Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce (12521 Views)

Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge / IMAN Special Taskforce Decries Undue Interruption In It's Activities By Elements / Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by uptimum123(m): 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2020
LAGOS MOVES AGAINST ONE-WAY DRIVING, UNLEASHES SPECIAL TASKFORCE

CP Raises New Team To Checkmate Vehicles Plying BRT Lanes, Okada Operation In Restricted Areas

Motorists driving against the traffic in Lagos will now face stringent penalty, as Lagos State Government, on Monday, launched a special security team to checkmate one-way driving and other traffic offences.

The new operation, codenamed “Anti-Oneway and Other Traffic Offenders Squad”, was raised by the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hakeem Odumosu, at the instance of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu with the specific mandate to arrest and impound vehicles plying one-way, BRT lanes and also motorcyclists operating in restricted areas.

The outfit, being led by the Commander of policemen in Governor’s Monitoring Team (GMT), Shola Jejeloye, a Superintendent of Police (SP), will complement activities of the existing Lagos State Environmental Sanitation Enforcement Agency (Task Force) being led by Yinka Egbeyemi a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP).
In the maiden enforcement of the outfit on Monday, the GMT team combed Ikeja, Ojota and Maryland axes, arresting Okada riders who defied the State’s traffic restriction order.

The team also burst a residential area in Ikeja habouring Okada riders that are flouting the State’s Transport Sector Reform Law of 2018, retrieving various motorcycles from the building.

Some of the offenders were arrested in the enforcement for prosecution.
Jejeloye vowed that the team would not be lenient on those flouting Lagos traffic regulations, warning motorists who may have intention of driving on one-way lanes to desist from the act.

He said: “We have been mandated by the Commissioner of Police to stop acts of indiscipline by some motorists who are in the habit of flouting traffic regulations of Lagos State”

“We will discharge this duty without fear or favour, and our activities will be professionally exercised in line with the mandate of the team.
“I, therefore, urge motorists to obey the traffic laws and be patient when driving on the roads”
“We will not be lenient on motorists that are in the habit of committing traffic offences. Offenders arrested will be prosecuted and have their vehicles confiscated.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1336007143238082570

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by hisgrace090: 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2020
This is the making of another monsters.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by yomi007k(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2020
hisgrace090:

So you are with the idea of driving on one-way?

Or how are the monsters being made?

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by sammy329(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2020
hisgrace090:

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Obamaofusa: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2020
Follow the rules and regulations. You will thank me later...

CONNECT 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE THROUGH YABA ADEKUNLE AND FORFEIT YOUR CAR

This is my personal experience yesterday. The link between Yaba and the Bridge is closed for now, but you will see a LASTMA officer or a Policeman or some tout directing you to an alternative route, if you follow, you will later be arrested for ONE WAY. And the Executive Order for now is forfeiture.
I was arrested yesterday and have been in their office since yesterday. About 50 Cars have been arrested and brought to their office at Oshodi. They want to forfeit the Cars and auction them as they did last week.
I was favoured today after calling everyone I know in Lagos and to no avail, to be fined N200,000.
Please and please, avoid ONE WAY, anywhere in Lagos now. They are on Revenue Drive o. It's well.

From someone in My Alumni group

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by olaboy33(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
Illegal parking

Danfo drivers

Faulty vehicles

Gala hawkers

Narrow roads

These are the causes of unnecessary traffic in Lagos. You'll get to the front and look for what caused the traffic to no avail.

Sometimes I feel those Gala hawkers deliberately cause traffic to ease their sales.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by SUMMIE23(m): 2:49am On Dec 08, 2020
Another way to increase state IGR grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by AgroSeeds: 2:50am On Dec 08, 2020
Men... Driving in Lagos is now so terrible. How I wish there were not so many road constructions. Even though this current Governor is trying in terms of road rehabilitation and maintenance, I feel he is doing so many projects at the same time. This has made driving in Lagos so hellish and terrible. From Ojota to Lekki may take you as much as 8 hours on a normal day once its past 12.

Even most Lagosians are highly impatient on the road. Road rage everywhere. One way everywhere without fear or worry about what might happen. I really think that if Lagosians can try to be more patient and obey traffic rules, the traffic will lessen to a great extent.

If you are a Cucumber or Watermelon farmer, reach out to me for the best hybrid seeds. I have the best hybrid seeds that guarantees optimum germination and bumper harvest.

I do have the scarce Seminis Darina F1 hybrid cucumber in stock and I also have the Kareem F1 hybrid cucumber in stock.

