Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? (7922 Views)

Contacts Of Nollywood Cast(actors/actresses) And Crew / Nollywood Actors & Actresses' Value / Most Annoying Nigerian Actors/Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 123xyz(m): 8:30am On Mar 24, 2011
My name is michael, I live in Nairobi, Kenya in East Africa. I joined nairaland.com at the beginning of this year.

In Kenya nollywood actors and actresses like; Ramsey Nouah, Genevieve Naji, Desmond Elliot, Mercy Johnson, Rita Dominic, Omotola Jolada e.t.c are big names because of their different appearances in nollywood movies, which have a good number of followers in Kenya.

My only concern is since i joined this page i have read a lot of negative comments on most of the above actors and actresses. For example i have read a lot of negative criticism about Stella Damasus Abodelin (who happens to be my favourite).

Is it that this guys have nothing positive? or is it that nigerians have had enough of them? or am i missing something here?
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by DAY12(m): 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2011
undecided
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by Diligence: 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
We are so proud of them for their hardwork and enterpreneurial spirit, tenacity and efficacy.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by babyme1(f): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
Don't mind the haters here, we love them. They are [i]sometimes [/i]criticized to make them sit up wink
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by kinharold(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
Don't mind the haters here, we love them. They are sometimes criticized to make them sit up
Well said:
Nigerian Actors and Actresses represent not just Nigeria but the whole of Africa. WE ARE ALL VERY PROUD of them.

Most negative comments are to make them sit up and be more creative. And it is working.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by obailala(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2011
Great prophets are never appreciated in their homeland
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by klear(f): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ah I luv dem die! smiley its some of d directors who cant stop churning out lousy films dat I cant stand sad
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
i hope this OP is not one of our nollywood stars here on nairaland, i dey suspect oge okoye or genevieve or omotola.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by saintneo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2011
cool cool cool cool critics drive showbiz! cool cool cool cool
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by yinka85: 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2011
enamaye:

i hope this OP is not one of our nollywood stars here on nairaland, i dey suspect oge okoye or genevieve or omotola.

Nice one dude.Lol
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by princeonx: 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
Why not first ask if nigerians are pround of Nigeria? u dey talk of actors
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by turboman(m): 1:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
Nigeria movies rock, the English ones though

I like American movies too.

Although i spend a lot of my time critisizing the 9ja movies, but i still can't stop watching them.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by FabulousE1: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
the are good. not just representing nigeria,+ the rest of the world , kudos my peoples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by Desola(f): 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
Naija movies are only for the retardeens, most especially the Englibo ones. Yoruba ones wouldn't be so bad if they were devoid of fetish.

I suspect that Patience Jonathan must have been a Nollywood actress at a point judging by her Ingligbofied English. Lol,
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by Dreamchaser1(f): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2011
@Desola, ofcourse we know you are retarded *smiling sweetly*.

@op, yes o, we love them all. They are the only movie stars that we have in Africa.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by Desola(f): 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ Dream chaser - Thanks for fishing me out, comerade, afterall, it does take one to know one, non? wink
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by Desola(f): 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
At the OP - Listen, Nollywood is not a representative of Nigeria as it merely shows you the customs and traditions of a fraction an ethnic group known as the Igbos.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by exx(m): 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
Me no like naija actors at allllll tongue tongue, the women only compete on how good they can CRY!! the men how loud they can SHOUT, hardly any acting in it. Can count the good 9ja actors on one hand. gbam angry angry angry
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by Princek12(m): 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
poster, I bet you the ones who criticize the Nollywood actors are the same ones who watch daily, from morning to night, Nollywood movies featuring those same actors they criticize.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by awa17(f): 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
WE HAVE GOOD ACTORS/ACTRESSESS NO DOUBT, MY MAIN HEAD ACHE IS THE STORY LINES, I DOUBT IF THE SCRIPT WRITERS/PRODUCERS ARE ACTUALLY LEARNERED/LITRATES; NO SUSPENSE, VERY EMPTY INFACT U FEEL STUPID AFTER WATCHING SOME. CANT THE  ACTORS PROTEST
ALSO WE NEED MORE VARIETY, AS IN IM TIRED OF SEEING THE SAME FACES ON EVERY MOVIE, AS THE MOST POPULOUS COUNTRY, I FEEL THERE ARE SOME UNTAPPED RESOURCES.
I LIKE NAIJA MOVIES BUT IM ALWAIZ DISAPPOINTED AT THE END OF ALMOST EVERY FILM. AND THEN THE ISSUE OF "WANTING TO BE AMERICAN" JUST DOESNT FIT MOST ACTORS.

KUDOS TO YORUBA MOVIES!!!

WE STILL LOVE THEM THOUGH!
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by 9ja4eva: 3:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
I am very proud of them.They have done great for themselves and the industries.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by MissyB3(f): 3:14pm On Mar 24, 2011
enamaye:

grin grin grin

baby.me:

Don't mind the haters here, we love them. They are [i]sometimes [/i]criticized to make them sit up wink
Seconded!

