Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF (438 Views)

UK Group: Millions Of Nigerians Are Displaced Due To Loss Of Livelihood / 'I am voting for the future of children, '-says 85-year-old woman / Udom Emmanuel Remains My Governor And A Godfather To My Children, Says Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by iwaeda: 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2020
One of the most prominent groups in northern Nigeria, Arewa Consultative Forum, has lamented the increasing rate of violence in the region.

The forum’s chairman, Chief Audu Ogbeh, said this when he led a delegation to Maiduguri, to meet the Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, according to a statement on Monday.

The statement was titled ‘Arewa Consultative Forum visits Zulum, says security situation depressing’.

The statement noted that the ACF delegation was in Borno on Sunday to empathise over Boko Haram’s serial killings, particularly the most recent, which was the beheading of over 43 farmers of Zabarmari community in Jere Local Government Area.

Ogbeh, who is a former Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, told Zulum that the security situation in northern Nigeria, was depressing, noting that elites in the region now have nothing to leave behind as legacies for the future generation.

The statement quoted Ogeh as saying, “We are depressed, very depressed. And anyone of us, of our age, who was not depressed, he was not well-born. Because we have nothing to leave behind for our children, and violence will not sustain us. The tragedy of the North today is that the only industry left is politics, and politics alone has never grown any society.

“We have to re-grow Borno State, we have to re-grow the north, we have to re-grow Nigeria. We have no industries, agriculture has declined and our own children have now turned to violence as a means of livelihood. Your Excellency, in ACF we have decided that we will not talk too much politics, we decided to focus on something else, we are going to start a program of developing small-scale agro-industries across the north.”

The forum also condemned the attack on innocent farmers earning their legitimate means of livelihood around Zabarmari, describing it as barbaric and inhumane.

The Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the forum, Amb Shehu Malami, delivered a condolence message and prayed for the restoration of peace in Borno and northern Nigeria.

Other members of the delegation included Alhaji Ibrahim Sule, Alhaji Murtala Aliyu, Alh. Baba Sule Bisala and Alhaji Kabiru Ladan.

Governor Zulum expressed appreciation for the commiseration and urged the federal government to find lasting solutions to the crisis in the North-East.

https://punchng.com/borno-killings-violence-now-means-of-livelihood-for-northern-children-says-acf/
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by Racoon(m): 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
They instigate violence to attain power now the same violence is destroying the region.Violence begat violence
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by Arrewa: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
Racoon:
They instigate violence to attain power now the same violence is destroying the region.Violence begat violence
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by Arrewa: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ok
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by helinues: 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2020
shocked

May be Karma, may be not, still the way you lay your bed.......
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by iwaeda: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2020
Racoon:
What they fear most may start from the North, but they are still dreaming of continuing in power
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by iwaeda: 7:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
A walk around Sabon Garri, Nasarawa area of Kano will convince you we are all on keg powder of gun
Truth is sour to the ear
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by Liposure: 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2020
The north needs salvation. The violence is too much
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by iwaeda: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
Liposure:
The north needs salvation. The violence is too much

Lalasticlala
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by iwaeda: 8:06am On Dec 08, 2020
Truth we are not telling ourselves
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by amazingspiderma: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2020
Education is the cheapest option.
Education empowers the people. Having taught for years I have always suggested that education can be carried out in local dialects.
Not just at primary levels but in Secondary levels.
Technical and Science education can be delivered in local languages.

Some years back when I was in the North, I was teaching someone Physics and he didn't understand. I had to switch to Hausa language and my goodness. The rest of my classes was like Paradise.

Quality education can be made affordable through Online classes and Smartphones and Apps availability.

This true solutions lies in Western education.

In the end Western education is forbidden.

Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by iwaeda: 11:49am On Dec 08, 2020
amazingspiderma:
Education is the cheapest option.
Education empowers the people. Having taught for years I have always suggested that education can be carried out in local dialects.
Not just at primary levels but in Secondary levels.
Technical and Science education can be delivered in local languages.

Some years back when I was in the North, I was teaching someone Physics and he didn't understand. I had to switch to Hausa language and my goodness. The rest of my classes was like Paradise.

Quality education can be made affordable through Online classes and Smartphones and Apps availability.

This true solutions lies in Western education.

In the end Western education is forbidden.

That is why you find them doing okada, bacha, alaru in Lagos, Go to Obalende, Mile 12, Ajah and Lekki you will see them in hundreds
Because our governments are not responsive.
Some of them were responsible for lootings around Lagos
Re: Violence Now Means Of Livelihood For Northern Children, Says ACF by iwaeda: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
The whole nation is toxic now

(1) (Reply)

Delta Approves Payment Of Bursary For 2019/2020 Session / Checkout List Of Approved NIMC Enrolment Centres Nationwide / Photos Of President Buhari’s Meeting With The Rescued Kankara Students(boys)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.