Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Is Fg's N30,000 Enough For Taxi Drivers, Keke Napep And Okada Riders? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Fg's N30,000 Enough For Taxi Drivers, Keke Napep And Okada Riders? (235 Views)

Fakeye Olufemi: Carpenters, Taxi Drivers Should Pay Tax — They Make Money / Police And Okada Riders Clash In Ogba, Lagos / N30,000 Grants For Okada, Keke, Taxi Drivers, Cart Pushers, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Fg's N30,000 Enough For Taxi Drivers, Keke Napep And Okada Riders? by Jhayphil: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2020
On Sunday, I read a statement that the Federal Government would soon commence the enrolment and payment of N30,000 to Nigerians operating in the transport business – including rideshare drivers Uber, Bolt, etc, taxi drivers, bus drivers, Keke Napep riders, Okada riders, cart pushers etc.

The first thing that came to mind was, is N30,000 really enough?
What can N30,000 do for these people, then I remembered that my brake pad and fan belt are two problems I need to attend to very urgently.

In fact, my mechanic told me that if my fan belt cuts, I will be stuck at that very point but even worse is that the day my brake will fail, he prays I don’t kill anybody but as a rugged Lagos boy, no be today, we dey drive without brake.

So why am I writing this? It is because all the money I need to fix my car is less than N15k and I don’t have it. It was then that I knew that N30,000 is a lot of money even for me. If I get that N30,000, I will not only fix my car, I will balance at my regular joint and buy fish and beer to wash it down.

That aside, no government has done this for Nigerians as long as I can remember, so therefore this must count for something. As we say in Naija, it is our national cake and more people are eating from it.
The statement by Laolu Akande, Prof. Osinbajo’s spokesperson also said they are paying salaries of private businesses that were affected by COVID and that the artisans have also gotten N30,000.

Just to verify the information, I went to Twitter and typed Survival Fund and Payroll Support, guy, I weak. See people getting alert anyhow and flashing it on social media. Abeg where I dey wey all these things dey happen?

Anyhow sha, I must collect inside this national cake and I dey encourage others to tell people wey dem know wey be driver or artisan.

Remember, na our national cake.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/12/01/uber-bolt-drivers-okada-riders-to-benefit-from-fgs-n30k-grant/

Re: Is Fg's N30,000 Enough For Taxi Drivers, Keke Napep And Okada Riders? by uptimum123(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2020
Yes its enough to cover for the effect of covid-19 pandemic

1 Like

Re: Is Fg's N30,000 Enough For Taxi Drivers, Keke Napep And Okada Riders? by Kriss216: 10:03am On Dec 07, 2020
Let’s talk about FG’s 30K later...

You drive without brakes? It’s crazy how you intentionally gambles with your life.
Re: Is Fg's N30,000 Enough For Taxi Drivers, Keke Napep And Okada Riders? by Jollylolly(f): 10:05am On Dec 07, 2020
The sad truth is that most of these napep, and okada riders, as hardworking and dedicated as they are, their take home most time is not up to the 30K (monthly).
This is a random testimonies given by this categories of riders.
Now tell me, a man with a family riding napep, get a grant of 30K from the FG's ESP, do you think he will say it is not enough or say a bad of rice is 30K?

What some Nigerians know but chose to chase clout is that, even when the bag of rice was sold for 8K, majority dont but full bag...What was rampant was..You buy half bag and complement wit with beans.
Re: Is Fg's N30,000 Enough For Taxi Drivers, Keke Napep And Okada Riders? by princemillla(m): 10:07am On Dec 07, 2020
How do one enroll for this program
Re: Is Fg's N30,000 Enough For Taxi Drivers, Keke Napep And Okada Riders? by Charmingrascal(m): 10:07am On Dec 07, 2020
Jhayphil:
On Sunday, I read a statement that the Federal Government would soon commence the enrolment and payment of N30,000 to Nigerians operating in the transport business – including rideshare drivers Uber, Bolt, etc, taxi drivers, bus drivers, Keke Napep riders, Okada riders, cart pushers etc.

The first thing that came to mind was, is N30,000 really enough?
What can N30,000 do for these people, then I remembered that my brake pad and fan belt are two problems I need to attend to very urgently.

In fact, my mechanic told me that if my fan belt cuts, I will be stuck at that very point but even worse is that the day my brake will fail, he prays I don’t kill anybody but as a rugged Lagos boy, no be today, we dey drive without brake.

So why am I writing this? It is because all the money I need to fix my car is less than N15k and I don’t have it. It was then that I knew that N30,000 is a lot of money even for me. If I get that N30,000, I will not only fix my car, I will balance at my regular joint and buy fish and beer to wash it down.

That aside, no government has done this for Nigerians as long as I can remember, so therefore this must count for something. As we say in Naija, it is our national cake and more people are eating from it.
The statement by Laolu Akande, Prof. Osinbajo’s spokesperson also said they are paying salaries of private businesses that were affected by COVID and that the artisans have also gotten N30,000.

Just to verify the information, I went to Twitter and typed Survival Fund and Payroll Support, guy, I weak. See people getting alert anyhow and flashing it on social media. Abeg where I dey wey all these things dey happen?

Anyhow sha, I must collect inside this national cake and I dey encourage others to tell people wey dem know wey be driver or artisan.

Remember, na our national cake.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/12/01/uber-bolt-drivers-okada-riders-to-benefit-from-fgs-n30k-grant/

FG that can't pay November salary as at when due is doing giveaway of 30K.
Have you seen anyone who got the money?

Government of deceit
Regime of evil

(1) (Reply)

This Is Nigeria For You / Northern Group Honour Nzenweofor Group Chairman With Man Of Gold Award. / BREAKING: Police Disperse Protesting Shiites With Teargas In Abuja |

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.