Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate (18524 Views)

Poll: Should Buhari, Shekerau and Ribadu attend the BON debate?

Yes: 42% (76 votes)
No: 57% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 11:54am On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by youngmonie: 11:56am On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_c-xJ8ftMQ6I/TEcDRtPeiGI/AAAAAAAAA3U/4mm1nI_ytHo/s1600/coward21.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

lmaooo!!!, if GEJ isnt one , why did he opt out of the first debate!!!>, IGNORANT!!. THAT IS WHAT U R
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Ibime(m): 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2011
Babasoty, no fall my hand!

I know your family to be one of integrity!

Please drop all this cunny cunny argument.

All we are seeing here is dribbling by someone who would use any means to wriggle out of debate.

He would change the dates at moment's notice, ask for expo, give all sorts of excuses.

Same thing he said when Atiku asked for debate.

Me I done already know say no PDP candidate can ever turn up for debate without pre-arranging the questions because they would grill them on some issues that would make them squirm.

If he is brave, he should go and attend the youth debate instead of spending time with his pet Agama Lizard.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pharoh: 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
If they did not make it to this debate then they blew it.

S. Jobs cool
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by monkeyleg: 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
What is good for goose is good for the gander. Lets not forget that Goddy did not show up at the first debate. That looses him every moral standing to complain about others.

Goddy supporters, please be reasonable. The others are in their right here. By the way there is no indication that even if they accept and turn up, Goddy wont do his usual disappearing tricks as it common with him.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by SkyBlue1: 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
I can't believe the opposition is even considering this, who on earth is advising them? The presidency has acted disingeniously with regards to the whole debate issue, agreed. However, this debate is probably going to be seen by a larger section of the voting populace than the ones before. Jonathan pulling out at the last minute from the previous debates only cast him in bad light, it would be fool hardy to come this far in gaining ground and then allow pride or something as comparatively trivial as 'making a point' become the stumbling block. Are these people ready to be in government at all? I hope this is not true and hope they show up because this is a good opportunity to sell themselves and highlight to the voting populace that Jonathan didn't turn up for previous debates or whatever. If they go on with this and loose then we better not start hearing any nonsense about rigged election cries or whatever. Some maturity is required here. Votes from people in Nigeria, and not votes from people making noise from abroad is what will win you the elections. Honestly sometimes one has to really question the "intellect" of the so called 'educated bourgeois'
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by mithel(m): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2011
infact,i love what this guys have done grin grin,i have been secretly wishin they pull out of the 'GEJ' moderated event.yeye man,he should let dbanj ask him d questions and his wife be the opponent,that way,he would look like an intellectual, i av neva seen such a useless president in my life
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by PeeDaVinci: 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2011
@Beaf  - I have always respected you and your line reasoning and argument. however, on this matter/thread, I feel you are just shouting instead of discussing, and want to force gej down pple's throat coz not many pple are viewing this issue from your perspective.  not good!!!! repent now
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by apoti(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
I heard the debate will take place at the Koko mansion grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Eziachi: 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2011
I am not a supporter of any of the candidates I will be reacting to the statement put our by  these candidates. I want people to honest with themselves and forget about your partisanship and reason like a trained human being who has some atom of knowing what is good and what is bad.

Until now, I never knew that these parties even met to discuss the model of the so called debate. It was also an eye opener to read that Jonathan's representatives rejected two dates preffered by the majority of the candidates and bow to Mr president want.

Then to read that it was Jonathan's reprsentatives that actually chose the agreed date for the debate only for him not to turn up.
I don't care who you support or do not support, be honest with your conscience for once and ask yourself, if what was said was the truth, was Jonathan right or wrong to stood up other candidate over something they had to stoop low for him to have his own way? What stopped NTA andtheir preffered govt mouth media joining to broadcast the debate?  Since when do they decide for the public which channel they preffered to watch.  In many country only few uses govt controlled  media because it all about lies an propaganda.

Isn't this a classical case of abuse of position? Once you are on top whatever you want goes irrespective of what other wanted.
I will expect Doyin Okupe to come out to denied this revelation from the other candidates because I can't still believe that, what they said truly happened.

You cannot renegate on an agreement without being arrogant, disrespectful but Jonathan and his team deserved to be heard. I have a conscience. Those that abuse the power bestowed on them should remember what Azikiwe said once "No condition is permanent"
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2011
these line from second round knockout sum up the bon debate

Well let me tell you something, you might got more cash than me
But you ain't got the skills to eat a nigga's ass like me
And if you really want to show off, we can get it on
Live in front of the cameras on your own sitcom
I'll let you kick a verse, Bleep it, I'll let you kick em all
I'd even wait for the studio audience to applaud [cheers]

[img]http://tagadavao.files./2008/07/applause.gif[/img]

we will see inventive uses of our security apparatus if you don't clap for gej, na slap be that  cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Jen33(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
Lagosboy said:

GEJ will debate with himself , argue with himself and eventually make a fool of himself.

