Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,512 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed (1511 Views)

Lawyer Advice please. / Scammers Call Bank Customer, Reveal His BVN & Then Ask For More Details / Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by oluwatosin070: 6:41am On Dec 08, 2020
I have a friend that has be on the BVN watchlist close to a year after she had repaid her debt. She has sent series of letters to the bank requesting to be delisted but all to know avail. Kindly assist or advice on the next of action. Thanks

Full Story:

She was made the head of a welfare unit in her workplace. Her mom got sick with a stroke so she had to use part of the welfare money to pay for her Moms hospital bills.

Her workplace found out and she was interrogated on the offense which she admitted guilty and she paid off all her debts on the same day.

She found out the second day that her BVN has been placed on BVN WATCHLIST. She has been sending series of letters to the bank for delisting but all effort has been abortive.

Please note that this has been going on for 10months..

Please I need your advice on the issue..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by remi4ever(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2022
I've been on a similar issue, although I didn't defraud or steal anybody's money.

My bank said they've sent my BVN to CBN but they' haven't delisted it.

I've sent emails and no response or solution, I've over 500k tieddown in my accounts.
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by narolinmoma: 9:40am On Sep 12, 2022
Hmm
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by Jamesfrank2133: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
remi4ever:
I've been on a similar issue, although I didn't defraud or steal anybody's money.

I've sent emails and no response or solution, I've over 500k tieddown in my accounts.
How were you able to be receiving money? My younger bro facing same issue. About the same amount as yours. Banks are not ready to help. It’s affecting him as he needs to travel
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by markly32(f): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
oluwatosin070:
I have a friend that has be on the BVN watchlist close to a year after she had repaid her debt. She has sent series of letters to the bank requesting to be delisted but all to know avail. Kindly assist or advice on the next of action. Thanks

Full Story:

She was made the head of a welfare unit in her workplace. Her mom got sick with a stroke so she had to use part of the welfare money to pay for her Moms hospital bills.

Her workplace found out and she was interrogated on the offense which she admitted guilty and she paid off all her debts on the same day.

She found out the second day that her BVN has been placed on BVN WATCHLIST. She has been sending series of letters to the bank for delisting but all effort has been abortive.

Thanks
I have also the same issue.

1 Like

Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by remi4ever(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jamesfrank2133:

How were you able to be receiving money? My younger bro facing same issue. About the same amount as yours. Banks are not ready to help. It’s affecting him as he needs to travel

I use Standard Chartered and Kuda and they work fine as I process transactions in millions with them. They said they've sent my BVN to CBN sixne 3 weeks now and nothing has been done I will be suing the bank to court this week..

Very useless people.
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by Athina1982(f): 9:19am On Sep 14, 2022
remi4ever:

contact 08037111012 he is a efcc operative he might be able to help
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by oluwatosin070: 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2022
markly32:
I have also the same issue.

Please reach out to me via email sammio4luv@gmail.com
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by remi4ever(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2022
oluwatosin070:

Full Story:

Thanks

Depending on the type of restriction, she should be able to carryout over the counter transactions.
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by allen113: 11:08am On Sep 26, 2022
oluwatosin070:

Please reach out to me via email sammio4luv@gmail.com

Athina1982:
contact 08037111012 he is a efcc operative he might be able to help

Op whatever you do avoid all this people telling you to reach out to reach out to. E get why grin

3 Likes

Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by Franzinni: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2022
Be careful of the contact me gang o

1: your despiration can be exploited beyond your belief
2: ask a boat load of questions and if anything looks out of place it's probably because it is.
3: use total logic and give NO room for emotions.

You'll be fine.
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by oluwatosin070: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2022
I'd rather not read a different meaning to your words because Nigeria truly has trust issues but if you need clarity, I am a Fraud Analyst.

You can Google the meaning for better understanding.

Thank you.

allen113:

Op whatever you do avoid all this people telling you to reach out to reach out to. E get why grin
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by oluwatosin070: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2022
She was only able to open a Tier 1 account.

Couldn't help her much cause she died before we started the process.

remi4ever:

Depending on the type of restriction, she should be able to carryout over the counter transactions.
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by remi4ever(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2022
oluwatosin070:

Oh shiit!! My condolence, May she continue to rest in perfect peace..
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by GeneralOjukwu: 6:00am On Sep 27, 2022
oluwatosin070:

Who died ? Your friend or the woman that had stroke ?
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by oluwatosin070: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:

Who died ? Your friend or the woman that had stroke ?

