Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild (18364 Views)

What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real / hopefully, we wont make the same mistakes our parents made (pics) / The 5 Big Mistakes Our African Parents Made While Raising Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by macdammy(m): 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Okreative4u(m): 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
That if you eat at the entrance or door side you will not be satisfied. ���

3 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2020
noble71:
They made me believe that both of them were taking first position in their class during their time. Especially my pops man he sabi blow lamba. grin

They wanted you to study harder...

In Nigeria, even today (though it isn't always true) doing well academically can open doors for you well well....even doors shut by tribalism.

5 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by olanreyman(m): 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2020
Mine was that if I fetch water from the well late at night mami water will start chasing me in my dreams
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by ibuildstuff(m): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
Masonkaycares:
When we were kids we were made to believe different things, most of which were scary and the consequence unfavorable to us. Share with us the things which you were made to believe as a kid and how you got over your useless belifs. I'll start.

Picking money from the ground. When am being told stories of people who picked money which did not belong to them on the ground, how they'll turn to goats, chicken, yam, wheel barrow and a host of others, fear engulfs me to the marrow. I refused to pick money from the ground under no circumstances but one day all that changed.
I was coming back from school (2011) under the scorching sun, thirsty and famished after the days compound work I was going home alone that day when I saw 50 Naira lying on the floor. grin I prayed in my (God if am going to turn into a goat let me but I will take this money) I bent down and picked the money and looked at myself and started laughing seeing the fact that am alive and nothing is wrong with me. I just kuku carry the money enter the nearest shop buy water drink, if not I don't know if I would be alive typing this.

Share yours!!
Christianity

1 Like

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by AdemolaA2: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
Lion giving birth when it rains while sunny

1 Like

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by NoFucksToGive: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ladylite:
They made me believe naija school education is the key to a bright future.

It isn't their fault you failed at life despite their giving you a sound education

2 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ladylite:

So you would have stayed at home and learned nothing?

Better appreciate your schooling.

4 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Sonnobax15(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2020
grin. That the pen is greater than the sword...

I just wish she was alive to witness every single shiit niggars are passing through on a daily just to put food on the table,even despite after acquiring a certificate
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by hashtagged(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2020
That playing game was a sin
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Splendorgirl633(f): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2020
1.Once your teeth falls off and lizard sees it, it won't grow again
2. As a girl, talking with a boy can make you get pregnant
3. Once you swallow any seed( orange, cherry etc), it grows in your stomach.

2 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by dazzlingd(m): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
That jesus is my saviour.
Noah's ark
That our ancestors are Adam and Eve.
Infact the entire bible myth

4 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Nellyfrancis157: 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
They said if i eat fish eye i will become intelligent,anytime i see fish eye ,i dey eat lol
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Lawliet(f): 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
Whistle at night and witches will come to you

3 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Sonnobax15(m): 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
NoFucksToGive:

It isn't their fault you failed at life despite their giving you a sound education
Even graduates with good certificates are currently jobless
Truth be said, education used to be the key to success, perhaps back then,before the 80s I guess,
but una present leaders don throwaway the key for lagoon.
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2020
That I will go to hell if I Bleep beforehand marriage undecided undecided surprised some people in this century still believe some shits
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by illicit(m): 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2020
I can't remember hearing any fact from my mum....

Everything she has ever told me are myths and fallacies.... it affected my phsyche

1 Like

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by phorget(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
Whistling at night sounds so irritating though.
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Asadujames202(m): 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
That women's vagina don't smell to high heaven

That a menstruating lady don't smell

That if I land a heavy punch on her breast
Sey her breast go burst

Sey girls get more pubic hair than boys
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Mitsurugi(m): 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
WiszyFraud:
angry

That there is a certain god in heaven that solves all problems brought to him.
This is the worst thing the whites done unto us...

But the blacks also told us of Sango and Amadioha cool

6 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Hallabee1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2020
that you don't talk while eating ...
also that you dont pick food that fell that....that Satan has eaten it...
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Even graduates with good certificates are currently jobless
Truth be said, education used to be the key to success, perhaps back then,before the 80s I guess,
but una present leaders don throwaway the key for lagoon.

