Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal (49696 Views)

Victor Osimhen’s Attack On Victor Ikpeba Was Unprovoked And Disrespectful / Oshoala Marks Her 26th Birthday By Scoring A Brace As Barca Beat Sevilla 6-0 / Outrage As 'white Lives Matter' Plane Flies Over Man City Vs Burnley Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by ogbiwa: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2020
A footballer was shown a yellow card for scoring a "disrespectful" goal, but many fans feel he was treated harshly.

Silas Wamangituka pounced on a defensive mistake by Werder Bremen to score Stuttgart's second goal in a 2-1 win in Germany's Bundesliga.

After taking the ball off the opposition goalkeeper Jiri Pavlenka, Wamangituka proceeded to walk the ball towards the goal in an exaggerated fashion before blasting it in the net from on the goal line.

But as he turned to celebrate with his teammates, he was confronted by furious Bremen striker Davie Selke, before the referee brandished a yellow card for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Many football fans responded angrily to the decision, claiming the referee overreacted.

One tweeted: "Referee needs sacking. How the hell can that be a yellow card?!

"I can't believe he's just accepted the booking, I'd have been raging if I got booked for that."

Another added: "Why did the ref give him a yellow card? I thought this was the entertainment industry."

A third said: "He didn't do anything wrong? If anything the Bremen 9 (Davie Selke) should be booked for squaring up to him."

Other viewers agreed Werder Bremen star Selke should have been the one shown the yellow card for confronting Wamangituka.

Stuttgart defender Marc Oliver Kempf was full of praise for goalscorer Wamangituka despite his controversial antics.

He said: "Silas brings a lot of enthusiasm, physical strength and pace. He always manages to create space and danger.

"It makes it all the nicer that he managed to help us with his two goals today."

Some football fans suggested that Wamangituka being booked for "not scoring quickly enough" is no different to players who take the ball towards the corner flag in an attempt to waste time.

Selke fumed afterwards: "That's just disrespectful. The lad had a good game and scored two goals.

"He should have simply put the ball over the line and celebrated his goal instead of loafing around like that."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/footballer-booked-scoring-disrespectful-goal-23126232.amp

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by sammuell(m): 9:21am On Dec 08, 2020
Wahala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by slawormiir: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Whaaaaaat daaaaaaa fuuuckkkkkkkkkkk
I see no reason why he was booked..is this a new rule or what

What about those players who take the ball towards the corner flag in an attempt to waste time?

Damnnn.....when a real niggarr heave a sigh of relief and he is about to light up his weed thinking he has heard and seen enough in the game of soccer then boom another shits pop up

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by kenzysmith: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2020
some refeeree are worse than VAR, may be the referee wife is from weder bremen and he knows is wife will be feeling sad by now he is using the annoyance on the player . Oga the player not the cause for your family problem

38 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by samuel19222(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2020
wahala for who score again

Dell Inspiron 10 mini for sale

Check signature

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by stano2(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2020
grin grin grin yeye ref

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by midform(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2020
Lol

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by whytediamond(m): 9:55am On Dec 08, 2020
I think it got a lot to do with his skin colour

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by CodeTemplar: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2020
I remember one I saw some years back. it happened in the French leaque. The dude rolled the ball into the net with his head after the dispossessing the keeper of the ball outside 18 box. He was a black guy too just like this one.

15 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Ajibel(m): 9:55am On Dec 08, 2020
I was expecting to see a video on this thread of the goal

91 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Shhhhhhsh: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2020
nawao
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by JackWolfskin: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2020
For my own goal o...

https://youtu.be/J9hvSZUh2FY

The video

5 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Administration1: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2020
The ref na ewu Gambia

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
grin I actually laughed out loud, this is so so funny cheesy
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Houseofglam7(f): 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
cheesy
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by SEGLIZ: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
disrespectful goal.
which of the goals is then respectful?
maybe Bayern demolishing of barca could then be term respectful.
in this respect the entire Munich team deserve outright ban from from football with their haul of goals.

10 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by toffyz(m): 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
Lol, I saw the video on YouTube now.

It was intentionally done, he purposely delayed to put the ball @ the back of the net to humiliate the bremen defence most esp the GoalKeeper.

He was looking back as he was approaching the goal line.

Lol grin

He deserved the booking

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by paddyofboss(m): 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
Hahahah
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Amazingchris02: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
angry
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by elotajohn1(m): 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
SILAS lack MANNERS grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
Then Okocha would have been banned indefinitely for his goal against Oliver Khan that year cheesy

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Starboytwo(m): 9:56am On Dec 08, 2020
After dribbling the whole team and scoring, they came after the match that they don't want me on their field again, say they cant take it...
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by phranklyn92(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2020
Disrespectful?

If Na me,
I go carry the ball reach the goal line.
Celebrate wildly.
Comot one boot.
Put am for my mouth.
Then bend down.
Use my mouth with the boot in it take score.

Now that's disrespectful!!! angry angry angry

22 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Kachi188(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2020
Being yellow carded for not scoring fast enough... That has to be a new rule cos wtf

8 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Ayemileto(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2020
No video?

Thank God it's not Africa though.
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by osato45: 9:57am On Dec 08, 2020
I think the colour of his skin could also be the cause

2 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by ignis: 9:57am On Dec 08, 2020
v
Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by neupert(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2020

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by abumeinben(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2020
Is he an hisbah referee?

10 Likes

Re: Outrage As Silas Wamangituk Is Booked For Allegedly Scoring A Disrespectful Goal by Sonnobax15(m): 9:58am On Dec 08, 2020
grin. Disrespectful to una,but very honourable to those of us who staked it as and over 2.5..

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Cristiano Ronaldo Earns At Juventus (Photos) / Checkout New Super Eagles Jersey And Kit Developed By New Sponsors Nike(pics / 5 Best Betting Apps You Must Install For Sure Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.