Dream chaser:

@op, yes o, we love them all. They are the only movie stars that we have in Africa.
!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by adconline(m): 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ Desola

At the OP - Listen, Nollywood is not a representative of Nigeria as it merely shows you the customs and traditions of a fraction an ethnic group known as the Igbos.

Naija movies are only for the retardeens, most especially the Englibo ones. Yoruba ones wouldn't be so bad if they were devoid of fetish.

I suspect that Patience Jonathan must have been a Nollywood actress at a point judging by her Ingligbofied English. Lol,

I had been expecting you to tribalise this post and U just did. See how bigoted you sound. What has Igbo got to do with OP's question? Maybe you are delusional to see that Nollywood cuts across all sectors of Nigeria; providing job opportunities for folks in Nigeria and beyond.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by naijangel7(f): 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
exx:

Me no like naija actors at allllll tongue tongue, the women only compete on how good they can CRY!! the men how loud they can SHOUT, hardly any acting in it.

Exactly. A european friend asked me why the men are always angry and raising their voices in Nigerian movies lol

awa17:

WE HAVE GOOD ACTORS/ACTRESSESS NO DOUBT, MY MAIN HEAD ACHE IS THE STORY LINES, I DOUBT IF THE SCRIPT WRITERS/PRODUCERS ARE ACTUALLY LEARNERED/LITRATES; NO SUSPENSE, VERY EMPTY INFACT U FEEL silly AFTER WATCHING SOME. CANT THE ACTORS PROTEST
ALSO WE NEED MORE VARIETY, AS IN IM TIRED OF SEEING THE SAME FACES ON EVERY MOVIE, AS THE MOST POPULOUS COUNTRY, I FEEL THERE ARE SOME UNTAPPED RESOURCES.
I LIKE NAIJA MOVIES BUT IM ALWAIZ DISAPPOINTED AT THE END OF ALMOST EVERY FILM. AND THEN THE ISSUE OF "WANTING TO BE AMERICAN" JUST DOESNT FIT MOST ACTORS. KUDOS TO YORUBA MOVIES!!!

You make a lot of sense.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by pastorkingsleye(m): 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
am not a cynic! but i believe veri much in excellence and efficiency! a lot of actors and actresses in nollywood started out right, but wen money started rolling in they gave up personal development. d focus now is now on d container no longer d content. money should not be 100% focus, let them focus more on their building of their career.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by gbagudara: 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
There is nothing to be proud of.  They promote decadence in any society.  Look at the USA, the rate at which that society is deteriorating because of hollywood is very fast.  It is SINWOOD.  It brings money death and destruction.  It is designed by satan.  Stay away from any ", wood." angry cry
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by naijanig: 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
We in House 45 are very proud of our Nollywood Actors & Actresses

House 45; $65,000 Grand Prize, Free wedding and two weeks honeymoon; all expense paid and a nice car. To participate, log on to www.house45.tv. We are live (24/7) on infinity TV, Africa Magic, STV, Superscreen, ITV,RSTV, Crystal TV Ghana. 55 days of luxury and Glamor. House 45 is only for Singles from Nigeria and Ghana who are enterta, ining and ready to mingle
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by naijanig: 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
Entry into House 45 is still open. Register now.

Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by naijasing(f): 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2011
we re pround of them, why nt.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by SSaemoenl(m): 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sorry, I dont know what they are talking about.
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by cold(m): 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2011
awa17:

WE HAVE GOOD ACTORS/ACTRESSESS NO DOUBT, MY MAIN HEAD ACHE IS THE STORY LINES, I DOUBT IF THE SCRIPT WRITERS/PRODUCERS ARE ACTUALLY LEARNERED/LITRATES; NO SUSPENSE, VERY EMPTY INFACT U FEEL silly AFTER WATCHING SOME. CANT THE  ACTORS PROTEST
I LIKE NAIJA MOVIES BUT IM[b] ALWAIZ[/b] DISAPPOINTED AT THE END OF ALMOST EVERY FILM. AND THEN THE ISSUE OF "WANTING TO BE AMERICAN" JUST DOESNT FIT MOST ACTORS.

KUDOS TO YORUBA MOVIES!!!

I keep telling folks before you deprecate anyone based on grammar or literacy make sure your Ts are crossed & Is dotted,otherwise you'd just end up making a fool of yourself.We can now see how literate you are.
P.S please refrain from typing in caps,it makes you look even more stup!d
Re: Are Nigerians Pround Of Nollywood Actors & Actresses? by jpworld(m): 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
We are Jealous of them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Netflix & UNESCO African Folktales Short Film Competition: Winners To Get $100k / Genievive Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Are In Ije (an International Movie) / Hitv Begin Double Slam Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.