Before the 1980's, Nigeria was still replacing the white colonialists that were eventually going to leave. Even as late as the 1980's we had a lot of white and other foreign lecturers in our universities for the simple fact that we did not have enough Nigerians to take over yet to give an example.

It was in the 1980's that we had enough graduates to take over...and then the number of graduates exceeded the jobs available in government establishments.

As for why the private sector is not generating jobs...when Nigeria runs its electricity sector at a loss, even with privatization, no power, no industries, no jobs.

4 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Elder4sure(m): 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
When I consider those days ehn! Ignorance is a crime. My brother we were so scammed. One of the scam was that you don't point your finger at a tombstone! grin
If you mistakenly point a finger at a tombstone, you have to bite all your fingers or else...............
It was really stewpid

1 Like

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Kayouzka(m): 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
omoadeleye:
To guide us so that we can live a normal life and be ethically cognizance.

But, since we started copying foreign bullshits, we have lost our morals, and we even have some depressed souls parading themselves as gays, les and others abnormal sexual behaviours.

They keep bringing new sexual abnormalities to the public... From. L to the G to be B to T to Q to +. LGBTQ+...

Such sexual behaviors has always been in all culture of the world. Since there are effeminate men now there are in the past and there are also natural transgender, it is just the work of nature.

2 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Focusmind: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
That one Jewish criminal 2000 years ago died for my sins sad ...How God sacrificed himself to himself to save me from himself.

You are not far from the truth. I am a fervent Christian. A staunch catholic but sometimes, I reminiscence on the whole story of the bible, the Christendom and somehow, how the stories tended not to add up to my understanding. Millions of people around the world do not believe in any religion, especially in the developed world and some parts of Asia. They believed that once you die, that's the end. Just like the way animals die and nothing more.

However, as a Christian, I am still holding unto the notion that there is life after death and believe in the resurrection, which is the backbone of Christian faith. As St. Paul said, If Christ had not risen from the dead, then our faith is in vain. Our believe in Christ is to rise with him after death. However, once in a while, I look at the whole story as if they were fake. shocked

1 Like

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Dyt(f): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
That if a boy touches me, I will get pregnant
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
If you drink coconut water,you will become DULL

3 Likes

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by alphaRego01(m): 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
How I wish my dad was like me when he was my age now.
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Lordsylva: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ladylite:

I dey tell you... My parents still believes this till now.
They think we are still in the 1980's
Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by TONYCHN: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2020
Visit https://luckymall.ng/index.php/mobile/ajax/inviteregister/63/ to play Dice games on luckymall to win instant cash prize on LuckyMall now .
Masonkaycares:
When we were kids we were made to believe different things, most of which were scary and the consequence unfavorable to us. Share with us the things which you were made to believe as a kid and how you got over your useless belifs. I'll start.

Picking money from the ground. When am being told stories of people who picked money which did not belong to them on the ground, how they'll turn to goats, chicken, yam, wheel barrow and a host of others, fear engulfs me to the marrow. I refused to pick money from the ground under no circumstances but one day all that changed.
I was coming back from school (2011) under the scorching sun, thirsty and famished after the days compound work I was going home alone that day when I saw 50 Naira lying on the floor. grin I prayed in my (God if am going to turn into a goat let me but I will take this money) I bent down and picked the money and looked at myself and started laughing seeing the fact that am alive and nothing is wrong with me. I just kuku carry the money enter the nearest shop buy water drink, if not I don't know if I would be alive typing this.

Share yours!!

Re: Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
phorget:
Whistling at night sounds so irritating though.

Was told it invites snakes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

From 2k Buy Original Men Clothing And Accessories At Low Price POD / Over-Pampered Kids Are Very Troublesome And Stubborn / Five Best Ways To Punish A Woman If You Don't Want To Beat Or Abuse Her Physical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.