Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London (94360 Views)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Kubrat Pulev Out In The 9th Round / Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 / Kubrat Pulev Suspended After Kissing A Female Reporter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Matinho: 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
If you had taken your time to reason and listen to yourself, you would have seen that whatever link you are posting is taken down
KNIGHTBlaed:

If you had taken your time to go through the posts, you would have seen the link posted..

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
Okolie don knock person pikin down
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
PAWG:
Fight is slated for 11.30pm for now this is what’s showing
YouTube?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by bigcee(m): 11:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
Live stream grin

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by ctex4real(m): 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
You sabi jare. I come dey wonder the Fury him dey yarn about
KNIGHTBlaed:

Oga mi, when Fury defeated Klitchko, he was unified champion, it's nothing new. He had all titles when He defeated Klitchko.
Every boxing fight is about Legacy. Fury can never be the greatest heavyweight in history. Even as British, Lewis is miles ahead of both AJ and Fury.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
Matinho:
If you had taken your time to reason and listen to yourself, you would have seen that whatever link you are posting is taken down

I am watching it at the moment there. I would have gladly searched for a live link for you, but baba do am yourself, you too get data.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by leesamyoung(m): 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

I am watching it at the moment there. I would have gladly searched for a live link for you, but baba do am yourself, you too get data.
please share it for Joshua sake
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BREYZ: 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2020
robosky02:
Anthony Joshua vs Pulev

Anthony Joshua will defend his IBF, WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles against Kubrat Pulev in what is the biggest fight to take place on these shores during the remainder of 2020.

Joshua (23-1) is hoping to move a step closer to that dream unification showdown with fellow British heavyweight king Tyson Fury next summer, while for the veteran Pulev (28-1) this could be the last chance of victory at the very highest level.

While Joshua will start as a hot favourite to retain his titles and close in on that huge Fury showdown, heavyweight boxing is a dangerous game. And ‘The Gypsy King’ may well be sat behind his sofa in Morecambe. Lancashire with his eyes closed hoping nothing goes wrong for his big rival.

If Joshua does prevail, it will be full steam ahead for next summer and the biggest fight in British boxing history.

Joshua vs Pulev date, time, venue and tickets:

Joshua vs Pulev will take place at the SSE Arena, Wembley (moved from the O2 Arena) in London on Saturday December 12, 2020.

After the recent relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions for UK sporting events, a crowd of 1000 fans will be allowed into the arena. Tickets went on sale on Friday December 4 and unsurprisingly they sold out in double-quick time.

The fight had initially been due to take place at at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20, but that date was scuppered by the onset of the global COVID-19 pandemic.

With the bout taking place in the UK, ring walk times for Joshua vs Pulev are likely to be between 2200 GMT (1700 ET) and 2300 GMT (1800 ET).

Joshua vs Pulev TV channel, live stream and PPV price:

Joshua is a huge box-office draw and his last bout – that revenge victory over Andy Ruiz Jr in their rematch in Saudi Arabia last December – drew a domestic record 1.6million pay-per-view buys on Sky Sports Box Office. Each paid £24.95 for the privilege.

The Pulev fight will again be a Sky Sports PPV at a price of £24.95 with Joshua continuing his highly successful association with the UK’s biggest pay-TV broadcaster.

Joshua vs Pulev will be showed by streaming platform DAZN ($19.99 per month or $99 for an annual subscription) in the United States, along with its other eight markets (Canada, Germany, Japan, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Switzerland and Austria).

DAZN has also announced that Joshua vs Pulev will air in more than 200 markets as part of its December global launch. But not in the UK of course due to AJ’s contract with Sky Sports.

Joshua vs Pulev odds
Not surprisingly Joshua is a heavy favourite to improve his record to 24-1 and retain his world heavyweight titles. He is a best-priced 1/8 to come out victorious and as short as 1/10 in places. Pulev meanwhile is generally a 5/1 or 11/2 shot with the Draw a 33/1 or 40/1 chance.