Why should the 3 men honour BONs debate when GEJ ran with his tail in between his legs , fearing tough questions from Kadira Ahmed. I guess DBanj will be the anchor of the BON debate as well.
grin grin grin Una no go kill persin for this forum.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Ibime(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
oyb:

Well let me tell you something, you might got more cash than me
But you ain't got the skills to eat a nigga's backside like me
And if you really want to show off, we can get it on
Live in front of the cameras on your own sitcom
I'll let you kick a verse, bleep it, I'll let you kick em all
I'd even wait for the studio audience to applaud [cheers]

Hahahaha. . . . I never knew you were a Canibus fan
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Tokotaya: 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
I'm disappointed that the three will not be debating with GEJ. But I guess, one has to respect their opinions. GEJ did them wrong on that NN24 debate issue.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
@Ibime

Its not about cunning argument-- the opposition is only falling prey to what the accuse GEJ of, are you saying they can't also answer the questions even if GEJ has a knowledge of the questions,is it the knowledge of the questions or the answers you present to the questions that really matters. No matter how skewed the debate is in favor of GEJ, they can always turn the table around in favour of themselves after all its the same questions that would be thrown to all, Trust PDP to make a meal outta this---- the opposition just blundered if they really do this.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
I can't believe the opposition is even considering this, who on earth is advising them? The presidency has acted disingeniously with regards to the whole debate issue, agreed. However, this debate is probably going to be seen by a larger section of the voting populace than the ones before. Jonathan pulling out at the last minute from the previous debates only cast him in bad light, it would be fool hardy to come this far in gaining ground and then allow pride or something as comparatively trivial as 'making a point' become the stumbling block. Are these people ready to be in government at all? I hope this is not true and hope they show up because this is a good opportunity to sell themselves and highlight to the voting populace that Jonathan didn't turn up for previous debates or whatever. If they go on with this and loose then we better not start hearing any nonsense about rigged election cries or whatever. Some maturity is required here. Votes from people in Nigeria, and not votes from people making noise from abroad is what will win you the elections. Honestly sometimes one has to really question the "intellect" of the so called 'educated bourgeois'

Word Bro, spot on,
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by blinx4real(m): 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
smartest move ever, let GEJ go and debate with himself. And while he is at it, you can organize all d PDP praise singers to attend as well, great avenue to celebrate your non performance and incompetence.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Eziachi: 12:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sky Blue:

I think you are wrong, if they agreed to go ahead with this debate it will set a standard for the future. That the incumbent, either president or governor not only will choose the organiser but will also choose his preffered broadcasting media organisation and even the questions to be asked and who will ask it and with what tone of voice?

They had to stand up and say:  In this election, all candidateS on the ballot PAPER are equal and deserved to be treated equally too. Election debate is not a job of one single body.  Anybody or group can organise a debate if any candidate wishes to participate. Jonathan has the right to choose which debate he wants to attend or refused.

But not only that he suggested and agreed but he signed up to the 18th march debate, only for him to stood up the other candidates and went ahead and does his own thing. Forget about politics, everyone has his pride and deserves some courtesy. What he did according to this statement issued is his lack of respect and decorum for his fellow men irrespective of the politics and that is no class.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Beaf: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
^
Simple question; do you subscribe to NN24 and did you watch their "debate?"

The answer will floor every single word you painstakingly wrote.lol
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2011
I totally support their decision and i thank them for telling us the truth, They agreed to participate even made them change the dates only to chicken out. Bad move
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by blinx4real(m): 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_c-xJ8ftMQ6I/TEcDRtPeiGI/AAAAAAAAA3U/4mm1nI_ytHo/s1600/coward21.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Where was that plackard when GEJ ran from NN24 debate with his tails between his legs? after they refused to give him the expo!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
I think you are wrong, if they agreed to go ahead with this debate it will set a standard for the future. That the incumbent, either president or governor not only will choose the organiser but will also choose the is preffered broadcasting media and even the question. to be asked and who will ask it and with what tone of voice?

They had to stand up and say:  In this election, all candidateS on the ballot PAPER are equal and deserved to be treated equally too. Election debate is not a job of one single body.  Anybody or group can organise a debate if any candidate wishes to participate. Jonahan has the right to choose which debate he wants to attend or refused.

