Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:22 AM

Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It (24139 Views)

Pfizer's COVID-19 Vaccine Data Stolen In Europe / Biography Of Dr Onyema Ogbuagu: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Researcher / Pfizer: COVID-19 Vaccine Is 90% Effective - Early Look Shows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by neupert(m): 11:47am On Dec 08, 2020
Margaret Keenan, the 90-year-old grandmother who became the first person in the world to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine outside of a trial in Britain on Tuesday, has a message for others: “go for it” to beat the devastating disease.

An early riser, Keenan, from Northern Ireland, received the Pfizer-BioNTech shot at her local hospital in Coventry, central England, at 0631 GMT, a week before she turns 91.

A video showed her being wheeled out of the ward while nursing staff clad in protective gear lined the corridor to applaud and cheer, an echo of moving video clips released through the year when COVID-19 survivors left hospital.

“I say go for it, go for it because it’s free and it’s the best thing that has ever happened,” Keenan told reporters as cameras flashed and television reporters asked questions.

“If I can do it, well, so can you,” she told any doubters.

Known as Maggie to her friends, Keenan said she had stuck by the rules and spent most of the year on her own as the “devastating” pandemic took hold.

The vaccine means she can start to look forward to spending time with her family and friends again.

Britain is the first Western country to start immunising its population in what has been hailed as a turning point in the battle to defeat the disease. It is the worst-hit country in Europe with more than 61,000 deaths.

“I wasn’t nervous at all,” Keenan said, before discussing plans for her birthday.

Video footage showed the former jewellery shop assistant wearing a light blue mask, a grey cardigan and a blue T-shirt with a penguin in snow and the message “Merry Christmas”.

She received the shot in her left arm from nurse May Parsons, who has worked in Britain’s National Health Service (NHS) for 24 years.

“WE WILL BEAT THIS TOGETHER”

The mass inoculation will fuel hope that the world may be turning a corner in the fight against a pandemic that has crushed economies and killed more than 1.5 million.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n799cMy234

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-idUKKBN28I0OQ

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by neupert(m): 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2020
cool
Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by Lovelies1: 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
Bv
Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by Bar1941(m): 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
Congratulations, at least we can have some hopes the disease is nearing it end....

Bubu should be the first to get it in Nigeria, may be the vaccine will clear his face so that he will see his magnitude of failure.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by AustineCJ: 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
Good news at last

3 Likes

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by luminouz(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
Cool... grin

1 Like

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by Olukat(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
While thanking her for her sacrifice, let's wait for 2 weeks.
Just then should everyone take a shot shocked shocked
Gramma survived it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by GreaterFuture(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
Has WHO approved/certified this Covid-19 Vaccine?

1 Like

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by gungab(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nice one
Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by 1x2x3: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
We are doing just fine in Nigeria without vaccine so let them take to countries where it's needed most.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by ufotty2001: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
They just want this woman to.make history before she die...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by MrStylish(m): 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
Aabboibbii
We dont need the virus so we dont need the vaccine
Congrats old lady

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by seeker121(m): 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
Good development.
Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by Toks2008(m): 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
The Queen followed by the Prime minister ought to be the first to get it followed by the cabinet members then the public will be encouraged to get it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by GregOGreg(m): 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2020
from the older once to the younger.
nice one grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nawao

1 Like

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by Lankybaby(f): 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
It’s well
Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by illicit(m): 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
I am ready....
Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by investigator007: 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2020
Hmmmm, she's already old, let wait and see how she handles it for 6 months first, I'll hate to be used as a lab rat at my young age grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by ukachy69: 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
Use your head....

8 Likes

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by chukwuibuipob: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
cool May God deliver us from Destruction.May we not see evil in 2021
Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by tammie24: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
Good for her

And when the 'second wave' comes she'll be the first to take it too
Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by slowbreeze(f): 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
Thank God dey said its a "grandmother";no b youth like me wey never even start life wey go carry myself use for experiment.So may controversial;AntiChrist;BillGates propaganda stories surrounding this Pfizer vaccine;nobody knows which one is true again..And last I checked;we were doing not so bad in Nigeria.I personally know I have suffered this Covid disease ;I even stopped smelling and tasting things; with fever and all;and I was treated with malaria medicine and recovered...
So I wish mama luck.

1 Like

Re: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine:Margaret Keenan Is 1st In world To Get It by chukwuibuipob: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2020
angry sad U again shocked sad angry How many moniker u Dey use for ur scam biz? Why not apply for urself/every member of ur family/village pipu abi Dey Nor wan travel?
Visaseal:
100% visa application guaranteed 10 SLOTS AVAILABLE HURRY NOW AND CALL 080::34::27::19::32 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This is an opportunity to apply for Two years U.S.A, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH KOREA and any other country working visa; for both
Family and single packages.
Note : NO DOWN PAYMENT UNTIL visa IS OUT AND Payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. PLEASE ONLY INTERESTED PERSONS CAN CONTACT/WHATSAPP US ON 080::34::27::19::32

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Residents Of Anguwar Bakaro, Bauchi Fetch Drinking Water / New Cancer Center At The Lagos University Teaching Hospital. #NEXTLEVEL. PICS. / What You Should Do If You Have Not Visited The Toilet In A While

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.