Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:58 AM

Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family (360 Views)

Lady Fakes Her Kidnap With Lover For N10m Ransom / Mother-of-3 Arrested For Staging Her Kidnap With Her Boyfriend . / Oduduwa University Student Staged Her Kidnap With Her Boyfriend, Busted! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by prof2007: 10:07am On Dec 08, 2020
Lagos State Police Command has arrested a teenager, Ujunwa Offiah, for allegedly conspiring with her boyfriend, Blessed Ifesinachi, to fake her kidnap and demand N30m ransom from her family. The police also arrested an accomplice, Precious Chukwu, 22, whose phone was reportedly used to negotiate with Offiah’s family.

The state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, while parading the suspects at the command headquarters on Monday, said the principal suspect, Ifesinachi, was at large. Odumosu said, “This is a case of conspiracy and staged kidnapping, and the man at the centre of this case, who happens to be a Uber driver, is still at large. We are going after him because he conspired with one of these two ladies, Offiah, who faked her kidnap.

“He cleverly used the phone of another girlfriend, Precious (Chukwu), to contact Offiah’s family, informing them that their daughter had been kidnapped. He requested N30m from Offiah’s family to get her freed and during negotiations, which involved the police, they settled for N700,000. While the money was being dropped, we took action and in the process arrested Offiah and Precious.”

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Offiah said she joked about the kidnap with Ifesinachi, adding that she was surprised he took it seriously. She said, “I met Ifesinachi in October, and when we got talking, I jokingly told him to kidnap me so that he would collect ransom from my sister. I never knew that he took it seriously until he told me he had gone to the village to meet a native doctor and also discussed with his guys about the deal. When he said he was ready, he realised that I was scared and threatened to kill me if I informed anybody of the plan.

"So, I refused to tell anybody because he is a cultist. On November 27, on my way back from school, I went to meet him and a girl, Patience, at 2nd Rainbow, and from there, we went to a hotel. At the hotel, he called my sister to demand N30m as ransom, but when I heard that my grandmother had collapsed in the village because of what happened to me, I told him to accept any amount they offered.

“On Thursday, he went to get the money and came back to the hotel on Friday morning. He told me he collected N600,000 and released me thereafter. When I saw my family members, I told them that I was kidnapped by some guys. I lied to my family and the police, because he threatened to kill me, including my sister’s children. It was when I saw his girlfriend and my schoolbag that I confessed about the whole kidnap.”

Chukwu denied knowing that her phone was being used to negotiate the ransom. She said, “He (Ifesinachi) asked for my phone that he wanted to use it for business. I never knew he wanted to use it to do this kind of a thing. I was at my workplace when the police came to arrest me.”

SOURCE (abridged): https://punchng.com/teenager-fakes-own-kidnap-with-lover-demands-n30m-from-family/

Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by Fahdiga1: 10:14am On Dec 08, 2020
Women and their fish brain. you collided with your boyfriend to defraud your parents. does it make sense
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by Kriss216: 10:16am On Dec 08, 2020
Stop giving people your phone to make calls.

Know this and know peace.
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by Kriss216: 10:17am On Dec 08, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Women and their fish brain. you collided with your boyfriend to defraud your parents. does it make sense
You’re under-estimating the power of gbola.

That boy disfigured the girl’s brain with his gbola.
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by donbachi(m): 10:27am On Dec 08, 2020
Bonnie and clyde.
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by slawormiir: 10:29am On Dec 08, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad....

donbachi:
Bonnie and clyde.
Too much movie nor go kill you
The highway men
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by Moferere: 10:33am On Dec 08, 2020
Ujunwa Offiah,
Blessed Ifesinachi
Precious Chukwu

Na them

1 Like

Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by Mariangeles(f): 10:34am On Dec 08, 2020
More like Ajonwa!
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by Mariangeles(f): 10:35am On Dec 08, 2020
Moferere:
Ujunwa Offiah,
Blessed Ifesinachi

Na them

Ma lo pa ara e!
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by Moferere: 10:38am On Dec 08, 2020
Righteousness89, your intervention is needed here
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by nairalander2020(m): 10:38am On Dec 08, 2020
people dis dayz nawa
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by goodmorning40: 10:45am On Dec 08, 2020
She taught her parents were rich
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 08, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by Fahdiga1: 11:03am On Dec 08, 2020
Kriss216:

You’re under-estimating the power of gbola.

That boy disfigured the girl’s brain with his gbola.
No be lie bro. Favor914 can attest to the power of my 20 inches Gbola
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by kalu61(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2020
Children of this days. grin

Stupid things we do at teenage love. She wanted to help her boy friend because of preek. Now pussy has landed the guy in problem.
Re: Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family by fiyinfoluwa29093: 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
She taught her parents were rich

(1) (Reply)

Phoenix Police Kill Ex-nfl Player Nigerian Ekom Udofia, Bodycam Footage Shows / Gunmen Kill 6 -year Old Girl And Six Others In Kaduna Fresh Attack / 22-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.