But not only that he suggested, agreed but signed up to the 18th march debate, only for him to stood up others and went ahead and does his own thing. Forget about politics, everone has his pride. What he did according this statement shows lack of respect and decorum for his fellow men irrespective of the politics and that is no class

Dude--- that's no reason to boycott this debate, you guys make it seem as if NN24 is more credible than the organisers of this debate or has more reach than this one-- c'mon, If GEJ has the right to choose which ever he wants to attend and likewise the opposition, then good--- don't castigate the president then for not attending that of NN24.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pharoh: 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
Very silly excuse for turning down an opportunity to reach out to Nigerians.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by blinx4real(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2011
babasoty:

Dude--- that's no reason to boycott this debate, you guys make it seem as if NN24 is more credible than the organisers of this debate or has more reach than this one-- c'mon, If GEJ has the right to choose which ever he wants to attend and likewise the opposition, then good--- don't castigate the president then for not attending that of NN24.
Sorry dude, there's no castigation here. It just shows that all men are born equal, GEJ has a right to refuse, just as the other three guys do. They have just decided to make use of their fundamental human rights!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by debest1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2011
The whole debate is pointless in my opinion, any politician with  half decent oratory skills can face the camera and blab their way through issues; such skills rarely translate into good governance. Abiola during the June 12 campaign floored Tofa in the live debate, events after the annulment of the election proved that MKO was just a lot of hot air, his incapability to rule the country was exposed by his hide and seek game.
Voting for any the candidates is always going to represent a huge amount of risk, their foibles are all too glaring even to their most ardent supporters so unless we want to keep deceiving ourselves the debate is not going to determine who gets voted in at the end of the day,
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Eziachi: 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

^
Simple question; do you subscribe to NN24 and did you watch their "debate?"

The answer will floor every single word you painstakingly wrote.lol
I watched the said debate live online. But it is not Jonathan problem on which means I chose to watch it. Since when does my welfare even to the point of TV I subscribed matters to him?
Can you listen to yourself and you insensitive conscience?
I doubt if you even have a conscience.
This election will soon be over, what will be doing? It surprises me how low some people can go just to justify their chosen believes. I really do feel sorry for you sometimes.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pharoh: 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
blinx4real:

Sorry dude, there's no castigation here. It just shows that all men are born equal, GEJ has a right to refuse, just as the other three guys do. They have just decided to make use of their fundamental human rights!

So why has there been people castigating goodluck when he did not attend the first debate or the one to be held tomorrow?. He can choose to attend the dbanj concert so he should be left to the consequences of his choice.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by SkyBlue1: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
Eziachi:

I think you are wrong, if they agreed to go ahead with this debate it will set a standard for the future. That the incumbent, either president or governor not only will choose the organiser but will also choose his preffered broadcasting media organisation and even the questions to be asked and who will ask it and with what tone of voice?

They had to stand up and say:  In this election, all candidateS on the ballot PAPER are equal and deserved to be treated equally too. Election debate is not a job of one single body.  Anybody or group can organise a debate if any candidate wishes to participate. Jonathan has the right to choose which debate he wants to attend or refused.

But not only that he suggested and agreed but he signed up to the 18th march debate, only for him to stood up the other candidates and went ahead and does his own thing. Forget about politics, everyone has his pride and deserves some courtesy. What he did according to this statement issued is his lack of respect and decorum for his fellow men irrespective of the politics and that is no class.

I beg to disagree. It would take more than this occurence to set a standard and such is a weak argument. In most instances what will allow the president to continue flagrant abuse of power is a docile populace. This is about winning an election which the opposition doesn't seem prepared to accomplish. This is not a boyfriend girlfriend quarrel, it is an election. You can claim that Jonathan abused power and you will get no disgreements from me. Ok, he abused power, what next? We are approaching the end of March. Elections are in April! And the opposition is going to boycott what would probably be the most widely aired debate visible to a larger section of the boting public because they want to make a point? What point? That they can't deal with Jonathan in a debate because he might know the questions before hand? Are they that dumb? Is it so difficult to take on Jonathan even with possible expo? Sure we can all cry unfair, but they would be doing themselves more damage by staying away. I for one have heard more than enough banter from the "opposition" about how they can be better. Time to put theory into practise or spare us please. To do that, you have to win an election, to do that, you have to convince people registered to vote to vote for you.

It is sad and desperately pathetic enough that in a country with so much human capital we are still left with the major choice of selecting between an ex military dictator who appears sincere but seems a tad clueless, the loud mouth ex EFCC chairman whose major selling point during debate was that he is "young" and has had to recant on a lot of corruption allegations he made during his ineefective tenure, and of course the PHD holder who appears anything but, shackled to a corrupt party and surrounded by corrupt individuals. I really wish ACN had fielded Adeola and Buhari had fielded a different VP. This election is messed up enough as it is, let us not make it worse by making it so easy for PDP to sweep it up.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by bkbabe97y(m): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2011
babasoty:

@Ibime

Its not about cunning argument-- the opposition is only falling prey to what the accuse GEJ of, are you saying they can't also answer the questions even if GEJ has a knowledge of the questions,is it the knowledge of the questions or the answers you present to the questions that really matters. No matter how skewed the debate is in favor of GEJ, they can always turn the table around in favour of themselves after all its the same questions that would be thrown to all, Trust PDP to make a meal outta this---- the opposition just blundered if they really do this.

Your whole post showed ure an idi*ot of a very high calibre. . . . the bolded showed that ur a complete imbe*cile!!!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2011
they just dug their graves with this move.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November / Why Blogger Emenike Iroegbu Was Arrested - Abia Govt / General Otiki: Caught In The Web Of Sokoto Election Politics! By PRNigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.