If you need Sugar King or Sugar Baby Watermelon, do contact me too.

My Contact for calls and WhatsApp is 09090907136.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Sinachi100: 2:52am On Dec 08, 2020
yomi007k:

Asin eh

I dunno y ppl support bad tin cry
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by jaxxy(m): 2:55am On Dec 08, 2020
While u have abnormally blocked and bizarre roads

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by kambili999(f): 2:58am On Dec 08, 2020
Really needed. Driving in Lagos is so bad now cry
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Comedian2019: 3:01am On Dec 08, 2020
Is stealing of bikes part of their duties?
All these useless task force are just set up to oppress the poor and abuse human rights.
If you're poor in Nigeria, you are in a very deep sh!t. You would be molested left, right and center.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by EgunMogaji2: 3:05am On Dec 08, 2020
Please where is Lagos?

Asking for a friend in Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by bumi10(m): 3:09am On Dec 08, 2020
Failed country

Everything - specially taskforce. Even one way driving, special taskforce. I wonder what is the mandate of Lastma, VIO, and our hilarious NRSC. Chai.

From Police to NCPC, EFCC, ICPC, etc and yet corruption is worst than ever. All are the mandate of police.

Creating new taskforce is the key... Ndi ara

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by jaytii(f): 3:14am On Dec 08, 2020
olaboy33:
Illegal parking

Danfo drivers

Faulty vehicles

Gala hawkers

Narrow roads

These are the causes of unnecessary traffic in Lagos. You'll get to the front and look for what caused the traffic to no avail.

Sometimes I feel those Gala hawkers deliberately cause traffic to ease their sales.

The bolded is so true.
Just last week, on my way to the bank I saw a truck parked at the centre of a service lane all because the driver wanted to buy pawpaw from a hawker. You need to see the number of cars queued up behind him.

Some drivers are insensitive in Lagos.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by ipobarethieves: 3:17am On Dec 08, 2020
cool
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Paragon311(m): 3:17am On Dec 08, 2020
LASGVT and their every Avenue ideology of generating resources.

It is well.
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by ipobarethieves: 3:41am On Dec 08, 2020
Nowback:
Not feasible to eradicate
dey there ok.Nah biz time.If dey catch u/u nor play ball kiakia,dem go auction Ur car(Pray nor be jalopy sha wink cool grin)

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by ipobarethieves: 3:45am On Dec 08, 2020
hisgrace090:
only mad pipu drive against traffic/constitute nuisance to other road users Hope U are normal sha sad? Just asking.If u like,drive Ur okada against traffic and watch how dey'll manhandled u grin cheesy angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by HopeRisingmatte(m): 3:46am On Dec 08, 2020
The country is already so hard and yet the Government does this? What happened to cautioning and things like that?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by ipobarethieves: 3:47am On Dec 08, 2020
AgroSeeds:
Men... Driving in Lagos is now so terrible. How I wish there were not so many road constructions. Even though this current Governor is trying in terms of road rehabilitation and maintenance, I feel he is doing so many projects at the same time. This has made driving in Lagos so hellish and terrible. From Ojota to Lekki may take you as much as 8 hours on a normal day once its past 12.

Even most Lagosians are highly impatient on the road. Road rage everywhere. One way everywhere without fear or worry about what might happen. I really think that if Lagosians can try to be more patient and obey traffic rules, the traffic will lessen to a great extent.

If you are a Cucumber or Watermelon farmer, reach out to me for the best hybrid seeds. I have the best hybrid seeds that guarantees optimum germination and bumper harvest.

I do have the scarce Seminis Darina F1 hybrid cucumber in stock and I also have the Kareem F1 hybrid cucumber in stock.

If you need Sugar King or Sugar Baby Watermelon, do contact me too.

My Contact for calls and WhatsApp is 09090907136.
nah how much

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by aspiring44: 3:48am On Dec 08, 2020
yomi007k:

When it so glaring that roads are bad and you spend hours in traffic . At least where road construction are going should be spared . The police will also take advantage of that despite seeing that construction is going on . A case in question is Apapa where trucks blocks roads and the same police are the one cashing out everyday and taskforce will come around to extort you for taking one way . It's so bad .

