Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Just Need An Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just Need An Advice (360 Views)

I Just Need A Family / Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Need An Advice by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2020
hello nairalanders, I HV a relation who stays with us, we actually go to school together,we stay in d same room together but I feel this my relation feels am competing with him, anything I get 4myself, he gets it, anything I try to do , he wants to do, people I know he wants to know them to a point I once had a friend,(political), he went behind me ND made friends with him, I actually use to follow a senior friend in school, he now follows the person, ND I HV to withdraw from the person, he feel I should be second fiddle to him, and he's not happy once I achieve smtin,(recently I got a fone, bt his attitude since then towards me is different, )he always want to disturb my fone, )and many more,am always happy for him and helps him in anyway I can, I don't really know what to do,pls I need ur advice,
Re: Just Need An Advice by coolegbo(m): 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
My advice: Keep excelling! When he's tired of competing with you, he'll leave. But be very careful in revealing some sacred things about yourself to him.

3 Likes

Re: Just Need An Advice by bukatyne(f): 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2020
Macobet:
hello nairalanders, I HV a relation who stays with us, we actually go to school together,we stay in d same room together but I feel this my relation feels am competing with him, anything I get 4myself, he gets it, anything I try to do , he wants to do, people I know he wants to know them to a point I once had a friend,(political), he went behind me ND made friends with him, I actually use to follow a senior friend in school, he now follows the person, ND I HV to withdraw from the person, he feel I should be second fiddle to him, and he's not happy once I achieve smtin,(recently I got a fone, bt his attitude since then towards me is different, )he always want to disturb my fone, )and many more,am always happy for him and helps him in anyway I can, I don't really know what to do,pls I need ur advice,

When would your schooling be over or when would you guys be able to separate?

Till then, keep a low profile especially if you are the one staying with him.

Save up your money and stop buying stuffs except necessities.

Also keep your business to yourself. No bragging, no discussions, no exposure, no need to prove yourself etc.

And learn to reply a lot of questions with a smile.

Rivalry can be deadly.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Just Need An Advice by bukatyne(f): 5:58pm On Dec 07, 2020
coolegbo:
My advice: Keep excelling! When he's tired of competing with you, he'll leave. But be very careful in revealing some sacred things about yourself to him.

Keep excelling grin

Till he kills him.

I prefer enemies to frenemies.

Often times, you know what you did to make an enemy:

You don't with frenemies. undecided

1 Like

Re: Just Need An Advice by IamD18: 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
This is a case of someone who wants to be winning alone. A case of some who's disturbed because his cousin is winning just like him.

Why on earth are you disturbed that someone is winning like you? Why are you uncomfortable that someone who you tagged a sibling is getting closer to people you are close to?

What if you inspire him? What if he looks up to you and tries his best to be like you who he sees as a role model or source of motivation?

You even went as far as withdrawing from a friend because he's close to him as well, isn't this enough to tell that you don't want him to have the same wins with you?

Bruv! Your problem is that you just don't want him to level up with you, you want to have a reason to feel superior over him and it isn't working that's why you are disturbed. Period!

1 Like

Re: Just Need An Advice by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
-
Re: Just Need An Advice by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2020
IamD18:
This is a case of someone who wants to be winning alone. A case of some who's disturbed because his cousin is winning just like him.

Why on earth are you disturbed that someone is winning like you? Why are you uncomfortable that someone who you tagged a sibling is getting closer to people you are close to?

What if you inspire him? What if he looks up to you and tries his best to be like you who he sees as a role model or source of motivation?

You even went as far as withdrawing from a friend because he's close to him as well, isn't this enough to tell that you don't want him to have the same wins with you?

Bruv! Your problem is that you just don't want him to level up with you, you want to have a reason to feel superior over him and it isn't working that's why you are disturbed. Period!
I am not feeling to win alone, once he gets close to people I know, he always want to come ND spoil my relationship with that person, giving me a bad image to see him better
Re: Just Need An Advice by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2020
Macobet:

I am not feeling to win alone, once he gets close to people I know, he always want to come ND spoil my relationship with that person, giving me a bad image to see him better
This same person I wrote an exams for , ND he got an A, even a thank you could not come out from this same person, what do u think abt this persn
Re: Just Need An Advice by Mariangeles(f): 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2020
Macobet:

This same person I wrote an exams for , ND he got an A, even a thank you could not come out from this same person, what do u think abt this persn

Be more discreet with all your plans and achievements.
Learn to mind your business, and stop asking about his.
Whenever he asks you about your plans, give plain replies. Do not go into details.
Be modest. Let him compete with himself.
Whenever you're with him, talk less.
Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Just Need An Advice by bethel13593: 9:25pm On Dec 07, 2020
-he may be jealous of you \ may not want to see you succeed.-he can harm you to get ahead~keep your possessions, activities, and plans to yourself.~move away from him as soon as you can.
Re: Just Need An Advice by prince2pac(m): 11:21pm On Dec 07, 2020
Man to be honest, that's very bad

Re: Just Need An Advice by helinues: 6:14am On Dec 08, 2020
How are we sure the guy is not going to say the same thing about you?

(1) (Reply)

Women, Don't Try To Know A Man's Ways. / Missing Person / Nigerian Woman Who Remarried After Surviving "Domestic Violence"shares Her Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.