Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,037 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:51 AM

What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others (14476 Views)

What Have You Survived This Year? / Man Who Survived A Ghastly Accident Shares Graphic Pictures From The Scene / Lady Celebrates Her Boyfriend Who Survived A Ghastly Accident In Onitsha (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by bluefilm: 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
I survived a SCAMdemic.
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Marcofranz(m): 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
Well I can say good health is everything!

All my life I've never been sick for more than 2 days but this year I was down with stomach ulcer and GERD.
The symptoms were terrible for seven months I was totally down.

It was as if I was having a heart attack, BP was high and then insomnia started. I was moving from one lab to another, all they told me was you need rest but I could not sleep, I took all types of Antacids even went spiritual I spent money as in money undecided

Everything was irritating, whenever I receive credit alert anxiety kicks in because I couldn't go out or do anything and I was alone.

Some transactions I couldn't carry out because when I get too excited I start having discomforts. It was then I knew money does not bring happiness.

But in all of give thanks to God.

Good health is everything take care of your health.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by bhorazzi(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2020
TO GOD BE THE GLORY?
This year was a year i will never forget in my life, i lost my job last year august 2019 shocked sad sad and i was at home till march 2020 doing nothing.. have spent all my bank savings as a family man, you understand though? but to God be the glory lockdown remain just 1week and i got a Job and throughout lockdown we were working as an overtime, free company bus, foods and so..on'''thank God for life

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2020
dalass:

Amen. smiley
That is the spirit
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by bibbiana(f): 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
This year has been a risky one. Seeing its end is a miracle
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by merieam16(f): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
Wyry:
Nigerian girls are useless.
including the females in ur family

1 Like

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
paulolee:
I survived so many tinz..
1..entered cell n did 2 months during lockdown simply bcoz i dnt av any of my friends numbers to call when police arrested dt evenin bcoz of cult clash when going to collect my phone dt I was charging, na GOD send unknown person to kum bail me..
2..my biggest win was d aspect of self control n self respect bcoz i spent MONTHS with one of my busy friend in medical line...it was just me n him at home b4 his fiancee came to join us...
d bea do complain dt his guy is too busy for her bt she still loves him, bt keep on asking me for sex saying dts its not a sin bcoz dey aint married yet, nearly felt for her bt dt guy was JUST TO NICE for such betrayal from me..
I cut short my 4 months visit to jus 2 months bcoz of her endless temptations n I felt like reporting to my friend bt m scared bcox dt gee loved her so much n I dnt want to be d catalyst of a failed 4yr relationship..
they are getting married this last sat of dis month and m nt attending bcox my consience won't allow me...I jus pray she av changed..
you are a great individual
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
Wyry:
Nigerian girls are useless.
uncle why? angry sad undecided
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
I am still surviving from Sickle cell complications...

The worst since I was born 39yrs ago

First time going through surgery.

First time blood transfusion.(10)

First time spending more than a week in hospital 5th months now.

I don't believe I will make it this far but God is doing it.

I pray to survive it.

10 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by ThierryJay: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
Oyinlomobambam:
I am still surviving from Sickle cell complications...

The worst since I was born 39yrs ago

First time going through surgery.

First time blood transfusion.(10)

First time spending more than a week in hospital 5th months now.

I don't believe I will make it this far but God is doing it.

I pray to survive it.

You will make it through in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Zion63(f): 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
Well,Without an Husband I have survived this year with Two wonderful children.
Ps Their Father died 2 years ago.
Gee as you are fondly called May ur Soul Continue to Rest in Peace.Though it has not been Easy!!!!! But God is still God..........

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Oyinlomobambam(m): 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
ThierryJay:

You will make it through in Jesus name.

Amen.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Ifjes99(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Covid 19 and ulcer

1 Like

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Royallawme(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
My wife came back home that faithful night that she was laid off due to covid - 19 pandemic my people I cant sleep that night knowing fully well that her salary tripled mine(apart from salary work I'm also a safety practitioner..side hustle), though as man I encouraged her, in my mind I was lost, but she was like how are we going to cope which I told her our God is sufficient! after resumption from lock down my mind always be like Ha! how would I cope, myself, wife n 2 kids and others that will also need the family helping hand financially but truly God is sufficiently sufficient! got a land by His Grace, pay house bill without stress and still counting. Jehovah too much.....God still answer prayer, it is not over yet for those that still trust him. He will surely do it. what you need to do is to be just person, pray, have faith and work...It will end in praise for all Nairalanders in Jesus name. Amen.
Jehovah is His name.
Alleluia!!!

6 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by sunshynLion(m): 3:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
I have survived being a Nigerian✊
Glory to God
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by mkpurumma090(f): 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
mezico96:
Lol...I don't really know how I was able to get pass this...though its not my first time but somehow God did what He does best!

Few days to my birthday April 25th,I had a football competition going on,though there was lockdown cos of the covid-19 outbreak but we were told to continue cos Benue had no case (as of then) and movement wasn't really restricted.