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Charlieluvboy(m): 3:52am On Dec 08, 2020
nice one. We don tire to dey stay hours for traffic almost everyday
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 08, 2020
olaboy33:
Illegal parking

Danfo drivers

Faulty vehicles

Gala hawkers

Narrow roads

The road works are the reason for unprecedented increase in one-way driving. All the trunk roads are under serious construction e.g. Ikorodu road surface is being changed to concrete, 3MB is partially closed, Agege is being built up even while half of Abeokuta expressway is closed to citizens for reasons best known to the LASG. Lagos-Ibadan between Berger & Sagamu interchange is under major construction for about five years running now.

Some of the non-essential projects (like the concrete thing) should've been staggered for purpose of convenience but no, contracts must be quickly awarded and kickbacks eaten. There is no reason also why yellow buses shouldn't use the BRT which remains empty all day while citizens sit gridlocked and sweating in the considerably narrowed half remaining.

Nigeria's leaders are a bunch of greedy imbèciles.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by WoundedLamb: 4:16am On Dec 08, 2020
hisgrace090:

How so?
Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Nobody: 4:30am On Dec 08, 2020
SUMMIE23:
Another way to increase state IGR grin

Motorists plying one-way the wrong way are a menace in Lagos. Their irresponsible and thoughtless actions endangers the lives of many Lagosians daily. This drive is a very welcomed development that is long overdue in my opinion

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Excuzeme: 4:35am On Dec 08, 2020
yomi007k:

Have you not read about Policemen LURING Drivers into a one way System, while another set of Policemen lay ANBUSH for them further down the Road?
You are not sure whether a Road is one way and you ask a Policeman, he tells you it is not and motions you to proceed, then signals his mates down the Road to impound your Vehicle and they Auction it among themselves.
Is that 'law enforcement' or Criminality in Uniform?

I am totally against One-way drivers but it is not the job of Govt officials to deliberately lure people into committing such offense.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Excuzeme: 4:39am On Dec 08, 2020
OldSinister:

The road works are the reason for unprecedented increase in one-way driving. All the trunk roads are under serious construction e.g. Ikorodu road surface is being changed to concrete, 3MB is partially closed, Agege is being built up even while half of Abeokuta expressway is closed to citizens for reasons best known to the LASG. Lagos-Ibadan between Berger & Sagamu interchange is under major construction for about five years running now.

Some of the non-essential projects (like the concrete thing) should've been staggered for purpose of convenience but no, contracts must be quickly awarded and kickbacks eaten. There is no reason also why yellow buses shouldn't use the BRT which remains empty all day while citizens sit gridlocked and sweating in the considerably narrowed half remaining.

Nigeria's leaders are a bunch of greedy imbèciles.

BRT is managed by a Private Company OWNED by one of Tinubu's SON.
So you can understand why the bolded is so.
Tinubu just have to make more money at the expense of Lagosians.

The Greed of that man knows no-bounds.
That i one of the reasons why the Hoodlums poured their Anger on him during the #EndSARS Protest.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by Excuzeme: 4:41am On Dec 08, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Follow the rules and regulations. You will thank me later...

CONNECT 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE THROUGH YABA ADEKUNLE AND FORFEIT YOUR CAR

This is my personal experience yesterday. The link between Yaba and the Bridge is closed for now, but you will see a LASTMA officer or a Policeman or some tout directing you to an alternative route, if you follow, you will later be arrested for ONE WAY. And the Executive Order for now is forfeiture.
I was arrested yesterday and have been in their office since yesterday. About 50 Cars have been arrested and brought to their office at Oshodi. They want to forfeit the Cars and auction them as they did last week.
I was favoured today after calling everyone I know in Lagos and to no avail, to be fined N200,000.
Please and please, avoid ONE WAY, anywhere in Lagos now. They are on Revenue Drive o. It's well.

From someone in My Alumni group

This is nothing but OFFICIAL CRIMINALITY!
Somebody should please congratulate Sanwo-Olu and the Security Operatives, for creating more armed Robbers and other criminlas, for the bolded action.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce by coretechng1(m): 4:56am On Dec 08, 2020
olaboy33:
Illegal parking

Danfo drivers

Faulty vehicles

Gala hawkers

Narrow roads

Bad major roads and totally unmotorable inner streets roads are the cause of Lagos traffic. Fix all the major roads and all the inner streets roads and traffic will automatically disappear. Let's stop deceiving ourselves with all these gra gra.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Running Because I Am Tired, Ezekwesili Reveals As She Campaigns In Kaduna / Bayelsa Drags FG, Rivers State & Akwa Ibom To Supreme Court Over Soku Oil Wells / Udom Emmanuel And Makarfi At Flag-off Of LG Elections In Uyo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.