Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today (17894 Views)

My 33,000 Odds I Played Today With 300 Naira To Win 13 Million Naira / Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows / The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by fergie001: 1:57am On Dec 09, 2020
Europe's football governing body, The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) has reacted to the incident in France involving a match official's 'racist comment' in the game between Paris St. Germain and Istanbul Basaksehir.

According to reports, former Cameroon International & Basaksehir's assistant manager, Pierre Webo was sent off and in turn, accused the fourth official of using the n-word.

Footages show Senegalese International, Demba Ba, confronting the fourth official, Sebastian Coltescu and later leading the Turkish side's protests down the tunnel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr0retOWKGs

At the tunnel, Ba agreed with #PSG captain Marquinhos to suggest that all 22 players retake the pitch hand in hand and restart the game.

However, several Basaksehir players weren’t prepared to restart, having learnt that the said 4th official will swap places and remain in the VAR room.

UEFA, has opened a thorough investigation into the incident.

UEFA is aware of an incident during tonight’s Champions League match between Paris Saint-Germain and Istanbul Basaksehir and will be conducting a thorough investigation.

Racism, and discrimination in all its forms, has no place within football.

#NoToRacism

UEFA has - after discussion with both clubs – decided on an exceptional basis to have the remaining minutes of the match played tomorrow with a new team of match officials. The kick-off has been set at 18:55 CET.

UEFA

Reactions have continued to pour in expectedly, with the ongoing feud between France and Turkey.
First was the Turkish President, Erdogan.

I strongly condemn the racist remarks made against Pierre Webo, one of the technical team of Başakşehir, and I believe that the necessary steps will be taken by UEFA.

We are unconditionally against racism and discrimination in sports and all areas of life. #Notoracism

Reccep Erdogan

All forms of racism go against the values held by Paris Saint-Germain, the club’s Chairman, staff and players.

PSG

SAY NO TO RACISM. ❌❌❌

M.WEBO WE ARE WITH YOU. ✊�

Kylian Mbappe

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by fergie001: 2:17am On Dec 09, 2020
Nice one.

Basaksehir to win.

6 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Gbest90(m): 5:29am On Dec 09, 2020
See, as a proud black man, I totally stand against racism.

But to be honest,most blacks are beginning to take it WAY TOO FAR.

Racism is when a person is abused, maltreated or insulted, due to the colour of their skin. Like the monkey chants, a banana being thrown at Alves, kneeling on the neck of Floyd by a white police e.t.c These are examples of Racism.

But the fourth official did none of those. And the players had to walk off, cos someone was called a black guy? SMH.

Isn't it normal for a black guy to refer to a group of white friends as 'my White folks'?So what's wrong in calling a black guy, a black guy.

We should be proud of our skin colour.

We should proud to be called blacks.

But we stand against any form of maltreatment, abuse or injustice against us because we are black.

#NOT ASHAMED TO BE A BLACK

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by mayklef(m): 5:53am On Dec 09, 2020
D funniest thing is the racially abused black community dominates this beautiful game of football so weither the whites likes it or not, BLACKLIVESMATTERS# on and off the pitch

5 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Lifeisgoody: 5:53am On Dec 09, 2020
Not their fault. What stops we Africans from developing our own countries as theirs. Except we are deceiving ourselves, racism can not stop. It's human nature.

Even in Nigeria, we are racists. You hear IPOB, Afonja and so on. Check our intertribal collaboration/marriages with a high level of discrimination.

Racism is human nature and we must accept the fact

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by EdmundChidera(m): 5:53am On Dec 09, 2020
Racism, Tribalism, hatred, religious intolerance are one of the acts that will never disappear from humanity

12 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by VirginSearcher(m): 5:53am On Dec 09, 2020
Yes, Manchester United should be held responsible for anything racism in football history.. if u argue.. ask Rtd. Ferguson

9 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Abuimam6: 5:53am On Dec 09, 2020
Hmm
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Simplebeauty: 5:53am On Dec 09, 2020
grin

grin

Say No to Racism and Ethnicity
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by mrkings84(m): 5:55am On Dec 09, 2020
TO BE FRANK ME DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS RACISM ABOUT CALLING A BLACK PERSON BLACK.....

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by VirginSearcher(m): 5:56am On Dec 09, 2020
EdmundChidera:
Racism, Tribalism, hatred, religious intolerance are one of the acts that will never disappear from humanity
Leave tribalism, hatred and religious intolerance for Northerners.. Thank you!

8 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by EdmundChidera(m): 5:57am On Dec 09, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Leave tribalism, hatred and religious intolerance for Northerners.. Thank you!
You're Madt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by toyzeal(m): 5:57am On Dec 09, 2020
They should ban him 4 life if found guilty.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by mrjangaweed: 5:59am On Dec 09, 2020
Gbest90:

Racism is when a person is abused, maltreated or insulted, due to the colour of their skin. Like the monkey chants, a banana being thrown at Alves, kneeling on the neck of Floyd by a white police e.t.c These are examples of Racism.