On this fateful day when the match was going on those guys were very aggressive and on the other hand its a must win game to enable us qualify for the next round...of course we were winning in first half by 3-0 and luckily I was on the scoresheet with an assist to my name...

On the brick of halftime the worst happened. My opponent made a very bad and hard tackle on me and when I saw my leg, I could see my bone peeping out of my hose, my foot was lying helplessly on the floor...it was like a dream. The officials and spectators where afraid to come close cos of the blood gushing out.... I had to straighten it myself before someone with experience came to help...

I lost my job,my phone that was given to me by my employee and my house rent was due for payment. I can't tell what really happened but God surprised me... its been almost eight months now and to God be the glory I've improved to using a walking-stick

NT: Within those eight months they had to rebreak it up to 4 times cos of wound and infections...I can't wait to get back to pitch! grin

Pitch? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Ginomel(m): 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
Zion63:
Well,Without an Husband I have survived this year with Two wonderful children.
Ps Their Father died 2 years ago.
Gee as you are fondly called May ur Soul Continue to Rest in Peace.Though it has not been Easy!!!!! But God is still God..........

Definitely,

1 Like

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by sassiemyk: 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2020
Losing 4.2million Naira in Forex trade. Twas a hellish experience. I should have pulled out the cash before American election unfortunately i was not smart enough

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Hoodyrich(m): 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Some one praise JEHOVAH

This years I got my worst experience with sickness.

Was tampering with a naked wire,as soon as I place it In position BOOM!!!nepa brought light.would never forget that day.

4 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Egalite: 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2020
I have survived a lot through the Grace of God.
I've survived loneliness, depression, penury, idleness..
I was previously working in a private school at the beginning of this year, but the work is like a slavery work. A teacher that taught me in 2006 is in the same school, but this teacher still remain the same... No motorcycle, no car, and living in a rented apartment. The owner of the school is doing well, but the teachers are hopeless and full of uncertainty. Hmm, I pray to God to open a way for me this year, that I don't want this type of useless work..
With faith, I quit the job, because it does not give me joy. I apply for teaching recruitment in my state, I passed through the exam and interview, and to the Glory of God, I was successful and selected . Since the beginning of this year, I have been idle and depressed, but I thank God that this year finally end well for me.

5 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Hotegar(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
2020 will go down as one of the most grateful year for me. 4/01/2020, I survived a 'domestic' accident. I fell from my balcony. A 2-storey building. I remember impacting the ground with ma hip. I fainted, hospitalized for one month before recovering..It still affects my steps tho, but I'm here today.

4 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by mezico96(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
[quote author=Viganti post=96891925][/quote]
Thanks
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Zion63(f): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
I survived because i am a survivor
Hmmmmmmm,its been 2 years!!!!!! Since you left us GEE as you are fondly called,May ur soul continue to rest in peace.
However this year has been hell.But God is still God.
The children misses you.
Your baby is now a big girl (Why did you not wait to see and care for her)God knows best.
Good night till we meet!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Zion63(f): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
Good night The children misses you.
Zion63:
I survived because i am a survivor
Hmmmmmmm,its been 2 years!!!!!! Since you left us GEE as you are fondly called,May ur soul continue to rest in peace.
However this year has been hell.But God is still God.
The children misses you.
Your baby is now a big girl (Why did you not wait to see and care for her)God knows best.
Good night till we meet!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by jevic(m): 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
I survived covid-19 and its troubles.

Was planning to do my traditional/white wedding together, got duped so I couldn't proceed with the two. Finally, I was able to do the traditional only. God willing will do the white in January.
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Zion63(f): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2020
Wetin Man pikin go do........
{quote author=Ginomel post=96898173]

Definitely, you must be feeling lonely sometimes.How do you cope without a husband? [/quote]
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Zion63(f): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2020
Wetin Man pikin go do .
Ginomel:

Definitely, you must be feeling lonely sometimes.How do you cope without a husband?
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by dbayei(m): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
I survived Heart attack & a high blood pressure of 200/150.doctors say I work up from death to have survive such Bp.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by starz100: 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
Thank God for surviving many things including accident, sickness, depression and Buhari regime
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by kvngmaxy(m): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
being alive during this hard times is a something. corona matter alone sef na big deal
Re: What Have You Survived This Year? Inspire Others by Beninwitch: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
I survived a surgery! I thank God for good health. I have been having health issues but I didn't know it was worsening. My heart became enlarged, I almost got a stroke and breathing was difficult. My sleep apnea was severe too.

But I took advantage of office Hmo and ran tests to see how bad things were. I walked into the operating room and came out alive. That's my biggest win this year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dear Seun, Is It Mrs Nairaland Or Miss Nairaland(screenshots) / Insecure, Narcissistic People More Likely To Post On Facebook – Report / What's Your Greatest Fear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.