Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:30 PM

How To Prepare Ofada Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Ofada Stew (410 Views)

Bleached Palm Oil For Ofada Stew Available / Ofada Stew Recipe:how To Make Ofada Stew|ayamase (designer Stew) / How To Make Ofada Stew (ayamse) Quick And Simle Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Ofada Stew by OSADNA009(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ayamase stew which is also known as Ofada stew or the Nigerian designer stew is one of the numerous stew types we eat in Nigeria. This stew uses a combination of Green colored peppers together with onions and it’s spiced using indigenous ingredients such as the locust bean and this gives it a distinct delicious taste
Re: How To Prepare Ofada Stew by OSADNA009(m): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
Notes:
**I chose to boil the pepper I used in this recipe in order to get rid of the excess water but you can definitely strain out the water if you are in a hurry. There is a little difference in taste when you strain compared to boiling it but it is really negligible.
**It is advisable to use a transparent lid for this in order to monitor the Oil
**You don’t necessarily have to turn your oil into the black in order to make a delicious Ayamase stew once the Oil has turned golden brown you are good.
Re: How To Prepare Ofada Stew by OSADNA009(m): 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2020
Caution:
Just like any deep frying process Bleaching Palm Oil can be just as dangerous (even more) so be very careful.

Mediavine
Also, note that the chemical components of the oil will break down during the bleaching process thereby stripping the Oil of its nutritional value thereby making the Oil making it less healthy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Ofada Stew by poshestmina(f): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2020
What did you now teach us now Prof. grin grin grin

You didn't mention any other ingredients aside pepper and bleached oil.
This your pattern of teaching will make students carry over for 600 years sad

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Am I Making Profit Or Loss In My Cake Business / Homemade Sharwama Recipe / 13 Grilling Hacks You Need To Know For An Exceptional BBQ Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.