For those punters looking for a little better in terms of return for their money, Joshua is 3/1 to win by decision or technical decision.

Joshua vs Pulev weights:

The weigh-in for Joshua vs Pulev will be held 24 hours before the fight takes place – on Friday December 11.

Joshua weighed in at 237lbs (16st 13lbs) for his last bout, that points defeat of Ruiz Jr in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in December 2019, That was some 10 pounds lighter than he had been for the first meeting.

Pulev weighed in at 248lbs (17st 10lbs) for his last ring outing, a unanimous decision over Rydell Booker in Fresno, California last November.

Anthony Joshua record and profile:
Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua, or ‘AJ’, was born on October 15, 1989 and is now 31 years old.

Joshua, born in Watford, stands 6ft 6ins tall with a reach of 82ins. His current CV as a professional stands at 23-1 with 21 wins inside distance.

The only blot is that upset loss to Andy Ruiz Jr at Madison Square Garden in June 2019. It was quickly avenged with a points victory in Saudi Arabia in December 2019.

Before that, Joshua had looked invincible. He transitioned effortlessly from 2012 Olympic gold to world-title glory.

His first major test as a pro came against fellow Briton Dillian Whyte in December 2015. AJ prevailed via a seventh-round TKO.

Joshua would claim his first world title in his very next fight, demolishing Charles Martin inside two rounds in April 2016.

The next big moment came at Wembley Stadium in April 2017 when AJ fought an unforgettable duel with Wladimir Klitschko.

Joshua was down and almost out before winning via a sensational stoppage in Round 11. The win saw Joshua add the WBA world heavyweight title to his IBF belt.

Victories over Carlos Takam, WBO champion Joseph Parker and Alexander Povetkin followed before that disastrous night against Ruiz Jr. The 30/1 underdog shocked the world with a seventh-round stoppage.

Joshua immediately forced that Saudi Arabia rematch. He regained his titles by boxing smartly against an opponent who appeared to have already lost to the refrigerator.

Kubrat Pulev record and profile:

Kubrat Pulev was born on May 4, 1981 in Sofia, Bulgaria and is now 39 years old. He has a professional record of 28-1. Fourteen of those wins came inside distance.

Pulev, known as ‘The Cobra’, turned professional in 2009. He stands 6ft 4½ins tall with a reach of 79½ins. Pulev won his first 20 fights to earn a shot at Wladimir Klitschko’s world heavyweight titles.

Klitschko vs Pulev took place in Altona, Germany in November 2014. For the Bulgarian it was a rude awakening.

‘Dr Steelhammer’ wasn’t always the most exciting world champion to watch. But in his 17th title defence he was clearly confident of an early night.

Pulev was down twice in the opening round, and only real heart took it any further. The end was highlight-reel stuff as Klitschko closed the show with a crushing left hook in round 5.

It has taken six long years for Pulev to get back to world-title level. He has rebuilt his career with some decent victories over the likes of British pair Dereck Chisora and Hughie Fury. But there is a big difference between that and truly elite level.

Pulev’s co-promoter Arum is convinced his man can shock the world. But he’s a promoter, he would say that, wouldn’t he?

Joshua vs Pulev undercard
Lawrence Okolie (14-0, 11 KOs) takes on Krzysztof Glowacki (31-2, 19 KOs) for the vacant WBO Cruiserweight World Title on the Joshua vs Pulev undercard on December 12.

Meanwhile two exciting Heavyweight matchups have been added to the supporting line-up.

Hughie Fury (24-3, 14 KOs) takes on Poland’s Mariusz Wach (36-6, 19 KOs), a former opponent of Wladimir Klitschko, Alexander Povetkin and Dillian Whyte.

“I’m very excited to be back in action again on December 12,” said Fury. “It’s been a while and I’m ready to show what I’m all about. I’ve been in the gym working on a lot of different aspects of my game, perfecting what I needed to do.”

