Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,791 members, 7,798,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

How Do I Tell My Son My Salary - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Tell My Son My Salary (758 Views)

Should I Tell My Friend About His Wife Or Play Dumb? / I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by nnewa: 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
I & my wife have a building project that is taking us some years to execute.
And my boys, 12 & 9 years old are sympathetic that lack of immediate funds is delaying the completion. They got prayerful and expressed readiness to hawk food materials so as to augment what I have. The main gist is they are asking to know the amount I earn as salary so as to contribute their quota.
Now I'm at a cross road, since I wouldn't want to lie to them, yet wouldn't want to tell them the real figure which will seem large and I wonder where they may take it to
How can I attend to them, someone advise.
Meanwhile, I am civil servant about to enter the Directorate level.
Thanks in advance for input
Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2020
lipsrsealed

12 and 9 year olds? Don't disclose such sensitive info to them as you'll virtually be disclosing it to all and sundry because being kids, they will definitely say it out someday, which might put you at risk.

Dont be sentimental about it. Just let them know such info is not for children. Case closed.

On the side though, I don't think it's ideal to subject them to a life of suffering/ hardship ( Hawking) since you're earning big. They are still too young to contribute financially to a project of that magnitude. So they don't start thinking of other illegit means of making more money just to meet up. Stop playing on their emotions.

Hope you heed to this advice though.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2020
Speechless
Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by yomi007k(m): 10:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
Tell them not to worry about how much you earn.

Tell them whatever they contribute will be absolutely appreciated and jusy their concern is already soul-lifting.

Oga, you are the Head Of State of your house o.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by Realadey(m): 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2020
It is always good to have children who are also concerned about the well-being of their parents, it really shows how responsible they are.

My little advise is that there is no need to put such a load on those little children, their concern is enough.

Tell them to continue praying for u while u map out great strategy to go about it, u can think of how to get cooperative loan if u can or better still invest in some other things that can at least lift the income of the family and I pray that God will help u out in Jesus mighty name.
I like those children bro!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by CodeTemplar: 6:41am On Dec 08, 2020
Jokingly tell them you earn all the money in the world everyday just that other people have to eat.
Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by legacystore: 6:45am On Dec 08, 2020
nnewa:
I & my wife have a building project that is taking us some years to execute.
And my boys, 12 & 9 years old are sympathetic that lack of immediate funds is delaying the completion. They got prayerful and expressed readiness to hawk food materials so as to augment what I have. The main gist is they are asking to know the amount I earn as salary so as to contribute their quota.
Now I'm at a cross road, since I wouldn't want to lie to them, yet wouldn't want to tell them the real figure which will seem large and I wonder where they may take it to
How can I attend to them, someone advise.
Meanwhile, I am civil servant about to enter the Directorate level.
Thanks in advance for input

Haba they are kids
Is like u are open to their help, imagine nonsense
Just tell them to focus on their studies n seek fund else where. With dt they don't need to know the salary. Pls handle kids as kids not adult, they have no business hustling to build house at this stage of their lives

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by phrancys001(m): 8:06am On Dec 08, 2020
legacystore:

Haba they are kids
Is like u are open to their help, imagine nonsense
Just tell them to focus on their studies n seek fund else where. With dt they don't need to know the salary. Pls handle kids as kids not adult, they have no business hustling to build house at this stage of their lives
well said grin wonder why a full grown man a father for that matter reasoning this way.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by bigjackass: 10:05am On Dec 08, 2020
shocked shocked Your children are offering their services to hawk in the streets for you to build project and you are considering it shocked. Can't you tell them not to worry about your salary that all is well
Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by nabiz(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2020
bigjackass:
shocked shocked Your children are offering their services to hawk in the streets for you to build project and you are considering it shocked. Can't you tell them not to worry about your salary that all is well
I thought I lack reading comprehension. Very pathetic. What a useless project if I may ask
Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by missimelda01(f): 11:20am On Dec 08, 2020
Your children innocently said they’re willing to hawk for you to complete a building project, and you agreed? shocked
Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by ibechris(m): 11:39am On Dec 08, 2020
Start what u can finish...in fact,I will advice u to be open to ur children especially at this precocious age. What is there in them trying to sacrifice their life to help u out while u are the pillar of the house who is also lying to them.

What if,u or anyone drops dead today and that which u have been hiding later surfaces?...then u may have betrayed them. Trust ur children after all,everything u are labouring for today is for them and nothing more.

I am a civil servant like u sir but a junior colleague,at the age of 8,I knew how much my father earned and the date when his salary usually come at that time and today,we the children have actually agreed that he indeed tried with that little meagre sum to train us and see us through our education.

In this time and age,financial education would help them to learn fast and be better persons tomorrow,so do not hide ur salary from ur children especially now that they demanded to know except off course,u are into polygamous marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by ayomilore: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2020
Boss. Don't wait until your mansion is like Dangote's mansion before you will move in, perfect a part of the building to a habitable level, you can complete the rest later.
Those young lads are supposed to face their studies squarely now, if there is any one hustling for more money to augment your family income it should be madam or better still get a good side business.
Re: How Do I Tell My Son My Salary by VTJN(m): 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
You want your kids to hawk with your level almost a directorate in the public service? i don't belive a grown up man saying this.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If Your Father-in-law Slapped You? / Serious Answers Please. What Do You Make Of This Situation? / Pregnancy Wahala. Could This Be Possible??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.