My friend died.
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by ibechris(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
On the 12th of October 2021, the Central Bank of Nigeria, (CBN) exercised the powers conferred on it under the Central Bank of Nigeria Act (CBN Act), 2007 and the Banks and Other Financial Institutions Act (BOFIA) 2020, and issued the ‘Revised Regulatory Framework for the Bank Verification Number (BVN) Operations and Watch-List for the Nigerian Banking Industry’, spelling out sanctions and punishment for breaches by customers and other stakeholders.
The regulatory Framework was made in line with the CBN’s objective of promoting financial system stability in Nigeria and it has been addressed to all banks, other Financial Institutions, and bank customers.
The Central Bank of Nigeria, in collaboration with the Bankers’ Committee, deployed the centralized Bank Verification Number (BVN) System of February 2014, which provides a unique identifier number for every customer, and the CBN revised the system to suit a more prevalent need in Nigeria, today. Under the new framework, no new account/wallet (except Tier 1) shall be allowed to operate without BVN (except inflows). However, any account/wallet (except Tier 1) without BVN shall be closed within 30 days. But a participant may choose not to continue business relationship with account/wallet (except Tier 1) holder on the Watch-List.
This is also mandatory for Non-resident Non-Nigerian Directors (NRNND) of corporate accounts. Banks are also to ensure customer’s name on the BVN database is the same in all of his/her accounts/wallets (except Tier 1) across the Banking Industry; report the BVNs of individuals in breach to NIBSS for update on the Watch-List within 1 business day of breach; report the BVNs of confirmed deceased customers to NIBSS for designation as “Deceased” on the BVN database within 24hrs of confirmation; use the Watch-list report submitted by participants and duly endorsed by the MD/CEO of the Institution, with clearance from the Director, Risk Management Department of CBN to delist the BVN from the Watch-List.
Also, law enforcement agencies; National Pension Commission; Pension Fund Administrators may be granted BVN information upon presentation of valid Federal High Court orders under the new regulations. Individuals are not eligible to access BVN information, other than their own.
The Framework further defines the operations of BVN, as well as the establishment, operations and guidance of a watch-list for the Nigerian banking industry. The watch-list is a database of customers identified by their BVNs, who have been involved in confirmed cases of breaches/fraudulent activities, as defined within the Framework, with the result that Customer’s BVN will be watch-listed in the Database if linked to fraud or forgeries.
According to the Framework, it is the responsibility of the CBN to conduct oversight on BVN operations and systems, monitor other stakeholders to ensure compliance, issue circulars to regulated institutions on the operations of the Watch-List, review framework for the operations of the Watch-List, as the need arises and apply appropriate sanctions for non-compliance with the Regulatory Framework. The Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) is expected to collaborate with other stakeholders to develop and review the Standard Operating Guidelines of the BVN, initiate review of Guidelines, as the need arises, subject to the approval of the CBN, ensure seamless operations of the BVN system, maintain the BVN database, ensure adequate security of the BVN information; an maintain an on-line real-time Watch-list Portal.
The consequences to note:A watch-listed individual is barred from entering into new relationship with any bank;
In a situation that a bank chooses to continue business relationship with account holder on the watch-list, account holder shall be prohibited from all e-channels, issuance of third-party cheques, shall not provide reference to another customer, shall not be allowed to access credit facility or guarantee credit facilities;
Watch-Listed individual shall remain in the Watch-List for a period up to 10 years;
Penalties that applied to Watch-Listed individual shall apply to all accounts that he or she is a signatory to.
Reasons for the Framework
The Framework was introduced to ensure effectiveness of Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Customer’s-Due-Diligence principles, and promotion of more safe, reliable and efficient banking and payment systems.
To address increasing incidence of frauds and to enhance public confidence in the banking industry.
To provide a guide for BVN operations and Watch-list activities carried out by financial institutions in Nigeria.

Once a Watch-Listed BVN has served its term in the Watch-List, the Nigerian Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS) shall automatically delist the BVN and notify the stakeholders. Where a bank realized that an individual was placed on the watch-list in error, the bank shall apply in writing, with supporting documents to the Director, Risk Management Department of the CBN, for approval to delist. The supporting documents shall be duly authorized by the MD/CEO and the Chief Audit Executive of the bank. Upon approval from CBN, the bank shall forward the approval to NIBSS for delisting. Only the institution that placed an individual on the watch-list can request for such delisting. Money Deposit Banks and Other Financial Institutions are expected to incorporate these requirements into their day to day processes to enable compliance and reporting.
For effective and efficient operation of this Framework, all bank customers are expected to provide their accurate biometrics and bio data, and report any changes in their Biometrics to any of the financial institutions managing their accounts. This is provided for in Regulations 1.5. 4 of the Regulatory Framework for BVN Operations. Follow the link to read the entire

1 Like

Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by remi4ever(m): 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2022
There's a pdf on the above circular.
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by 2elliot: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2022
Wait till the Digital IDs and every other plans of the globalists are set. Every aspect of our lives will be digitalisationed therefore monitored and controlled, and those who refuse to comply will not be able to buy or sell. The plan is coming to fruition very soon. With just a press on a button, our accounts will be frozen, whenever the govt doesn't like you opinion or action.
Re: Bvn Delisting.. Lawyer's Advice Needed by remi4ever(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2022
2elliot:
Wait till the Digital IDs and every other plans of the globalists are set. Every aspect of our lives will be digitalisationed therefore monitored and controlled, and those who refuse to comply will not be able to buy or sell. The plan is coming to fruition very soon. With just a press on a button, our accounts will be frozen, whenever the govt doesn't like you opinion or action.

Very very apt... I mean the government indirectly controls our lives.

(1) (Reply)

Help, The Family Of My Deceased Friend Need To Get His Money From Luno App / 2 Drivers Narrowly Escape Death While Car Racing In Abuja (video) / Man Who Removed 50 Skulls From Graves In Ogun Community Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.