Meanwhile Martin Bakole and Sergey Kuzmin clash for the vacant WBC International Heavyweight Title after their proposed fight earlier in the year was rescheduled. Both men share respective 15-1 records and will be looking to gatecrash the world rankings.

“I’m really looking forward to fighting for the WBC International Title on such a big night of boxing, said Bakole. “A victory over Kuzmin is another step to making my dreams come true.”

“This fight with Bakole is very important for me, I need to bounce back from my defeat to Michael Hunter last time and get back on track towards a World Title,” revealed Kuzmin. “Martin is big, tall and comes forward, we know his strengths. I come only to win on December 12.”

https://furyjoshua.com/news/joshua-vs-pulev-date-time-tv-live-stream-odds

AJ is losing this fight, e go shock everybody grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by robosky02(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2020
Let's go there....
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2020
ctex4real:
You sabi jare. I come dey wonder the Fury him dey yarn about

Lol. It's obvious he loves Fury. He is not wrong tho being a fury fan. I love this thread, seeing people that love boxing. Really interesting thread. Make AJ just round this thing up now and make us happy. grin grin grin

AJ vs Pulev is next, build up now
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by BigFool01: 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2020
Where can I see this match...the DAZN on web keeps lagging **sad face**
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2020
leesamyoung:

please share it for Joshua sake

I will look for one and share before the fight starts. Some people just sit for them house dey nag like say na my job to post link for am
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Openbusiness: 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

Google Lewis please. Fury dey learn for Lewis side
I know Lennox Lewis like I know suya. Back in the days, I loved watching his fights then, BUT he is no match for Fury. Even this old school British boxing promoter said Fury would defeat Lennox Lewis in his prime. The best version of Lennox Lewis cannot defeat Fury.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/11969696/tyson-fury-lewis-wilder-klitschko-warren/
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
I'm rooting for AJ but I'm still hunted with the way he was battered by Ruiz in their first meeting even though he regained his belts but I have also watched Pulev being dominated and only won on split decisions.

In boxing, anything can happen
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by famzynet: 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
Has the match started?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
famzynet:
Has the match started?

Nope
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by ab1x: 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
Anybody with a link for the match, please ?
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
bigcee:

Baba u too much jooor grin .Thanks

Thanks and hope you can access it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by bigcee(m): 11:34pm On Dec 12, 2020
byrron:

Thanks and hope you can access it.
Yea sure, I can. Thank you
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Kubin: 11:36pm On Dec 12, 2020
I can't find the channel that will show it on DStv, some one should help

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2020
bigcee:

Yea sure, I can. Thank you

Sometimes it can freeze and all you have to do is just to refresh the link.

I canceled my dish subscription 2 years ago when a Nairalander shared this same link with me and I now watch every sporting events here including EPL games as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by GoshenNLA(m): 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2020
Openbusiness:
I know Lennox Lewis like I know suya. Back in the days, I loved watching his fights then, BUT he is no match for Fury. Even this old school British boxing promoter said Fury would defeat Lennox Lewis in his prime. The best version of Lennox Lewis cannot defeat Fury.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/11969696/tyson-fury-lewis-wilder-klitschko-warren/
You are joking ryt, Lewis will finish Fury 10 times out of 10, guess you didn’t follow boxing that time
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Jeboy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2020
What do you expect the Wanner guy who is Tyson Fury's promoter to say? To tell you that his guy is no match Lennox Lewis? Lennox Lewis was a brutal heavyweight champ, he would Knock out Tyson Fury in max Round 5 in their primes.

Openbusiness:
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2020
Loving the tension and the atmosphere
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 12, 2020
ab1x:

Thanks a lot
You're welcome bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Pregnant Serena Williams' Nude Photoshoot: "I Don't Know What To Do With Baby'' / Who Is The Most Handsome Footballer / Download Video: Lionel Messi – Top 10 Goals For Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.