Ill-fated Crash / 14 Things To Do Before And After A Car Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.