But the fourth official did none of those. And the players had to walk off, cos someone was called a black guy? SMH.

Isn't it normal for a black guy to refer to a group of white friends as 'my White folks'?So what's wrong in calling a black guy, a black guy.

But we stand against any form of maltreatment, abuse or injustice against us because we are black.

I was thinking I'm the only one that doesn't find any problem with what the official said.
there are both whites and blacks playing and it's only fair to properly describe the player.
i see no racism here
Ba over reacted

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:59am On Dec 09, 2020
They are cry babies.. that black guy statements was more of a descriptive word to the referee by the 4th official.. he didnt mean it but blacks would always increase the volume..

UEFA should suspend all the players for walking out

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2020
Based on our previous post on the first thread....
The blue part of the quoted part below tells it all........

For the Betters on Bet9ja and other betting platforms that played this particular match on their tickets,

According to international reports,
What will happen to your ticket is that......(quote this is you want more info)

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Modify :
baike:
what do you mean. because that game is about to spoil my ticket
Okay, here you have it Baike,

The match will be Null and Voided.
(That is, they will remove/take it out of your games as if you never played it)

Stake will be returned if the bet was just for this match.

If it is part of accumulator, it will not be counted as part of the accumulator, hence reduced odds.

Cc Jmoore.

And all these only stands if the match is not replay in 24 hours form the time it was called-off.
Like if they replayed the match under 24 hours, the ticket is still valid and ongoing.
If they replay it within 24 hours from when it was called off, then the above null and void situation stands.

Addendum: Number one Rule of Gambling:
NEVER play with what you cannot afford to lose!

May the odds favour y'all!

We Rise!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Timoleon(m): 6:00am On Dec 09, 2020
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by slawormiir: 6:01am On Dec 09, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Houseofglam7(f): 6:04am On Dec 09, 2020
undecided
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Neddstark: 6:04am On Dec 09, 2020
We are all against racism. Some people are naturally that way. But why stop a match because of a racist remark? Now all the costs invested into making that match happen just goes because of that. Well this can only happen during COVID. If it was pre-COVID fans who paid to watch the match will demand their money back and its a whole more problem on their heads. This could lead to a riot.

3 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Authoreety: 6:05am On Dec 09, 2020
Wonderful
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by fantastic1: 6:05am On Dec 09, 2020
Who the hell told you that rascim is only when one is abused etc because of skin colour?
Gbest90:

3 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Chikelue2000(m): 6:06am On Dec 09, 2020
mrkings84:
TO BE FRANK ME DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS RACISM ABOUT CALLING A BLACK PERSON BLACK.....
I even thought that way too

2 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by walozanga(m): 6:07am On Dec 09, 2020
fergie001:
Nice one.
Basaksehir to win.
LOL.. Man u fan

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Gbest90(m): 6:08am On Dec 09, 2020
fantastic1:
Who the hell told you that rascim is only when one is abused etc because of skin colour?
I would love to be enlightened Sir.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by gfon(m): 6:08am On Dec 09, 2020
Gbest90:

try to read well,he didn't call him a black man. He said that NIGGA.

9 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by zeusdgrt(m): 6:11am On Dec 09, 2020
I see
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Uyi168: 6:11am On Dec 09, 2020
The only way these people will start respecting us is even a black country becomes a global power.

Until then, nothing will change.
Fifa and uefa are only playing eye service.. They are yet to make any concrete stand against racism. Just some little fines here and there..

2 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by PitexyBaba(m): 6:13am On Dec 09, 2020
The black guy...
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Bishopp007: 6:18am On Dec 09, 2020
Gbest90:

It depends on what part of the continent you are and thier intention when calling you a black guy. I love my skin and am proud to be a black!...People here in western world can be mean and racist sometimes. Until you are actually in that situation outside Nigeria or Africa, you may not really understand.
I have a lots of friends back home in Naija who are found of using N and F work regularly and I never complain because they don't have ulterior motive when using those words towards me.
Most people calling you black guy here or using your skin to describe you are racist but pretending otherwise.
In my place of work here in U.S, you can't describe someone with the color of thier skin.

YOU CAN'T REALLY UNDERSTAND ANOTHER PERSON'S EXPERIENCE UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED A MILE IN THIER SHOES

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Splitmind: 6:21am On Dec 09, 2020
Utter rubbish, I swear what counts as racist is being seriously watered down. People will bitch and whine about someone saying the word black in a Latin language but ignore racist attacks constantly going on in European football.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by styleewhyte(m): 6:22am On Dec 09, 2020
The way we black play victims when the issue of racism is raised is very childish...all over Africa we call ourselves Niggas as nick names, but when a white folk says it to us....boom we start crying....

Racism is parts and parcel of life...even blacks do it to blacks...that's not to say it's a good thing..

But racism is losing its meaning completely...

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Did Real Madrid & Barcelona Perform After Ronaldo & Messi Left The Clubs? / Leicester City To Sign £15million Wilfred Ndidi In January / Phil Masinga Dies Aged 49!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.